Tier 1 EU needs assistance ArenaNet.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Maybe WvW should evolve into a higher order of level.

Everyone eat Quaggan tonic and run around yelling “Foo!”?

Hahahaha…. You know what I mean though. For example going up from a micro to meso to macro level.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

It would be nice to have at least the sing of a mod/dev showing up to say what they think on the question tbh :\

in WvW

Posted by: blutch.9283

blutch.9283

Come over to tier one NA. SoR could use some Euro’s to make this an awesome match up.

you pay us the migration? it is about 120 to 1800 gems by people migrating.

Migration is not possible unless you farm for 2-3 weeks

in WvW

Posted by: Rigel.5789

Rigel.5789

It would be nice to have at least the sing of a mod/dev showing up to say what they think on the question tbh :\

That’s all I ask for aswell. Just to hear their thoughts and have an open discussion about our concerns and what isn’t working out. As long as it is done in a polite manner, I don’t see anything wrong with it.

Narai [VoTF] | Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Samstein.5269

Samstein.5269

Come over to tier one NA. SoR could use some Euro’s to make this an awesome match up.

Ah! So this might be a good reason for Anet to not adress this situation? They simply want to make unbalanced tiers so players pay gems for transfers into other servers.

Yes yes, there are gold>gems convertions but honestly how many players wants to farm that long for so much gold? Anet gets their profit not from monthly subscription fee, only from people buying gems! Their job is to get players buy as much gems as possible, they want to keep the players, get more players, satisfy and make them pay, pay pay pay.

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

why dont we on deso and sfr just trash viz until they become 3rd server, and then keep them there until viz night shift gets bored of their fruitless efforts and just quits their french brothers?

it might take a year, but beating viz at their own game (point scoring) sounds something id go over quitting/boycott anytime.

if we make it, would be epic:)

in WvW

Samstein.5269

why dont we on deso and sfr just trash viz until they become 3rd server, and then keep them there until viz night shift gets bored of their fruitless efforts and just quits their french brothers?

it might take a year, but beating viz at their own game (point scoring) sounds something id go over quitting/boycott anytime.

That was the initial plan seafarers had when we came back up to tier1 again with all these new guilds, unfortunately when we reached #1 EU we crashed and burned, there is alot of fingers pointing to alot of things that made us crash and burn but who really knows?

The problem is still that vizunah has alot more players and with that they can have alot more coverage, they have the same numbers as we do at primetime and thats the only time either desolation or seafarers can put up a decent fight, I really dont think that seafarers and desolation has players that actually wants to play 24/7, Vizunah has players that can pick up where their other players left off, when primetime is over someone else comes online and cap.

That´s the main problem and it has always been the problem, vizunah is simply great at keeping players active on the borders and once again, desolation or seafarers cant have players playing 24/7.

People that still arguments about these facts in one way or another are just clueless players.

in WvW

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

i think that it should be like this:
tier1-tierX:
fist place: advances 1 tier next reset
2nd place:remains at current tier
3rd place: drops 1 tier

obviously no.1 server can’t advance beyond no.1
and last server can’t drop
screw the rating system…

in WvW

PetricaKerempuh.7958

That was the initial plan seafarers had when we came back up to tier1 again with all these new guilds, unfortunately when we reached #1 EU we crashed and burned, there is alot of fingers pointing to alot of things that made us crash and burn but who really knows?

The problem is still that vizunah has alot more players and with that they can have alot more coverage, they have the same numbers as we do at primetime and thats the only time either desolation or seafarers can put up a decent fight, I really dont think that seafarers and desolation has players that actually wants to play 24/7, Vizunah has players that can pick up where their other players left off, when primetime is over someone else comes online and cap.

That´s the main problem and it has always been the problem, vizunah is simply great at keeping players active on the borders and once again, desolation or seafarers cant have players playing 24/7.

