Thoughts on Auto-Loot

Thoughts on Auto-Loot

in WvW

Posted by: Krew.3081

Krew.3081

Auto Loot carrying over to WvW, so we can focus on PvPing and not picking up bags…. that would honestly make my experience FANTASTIC… does anyone agree here? I don’t think it would harm anything, if anything we would probably get alot more loot, because I know for a fact I miss stuff all the time.

Thoughts on Auto-Loot

in WvW

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Probably why the Devs said they were working on it, I believe. You can read their posts over in the WvW sub-forum.

Good luck.

Thoughts on Auto-Loot

in WvW

Krew.3081

@Inculpatus, I didn’t hear that or see it in the forums! Thanks for the update. I did search before I made a post, apparently not good enough. Was this on twitch?

Thoughts on Auto-Loot

in WvW

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Honestly, it was stupid to have loot drop as bags in wvw in the first place, if the bags were just going to warp to your feet. What’s the point of having a world-lootable device if there’s no reason to walk over to a corpse and loot it? The whole idea of teleporting loot bags was always really dumb.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Thoughts on Auto-Loot

in WvW

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No…see edit above. =)

Or the Dev Tracker; that’s where I get much of my ‘Dev news’. =)

Thoughts on Auto-Loot

in WvW

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

My thoughts on auto-loot? Don’t bother. Doesn’t work in WvW and EOTM.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Thoughts on Auto-Loot

in WvW

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Honestly, it was stupid to have loot drop as bags in wvw in the first place, if the bags were just going to warp to your feet. What’s the point of having a world-lootable device if there’s no reason to walk over to a corpse and loot it? The whole idea of teleporting loot bags was always really dumb.

Actually this system for WVW makes perfect sense. It gives incentive to help defend a tower, keep or Stonemist. If you had to walk over to the body to get your loot it means all your defences and using defence siege is just going to waste. If you try and wait for the whole enemy zerg to be dead before trying to go and loot the bodies they would of course disappear by then. Could you imagine the crying on the forums if this system was not in place for WvW?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Thoughts on Auto-Loot

in WvW

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

I think it’s great to no longer have to constantly hit a button to make sure I didn’t miss any loot. There’s no downside in pve or pvp (except the first hour when your reflexes still tap that button for you).

Thoughts on Auto-Loot

in WvW

PopeUrban.2578

Actually this system for WVW makes perfect sense. It gives incentive to help defend a tower, keep or Stonemist. If you had to walk over to the body to get your loot it means all your defences and using defence siege is just going to waste. If you try and wait for the whole enemy zerg to be dead before trying to go and loot the bodies they would of course disappear by then. Could you imagine the crying on the forums if this system was not in place for WvW?

You’re missing the point. If it’s going to be a pain to have the bags drop on the bodies, then why have bags drop at all? It was silly to put the loot in bags in the first place rather than have it pop in your inventory so you can concentrate on the task at hand.

Basically, if the bags teleport, then why have bags in the first place? The bags are unneccessary if they just materialize at your feed and only serve to make you hit f for no discernable reason. Get it?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory

Thoughts on Auto-Loot

in WvW

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

Because your bags can be full.

But changing it to have an item “bag” that can stack by 250 could solve it.

Thoughts on Auto-Loot

in WvW

PopeUrban.2578

Because your bags can be full.

But changing it to have an item “bag” that can stack by 250 could solve it.

Overflow inventory is a thing. Heck, map rewards, and before that screen chest rewards deposited stuff to the inventory.

There wasn’t really a tech reason to make it bags. For that matter, there wasn’t much of a reason to have bag/corpse looting in PvE either considering looting is instantaneous in this game, but it makes slightly more sense in pve for the immersion factor I guess. I never really understood the bags in WvW. They just seemed unneccessary, so obviously I’m in favor of autolooting.

Thoughts on Auto-Loot

in WvW

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

You’re missing the point. If it’s going to be a pain to have the bags drop on the bodies, then why have bags drop at all? It was silly to put the loot in bags in the first place rather than have it pop in your inventory so you can concentrate on the task at hand.

Basically, if the bags teleport, then why have bags in the first place? The bags are unneccessary if they just materialize at your feed and only serve to make you hit f for no discernable reason. Get it?

I would say they did it this way so that if you get killed and then your tagged enemy also dies you do not get your reward without having to go back to the area or be ressed. It’s that reward for succeeding thing. Imagine running into a zerg and tagging as many as you could then stopping and not caring if you die or not or just run to the side, afk for a bit and who cares what happens because you will get your loot anyway. And yes, I believe there would be players that would do this lol.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Thoughts on Auto-Loot

in WvW

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Thoughts on Auto-Loot

in WvW

Krew.3081

That sucks! I really thought they would of given this one to us. It’s literally just picking up bags.. there is no downside what so ever. Having to earn it again and waste more points on it is so silly. Oh well, what a bummer.