Tier 3 has become an utter joke

in WvW

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Three weeks of this, the first two weeks with Dragonbrand and now the next week with Sea of Sorrows is looking the same.

2 servers with rankings of low 1600s potentially matched against any 4 servers of high 1800s.

Your management of WvW has been poor and completely lacking your attention since it started, and you simply get worse and worse.
But congratulations on writing the guide on how to not do realm vs realm MMOs for the future.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

It isn’t Anet fault that people decided to create a 4th T2 server…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Phedre Scion.1520

Phedre Scion.1520

Ezrael-I am sorry you have to go through this. A lot on SoS are not happy either. But there are lots willing to try to make some fun by setting up duels or GvG. Ask on the other forums and you will get responses.

in WvW

Posted by: Baratta.1083

Baratta.1083

The worst part is how many weeks the matchups remain like this. But as long as I have been playing Anet could care less about WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Not much better in EU T2.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

On NA T3 SoS have 35k lead on 2nd already and is ticking 400+, while on EU T2 Desolation is only 3k ahead of Jade Sea (and Gandara is right behind JS with only 8k behind) and all the 3 are ticking ~200.

I don’t see how you can say EU T2 is like NA T3 with this…

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

On NA T3 SoS have 35k lead on 2nd already and is ticking 400+, while on EU T2 Desolation is only 3k ahead of Jade Sea (and Gandara is right behind JS with only 8k behind) and all the 3 are ticking ~200.

I don’t see how you can say EU T2 is like NA T3 with this…

Perhaps I am missing what tier is, top tier is the first 9 right? Desolation would be in Tier 1 to me.
I’m on Gunnars hold, and Aurora glade and our server get pounded by blob after blob from the germans. As they do. We are 24k behind and cant even walk out of spawn without 5 trebs on your head Yes they are truly that sad bunch of players.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Perhaps I am missing what tier is, top tier is the first 9 right? Desolation would be in Tier 1 to me.
I’m on Gunnars hold, and Aurora glade and our server get pounded by blob after blob from the germans. As they do. We are 24k behind and cant even walk out of spawn without 5 trebs on your head Yes they are truly that sad bunch of players.

No. Tiers are the division of 3 servers, which mean each matchup is a different tier… The leagues are the ones divided in groups of 9 (Gold/Silver/Bronze).

You server actually belong to Tier 5 (silver league).

But the quetion on the thread is that NA T3, always get stuck on a loopsided match because there are 4 servers that are T2 material, which mean one of them will always stay on T3 and win by a blowout which is no fun to anyone… On EU, there are glicko gaps like that on T8 and T9.

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Ezrael-I am sorry you have to go through this. A lot on SoS are not happy either. But there are lots willing to try to make some fun by setting up duels or GvG. Ask on the other forums and you will get responses.

So stop zerging the other servers’ BLs. Seriously, if you know it will be boring otherwise, concentrate on your own BL and EB only. I don’t bother even logging in if I know I am apt to get zerg-rolled if I even try to upgrade a keep even in my own BL.

This kind of game play is like a high school football team wracking up a massive score over an obviously weaker opponent. It’s considered bad sportsmanship there, so why isn’t it considered bad sportsmanship everywhere else, including WvW in GW2?

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

So stop zerging the other servers’ BLs. Seriously, if you know it will be boring otherwise, concentrate on your own BL and EB only. I don’t bother even logging in if I know I am apt to get zerg-rolled if I even try to upgrade a keep even in my own BL.

And what you expect them to do when they have all their stuff and entire EBG? Sit idle waiting for your servers to show up? Besides, if they do that, they will lose glicko rating and won’t go back to T2… And I’m pretty sure SoS don’t want to be on T3.

in WvW

misterman.1530

And what you expect them to do when they have all their stuff and entire EBG? Sit idle waiting for your servers to show up? Besides, if they do that, they will lose glicko rating and won’t go back to T2… And I’m pretty sure SoS don’t want to be on T3.

Yes. Wait. People are more apt to show up if they log in and see they aren’t ticking +5 or even zero…and are outnumbered in every BL. Otherwise, they have to be prepared to be bored. Simple as that.

Part of the issue is the ratings based on scores. It should be like a real sport/competition – points for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. You can win, and get points, regardless of how big the win is.

