Tier 1 EU needs assistance ArenaNet.

in WvW

Posted by: Hebril Amolebin.9817

Hebril Amolebin.9817

Hmm nah sorry Zgroza but there is 99% french-speaking people of eu on VS. You are making an huge old mistake

Honestly Troma having 50-70 on the maps in 4am or 7 am eu time.. and you are 99% eu french people.. At least be honest

in WvW

Posted by: Zgroza Czarnych.6190

Zgroza Czarnych.6190

Hmm nah sorry Zgroza but there is 99% french-speaking people of eu on VS. You are making an huge old mistake

Canadians, Africa, Australia are you know where is french language ?

in WvW

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

About Sfr or Deso not aiming to be n°1: it’s just that situation has changed.

Pre – March patch:
Sfr climbs up again to T1, with a strong VS and a competitive Deso. Sfr wins 5 times in a row, sometimes with cosiderable advantage, sometimes Deso is 2nd other 3rd, sometimes VS is very close 2nd due to a full server CTA. The T1 is blobby and laggy at times, but it’s FUN and it’s BALANCED.

March patch:
Brings back ppl to WvW. VS coverage start to grow up again, but nothing gamebreaking happens. Deso got lil stronger. SFR gets free transfer… which simply KILLS it. Because ques times skyrockets, bad ppl join from lower tiers and the whole guild raid based primetime dominance disappear. Guilds starts to leave due to this. Deso start bleeding of players too short after. VS coverage instead keeps growing.
Soon SFR and Deso understand that, for multiple reasons, there is no point anymore to challenge VS – it’s just not doable due to WvW design and unbalance.

Last month:
VS has 60 ppl zerging on each map at any given hour of the day.
Deso hardly gets rid of outmanned buff on more that 2 maps.
SFR is flooded of unwilling to collaborate ppl and spend most of his time to retrain/rebuild the community.
YET, rating system locks SFR and Deso, not able to hold their ground anymore outside the few primetime hours due to straight lack of numbers, in T1. This worsen the situation more and more for the 2 servers, where ppl keeps moving away/quitting game due to this.

Now:
Last patch BUFFED VS playstyle – cap by night and bunker in T3 stuff with tons of ACs all the day.
IRON, the largest guild of deso, his backbone, drops the wvw.
SFR this match will, hopefully, be able to drop and switch place with Elona.

So, when you talk about EU T1 please, keep in mind this. It’s not that nobody has the aims to be n°1. Just that atm, due to VS superior coverage and now buffed extra dull playstle, nobody wants to play with them – and there’s no point to because the numbers are way too unbalanced in off-time.
Also, the only server who was competing and winning, SFR, got killed by Anet with transfers while it was on top of ladder… So don’t blame the server community for that.

(no blame to VS, even if i just can’t understand how you guys are happy of this situation – were it’s not your fault ofc, but surely you have a part in this developement. again, peace!)

so much truth in this post

And yet nobody mentions that wvw is getting boring anyway, ranks are ok but we all now what kind of people farm them (cause they are only for that basicly). Many top guilds (and we all know witch ones from deso, blacktide, far shiverpeaks AND vizunah) left this game long time ago. Culling fix is only great thing implented, but it’s just start (still not much optimized + skill lock)

in WvW

Posted by: Rigel.5789

Rigel.5789

Guys let’s get back on track here. If there is some sort of french holiday or whatever is going on it is completely realistic that they have the amount they have online at night. Especially if their server population in general is higher, something I wouldn’t doubt. Let them face servers with the second and third best coverage.

Narai [VoTF] | Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Angelyne.2936

Angelyne.2936

Deso and SFR are EU server, you are supposed to have a coverage and timezone advantage and we are supposed to have the common language/cultural advantage.

We used to play in guild group, 20/25 was the common size, then SFR came with there massive starcruiser and the guild started to recruit to compet with such number. from 20/25 we reached 35/40 by merging smallers guilds but that wasn’t enough yet. So we packed each others, 1/2 guilds sometimes more.

Everybody are ok to say that it’s boring, but noone, willing to do something or even know how to do. Don’t blame us for something you created, you brought the monster in T1 and it gone out of control.