People that still arguments about these facts in one way or another are just clueless players.

has there actually been an effort?

in WvW

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

In making drama? sure.

in WvW

Samstein.5269

has there actually been an effort he asks? Then why can you explain that seafarers was the #1? was it because there wasn´t an effort? vizunah just felt like they wanted to be blue for a while? Come on man!

in WvW

PetricaKerempuh.7958

has there actually been an effort he asks? Then why can you explain that seafarers was the #1? was it because there wasn´t an effort? vizunah just felt like they wanted to be blue for a while? Come on man!

we arent talking about great times of the past. dnt get insulted like a child.

if there is a problem with matchmaking then it needs to be fixed. im against deus ex machina. im for 1st server up, 2nd stays, 3rd goes down tier.

in the meantime we need to make something work. if you, samstein, are the man to take sfr to 1st place again, by all means… if not, what is the point of your post?

in WvW

Samstein.5269

Stick to topic, read what you responded to in the first place, then think about why I said what I did. I have no intention to start a campaign in this thread to become #1, that post I did was just info for you so you could realise why we need to drop tiers and not fight to be #1. If you dont understand this I have no reason to continue this discussion with you anymore, I don´t like to be called a child when you are the one who dont know what the hell you are talking about.

in WvW

PetricaKerempuh.7958

Stick to topic, read what you responded to in the first place, then think about why I said what I did. I have no intention to start a campaign in this thread to become #1, that post I did was just info for you so you could realise why we need to drop tiers and not fight to be #1. If you dont understand this I have no reason to continue this discussion with you anymore, I don´t like to be called a child when you are the one who dont know what the hell you are talking about.

this conversation is going nowhere… try to read what i said, not respond to what you think i responded to. if this is your idea of a conversation you need to focus.

goodby sam…

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

+1 to what Narai said.

Although I enjoy fighting VS, if Deso keeps bleeding players at the rate it is we won’t be able to compete even in prime time which is our only time window we can actually give VS a run for their money.

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in WvW

Samstein.5269

Ok, PetricaKerempuh. Your first comment in this thread was a suggestion that we should “trash” vizunah to 3rd place, and hope that they will quit playing the game.

I respond with> We tried to beat them but we couldnt and now we have even less players that makes us even less able to do it.

You question me with asking “has there actually been an effort?” . I think to myself what he means with this question, he must be asking if seafarers and desolation has actually tried to beat vizunah.

I respond to this with > yes we have, giving the fact that we put up an effort and became #1. This was the first thing you actually wanted to make us do > trash vizunah to #3, right?….

Then you come up to me and tell me not to talk about the past and not get offended like a child. You ask me if im a man and wants to take sfr to #1 and if not, what is the point of my post?

Now let me tell you the point of my post, it was to explain to you that seafarers or desolation can´t compete for #1 anymore and doesn´t belong to tier1. It was the first post I made in this thread, you are just creating drama and taking this topic into a different direction, calling me a child and what not.

I think you need to focus on what we are conversating on in the first place. Get out of here!

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

You can farm COF p1 for like 2 days at a good pace…. at a casual pace 1 week at most.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in WvW

PetricaKerempuh.7958

communication breakdown.

this is what i read:

i say we join forces (deso+sfr) and trash viz.
u say that was Initial plan when you got to t1.
then you also said that you got crashed and burned (idk what that means exactly… i went for loosing wvw players and getting wors in wvw all together). so the crashing and burning started immediately after you entered t1, so i logically ask the next question: has there even been an effort by sfr and dest to join forces?
and then you suddenly start speaking of glorious times when sfr actually was nr1. a bit confusing, dnt you think?
basically you talk too much and jump in your own mouth.

im not gonna continue this conversation in this manner. this is what you need to read:

are we gonna do it NOW? like, go and get viz where it hurts and keep them at 3rd place, or not?
personally i believe it can be done.

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

It probably could be done but it would get boring sitting around VS spawns with siege all day everyday. Ratings would go up and when people start leaving again after the novelty wears off we would be utterly screwed.

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in WvW

PetricaKerempuh.7958

at this point its about saving the wvw community in two t1 servers. lets think big.

if any commanders are reading this and agree talk to each other and make it happen. we need a goal other than lootbags now. and what better than an epic fight with viz beast?

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Have you been around much Petrica? There’s no way we can do that anymore, we try to blob when we can but Viz just has the better coverage I don’t blame them though Anet has made wvw so casual and imbalanced. Anyway there is no way would anyone agree to that kind of alliance it didn’t work the first time and it wouldn’t the second, the alliance split opinion just like the idea of trying to drop on purpose that we just attacked each other anyway because we have competitive people who remember it’s wv3.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: ilmau.9781

ilmau.9781

i 100% agree on this topic, but i feel like anet don t give a s***t about.
We already asked such things so many times that i v lost the count, they simply ignore us.