But that would require a change and an acknowledgement from Anet that WvW is seriously broken. Not holding my breath.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

None of the T2 servers want to stay in T3, and since DB gained enough population to be considered a legitimate T2 contender they are going to push hard. SoS is most definitely a T2 server, and they have no intention of staying in T3. Due to the way ANet has decided to determine who belongs where the ONLY way to regain T2 status is to crush T3. This is very unfortunate for the real T3 servers who simply cannot compete with the coverage of SoS, DB, FA, or YB.

Now I don’t pretend to know exactly how Glicko is meant to function in depth, but it seems that eventually all the Glicko would be leeched from the T3 servers. This would mean that whatever T2 server that lands there at that time won’t be able to squeeze enough juice to move back up to T2. That will end up with a server implosion on a grand scale.

This is actually a very dangerous situation. If the gap becomes too wide for any movement to occur then what’s the point? If there are never any real chances to move then you end up with a stagnant, static set of matches that never change. This becomes increasingly boring and frustrating for everyone.

I agree with misterman. Set points for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishes rather than Glicko. This would give more movement, faster movement, and would balance out in the end. It would also make for a more clear picture of the real status of a server. You couldn’t lose for months on end waiting for your Glicko to decay enough for your server to move to the real spot it belongs. Meanwhile servers that are falling, like SoR and Mag did, don’t end up artificially inflating certain servers that hit that Glicko sweetspot with them. Likewise winning over and over would move you up the ladder faster allowing you to reach that sweet spot you deserve.

in WvW

Posted by: Samis.1750

Samis.1750

Is it possible to ally with the other T3 server vs the tier 2 server?

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Pantsman.5791

Pantsman.5791

the match making system NEEDS a re-work.
a tier 2 sized server has no place, at all, fighting tier 3 servers.
there is absolutley no way at all that a server that is tier 3 sized can fight a server that is tier 2 sized.

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

if both T3 servers attack the T2 server, we barely make a dent in them. With white swords gone, and the community desertion that came along with that particular change, T3 servers are left with the players who dont actually give a crap about the PPT and just play for fights.

I dont have a full headcount of guilds on SoS, but with DB, they had more guilds rallying, who had deeper rallies (25+ compared to our 15-20) than both IoJ and NSP combined. I imagine SoS is largely the same.

Me personally, I dont really mind because I havent tried to upgrade anything since the second week of no white swords. My guild does rally and has gotten to GvG with some of the best guilds in the game, and we can work on improving our synergy and play while we get blobbed

(edited by Hamster.4861)

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

if both T3 servers attack the T2 server, we barely make a dent in them. With white swords gone, and the community desertion that came along with that particular change, T3 servers are left with the players who dont actually give a crap about the PPT and just play for fights.

I dont have a full headcount of guilds on SoS, but with DB, they had more guilds rallying, who had deeper rallies (25+ compared to our 15-20) than both IoJ and NSP combined. I imagine SoS is largely the same.

Me personally, I dont really mind because I havent tried to upgrade anything since the second week of no white swords. My guild does rally and has gotten to GvG with some of the best guilds in the game, and we can work on improving our synergy and play while we get blobbed

It also doesn’t help Sos guilds are lazy. Even in t2 the “fight” guilds tend to stay near the pug zergs. MM, Syn will stay close to other zergs even if the enemy is like 15.

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

I am from FA. I agree. There is no WAY sos should be fighting on T3. I also HATE the idea of double teaming a server, but in this case, its the only way you guys have of standing a chance against SOS, and I am sure SOS is not happy either. Everyone wants fights, No one wants a steam roll.

It does concern me that next week you guys will be facing us in FA. On a personal level, all I can say, if I see you guys trying to take something of ours, I sure won’t say a word to anyone. I HATE the idea my server will steam roll and farm you guys. Chances are, I won’t even play much at all that week. Maybe just roam solo and hope I run across a couple of you guys, feel free to gank my toon, dance on my dead corpse, and get a tiny bit of satisfaction.

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

When you see there zerg, throw a couple of arrow carts behind you, then bait them into the siege. You may still die, bit get a tiny bit of satisfaction. Also, pull a yb, take something in there bl, Like the hills or bay. Siege to the hilt, camp, and wait for the zerg. YB is destroying us on FA with that little trick. Commanders will throw zerg after zerg at all that seige, the bags and fun you guys will have will help moral.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It isn’t Anet fault that people decided to create a 4th T2 server…

Yes. It is Anet’s fault. It’s pretty clear free transfers was going to create a tragedy of the commons event. Only Anet was in a position to stop/prevent that; but they didn’t.

Major sports leagues have salary caps to prevent exactly what happened to WvW. Too late now.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Yes. It is Anet’s fault. It’s pretty clear free transfers was going to create a tragedy of the commons event. Only Anet was in a position to stop/prevent that; but they didn’t.

Major sports leagues have salary caps to prevent exactly what happened to WvW. Too late now.

I don’t recall any of the 4 said servers having free servers after they were closed back in 2012.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

I am from FA. I agree. There is no WAY sos should be fighting on T3. I also HATE the idea of double teaming a server, but in this case, its the only way you guys have of standing a chance against SOS, and I am sure SOS is not happy either. Everyone wants fights, No one wants a steam roll.

It does concern me that next week you guys will be facing us in FA. On a personal level, all I can say, if I see you guys trying to take something of ours, I sure won’t say a word to anyone. I HATE the idea my server will steam roll and farm you guys. Chances are, I won’t even play much at all that week. Maybe just roam solo and hope I run across a couple of you guys, feel free to gank my toon, dance on my dead corpse, and get a tiny bit of satisfaction.

Pretty sure it will be a rng roll on who faces t3…. That’s why the push to t3 is silly talk – it is rng. Granted Glicko can change the percentages, but pretty sure fa rolled t3 match on 15% chance a few weeks ago.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

misterman.1530

Yeah. Unfortunately, and I am loathe to admit it, I am one of the deserters. Ever since “no white swords”, I have been avoiding WvW like the plague (except for one of the dailies, usually, and a brief stint when we tried to take back some stuff in our BL last week).

in WvW

misterman.1530

Well, if we do, so be it Face you, I mean. As for ganking – usually, in WvW, if I see a solo roamer (not a thief…I HATE thieves ), it’s usually farming or doing sentries – I just let them be. I even helped one take out the vet worm. We bowed, farmed the same Rich node, and went our separate ways. Then he whispered me about how to get to the JP. I showed him. See…sportsmanship. Then again, I played real sports, back when my knee wasn’t made of pain, so perhaps I have a different attitude about these things.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

bet you wouldnt be complaining if your side was owning everything. As someone who has seen this more times then Id like to remember, on both winning and losing sides. These kind of matchups suck, theres no way around it. T2 essentially has 4 competing servers, and some recent double teaming came back on SoS to temporaily drop them to t3 and bring DB up to T2, so yea this will go on for awhile.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

there is absolutley no way at all that a server that is tier 3 sized can fight a server that is tier 2 sized.

That doesn’t make one iota of sense. The matchmaking is spot on. Are you suggesting the top 3 servers do not deserve to be in Tier 1? Are you suggesting the 3 servers on Tier 2 do not belong their?

By what warped path of logic are you blaming the matchmaking for your issue here? As far as I am concerned, if your not making alliances to work together against the larger server, then your failing at your job, and deserve to lose.

Yeah. Unfortunately, and I am loathe to admit it, I am one of the deserters. Ever since “no white swords”, I have been avoiding WvW like the plague (except for one of the dailies, usually, and a brief stint when we tried to take back some stuff in our BL last week).

So you are posting on a thread complaining that another server having the WvW population, that makes what you folks are claiming as an unfair situation. Yet, not only have you not participated in the match up, you feel you have a right to add to the complaint from it? You rather spend your time complaining about it, rather then doing something about it? What are you guys thinking?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper.1748

Reaper.1748

It also doesn’t help Sos guilds are lazy. Even in t2 the “fight” guilds tend to stay near the pug zergs. MM, Syn will stay close to other zergs even if the enemy is like 15.

You do realize that guilds have days they don’t raid? I dunno what MM was doing, but Syn hasn’t had a raid in five days or so, its winter break for us. We should be doing something on Sun/Mon. Hit up Fallen.4317 if you care enough to set up some sort of 15’s or w/e.

[Syn] Syndictive I [PYRO] Pyromancers I Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: iNSoMaNiAc.2741

iNSoMaNiAc.2741

well idk what the big deal is, I mean im in NSP and I enjoy playing vs DB and SoS cuz they are on a whole new lvl when it comes to numbers, it really push us to think of new strategy’s etc.. also t2 is not going to have 4 servers for long, one of them is doomed to fall eventually.

Also previous to facing DB/SoS, NSP was always dominating and it was getting kind of boring.

(edited by iNSoMaNiAc.2741)

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

I have been suggesting this for a year & heard a great suggestion of how they could do it a good 8 months back.

