Thread locked and crossed out

in WvW

Posted by: Jay.7546

Jay.7546

What’s it mean when a thread has a line through it and a lock at the end of it?

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

An Admin or Moderator has decided there shouldn’t be any more discussion or the topic has finished it’s course. The thread has therefore been locked to stop additional posts.

Effectively you can’t post in the thread.

in WvW

Jay.7546

So instead of the community letting the thread die because its run its course you mean an admin makes that decision for us, interesting.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Threads are only locked because they violate the rules, though.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Jay.7546

Seems arbitrary since I’ve read worse on active threads but I guess its the way it is.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Matchup threads are not allowed; the ones I see are related on the front page are related to that. Though I suppose I’m having a hard time finding out where it says matchup threads are not allowed even if they have posted about it in the past, people passing by wouldn’t actually notice.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

That is in the terms and conditions of use, you have agreed to it already. Most forums will do this sort of thing. Their other options are to delete the thread or merge it with another.

in WvW

Jay.7546

Yeah I just scrolled back some pages and anything with a WvW that offers opinions on the state of affairs and server issues is being crossed out and locked.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

The problem is when the state of wvw is discussed there are always a few that will say it Is because server xyz. Then someone responds what server abc did – making it a matchup thread..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: LMac.9432

LMac.9432

Too bad, where are you supposed to talk about server matchups in WvW if not on forums. It’s not all unicorns and rose petals in WvW its all about fighting and killing.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

There is a forum for that, but boy oh boy the trolls….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Ithurien.3652

Ithurien.3652

These WvW threads usually devolve fairly quickly into “Server A blobs/spams siege/runs from fights, whereas my own Server B is wonderful and stomps enemy zergs at 10 to 1 odds.” Then people start getting tetchy and it all goes downhill from there. Most of the threads that got locked were the usual tedious examples of this.

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

What’s it mean when a thread has a line through it and a lock at the end of it?

Threads are locked at the discretion of the moderator, so if you said something he did not like, boom there you go.

Regarding Matchup Thread. You could go over there: http://www.gw2wvw.net