Keep going like this anet and we ll soon see where u lead this game.
Consider they thinking about competitive e-sports while they cannot even menage www.. that s really hilarious.

Also little OT:
The new spvp custom arenas will be avaible by gem purchase?
I d rather go pay Darkfall monthly fee this case.

I m off this game for some days now, i m epic bored.
Hope they do something soon otherwise i wont even get back.

Cya, and nice try with this topic.

[Hell] Kresh Bloodghast
Seafarer’s Rest Alliance Leader – www.pevepe.net/gw2

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

If they have a “good” week and lose by only 150,000 points they will actually gain rating. Their only saving grace is that SFR is capable of losing alot of glicko rating and is more likely to swap places with a tier 2 server, which should accelerate Deso’s descent.

That is the thing that has had me confused for a while(actually still confused by it). How can we be gaining rating while losing?!

Right now http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#EU shows that VS is way ahead of either Desolation and SFR. It has more than both combined yet VS is the one losing rating? Am I looking at that chart incorrectly?

The rating system is meant to take into account abberations like a freak win/loss i.e. one server has low turnout over Christmas compared to another which has a lot of players in countries that don’t celebrate Christmas.

A freak loss over Christmas shouldn’t send a giant server down 3 or 4 tiers where they curbstomp tiny servers. The rating system was designed to adjust +rating based on past performance so you can say with reliability that this server is big enough to compete in this tier. A freak loss will not send a Vizunah Square down to tier 7. Incidentally, if anet were to hard glicko reset (every server has 1500 rating) then this is exactly what would happen if Vizunah decide they didn’t want to show up for one week.

The problem with glicko from the very beginning is that it assumes large numbers of players will not switch servers on a regular basis, which is the fatal flaw in this system.

Glicko rating strongly correlates to population and timezone coverage, mainly because thats how you reliably win in WvW. The only time this is not true is when players mass transfer in a short space of time (which is exactly what happened to Deso and SFR).

Deso now has to go through a painful period where its glicko rating needs to correct itself but Deso has been tier 1 for a long time and has consistently lost to Vizunah. So this is situation is very normal. This is why Deso is hardly losing any rating.

Your rating shift is based on the assumption that Deso was the same server it was in December but that is no longer true.

You can blame the rating system for this problem but in truth, its the players that have really screwed every tier rating beyond salvation. There are so many reasons for why players do this: part of it is wanting to win but the bigger part is not wanting to lose. They are not the same thing.

When you are losing in an impossible situation, and you happen to be in control, thats a very uncomfortable place to be. Most people will not volunteer their free time to put themselves in this position. You notice how you have a billion commanders and legions of WvW players when you are winning comfortably? When you lose most those players don’t turn out. This should not be surprising. Its mainly because people don’t want to be put in that situation where lots of others turn to them and say “can you take control of this mess?”

People don’t want to be the guy with the hot potato, the one who dropped the ball.

in WvW

Rigel.5789

Just to clear a couple of things up that has been mentioned in the past few posts. When we were competing and Vizunah went blue they didn’t have the coverage they have now. I’m not entirely sure if there actually was a call to arms, although that’s what people are saying. I was part of night shifts where Vizunah hit +5 and barely had anybody online. Now they have at least 60 people online at any time of the day, and to be frank even back then we probably couldn’t have competed with that. We would have had a much better shot at beating them than we have when over 50% of our WvW population has left, it is only natural that we should be dropping tiers by now.

Also with the free transfers around for 4 or 5 months ofcourse server transfers will occur. Either way it would go this way in the end anyway, it was just a matter of time before the gaps between each tier was big enough for no change to ever happen. It has to be dealt with, it really does.

in WvW

Posted by: Troma.3250

Troma.3250

Hi friends,

the things is you do not realize the work and effort it require to keep this machine alive. To talk for myself, sometimes it was 10+hours of work by day to motivate people, make motivation “rp” posts, do morale boost by ingame speech, solve dramas, make mega meeting to solves incoming dramas, making a site, images, mega call to arms, Ts image with speech every week, etc etc. It took weeks and months to build this. For the coverage it come from big commanders and me effort to keep people in, to motivate them everytime with speech and ingame action. All this made a lot of us totally exhausted.

