Tier 1: 1up1down Rest: Glicko

in WvW

Posted by: Ryudnard.2587

Ryudnard.2587

We should utilize both 1U1D and glikco at the same time. The glikco system offered a vareity which brought up intersting match-ups. It was unpredictable. It was fun. The problem was it was making the match ups in every tier highly unbalanced, giving frustration to both winning and losing side. By partially applying 1U1D system, we can manage this.

Treat Tier 1 bracket as a special bracket. We will use 1U1D system for the tier 1 bracket. This bracket is where a server cannot compete unless they have the number and good coverage. It would not be motivating to play against servers where one server has zero chance of winning. As an example, Crystal Desert has zero chance of winning when paired up agsint BG and JQ. BG and JQ won’t be enjoying the match up as well. CD is essentially an outlier. It is JQ vs BG, 1 vs 1. We don’t want this. I believe Anet don’t want this. No offense to CD, I just took it as an example.

Tier 2, Tier 3, and Tier 4 can follow the glikco system. Yes, there is a gap between each tier, but it is relatively manageable.

So, if you’re placed in Tier 2 for this week, you will move up to Tier 1 by placing the 1st. If you’re in Tier 1, and placed the 3rd, you will move down and the glicko system will decide your next match up.

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

Reserved

Attachments:

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

dont complicate an already working system

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I think they should just hire an intern for 30 minutes each week that randomly match together servers. Someone over at Anet must have a kid, or at the very least a cat.

in WvW

Posted by: Calibratrix.9128

Calibratrix.9128

I agree with OP – every week Blackgate win they should go up a tier…

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

This is not a good idea for a number of reasons.

1. CD is not a good example to use because the current up-down pair for T1 is YB and Mag. CD is currently in T4 and would take a couple of weeks to reach T1 if they wanted to challenge BG.

2. The OP is grossly unfair to CD – I’ve been linked with them and played many hours with them and they are not so lightly dismissed. They’re a good server.

3. Glicko is an awful system once it develops gaps. The OP has probably not been playing long enough to remember the T3 glicko hell from a couple of years ago, so I’ll explain it. Once upon a time there were four servers with the glicko score to be in T2 and none of them wanted to go down. So whichever server ended up in T3 stomped the other two T3 servers – glicko gave them less score for winning because they were higher scoring in the first place so they needed the biggest score possible to go back up. For the real T3 servers at the time it meant we got stomped. And stomped. And stomped.
For NINE months
…before the glicko scores changed enough to get some changes. This had a huge impact on the T3 servers – it can be disheartening when you log in and everything on every map is owned by one server.

I’m not a fan of glicko anymore. Any scoring system that allows this situation to develop is not appropriate.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

I agree with OP – every week Blackgate win they should go up a tier…

Then very soon we would be matched up with God…