1: Get rid of the home server based system.
2: Create an alliance based system tiered in 2 ways, first by number of players in said alliance then by how well they perform.
(Max alliance size would be somewhere around 1k or so but smaller then current t1 world populations to ensure a greater variety of alliances & possible match ups, each tier below that would reduce the max size by a couple hundred.
You could leave your current alliance at any time for free, joining a new one costs gems)
3: If you don’t join an alliance then you are randomized into a PUG alliance each reset that competes in it’s own tier.

Lastly for lore they could say powerful items were found in the mists, different groups wanted to use them for different purposes/ways & this alliances have been formed and fighting has broken out.

This would ensure alliances fighting each other have roughly similar numbers, create a greater variety of match ups & separate the people who don’t care about WvW from those that do..

It would also help if they created new maps that encourage groups to split into smaller groups to hit objectives at various angles at once. This could be done via cliffs, buffs to certain NPC’s better places to put seige etc…

(edited by Ragnar the Rock.3174)

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

That doesn’t make one iota of sense. The matchmaking is spot on. Are you suggesting the top 3 servers do not deserve to be in Tier 1? Are you suggesting the 3 servers on Tier 2 do not belong their?

By what warped path of logic are you blaming the matchmaking for your issue here? As far as I am concerned, if your not making alliances to work together against the larger server, then your failing at your job, and deserve to lose.

So you are posting on a thread complaining that another server having the WvW population, that makes what you folks are claiming as an unfair situation. Yet, not only have you not participated in the match up, you feel you have a right to add to the complaint from it? You rather spend your time complaining about it, rather then doing something about it? What are you guys thinking?

There is a limit to how much can be done vs servers with superior numbers.

I’m on isle of Janthir & we are regularly put up against servers that have 2 times our numbers at prime time & tripple or more at off hours.
No amount of alliance work can overcome that & the only way to really fix it is to leave the server completely for another one which will likely also fall apart at some point or for Arena.net to create a tier system that grades ppl both on how well they do & what they have numbers wise.

in WvW

Posted by: Noblehawk.8036

Noblehawk.8036

I have invested very limited amount of time to our (wsr) borderlands/eb after white swords got removed, because

- our server was good on defending against overwhelming numbers
- we can’t efficiently defend our stuff anymore as everything remains paper
- I can not expect people to spend gold to upgrades when there is not enough people on our server to protect the investments by scouting 24/7.
- sitting on tower 24/7 as a scout is not fun.
- great many of our regular wvw players have deserted since the patch.
- our scores have dropped dramatically since the patch and tight matches against larger servers have been changed to complete free fall for us.
- I feel like Anet should have picked some more convenient moment to poke my eye with a stick than the holiday period.

I have now played a lot less in general and mainly on edge of the mists where I rarely were before. I’ve learned that the team balance in there is just as crap as it was on main wvw games. I wonder does anet even know what word balance means?

I skipped my monthly gems purchase because of this update and seriously have had thoughts about leaving the entire game if things wont improve sooner rather than later. I can only wish that my servers wvw population recovers after this test with white swords is over.

GTA5 is coming to PC on january – maybe this really is good time to have a break – at least anet wont be needing my coins before stuff gets done.

Yes topic of this thread is spot on.

in WvW

misterman.1530

well idk what the big deal is, I mean im in NSP and I enjoy playing vs DB and SoS cuz they are on a whole new lvl when it comes to numbers, it really push us to think of new strategy’s etc.. also t2 is not going to have 4 servers for long, one of them is doomed to fall eventually.

Also previous to facing DB/SoS, NSP was always dominating and it was getting kind of boring.

I agree. We did. Which, the weekend after reset, I would stop playing. I don’t like dominating as much as I like being dominated. Neither is fun.

What is the strategy you are learning, I might ask?

in WvW

Posted by: iNSoMaNiAc.2741

iNSoMaNiAc.2741

I agree. We did. Which, the weekend after reset, I would stop playing. I don’t like dominating as much as I like being dominated. Neither is fun.

What is the strategy you are learning, I might ask?

Dont get me wrong, I wish t3 would be a more even matchup, but its not, and is not worth crying/complaining about it like some of these ppl do. Also I don’t think this is the place to discuss NSP’s strategy’s.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

It has become a trend in GW2 to create two accounts.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

I am sorry T3 is messed up due to their being 4 T2 servers.
All the people hopping to “fight” servers, has thrown t3 off.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

(edited by Mishi.7058)