Tier 6-8 players look inside please.

in WvW

Posted by: Fiction.6418

Fiction.6418

I have been on maguuma since a month into the game maybe with guild and while I love playing with those guys I have contact with them outside of game. Maguuma has increasing fallen in love with zergs and zerglings to where that is all anyone does “outside of a few guilds” and my own. I am looking to transfer to t6-8 server that has no chance of moving up because of bandwagon situations that feels they have more actual fighting than zerging. Anyone have any decent suggestions? I don’t care if you’re winning or losing your tier just looking for first hand information. Thanks in advance.
I want to make it clear, it is just me that is moving my guild is staying where they are.
PK

Evidence – 80Asura Thief | Skáldskap 80Human Guardian | Pirateking 80Human Mesmer
Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

I have been on maguuma since a month into the game maybe with guild and while I love playing with those guys I have contact with them outside of game. Maguuma has increasing fallen in love with zergs and zerglings to where that is all anyone does “outside of a few guilds” and my own. I am looking to transfer to t6-8 server that has no chance of moving up because of bandwagon situations that feels they have more actual fighting than zerging. Anyone have any decent suggestions? I don’t care if you’re winning or losing your tier just looking for first hand information. Thanks in advance.
I want to make it clear, it is just me that is moving my guild is staying where they are.
PK

Go to t8, either ET or FC (most probably FC even though they are mid-range right now). HoD would be viable as well, but less than ET or FC.

Zergwars happen in all tiers, (yes even t8), but there are dedicated roaming guilds there that will probably accommodate what you are looking for. T7/T6 is pretty zergy during peak times as well.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I’d limit your search to T7 or T8. Having played against DH a few weeks back (and heard stories about SF), it seems like T6 is the tier where the numbers game really starts to pick up.

As for T7/T8, I’d recommend any of those servers. There’s a pretty good balance of small group play vs zerg play all around and each server has some really talented squads running around out there. There are still zergs, of course, but you will find plenty of good roaming opportunities away from the doritos for most of the day.

in WvW

Fiction.6418

PK

Go to t8, either ET or FC (most probably FC even though they are mid-range right now). HoD would be viable as well, but less than ET or FC.

Zergwars happen in all tiers, (yes even t8), but there are dedicated roaming guilds there that will probably accommodate what you are looking for. T7/T6 is pretty zergy during peak times as well.

I realize every tier will have some zergs, and I’m fine with it happening here and there.. but when the vast majority of a server does nothing but I lose interest quickly. When I have to call out that something the zerg just captured over and over and over and most of the time nothing happens or they come back do nothing for the fortification and don’t even finish killing the players and then when I point them out I’m called irrelevant and pointless because my opinion goes against the zerg/wxp train’s view every time, I think my play style will be better suited somewhere else. It is a server effort, and outside of the few wxp/karma trains I’m not feeling it . Other than a few guilds I can think of and my own.

Evidence – 80Asura Thief | Skáldskap 80Human Guardian | Pirateking 80Human Mesmer
Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Come to ET or FC. HoD definitely outnumbers either ET and FC during primetime. I consider HoD “zergy” for our tier. it’s not zerg of 100 but ET/FC are a single zerg each and HoD is has multiple zergs of 40.

Alternatively, I recommend GoM though I’m not sure of their current state since they picked up some new guilds. When they were in T8, they had a lot of small groups of 5-10.

If you just want to play and have good fights, come to T8. The small group fights are epic and very fun. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Small-man-Havoc-Crew-Tier-Consolidation/first

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in WvW

Posted by: irishhaf.1692

irishhaf.1692

DR zergs in Eternal… but the rest is usually 1 or 2 guilds working together and a smattering of solos roaming around during NA day time… past midnight we are a ghost town till around 7 or 8 am (I think been a while since ive been on that time frame).

But most of tier 7 if you avoid eternal you avoid most of the zergs.

Deritt ranger lv 80 (Un-retired… liking longbow)
Devona Borders (DB)
Devonas rest.

in WvW

Posted by: Creepy Silent.9801

Creepy Silent.9801

t7/8 are ideal for you then. On Devona I know there are some people formerly from Maguuma that left due to the same reasons you said, the OINK guild if you remember them, dreztina(Out of Attunement) is also here aswell.