Yes, maybe it’s too much for a game, but heh i wanted to make a better community and i was fed up with all “white flag” and surrender things french suffers in online games. I wanted to change things. And everyone on VS played the game, even when it was very hard versus SFR or BT instead of leaving/quitting we made the turtle and stand.

It’s totally idealist but when we loose i would put a big GG and a pic of a knight on his knee for you. I would like to see no troll, no lamers, only people enjoying and discussing about their epic battles on forum.

If you manage to do a true 2v1, sure it will be hell to counter this, but at what price? like someone said, camping the spawn with 2 servers versus 1 won’t be fun for you too.

I think the only solution for us is: persuade anet to change the rating system.

co-founder of Grand Cross Alliance
General of Grand Cross Knights [GCK]
www.grandcross.fr/codex-gck

(edited by Troma.3250)

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

When you are losing in an impossible situation, and you happen to be in control, thats a very uncomfortable place to be. Most people will not volunteer their free time to put themselves in this position. You notice how you have a billion commanders and legions of WvW players when you are winning comfortably? When you lose most those players don’t turn out. This should not be surprising. Its mainly because people don’t want to be put in that situation where lots of others turn to them and say “can you take control of this mess?”

People don’t want to be the guy with the hot potato, the one who dropped the ball.

Agreed. When the server is on a downward spiral very few want to be visible leaders.

In the recent weeks there has often been a situation that we have no visible commanders on the map, despite there are several commander title owners on that map. I can very much imagine why some veteran commanders are having a burn out and have no wish to command when the borderlands has 3 upleveled characters + them.

I have also seen a lot of hate talk in the map chat "This commander is sht".* Comments like that are surely not encouraging people to turn on their commander tag. And without any leadership people are just scattered around and the huge Visunah zerg will eat them.

I have luckily not received much negative comments in the map when I have been commanding. Sure last night at VS BL, just after the reset, one person wrote in map chat: “Ayna, learn to command before…”. Well, the thing is we were badly outnumbered (and had the outmanned “buff)” and the few PuGs were really not sticking to me. Still we got the tower + camps. Another commander showed on the map and I disabled my icon. We soon got 3 times more people (no longer outmanned), but still a better coordinated enemy was winning most of the fights.

I can imagine SFR is having similar problems. Both SFR and Deso want to drop to t2, so there is not much any point in any kind of defense (you don’t want too many points for your server ). I guess SFR drops 1st, but it still might take weeks.

A lot of people don’t understand that when you are badly outnumbered and you only have PuGs, who aren’t on TeamSpeak, no guild teams on the map, it is very difficult to win against a better organized enemy, which has 2-3 times more people. The outmanned buff needs to be redesigned to give actual buffs to the weaker side. Period.

I have several times assumed commander status when our borderland has been completely under enemy control: zero points for us. I usually leave it when we control almost half of the map, but it is all hard work, using countless of siege prints (donations are welcome!).

Recently there has been also a big influx of non-WvWvW players coming to WvWvW e.g. last night I saw our side building a ram over 1500 range far from the enemy gates and place an arrow cart next to enemy gate, but not finish building it. Sighs… we need to have a quick training camp for PuGs: the importance of supplies, how place siege weapons, how and when to cap small objectives like supply camps, NPCs, basic combo field stuff. I am actually still willing to organize that kind of stuff if anybody is interested.

On the positive note: there really are no queues to any borderlands, even on primetime. And the queue to EB is generall short even on primetime (and no queue at off hours). This would make things ideal for some big guild to organize raids as they can easily get their people in.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Rigel.5789

I respect what you have achieved with Vizunah Troma, and I personally do not blame Vizunah for this mess. It’s gone on for far too long with us not dropping tiers, tier 1 is not as bad as it looks on paper with the current blowout scores. It’s just that two servers are in tier 1 that shouldn’t be there. We don’t have the manpower to pull pressure off each other except for primetime. A 2v1 wouldn’t be fair for anyone and with our lack of night and morning coverage Vizunah would still win the points game.

I agree that the only solution is for Anet to change the rating system. For the sake of every server. Right now it may be us in tier 1 EU that suffers, but in a few weeks it could be other servers. The more players, guilds, even servers that stand behind it the better. I hope you can see it through our eyes and put yourself in our shoes. I hope it sends out a message with support from all three sides of the current tier 1 EU that this is something we all want to see happen.

in WvW

Posted by: lunoh.1963

lunoh.1963

The problem right now in t2 on elona are partially the french holidays as we got quiet a beating in the last two weeks from jade.. Many players saw that as a prologue for t1 and the nay sayers for t1 grew bigger and stronger..

