This whole pip thing...

This whole pip thing...

in WvW

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

I’ve looked around and can not find the answer.

Does it work like the reward track? With the reward track, there is no hurry ( well unless its a timed one ) Take your time and eventually you will get it.

Do the pip chest get reset after a period of time? For instance I’m on the bronze chest. Do I need to hurry to get to the diamond chest or whatever, or can I take my time?

This whole pip thing...

in WvW

Posted by: BloodyPanda.6789

BloodyPanda.6789

I’ve looked around and can not find the answer.

Does it work like the reward track? With the reward track, there is no hurry ( well unless its a timed one ) Take your time and eventually you will get it.

Do the pip chest get reset after a period of time? For instance I’m on the bronze chest. Do I need to hurry to get to the diamond chest or whatever, or can I take my time?

I think it reset weekly.

This whole pip thing...

in WvW

Posted by: Mist.6217

Mist.6217

The pips gained during each week reset on the Friday reset.

This whole pip thing...

in WvW

Tom.6478

Wow, you guys are right. It just reset and I’m back to the wood chest.

I’ll never make it to the diamond chest. Just roughly guessing, you would have to play 4 or 5 hours everyday to get there in a week. Too much for me.

I can only speak for myself, but looks like I will go back to only playing W vs W for the dailies.

I think all the new casuals will quickly realize not that much has changed as far as rewards, and the new interest will die out quickly…..not to mention the 2000 lvl requirement for the new armor…

In other words, if you were not a fan before, this new pip system won’t change much.

I’m not complaining, just my observation.

This whole pip thing...

in WvW

Posted by: BloodyPanda.6789

BloodyPanda.6789

if you want to see where you fall and how long it takes, i made a post on it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/How-long-it-take-for-all-skirmish-reward/first#post6614218

This whole pip thing...

in WvW

Tom.6478

Thanks for the info….not quite as bad as I thought, but still too much for me.

I wonder if they thought this threw. Obviously, they were trying for more participation.

If I can only get to perhaps the silver chest at my level of willingness to play, the rewards are just not there.

I will go back to my normal routine. Sure I will get a little bit more loot, but nothing special.

I have to be honest, even if there were no reset, I would probably stick with my 30 to 40 mins a day doing my dailies. It would just be more rewarding eventually if there were no reset.

So having said that….in the long run, does this increase the interest in playing W vs W? I’m guessing it won’t.

This whole pip thing...

in WvW

Posted by: Mist.6217

Mist.6217

I’m only rank 250, so only 1 extra for my rank, and was able to finish the full wood chest tier in 2 hours tonight. That was getting 4 pips per 5 min tick so all in all it shouldn’t be too hard to do if you put in a little more time.

This whole pip thing...

in WvW

Posted by: Scellow.1596

Scellow.1596

The rewards don’t worth it, armors looks generic, and that backpack, only the last tier looks unique

I find this GW2 designer dude to be really bad, we don’t want reaslitic armors in a game, we want cool looking ones, at the same level of the ones we get from the cash shop PLEASE!

This whole pip thing...

in WvW

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I was really bummed to learn the chest resets weekly too. I guess this was common knowledge to others, but for me it meant that instead of taking it slow I’d have to spend a lot more time each week which I don’t really have. I kinda wanted the exotic WvW chest and leggings for my guard but it just seems like the costs make it such a huge grind for even a semi regular WvW player (which admittedly I am not and have never been, rank 36 so far).

The WvW itself is pretty fun and I enjoy the battles, but at the same time I’m kinda bummed that the reward is so far ahead and feels too much out of reach.

This whole pip thing...

in WvW

Posted by: OctopusX.7185

OctopusX.7185

guyz whats the problem here? so you play less...
rewards and armors will stay forever whats the rush?? You’ll eventually get there, just slower. just keep logging in and play at least to finish wooden one which is about 2h of playtime, if you devide that per week its like 20-30 mins of wvw per day, plus you can do whole dailies in wvw
just dig in, eventually you’ll get what you want