Tier 1 or 2 server with no queues?

in WvW

Posted by: MMOADD.4572

MMOADD.4572

Looking to get into some drop in drop out WvW action a couple nights a week on my casual play schedule….I work a swing shift so my play hours bounce all over the place. I figure I need a really high pop to make sure there is still action, even at off-hours for the NA. I would also prefer as short queues as possible….when you play a couple hours at a time who wants to spend half of it in a queue, amirite?

So any world suggestions?

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Keep hearing that SoS have the lowest NA population of the T2 servers, but stronger at other times. But someone with better knowledge should probably answer this.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: MMOADD.4572

MMOADD.4572

Always a balancing act of trying to dodge queue times yet have a high enough population to facilitate good off-hours WvW action….not really sure if fighting through the “full” status is worth the wait or if I would be better off going with a tier 2 server.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I would think that with your off hours work schedule, you should probably have pretty good success playing on T2 servers. Of course, Friday night after reset is a no go for either T1 or T2……that night you’ll be looking at massive ques.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

SoS has the most bearable Queues in T2 atm, the rest is a kitten show.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I would agree with Nuzt. I played a few weeks ago on FA, and the ques were very unpredictable. Some nights, not much…..other nights, just ridiculous. While there I heard that SoS que times were a lot more bearable.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

TC, we rarely queue anything more than ebg, except reset night.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

SoS in T2 and TC in T1 are your best bets.

These servers will queue, especially on reset nights, but the queues are usually pretty low and often fluctuate rapidly as large blobs move from map to map.

EB on reset night is not going to happen on any T1 or T2 server though.

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

Aside from reset night YB only has occasional queues. Typically EBG and maybe one BL, especially if a popular pugmander is raiding. Most evenings, my guild (20-25 ppl, usually) has no problem map hopping whenever we want.

However, during the boring T3 weeks, EBG (where action might be) suffers long queues and the other BLs are empty. Ugh.

in WvW

Posted by: boricha.6239

boricha.6239

Always a balancing act of trying to dodge queue times yet have a high enough population to facilitate good off-hours WvW action….not really sure if fighting through the “full” status is worth the wait or if I would be better off going with a tier 2 server.

If “full status” is a problem, then your question should be reformatted to “Should I choose to go to Fort Aspenwood or Yaks Bend for wvw gameplay in all time zones” as those are the only T2 servers that are currently not full just so people can give you a better opinion.