Also Elona has big issues with pugs and homelands,.. having queue on primetime with then only 50 people in ts3 and maybe 35-40 people with the comm, we will be nothing more then a big moskito for Viz.. so until we don’t fix that I as a homelands player dont want to go in t1..

In addition If we go up and SFR drops and then Deso and Jade goes switch .. well we will not hold a week..

(edited by lunoh.1963)

in WvW

Posted by: Under Web.2497

Under Web.2497

SOMETHING NEEDS to HAPPEN – People are LEAVING the game because of it

in WvW

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

if there is a problem with matchmaking then it needs to be fixed. im against deus ex machina. im for 1st server up, 2nd stays, 3rd goes down tier.

in the meantime we need to make something work. if you, samstein, are the man to take sfr to 1st place again, by all means… if not, what is the point of your post?

You must be new here, so please stay quiet if you can’t contribute to the topic.
SFR is not interested in being the #1.

in WvW

Besetment.9187

I have also seen a lot of hate talk in the map chat “This commander is kitten”. Comments like that are surely not encouraging people to turn on their commander tag. And without any leadership people are just scattered around and the huge Visunah zerg will eat them.

This is absolutely the worst thing and will rot a server slowly like nothing else. It happens on my server, it happens on every server. It needs to stop.

Everything I learned, was through iterative development. i.e. I did something, failed, tried to understand why I failed and then tried something different. Eventually you start to do more things right than wrong, because you understand and avoid many points of failure.

I was lucky I guess to do this early enough in the game in enough dead borderlands that I didn’t get trashed too badly for it but I’ve seen some people get trashed on so badly, they never come back to this game and that slays me.

If you want to be good at something you basically have to screw up thousands of times before you start getting things right consistently. This is normal and people should be encouraged to have no fear when going through this. Try it out. If you make a mistake, we will identify the problem and not repeat it. You have learned something.

You look at any healthy PvP game and that has to be the cornerstone of the community. It really annoys me when a fledgling commander gets burned in team chat by someone I don’t even recognize. It takes guts to step up and try something, even if you know its not going to work. Its one thing to say you are doing something wrong. Its a whole different thing to try and do something right.

The fighting game community imho is the model for how competitive PvP should work. Its informal and inviting. There is friendly smack talk but if you give it go (even if you fail), you will get respect. It takes guts to sign up for a tournament, get destroyed on live stream and take something positive away from it. Anyone who tries deserves acknowledgement.

But what it comes down to is a strong community. People who say community doesn’t matter in GW2 really has no idea. Community is everything.

(edited by Besetment.9187)

in WvW

Posted by: Qwixx.5923

Qwixx.5923

The Frenchies on Vizunah simply need to spread towards the other French servers. I guess its clear to all of us that Viz is the most crowded and active WvW server in whole EU, so by making Viz lose players the T1 would balance itself et voila, you got your fancy T1 matchup. Make them transfer to other servers, I don’t even get how they can regularly bear queues of 3 hours, whereas every other server in T1/T2 almost never have queues and if they have it’s like 1 hour max. This would certainly influence the whole EU ladder, so that we might get new matchups.

This is not quite exact.
5 weeks ago, when SFR/Deso ??were still in full form, VS was close to drop in T2.
If we lead with 350K atm it’s because SFR/Deso ??have abandoned the match-up suddenly, and this at the same time as the school holidays in France which spread out on 4 weeks.

Anyway, the biggest mistake of ArenaNet was the free transfers for 6 months …
There are very few servers that were able to created a stable community during this period because of this.

in WvW

Besetment.9187

Yes, I think it set a terrible precedent. 6 months of free transfers says server community doesn’t matter and that is now evident in the way that WvW matches are played. You will not see another “Kaineng” (a server that rose from the bottom of tier 8 to the top of tier 2 on the strength of guilds bandwagoning onto the karma train).

At this point recruitment threads are pointless unless you state how much gold you are willing to spend to pay for transfers. It is pay 2 win now. I thought paid transfers would stabilize server communities but it hasn’t because the reality is that WvW is an attrition game. You effectively win by destroying your opponent’s will to keep on playing. Sometimes its accelerated by a server community killing itself with internal drama and trashing on players on your own team.

It needs to move away from attrition and the easiest way to start doing that is to get rid of the scoreboard so people don’t feel like the goal is to hold PPT in multiple timezones, lose perspective of whats important in playing games and flame out.

in WvW

Posted by: Qwixx.5923

Qwixx.5923

The system they are using is to complicated and should be made much simpler. Winner goes up, loser goes down. Which creates a much more dynamic flow through tiers, which isnt a bad thing. As it also means the tiers reflect changes within servers (ppl leave, new wvw guilds join, etc) much more accurately.

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

About Sfr or Deso not aiming to be n°1: it’s just that situation has changed.

Pre – March patch:
Sfr climbs up again to T1, with a strong VS and a competitive Deso. Sfr wins 5 times in a row, sometimes with cosiderable advantage, sometimes Deso is 2nd other 3rd, sometimes VS is very close 2nd due to a full server CTA. The T1 is blobby and laggy at times, but it’s FUN and it’s BALANCED.

March patch:
Brings back ppl to WvW. VS coverage start to grow up again, but nothing gamebreaking happens. Deso got lil stronger. SFR gets free transfer… which simply KILLS it. Because ques times skyrockets, bad ppl join from lower tiers and the whole guild raid based primetime dominance disappear. Guilds starts to leave due to this. Deso start bleeding of players too short after. VS coverage instead keeps growing.
Soon SFR and Deso understand that, for multiple reasons, there is no point anymore to challenge VS – it’s just not doable due to WvW design and unbalance.

Last month:
VS has 60 ppl zerging on each map at any given hour of the day.
Deso hardly gets rid of outmanned buff on more that 2 maps.
SFR is flooded of unwilling to collaborate ppl and spend most of his time to retrain/rebuild the community.
YET, rating system locks SFR and Deso, not able to hold their ground anymore outside the few primetime hours due to straight lack of numbers, in T1. This worsen the situation more and more for the 2 servers, where ppl keeps moving away/quitting game due to this.

Now:
Last patch BUFFED VS playstyle – cap by night and bunker in T3 stuff with tons of ACs all the day.
IRON, the largest guild of deso, his backbone, drops the wvw.
SFR this match will, hopefully, be able to drop and switch place with Elona.

So, when you talk about EU T1 please, keep in mind this. It’s not that nobody has the aims to be n°1. Just that atm, due to VS superior coverage and now buffed extra dull playstle, nobody wants to play with them – and there’s no point to because the numbers are way too unbalanced in off-time.
Also, the only server who was competing and winning, SFR, got killed by Anet with transfers while it was on top of ladder… So don’t blame the server community for that.

(no blame to VS, even if i just can’t understand how you guys are happy of this situation – were it’s not your fault ofc, but surely you have a part in this developement. again, peace!)

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

PetricaKerempuh.7958

You must be new here, so please stay quiet if you can’t contribute to the topic.
SFR is not interested in being the #1.

thats quite a contribution you got going there, oldtimer.

yes, im new. if ur commander on my server i hope you transfer as the rest of “contributing” players.

in WvW

Posted by: ilmau.9781

ilmau.9781

Pre – March patch:
Sfr climbs up again to T1, with a strong VS and a competitive Deso. Sfr wins 5 times in a row, sometimes with cosiderable advantage, sometimes Deso is 2nd other 3rd, sometimes VS is very close 2nd due to a full server CTA. The T1 is blobby and laggy at times, but it’s FUN and it’s BALANCED.

March patch:
Brings back ppl to WvW. VS coverage start to grow up again, but nothing gamebreaking happens. Deso got lil stronger. SFR gets free transfer… which simply KILLS it. Because ques times skyrockets, bad ppl join from lower tiers and the whole guild raid based primetime dominance disappear. Guilds starts to leave due to this. Deso start bleeding of players too short after. VS coverage instead keeps growing.
Soon SFR and Deso understand that, for multiple reasons, there is no point anymore to challenge VS – it’s just not doable due to WvW design and unbalance.

Last month:
SFR is flooded of unwilling to collaborate ppl and spend most of his time to retrain/rebuild the community.
YET, rating system locks SFR and Deso, not able to hold their ground anymore outside the few primetime hours due to straight lack of numbers, in T1. This worsen the situation more and more for the 2 servers, where ppl keeps moving away/quitting game due to this.