When a i see other tiers complaining about zerg from guilds that came from T1 (so SFR guilds mainly) , you can’t say that it’s VS who zerg and the others are innocents poor little roaming bands that try to do fair fight among wild grass and butterflies.

I tried to play small roaming band in afternoon everyday since a week, and i never encoutered a group ether from SFR and Deso of similar size. some soloers, many steamrollers, no roaming group at all (i don’t call a 20+ warband taging camps a “romaing group”).

So why no more romaing group but a a massive, nearlly “whole map” bandwagon ?

1) SFR fashion, as i said earlier
2) Arena Net design, what’s the point to send romaing group when a chronometer is enough, noway to take a camp with invulnerability, noway to take a tower in small groupe since a solo arrowcarter is enough to kill anyone that come with a ram or a catapult.
3) WXP lust. be 100 or 5, no matter, the reward is the same, so why taking risk ? it’s half AN fault, half laziness from players fault

So what ? what the point ? who the 1st admit that everydoby do the same now, and will be the first to tryong to do another way ? unless that everybody is just happy with it, unless a very small minority of ppl who willing something else.

how to solve it ?

Dunno, maybe guild commanders that only guild’s members can see, but to be honest, PU that follow guildband are welcome on VS, they are often potential new recruits, so i’m fine with it. Maybe if SFR paid more attention to their PU, instead of seeing them as an annoyance, they would have play night long as ours do, because to be honest, it’s PU who plays at night, not guildbands.

Angelyne – Guild Leader for Metatrone – Vizunah Square [Fr] on EU Ladder

(edited by Angelyne.2936)

in WvW

Zgroza Czarnych.6190

@ Angelyne.2936 not zerg is problem only night VS play big zerg on all maps 24/h and this is EU ?

in WvW

Sovta.4719

@ Angelyne.2936 not zerg is problem only night VS play big zerg on all maps 24/h and this is EU ?

Vizunah started zerging from day one and who is talking about fair fight, just remember what they did with Arborstone server? SFR had some great guilds, Deso also, some great open world GvG fights were there, what had Vizunah? I remembe 30 people from GoD and Bull wiped Vizunah zerg of 60+, half of them from same guild. If only prime time was counting vizunah would be at t3-t4.

in WvW

Zgroza Czarnych.6190

Vizunah started zerging from day one and who is talking about fair fight, just remember what they did with Arborstone server? SFR had some great guilds, Deso also, some great open world GvG fights were there, what had Vizunah? I remembe 30 people from GoD and Bull wiped Vizunah zerg of 60+, half of them from same guild. If only prime time was counting vizunah would be at t3-t4.

realy I dont see any players from GW1 in GW2 GW2 is not so good like GW1 and ppl just dont play in GW2

But problem is ppl not from EU play in EU server

in WvW

Sovta.4719

realy I dont see any players from GW1 in GW2 GW2 is not so good like GW1 and ppl just dont play in GW2

But problem is ppl not from EU play in EU server

For me problem is so many things makes you zerg (and i don’t say zerging is brainless or you don’t need tactics, i mean that when 3 zergs meet at gari WHOLE map get skill lock, lags and so)
They need to remove that 5 min baff at camps, i know that it’s probablythere only to prevent botting, but seriously it’s bad thing. Remove it and buff guards so you need 5 average players to take it and gj.
Egit: And for……..remove JP’s

in WvW

Posted by: Troma.3250

Troma.3250

ok the infinite loo kitten tarting again, almost 9 months after. We have no canadians or australian you can ban IP what you want with no effect. Dont ask me to be honest im always honest. Its french holidays atm so insane amount of nerds. Can we go back to the subject friends ?

co-founder of Grand Cross Alliance
General of Grand Cross Knights [GCK]
www.grandcross.fr/codex-gck

in WvW

Posted by: Truebanana.5936

Truebanana.5936

Exept for FM, they are no guild who did run by itself with a “20-25 players group” (even now, with almost no resistance from SFR and Desolation, they are still running with 40-80 zerg against people with outmanned buff) and a few pugs following in the past on Vizunah, it’s not because of SFR or any other server. The only difference is that with the end of culling, we can see the whole blob.

The night population of Vizunah is mostly french. They are more than any server during the night because it’s the most stacked server, as every french bandwagoners ended being there month after month.
If a little part of your server population play at night and the same average % of people play at night on any server, with a lot larger player base, Vizunah have a lot more people.
Since most of them are used to run together and avoid fighting alone or groups of equal force, it end up being a permanent zerg anywhere they are playing or a hide and seek game near the safe zones if they are not at least 2,5x more than their opponent

Anyway, seem like SFR will finally drop to T2 at the end of this week and Jade Sea will go to T1 after Bief, as they will make a lot of points from SFR and if Desolation players are smart enough, they will try to drop against Vizunah and Bief. So T1 situation will be solved.

Truebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist on Augury Rock
Dolcebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist twink lvl 60 on Augury Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xj7suly_U

(edited by Truebanana.5936)

in WvW

Posted by: Qwixx.5923

Qwixx.5923

Exept for FM, they are no guild who did run by itself with a “20-25 players group” and a few pugs following in the past on Vizunah, it’s not because of SFR or any other server. The only difference is that with the end of culling, we can see the whole blob.

You migrated recently on SFR, you don’t know what you’re talking about…

in WvW

Truebanana.5936

I was on Arborstone and i’m on SFR since mid January.

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

They did manually change Sorrow’s Furnace rating a while back though. They have shown the will to act in similar situations before. A new temporary system wouldn’t be that much of a hassle to implement. I just hope they listen to us. My fear is that I will not be able to enjoy WvW for a very long time, that’s also why I went on here to get our concerns across in a polite manner.

Not to discourage you but keep in mind that quite a few N/A T1 servers (HoD, SBI, SoS, IoJ) have suffered the same faith and Anet did not intervene…

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in WvW

Rigel.5789

Yes for the moment it looks like SFR may drop at the end of the week. But that requires Elona to keep up the same pressure, if they don’t want to go up it’s not like they can’t arrange it not happening. Either way something has to be done to prevent scenarios like this. It’s been a month too long for us already, I will continue to support this whether I am affected by it or not. I do not think anyone else deserves to be put in the situation we have been in, and many others before us. The main problem is not solved.

in WvW

Posted by: tita.6358

tita.6358

If only prime time was counting vizunah would be at t3-t4.

Servers full of eastern players from russia and others or english players eating at 17:00 CET . gmt -1 and +2 +3 servers .
you’re so good between 18:00 and 21:00 CET. we don’t care: we eat, taking care of our family and watching news on tv! you’re playing against 1/3 of our full maps population rotating their afk auto heal dinner breaks not to be kicked out of WvW. sure they hide in our keeps waiting for guilds raids to start at 21:00 and then you go to sleep… and we start our “primetime”

your “primetime” superiority means nothing except in your dreams. actually between 18:00 and 21:00 CET you are fighting 30 pugs with no commander most of the time

bored to read the same things from eastern or UK players for over 6 months. you are living on a big round planet:

-time is not the same everywhere ! ALLO !
-your very own location on earth is not the center of the universe.
-not every country eat at the same hour for various cultural reasons.

“Primetime” means nothing in T1

Tita the Sunless, Vizunah Night Rats
75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

in WvW

Rigel.5789

They did manually change Sorrow’s Furnace rating a while back though. They have shown the will to act in similar situations before. A new temporary system wouldn’t be that much of a hassle to implement. I just hope they listen to us. My fear is that I will not be able to enjoy WvW for a very long time, that’s also why I went on here to get our concerns across in a polite manner.

Not to discourage you but keep in mind that quite a few N/A T1 servers (HoD, SBI, SoS, IoJ) have suffered the same faith and Anet did not intervene…

We’ve had Blacktide and Arborstone collapse on the EU side too, some would even argue Far Shiverpeaks did. This isn’t the same though, they were never stuck in tier 1 for weeks after they should have dropped. I don’t think any of those consistantly got blown out in the same way we are getting either. We have the issue where it happens to two servers at the same time.

in WvW

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

ok the infinite loo kitten tarting again, almost 9 months after. We have no canadians or australian you can ban IP what you want with no effect. Dont ask me to be honest im always honest. Its french holidays atm so insane amount of nerds. Can we go back to the subject friends ?

I agree. Tough if we have to be completely honest, vizunah right now it’s an unfair matchup for any server out there most likely :V

Bah, it’s a secondary problem: right now what we need it’s a fresh rotation of servers. The ones we have now smell of old. THey’re annyoing and too much stable, we need to face different people.

I doubt that even you guys on vizunah are having that big of a fun by fighting two dead servers anyways.

Vizunah overpopulation it’s another problem but eh, that’s not the main topic.

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

Always thought there isn’t enough WvW population for 24 or 27 servers and it would be a good idea to just reset and have 6-9 servers for N/A and same for EU dedicated for WvW only and rest for PvE/PvP. That would make the WvW servers pretty much equally or closely stacked.
Keep the paid transfers between WvW servers and free transfers to and from PvE servers.
That should also free the servers resources having to deal with only that specific part of the game.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in WvW

Rigel.5789

I’ve heard servers as far down as tier 5 EU (and maybe even further down) have had queues in primetime so I don’t know if 9 servers would be enough. Looking in retrospect, EU would maybe not have needed 27. But then again, most players stacked on a few servers and left two to struggle at the bottom. It’s probably a decent amount, but it’s not anywhere close to balanced population wise. To make the best out of the situation, they need to figure out a better way to determine which servers cost alot to transfer to and which does not, with WvW population in mind that is. A way to prevent more shifts in WvW playerbases in the future too is to prevent mass migration from servers because of problems with the rating system and being unable to face new opponents every now and then.

in WvW

Air.3154

Servers full of eastern players from russia and others or english players eating at 17:00 CET . gmt -1 and +2 +3 servers .
you’re so good between 18:00 and 21:00 CET. we don’t care: we eat, taking care of our family and watching news on tv! you’re playing against 1/3 of our full maps population rotating their afk auto heal dinner breaks not to be kicked out of WvW. sure they hide in our keeps waiting for guilds raids to start at 21:00 and then you go to sleep… and we start our “primetime”

your “primetime” superiority means nothing except in your dreams. actually between 18:00 and 21:00 CET you are fighting 30 pugs with no commander most of the time

bored to read the same things from eastern or UK players for over 6 months. you are living on a big round planet:

we’re not discussing about vizuna being good or not.
We’re discussing about t1 being indecenty unfair toward 2 out of three servers.
And that the situation must change.

Avoid listening the flamers and let’s keep the focus over the main point.

After all wouldn’t be more fun to fight actual people instead of empity maps ?

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

EU servers in general are imballanced check out tiers 1,7,8 and sometimes 3 and 5

A bandwagon of guilds who couldn’t hack tier 1 have landed on Ruins of Surmia and are riding up the tiers. This is why tier 8 has a pretty strong server from tier 7 in it, and soon tier 7 will have a strong tier 6 server in it and so on and so forth.

This problem has it’s roots in the economy, and the fact that money seems more plentiful at the moment (making the transfer fee seem negligible).

This topic has been posted before several times, here is one I made earlier in which I state:

TL;DR

• people are richer,
  • transfers are effectively cheaper,
  • bandwagoners are riding low-ranking servers up the ladder then repeating the feat,
  • financial disincentive doesn’t work as intended,
  • there should be a limit to transfers per year.
Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

SFR players don’t seem to be very smart when it comes to server wide strategy. If you look at
http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/#EU
it looks as if SFR would have good chances to drop to tier 2, but how SFR plays the game I don’t see it happening.

Right now they are they are spawn camping outmanned Desolation at VS borderlands. We have just couple of people and they have twice as much just outside the gates. In fact in recent weeks I haven’t seen SFR attack VS at all when Desolation is outmanned on SFR or VS BLs. Both SFR and VS are constantly attacking the outmanned party. This way SFR gains points and Desolation loses points.

Thus SFR stays in tier #1. Good for them.

SFR don’t blame VS or Aneranet, blame yourselves. ;-)

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Air.3154

SFR players don’t seem to be very smart when it comes to server wide strategy. If you look at
it looks as if SFR would have good chances to drop to tier 2, but how SFR plays the game I don’t see it happening.

Right now they are they are spawn camping outmanned Desolation at VS borderlands. We have just couple of people and they have twice as much just outside the gates. In fact in recent weeks I haven’t seen SFR attack VS at all when Desolation is outmanned on SFR or VS BLs. Both SFR and VS are constantly attacking the outmanned party. This way SFR gains points and Desolation loses points.

There’s not much the group of players of SFR that wan’ts to drop can do atm.

in WvW

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

Matches just do not change often enough. It seems weird to me that when you have 1vs1vs1 match and loser does not drop tier, like ever. Even if matches were somewhat equal it gets boring to fight same guys every day.

Current situtation however needs much faster change than everyone on SFR quitting game for 6 months. We’ve paid to enjoy the game not torture ourselves every day fighting numbers at least 3 times bigger and better timezone coverage overall.

Not even going into talks about that maybe “hardcore” wvw is not the thing people should look for. Since there’s no such thing on maps with totally random dudes gaining random points and useless world bonuses.

Both pvp and wvw are in need of some juicy love. Have been from very beginning.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in WvW

Posted by: Cottage Pie.6215

Cottage Pie.6215

Yep, viz admitting they wait till everyone is asleep before attacking.

“taking care of our family” whilst staying up all night every night.

Kickboxing supermodel girlfriends amirite.

Taua Roqa – Desolation since day minus 3

~~~My Elite PvP Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xOsNW7zTA

(edited by Cottage Pie.6215)

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

About Sfr or Deso not aiming to be n°1: it’s just that situation has changed.

Pre – March patch:
Sfr climbs up again to T1, with a strong VS and a competitive Deso. Sfr wins 5 times in a row, sometimes with cosiderable advantage, sometimes Deso is 2nd other 3rd, sometimes VS is very close 2nd due to a full server CTA. The T1 is blobby and laggy at times, but it’s FUN and it’s BALANCED.

March patch:
Brings back ppl to WvW. VS coverage start to grow up again, but nothing gamebreaking happens. Deso got lil stronger. SFR gets free transfer… which simply KILLS it. Because ques times skyrockets, bad ppl join from lower tiers and the whole guild raid based primetime dominance disappear. Guilds starts to leave due to this. Deso start bleeding of players too short after. VS coverage instead keeps growing.
Soon SFR and Deso understand that, for multiple reasons, there is no point anymore to challenge VS – it’s just not doable due to WvW design and unbalance.

Last month:
VS has 60 ppl zerging on each map at any given hour of the day.
Deso hardly gets rid of outmanned buff on more that 2 maps.
SFR is flooded of unwilling to collaborate ppl and spend most of his time to retrain/rebuild the community.
YET, rating system locks SFR and Deso, not able to hold their ground anymore outside the few primetime hours due to straight lack of numbers, in T1. This worsen the situation more and more for the 2 servers, where ppl keeps moving away/quitting game due to this.

Now:
Last patch BUFFED VS playstyle – cap by night and bunker in T3 stuff with tons of ACs all the day.
IRON, the largest guild of deso, his backbone, drops the wvw.
SFR this match will, hopefully, be able to drop and switch place with Elona.

So, when you talk about EU T1 please, keep in mind this. It’s not that nobody has the aims to be n°1. Just that atm, due to VS superior coverage and now buffed extra dull playstle, nobody wants to play with them – and there’s no point to because the numbers are way too unbalanced in off-time.
Also, the only server who was competing and winning, SFR, got killed by Anet with transfers while it was on top of ladder… So don’t blame the server community for that.

(no blame to VS, even if i just can’t understand how you guys are happy of this situation – were it’s not your fault ofc, but surely you have a part in this developement. again, peace!)

so much truth in this post

I second that… a very true post. I would add the incredible skill lag caused by VS to that list and the large number of ‘pugs’ (non-guild/small guild players) who stand around afk at SFR spawn points preventing genuine players entering the game.

We left before the change in reset time… but did the change make any difference about people who just enter WvW for the sake of gaining their dailies?

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

I no longer play on SFR but the guilds do not control the game and the large number of ‘unwilling to be part of the server community pugs’ destroyed the server.

However, the current score system does not work. We moved to a lower tier server and we have dominated the current match up for 2 weeks now… We are once again miles in the lead, and yet we are losing points despite ticking an average of about +380. Yesterday we lost 6,000 points while ticking at +400.

We want to go up a tier, the other servers around us, want us to go up a tier but we are stuck. You look at the other tiers and many other guilds are in the exact same position. The lowest tier you see the same server dominating with almost 100% of the map every day all day, and yet they never go up a tier.

Change the system so that top team gets promoted, bottom team gets demoted every week. We all get to play different servers each week and the fun is injected back into the game.

I think that Anet can be held to that one, regardless of what the SFR pugs do.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Qwixx.5923

What he is talking about goes back much further than mid-January.

in WvW

Truebanana.5936

What he is talking about goes back much further than mid-January.

That’s why i said “i was on Arborstone” on your quote. Even in October they were fighting like they are doing now, but with culling and as i said, it’s not because of SFR, it’s only an excuse.

in WvW

Rigel.5789

I no longer play on SFR but the guilds do not control the game and the large number of ‘unwilling to be part of the server community pugs’ destroyed the server.

However, the current score system does not work. We moved to a lower tier server and we have dominated the current match up for 2 weeks now… We are once again miles in the lead, and yet we are losing points despite ticking an average of about +380. Yesterday we lost 6,000 points while ticking at +400.

We want to go up a tier, the other servers around us, want us to go up a tier but we are stuck. You look at the other tiers and many other guilds are in the exact same position. The lowest tier you see the same server dominating with almost 100% of the map every day all day, and yet they never go up a tier.

Change the system so that top team gets promoted, bottom team gets demoted every week. We all get to play different servers each week and the fun is injected back into the game.

I think that Anet can be held to that one, regardless of what the SFR pugs do.

I agree. SFR at the current level shouldn’t be in tier 1. Regardless of the new players just jumping in and playing and gaining a few towers here and there, or if everyone gives their best shot. Just because some players manage to get their score up by enough to make them stay in tier 1 with the current rating system, doesn’t mean they belong there. Same goes for Desolation. Vizunah’s score is so dominant it makes it blatantly obvious that neither SFR or Deso should be fighting them 4 or 5 weeks in a row in the same tier. Give another server a shot, for all we know it could be the same for them. I don’t think it will be though, but we will never find out with the current rating system unless there is a dominance of one server in tier 2. It could potentially happen this week, if Elona fights all the way to the finish line. That shouldn’t be necessary though. Winner goes up, loser goes down is the simple and fair solution.

(edited by Rigel.5789)

in WvW

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

The only way to address this issue is to discourage PvDooring at night and bunkering during the day. Otherwise history will just repeat itself once Elona and whatever other server replace SFR and Deso.

Unfortunately ANet went in the exact opposite direction with the changes to arrow carts.

in WvW

Qwixx.5923

That’s why i said “i was on Arborstone” on your quote. Even in October they were fighting like they are doing now, but with culling and as i said, it’s not because of SFR, it’s only an excuse.

This is not comparable. The blobbing has been played a totally different and sporadic manner for a strong impact during a major attack, then the 3, 4 med groups splitted again each on their side. The famous VS tactics of double or triple attacks are not a legend, you remember ?

Unfortunately this has changed when the massive starcruisers arrived in T1 with their huge NA guild (400+ guildies, 60+ on the screen, pre culling fix…) playing the monoblob for roaming. It’s at this time that the monoblob has become the main element of T1 tactics. After the drop of SFR v.1 VS was beginning to replay with multi groups. You know the story rest of SFR v.2.

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I think there’s a really simple fix to the tiers, at reset have completely random matchups…that simple…

You will have one sided match ups but you have that now and you will know any onesided matchups will only last a week…rather than being stuck in your matchup forever…

There is also a greater chance of Viz being matched up with a server that can give them a decent fight…

Really, completely random weekly matchups will rejuvenate WvW across all tiers and for all WvW players…also no need to change the leaderboard…just continue scoring as normal…such a easy change…

in WvW

Rigel.5789

The only way to address this issue is to discourage PvDooring at night and bunkering during the day. Otherwise history will just repeat itself once Elona and whatever other server replace SFR and Deso.

Unfortunately ANet went in the exact opposite direction with the changes to arrow carts.

If they change the rating system Elona won’t need to worry about ever being stuck in tier 1. Nobody should need to worry about that, but it is a big problem at the moment with the gap between the tiers and the outrageous shutouts needed. Every time someone goes up the gap increases. It can’t keep on going forever.

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

There is also a greater chance of Viz being matched up with a server that can give them a decent fight…

Point is, there isn’t any.

Due to superior coverage and numbers, and a wvw heavily unbalanced in favouring PvDooring at night and bunkering during prime time as best point scoring system, VS can’t be matched by any EU server.

And the only oe who was managing to counter VS (with a different tactic tho), SFR, got bombed by Anet.

Sad state for EU ladder, but again, i’m only listing facts.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Rigel.5789

Ofcourse there are servers that can give Vizunah a fight for their money. It has happened several times before and it will happen again, but not with the current matchup.

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Due to superior coverage and numbers, and a wvw heavily unbalanced in favouring PvDooring at night and bunkering during prime time as best point scoring system, VS can’t be matched by any EU server.

And the only oe who was managing to counter VS (with a different tactic tho), SFR, got bombed by Anet.

Actually, no one knows if another server/s could match Viz because Viz has not fought anyone other than sfr & des for a long time…

Two servers with populations more equal to Viz might be able to compete…both sfr & des are currently outnumbered 3 to 1…

Of course 3 high population servers together would create a awfully long queue to actually play WvW, and zergs almighty…

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Actually, no one knows if another server/s could match Viz because Viz has not fought anyone other than sfr & des for a long time…

Two servers with populations more equal to Viz might be able to compete…both sfr & des are currently outnumbered 3 to 1…

Of course 3 high population servers together would create a awfully long queue to actually play WvW, and zergs almighty…

Population is meaningless.

Deso is almost full. Blacktide, almost at the bottom of the ladder, is High. SFR was medium even when hammering T1.

Ofc we’re talking about WvW population, but the problem is always the same: coverage. In current WvW setup (and vs Vizuna especially) numbers in prime time are meaningless.

And imo, if there’s a server who is even remotely close to match VS coverage, we would know already or it would be high in ladder already…

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Rigel.5789

Population is meaningless.

Deso is almost full. Blacktide, almost at the bottom of the ladder, is High. SFR was medium even when hammering T1.

Ofc we’re talking about WvW population, but the problem is always the same: coverage. In current WvW setup (and vs Vizuna especially) numbers in prime time are meaningless.

And imo, if there’s a server who is even remotely close to match VS coverage, we would know already or it would be high in ladder already…

It’s a bit of a shame that certain top tier servers are cheap to transfer to and some low tier servers are expensive to transfer to. I mean with guesting you won’t really transfer for PvE so they should think about WvW population a bit with this.

in WvW

Posted by: Mablung.2368

Mablung.2368