Good luck in your search!

Anonymous Defender[AD][BSty]
Ehmry Bay
Tug Life

in WvW

Posted by: Yohimbe.1876

Yohimbe.1876

Mag is up in a tier now where more ZvZ action is the norm. When they were whipping SBI’s butts in T4 the players still preferred to go small group action. You are not going to find a tier where no zerg is the rule, I think. But you will most likely find the style of play you prefer by moving down tiers, where you can take a havoc and go or solo roam to cap camps.

Chay Darkhaven – SBI
Leader of The Ethereal Guard
Huzzah!

in WvW

Fiction.6418

I am going to leave this thread going until sometime later tonight so I can hopefully get some more feedback, I will make my decision around 10pm-midnight Eastern tonight. HOpefully I get more info here so I’m not just picking at random and that turning into a bad choice for what I want.

Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

I’ve seen 1 maybe 2 zergs on ET this week. If you are looking for small ops, ET has the smallest WvW population.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: Linanthony.1809

Linanthony.1809

Well I would have to say the opposite about HoD. We have lots of team based work and we have some Very organized guilds who do WvW very often. The only time were zergy is in reset night and or an event night.
I’d go with us; HoD If you enjoy a balance of Coordinated to Zergy
FC if you enjoy rolling big zergs all day everyday
ET if you enjoy being the underdog and fighting a larger force

Genesis Theory [GT]

in WvW

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Lol @ FC having big zergs all day every day. I’m sorry, but that’s pretty kitten funny. After stomping on HoD for a couple weeks the only thing they had going for them was their zergs *cough*Os*cough*, PAXA was the only small-man group I ever remember running into that accomplished anything.

in WvW

Fiction.6418

Ok the current tier 8 if I made my decision now will be with one of those teams, just hoping for a bit more feedback so I can get a consensus in case some people are giving inaccurate details based on personal feelings.

Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Blackjack.2083

Blackjack.2083

Might I suggest you consider Northern ShiverPeaks (NSP) as we sound to be exactly what you are looking for. We have a lot of talented WvW’ers but we do have a small population. The good side is that you really get to know the regulars and often the actions of a few really do make a difference. The downside is that we are often outnumbered and you therefore won’t find too many easy fights. So, if you are looking for a smaller community with great people where our idea of a zerg is often 10-15 people then I recommend NSP.

in WvW

>.> Where is this all-day FC zerg? (lol) I’ve definitely seen FC zerg but not all day. ET and FC have been in the same tier for 6 months. Long time ET players know that FC does not zerg all day.

I do have to say that HoD’s zergs can be coordinated. That is beside the point since Fiction is looking for small groups. I see many more large HoD groups than small man groups from them during primetime. ET is outnumbered in comparison.

Maguuma
#allisvain

(edited by Avatar of Belle.9623)

in WvW

Fiction.6418

Bump, will be making a decision within the hour, but I’m still trying to decide between FC and ET.. I like the fact that they have both been in the tier for so long which suggests they aren’t victims of the bandwagon fault in this game.

Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Lol @ FC having big zergs all day every day. I’m sorry, but that’s pretty kitten funny. After stomping on HoD for a couple weeks the only thing they had going for them was their zergs *cough*Os*cough*, PAXA was the only small-man group I ever remember running into that accomplished anything.

Yes Os is a huge zerg guild with hordes of players and we have always been on HoD and are currently their. You sir are winning.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Fiction.6418

Well I am making the move to Ferguson’s Crossing, 1-2 people may be joining me from guild but that will be the most if any. I should be there within 30m or so to help dominate the faces of everyone. Thanks for all the feedback .

Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Fiction.6418

Ok I am now a proud member of the Ferguson’s Crossing, will be changing signature momentarily.

Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Fiction.6418

Yay I guess, some other try hard can come close this post or whatever you kitteners do.

Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

welcome, hope to see you around

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

I would say T8, either ET or FC would be ideal for you. While, lets be real here, even when we zerg, it’s still in the 10 – 20 range, which on the higher tiers is not a zerg at all.

As it stands right now, ET has the smallest WvW population, and that means we have to do more with less, which, while, yes, we all want to ball up and take stuff, we simply don’t have the man power to do it.

Anyway, I would still suggest ET for a place to be, to experience the smaller group side of things.

