This will go a long way to help wvw!!!

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

Cross server obsidian sanctum areas so that players who are not in the match ups can gvg against one another. Hell, you could make it like Spvp where players can buy tokens and starter kits then password protect the areas so only the two guilds involved can get in (as long as all armor / stats / traits etc etc mirror wvw)… it doesn’t have to be perfect… I’d settle for the red/blue/green in eotm because even that would open up a lot of possibilities

- no ganking
- no interference
- gvg on demand
- gvg with players / guilds from other servers
- private areas for gvgs
- possibly different maps?
- not stacking certain servers just to get fights

- success

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

(edited by SniffyCube.6107)

in WvW

Posted by: MrFluffy.9307

MrFluffy.9307

plz yes, just YES !!!!

Hi

in WvW

SniffyCube.6107

and anet can have a more interesting esports area to focus on

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

(edited by SniffyCube.6107)

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

how does this help wvw? your kills aren’t stopping the enemy and its not generating ppt. you need an entirely separate zone from wvw for gvg.

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

how does this help wvw? your kills aren’t stopping the enemy and its not generating ppt. you need an entirely separate zone from wvw for gvg.

snip
- not stacking certain servers just to get fights
snip

plus
- no weight on regular maps (line ups because of GvG, thinking a guild is there to play while it GvG, making GW2 GvG somewhat more of a game mode, so that they don’t take in places of WvWers…)
- GvG guilds are often the great fighters on their server. One good GvG guild can keep the other servers zergs busy, so that they leave our structures alone, allowing other groups to cap ennemy structure….

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

I agree with OP. This is the type of fundamental change to current system that I am thinking about when I propose things like reducing total number of home servers. Combining ideas like these with Megaserver concepts, and still retaining queue system for some cases, means no need for 24 or more home servers.

I don’t think that “ganking” is addressed by this solution, though.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

If these groups are so good I’m not sure why “ganking” is a problem in the first place

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Virtute.8251

If these groups are so good I’m not sure why “ganking” is a problem in the first place

OP plays bottom of Bronze League.

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

This seems very exploitable.

Botting companies would have two botting guilds constantly farm each other for loot.

And how could a non-botter report or see these type of players if the server is closed?

in WvW

Virtute.8251

This seems very exploitable.

Botting companies would have two botting guilds constantly farm each other for loot.

And how could a non-botter report or see these type of players if the server is closed?

That’s easy. SPvP doesn’t reward kills through the PvE loot system. If GvG is meant to grow into a similar competition, through the Obsidian Sanctum, the answer is to treat it like sPvP in that regard, even though the PvE/WvW character build system is used there.

No loot table on Obsidian Sanctum, after this change to the game.

But… this was also already addressed in the first months of game release, and they successfully got rid of the obvious kind of farming you’re talking about. It doesn’t need player recognition of the facts. This exploit is obvious and conspicuous in the server-side data.

in WvW

SniffyCube.6107

OP plays bottom of Bronze League.

“ganking” doesn’t mean they’d win, but interference esp in small scale duels and even the larger gvgs is annoying and ganking doesn’t have to be one player… I’ve seen whole zergs troll it and even if wiped it still detracts from the fight

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in WvW

SniffyCube.6107

In all honesty a lot of players would like to see this and get into the gvg scene uninterrupted etc – right now it’s limited to t2 as the sweet spot so it would be nice dueling from / learning / and getting experience from the other guilds without having to move servers as well as setting up scrims etc without having to wait for people to get done using the OS.

and eotm is flat out terrible

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Virtute.8251

I’ll rephrase, then. Sure, a lot of players would like to see something like what you’re suggesting. They’d also like to see it as a separate map/mode, and I know many of them don’t like their fights being interrupted.

You can not expect the uninterrupted part of that in WvW, because chivalry doesn’t exist there, and I think it’s funny: both that the fights get interrupted, and that the participants complain about it (part of the goal in interrupting those fights!)

(edited by Virtute.8251)

in WvW

SniffyCube.6107

I’ll rephrase, then. Sure, a lot of players would like to see something like what you’re suggesting. They’d also like to see it as a separate map/mode, and I know many of them don’t like their fights being interrupted.

You can not expect the uninterrupted part of that in WvW, because chivalry doesn’t exist there, and I think it’s funny: both that the fights get interrupted, and that the participants complain about it (part of the goal in interrupting those fights!)

I’ll admit it can be fun for the person doing it lol but I don’t think anet had “let’s kitten off as many players as we can” as part of this gamemode… maybe I could be wrong … that dev incident was pretty bs

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid