Thoughts on WvW class balance?

in WvW

Posted by: squiggit.2357

squiggit.2357

Just curious what people have been thinking of it so far. Classes you feel rule the battlefield? Classes you feel are mostly dead weight? None of the above?

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

You mean like the Warrior who has 10 people attacking him. He does the festive blade spinny thing, kills 8 people and runs off with only %25 dmg?

All classes are working as intended.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

in WvW

Posted by: BAZiiNGA.7089

BAZiiNGA.7089

You mean like the Warrior who has 10 people attacking him. He does the festive blade spinny thing, kills 8 people and runs off with only %25 dmg?

All classes are working as intended.

There is no reason to be upset.

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

I’m not upset, just saying/pointing out a future nurf nuke target.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

There will be no nerf because of WvW. It was never meant to be balanced. It was designed to be unbalanced.

in WvW

Posted by: MrPicklez.6473

MrPicklez.6473

I am a thief. Classes feel incredibly balanced. Do not change them. Except for elementalists, yes, nerf them.

in WvW

Posted by: squiggit.2357

squiggit.2357

There will be no nerf because of WvW. It was never meant to be balanced. It was designed to be unbalanced.

Maybe. I’m most just curious to see what people think about how each class performs and whether there are any that people find particularly strong or weak.

Personally I’ve found things to be not too bad, though I have noticed that within classes, certain playstyles tend to heavily fall out of favor ( short range specs for non-thief non-warrior classes seem notably weak. But maybe I just haven’t figured it out yet)

in WvW

Posted by: Stice.5204

Stice.5204

Classes you feel rule the battlefield?

There aren’t any. What rules the battlefield is numbers, coordination and the proper use of siege weapons.

Certain character builds with lots of support functionality or the ability to disable enemies or deal high damage from long range are generally more effective, but all professions can build for at least one of those things and there is no character build that can make up for the things I mentioned above.

Guardian, Engineer
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast – BP

in WvW

Posted by: Korota.4590

Korota.4590

I lag out and die too fast to know what class violated me in under 10 seconds. The fact that they’re invisible half the time doesn’t help(lol render caps). So yeah, I guess as far as I’m concerned they’re all just as good at killing me as the others. :P

in WvW

Posted by: Saga.1652

Saga.1652

I’d say the only class that really feels superior to the others is Mesmer. Thieves are excellent Dolyak assassins though, but Mesmers are the only class I don’t dare go 1v1.

in WvW

Posted by: Arsenic.8259

Arsenic.8259

I’d say the only class that really feels superior to the others is Mesmer. Thieves are excellent Dolyak assassins though, but Mesmers are the only class I don’t dare go 1v1.

In WvW, how my Thief is built, I smash them. In sPvp I leave them alone.
But about the topic, WvW is more about range fights and aoes. And some pulls. I feel kinda bad for warriors and thieves such as myself. But on another note, I love being one of the main scouts for my guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Gmotagi.3641

Gmotagi.3641

Support Guardians get very little loot. I always here ‘look at all the loot bags’ from other classes but I’m lucky to get one in a fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Tygra.4570

Tygra.4570

As long as the skills aren’t split for PvE/sPvP/WvW there won’t be balance.
It was done with much sucess on GW1, it should be done on GW2.

The French Flair [FF]

in WvW

Posted by: RamzaBehoulve.5640

RamzaBehoulve.5640

Support Guardians get very little loot. I always here ‘look at all the loot bags’ from other classes but I’m lucky to get one in a fight.

That’s my only issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Wrong. From Jon Peters: “PvE, WvW, and sPvP balance are all equally important and we will address them all with the same amount of weight and thought.” (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Balancing-Guild-Wars-2.)