Primetime means a lot. If I take broad definition of prime time (from UK to Russia), for Europe it is roughly 8 hours. It means, 16 hours is the map for unemployed, sick and Canadiens (who play with terrible latency. They have their US servers, no need to have em on European).
Issue would be easy to solve. For example, during prime time could be full points, for the rest would be points lowered according to amount of players on the map. But this point prime time was discussed at the begining and many people have foreseen these issues. Anet didnt listen.

in WvW

Rigel.5789

Looking at the current matchup scores for the week, from the looks of it every single NA tier remains the same next week. On EU it’s a little bit different as of now because of all the people transfering, but just look at the scores required of tier 1 and tier 2 for a single tier 1 server to drop. It simply is ridiculous. And even if it looks like SFRs situation will be solved this week, Desolations may still be around for a bit, chances are it will happen again to someone else aswell. It’s a bit disappointing that we haven’t even had one official reply by now.

I do personally believe the “winner goes up, loser goes down” idea will make some matches a bit more spicy. There will always be something to fight for, and a reason to go into WvW. Every single weeks matchup will matter, and you won’t have to wait for five whole weeks before you get anywhere.

in WvW

Posted by: scanz.4536

scanz.4536

Not to mention you’d face different opponents every week, who would bring new ideas, tactics and styles for you to learn and deal with. The WvW game needs more variety, not facing the same opponents for 6+ months.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Looking at the current matchup scores for the week, from the looks of it every single NA tier remains the same next week. On EU it’s a little bit different as of now because of all the people transfering, but just look at the scores required of tier 1 and tier 2 for a single tier 1 server to drop. It simply is ridiculous. And even if it looks like SFRs situation will be solved this week, Desolations may still be around for a bit, chances are it will happen again to someone else aswell. It’s a bit disappointing that we haven’t even had one official reply by now.

I do personally believe the “winner goes up, loser goes down” idea will make some matches a bit more spicy. There will always be something to fight for, and a reason to go into WvW. Every single weeks matchup will matter, and you won’t have to wait for five whole weeks before you get anywhere.

I am fully supporting winner goes up and loser goes down, like most of the people on these forums.

We can just speculate why Arenanet never replies to these threads. Does it take that much time to type “We are aware of the problem and working on it” ? It took me 10 seconds to type that.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Rigel.5789

A response would atleast remove all uncertainty around the subject, the uncertainty alone is a tiny bit frustrating. And I totally agree with you scanz, it would be a bit refreshing to see some new names and tags around.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

We can just speculate why Arenanet never replies to these threads. Does it take that much time to type “We are aware of the problem and working on it”. It took me 10 seconds to type that.

That’s something they nearly (aware and discussing) did a month ago:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Fixing-the-WvW-ranking-and-pairing-flaws/1773650
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Fixing-the-WvW-ranking-and-pairing-flaws/1773716

But obviously their thinking and discussing so far did not produced anything communicable

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: NANA.2853

NANA.2853

Just leave desolation and seafarers.

There is a guild in land always at war.
It is so fearsome, brutal and agile, that no one say it’s name out loud.
They are afraid of their wrath so just call them DeX. But the real name is Dexterity Overload.

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

How about…NO?

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in WvW

Posted by: Lara Croft.5807

Lara Croft.5807

A question aside adressed to Viz gamers… Are you organizing main TS in French or English? Also Baruch gamers: Spanish or English?

I just thought what it would look like to have more than 1 French server… ok now it is way too late as probably the majority of French players are settled there and got their collegues and relations there established…

Thought about what it would look like to get weakest server redefined to a French server or add just 2 new ones to the ladder for French players….

And the rotation should be not on accumulated points ever achieved – it should rather reflect the weeks efforts imo… so No 1 in lower tier goes up a tier – No 2 remains and No 3 goes down to next lower bracket… that would mix up the brackets faster and make it more interesting … not only for T1 also for other brackets as they start facing same problem of having all time the same opponents for weeks already…

Your thoughts about that?

in WvW

Posted by: TatsuKan.5412

TatsuKan.5412

A question aside adressed to Viz gamers… Are you organizing main TS in French or English? Also Baruch gamers: Spanish or English?

For Vizunah, we speak in French on our TS.
Why communicate in English when we all speak the same language?

I just thought what it would look like to have more than 1 French server… ok now it is way too late as probably the majority of French players are settled there and got their collegues and relations there established…

Thought about what it would look like to get weakest server redefined to a French server or add just 2 new ones to the ladder for French players….

You should take a look at the server’s list.
There is 5 “French Speaking” Servers :
- Arborstone (Pierre Arborea)
- Augury Rock (Roche de l’Augure)
- Fort Ranik
- Jade Sea (Mer de Jade)
- Vizunah Square (Place de Vizunah)

[CPC] [Vizunah Square] – Nantes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nantes)