Now:
Last patch BUFFED VS playstyle – cap by night and bunker in T3 stuff with tons of ACs all the day.

So, when you talk about EU T1 please, keep in mind this. It’s not that nobody has the aims to be n°1. Just that atm, due to VS superior coverage and now buffed extra dull playstle, nobody wants to play with them – and there’s no point to because the numbers are way too unbalanced in off-time.
Also, the only server who was competing and winning, SFR, got killed by Anet with transfers while it was on top of ladder… So don’t blame the server community for that.

(no blame to VS, even if i just can’t understand how you guys are happy of this situation – were it’s not your fault ofc, but surely you have a part in this developement. again, peace!)

i quote every single word, and this is the reason why i m so bored about the game right now.

Anet keep headshotting SFR, and i really don t get if they doing this on purpose or they just don t think beafore act. Anycase this is sad, and boring too.

[Hell] Kresh Bloodghast
Seafarer’s Rest Alliance Leader – www.pevepe.net/gw2

in WvW

Posted by: AFK.1854

AFK.1854

Ignoring this kind of stuff makes ANet seem clueless and helpless.

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

i think that it should be like this:
tier1-tierX:
fist place: advances 1 tier next reset
2nd place:remains at current tier
3rd place: drops 1 tier

obviously no.1 server can’t advance beyond no.1
and last server can’t drop
screw the rating system…

I just made the same post elsewhere… we are in t7 atm and stuck unable to go up a tier because of the current point system. We are 10k ahead and ticking +325 and are losing points… earlier this morning we lost 6k in points despite ticking over +400.

If we had a simple promotion/demotion system throughout then we would get to fight more servers and people would not be scared of being stuck in tier1… servers would actually relish the chance to play tier 1 for a week in the knowledge that if the skill lag got too much or the boring Viz tactics got too much, they could drop a tier quite easily.

It is not a perfect system and it will take time before tier 2 stops being a fight on who can not finish first… but give it a couple of months and people will not mind spending a week or two in tier 1 in the knowledge that they can mix it up easy enough if they fancy a change.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

I respect what you have achieved with Vizunah Troma, and I personally do not blame Vizunah for this mess. It’s gone on for far too long with us not dropping tiers, tier 1 is not as bad as it looks on paper with the current blowout scores. It’s just that two servers are in tier 1 that shouldn’t be there. We don’t have the manpower to pull pressure off each other except for primetime. A 2v1 wouldn’t be fair for anyone and with our lack of night and morning coverage Vizunah would still win the points game.

Noone is forcing people to run on one commander, noone is forcing people to log in when there’s no enemy opposition, noone is forcing people to use siege and nothing but siege. It’s all player decision, it’s human, the easiest way. So I can’t say Viz isn’t guilty of what is happening in tier 1, nor are SFR, Deso and ANet.

If the Devs can’t fix your game and “your” gamestyle is the cause of your own boredom, think about it.

[RG]

in WvW

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Pre – March patch:

March patch:

Last month:

Now:

i quote every single word, and this is the reason why i m so bored about the game right now.

Anet keep headshotting SFR, and i really don t get if they doing this on purpose or they just don t think beafore act. Anycase this is sad, and boring too.

Thruth has been said. Those people need more likes.

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

I’ve been a member of SFR since the game launched and always worked for its community. I’m an experienced WvWer who – in the past – was willing to invest money in it. I already abandoned the game some months ago, this update did not help at all, focus on the real problems and not on some useless arrowcart discussion (nor allowing free transfers to the top 1 server)

gg Anet

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

(edited by Chiolas.1326)

in WvW

Rigel.5789

Noone is forcing people to run on one commander, noone is forcing people to log in when there’s no enemy opposition, noone is forcing people to use siege and nothing but siege. It’s all player decision, it’s human, the easiest way. So I can’t say Viz isn’t guilty of what is happening in tier 1, nor are SFR, Deso and ANet.

If the Devs can’t fix your game and “your” gamestyle is the cause of your own boredom, think about it.

I fail to see your point. This topic isn’t about discussing blobs, night capping or siege usage. ArenaNet made the rules of the game, you simply cannot blame the players for playing the game. It’s up to us as players to get our point of view across to ArenaNet, but as of now we can’t give ourself a handicap just to play the “honorable” way or however you see it. Come up with something constructive to help the game out instead of blaming it’s players, but do so in another topic.