Edit: Ahh I see you went to FC, see you on the field then.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Fiction.6418

Thanks again, for all the feedback.. can’t wait to see some of you in the wvw.. from the fights I’m getting so far this seems much more my style. Encountered a few “big” groups but it was never more than 20 players. Really enjoying my first night so far, the fights are usually 1-2v1-2 or 1v5 at most much more what I’m looking for. Beware HoD and ET ;P

Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: lilcoffeebean.3149

lilcoffeebean.3149

In t6 atm (ioj, darkhaven, sf) EB is pretty much a constant zerg. In the borderlands you can find small groups though, but more often than not even here you get 10+ groups. If you are looking for 5 man fights or lower as a common occurrence I actually would not recommend either of these 3 servers. Just my opinion and some may disagree. At the very least I personally find darkhaven to be very zergy for the tier it is in.

Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion.
Let’s not bicker and argue over who killed who.
Lilcoffeebean~Yak’s Bend~Perfect Dark [PD]

in WvW

Go fight PAXA. They’re fun. And by fun, you’re going to get stomped by an effective team build. There are some awesome 3 way fights that go on most nights. You should join in.

Maguuma
#allisvain

in WvW

Fiction.6418

Go fight PAXA. They’re fun. And by fun, you’re going to get stomped by an effective team build. There are some awesome 3 way fights that go on most nights. You should join in.

I will look for them, I am not worried about being the absolute best, I just want to challenge myself in game and have worthy competition. I look forward to seeing them around.

Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Scleameth.6809

Scleameth.6809

Welcome to FC and hope you stick around for good
Zerg all day everyday is just a hoax but I’m glad HoD get’s that impression – it means our reaction times to their assaults are good. But we tried defending our EB keep with about 5 people two days ago against a HoD zerg of at least 20+ with a few golems: fail by default, but that was not even prime time so they definitely have the numbers when they need it… back to topic…
FC night crew is epic and you should get stay up a few nights to meet our friendly Australian players.
Our commanders are nice guys and gals although we could use a few more during Aus late night and US early morning switch over. (then again we could use a few more players during EU prime in general).

FC – [SNKY]
Keep the Faith (and stay out of AC fire)

in WvW

Posted by: Crimson Magdelana.9024

Crimson Magdelana.9024

Isle of Janthir is the place to be. We tumbled from the upper tiers, and have finally found a pretty decent matchup with SF, and the bigger of the three servers Darkhaven. Our oceanic presence is unstoppable, but our NA needs some improvement as we can’t compete with numbers like DH has. Still, we’re a lovable bunch. Big time PVE presence on the server, a troll here and there…but all in all (and through it all) we’re imho the most resilient server out there.

Getting trapped in t7/t8 like SF is one thing. But losing 80% of your wvw players and struggling month after month against mega servers as we slowly fell through the tiers…and still giving it 110%…that takes heart. And IoJ has it.

You call it afk. I call it getting a beer.

in WvW

Posted by: Alexina.8601

Alexina.8601

I would love to jump in and say “join us! join our server!”, and list lots of reasons. I have lots or reasons to list as well. BUT I think everyone has their own style and things they love. So might I suggest reading through or glancing through the forums set up for the servers you’re considering? See some of the wacky stuff they do, how they treat each other and go from there. I know personally I prefer people who are polite with each other so that would be a major factor to me if I ever switched. I also know fighting through WvW tiers setups change, strategy’s change to deal with the different type of invaders. I wish you the best of luck on whichever server you join, and hope you find your perfect one.

SF – Lessieal – Astar Wisdom

in WvW

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

I think you made the right choice with going to T8. Most people will want you joining their own server, since it benefits them. But, I think anything above T8 is not really what the OP is looking for. Even in T8, you will still have zergs, but it is a tier where small teams and roaming are actively pursued and even “marketed” by the community.

Sounds like a perfect fit!! Hope you enjoy your choice of FC, Fiction!

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in WvW

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Yes Os is a huge zerg guild with hordes of players and we have always been on HoD and are currently their. You sir are winning.

When encountering zergs in t7, Os is one of the few tags that stood out as having mass numbers, if you don’t then you have a kittenton of mesmers… /sarcasm. It does appear I mis-remembered which server you were on though, so my bad there.