Our issue is how the rating system treats us as a tier 1 server even when we clearly aren’t of tier 1 calibre. It is out of our control, it is not Vizunah’s fault, but Anet can do something about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Zgroza Czarnych.6190

Zgroza Czarnych.6190

just kick all IP not from EU and problem is gone

in WvW

Posted by: Zgroza Czarnych.6190

Zgroza Czarnych.6190

I agree, Tier 1 it’s kitten right now. It’s not tier 1 it’s a a slaughterfest for vizunah to enjoy 24/7.

People gave up on it, it’s way too tiring to fight a server such as vizunah, yet we’re stuck in tier 1 for god forbid how much longer. It kills the will to play wvwvw, it doesn’t let people get exploration, it makes the game not fun to play at all. We need something to fix this, ASAP. SFR lost already too much…

Vizunah is just not EU server there is too meny ppl from not EU why we cant play

in WvW

Posted by: Troma.3250

Troma.3250

Hmm nah sorry Zgroza but there is 99% french-speaking people of eu on VS. You are making an huge old mistake

co-founder of Grand Cross Alliance
General of Grand Cross Knights [GCK]
www.grandcross.fr/codex-gck

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

Once again, this i don’t understand. How can one server be so ahead of the other in term of coverage. I don’t deny it’s happening, but I simply don’t get it, Deso&SFR have (had?, thanks to Iron & co) way more timezones, but still, there is a majority of VS during the offtime.

Last night, reset night, there were around a dozen Iron actually playing in WvW. A lot of other guilds have already left, one of them that was very active at night.

WvW from Deso is now mostly random zergs and smaller (semi)-organized guilds. Havent seen a all-guild zerg in quite some time.

That is the thing that has had me confused for a while(actually still confused by it). How can we be gaining rating while losing?!

Right now http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#EU shows that VS is way ahead of either Desolation and SFR. It has more than both combined yet VS is the one losing rating? Am I looking at that chart incorrectly?

The system is broken. They designed some math burdened system to create a utopia of server balance and got their numbers wrong.
This is why is virtually impossible to drop to tier2 for either Deso or SFR, simply because the winner in tier2 seems to lose more points then the loser in tier1.

The system they are using is to complicated and should be made much simpler. Winner goes up, loser goes down. Which creates a much more dynamic flow through tiers, which isnt a bad thing. As it also means the tiers reflect changes within servers (ppl leave, new wvw guilds join, etc) much more accurately.

i can propose a much simpler system . a system that we see in soccer , in basketball in every game out there ….

League

They can divide the year in 4 ( 4 year seasons ) and the servers must fight each other in equal number of times until the play offs weeks where the three better servers will fight each other for the 1st , 2nd and 3d place of the season and other servers for the rest places .

in every week 1st take 3 points , second 2 points and third 1 point . before play off i am sure many servers will fight to be inside the three first places :p

of course total score as it is now must not touch it because it has value for gw2 history :p

p.s. i think nobody will be bored again in this league

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in WvW

Rigel.5789

A league could’ve possibly worked out if paid server transfers were in from the start. The populations are so unbalanced at the moment that I don’t really see it working out.

in WvW

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

Seafarer and Desolation doesn´t have the wvw players that was playing when they entered tier1, vizunah still has alot of players. Vizunah has kept it´s playerbase and that´s awesome on their part, to have loyal people that doesn´t leave for various reasons, that can sustain a good coverage and manpower throughout the crisis they might or might not have had.

Desolation and Seafarers is NOT tier1 material anymore, it hasn´t been for a couple of weeks now (if not more) and I doubt that Vizunah are enjoying themselves without a proper fight.

There are still some players and guilds left in these two servers who wants to stay but who can say how much longer? There can still be fights on the borderlands on primetime, desolation and seafarers can still be top ppt but just look at the last 2 weeks end results, vizunah has atleast double the total amount of points. It´s stupid!

And that can play from Canada at night, we all now how good was Vizunah at primetime when top guilds were on Deso and SFR…

in WvW

Posted by: Hebril Amolebin.9817

Hebril Amolebin.9817

Pre – March patch:

March patch:

Last month:

Now:

so much truth in this post