Tier 7 / Tier 8 = Wv3 working just fine.

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

First off , this isn’t a recruitment thread. Far from it.

In case you haven’t been paying attention, Wv3 is fun in these two teirs. The bottom 5 servers have persevered through numerous mismatches and through it all have come out ahead.

With the addition of Gates of Madness to round out the bottom 6, the matches are fun for all involved and pretty much drama free. If you take the time to read thru the match-up threads, you will see that the atmosphere is fun competitive and yes casual.

No, we don’t have round the clock coverage. But this allows for a great ebb and flow of the map changing hands from realm to realm.

No, we don’t have elite guilds that rule them all. But this allows for any guild small or large to have a huge impact on the nightly skirmish.

What we do have is fun, nightly. Respect for our opponents, hey we’ve been stuck down here with each other for weeks. Sure we might get into arguments, but just like brothers after a brawl, we pick each other up and go have a beer and laugh it off.

So, the point of this thread. To the Wv3 Devs. Thanks. Great job. Beers on me next time your in Austin.

-K

-K

in WvW

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

GoM here. I want to point out that it’s been a bit of a difficult stretch getting here. This the first week in a long time where a match up is competitive. We’ve had several big guilds bail, leaving GoM to come up with a grass-roots community. We’ve moved down 3 or 4 tiers, which has been bad for morale. Those of us remaining value a fun competitive match more than success and high level of performance. We’re probably in the right tier.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in WvW

Posted by: NealCaffrey.6450

NealCaffrey.6450

SHHHHH!!!

If you keep spreading the word that the pvp is a blast down in lower tiers, it could change for the worse with mass transfers! I’ve found that once you stop worrying about the overall score at the end of the day and try and have as many fun fights as possible when you’re out, WvW is a blast at least for me.

Commander Rañger Dañger
Leader of Cryptic Gaze[iSpy]
Evermoor Alliance (iSpy, JAWA, WAR) – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Forest.4197

Forest.4197

Question about the lower tiers: can you log in at anytime and have a decent battle or is there more of a tendancy to see zerg vs door outside of prime time?

in WvW

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Outside of prime time on GoM, you’d be hard-pressed to organize enough people to even make a zerg. I was on our BL today and saw only one invader. Lot’s of back-capping and camp/tower swapping. I blame the mad king, actually, as a ton of people are farming him.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in WvW

Posted by: thenoobler.7540

thenoobler.7540

its zerg vs door at times yes Forest. as our servers dont have round he clock coverage.

but during my primetime… its the funnest fights ive had in years in any game.

but ya lets try and keep the zerg xfers away from the bottom tiers lol

nothing to see here, these are not the droids you are looking for :P

Xiir – lvl80 Guardian – Dragonbrand Server
Guild Leader – Warsworn [WAR] – www.warsworngaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: neoxide.7320

neoxide.7320

SF here. WvW has been a painful decline since launch. A lot of people left in the last few months. At this point, we dominate the lowest tier and 2nd lowest tier but anything above that we get dominated ourselves. We haven’t had a fair matchup in over a month.

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

@ Neo , with ET and HoD falling from grace, you may get 2 servers that can round out Teir 6. Yes there is a huge population difference @ that 18th spot that SF is in. Tho, we did have a great match when you were down here with AR.

-K

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

I have to admit, even with the arguing that does occur in the forum threads on occasion, there is a very healthy rivalry in the lower 2 tiers that has developed over the last several weeks. The battles that happen are always a good time, you can almost always get into any map without having to queue, there is some night presence, but you rarely see massive zergs hitting doors, and the groups you do see are not usually uncontested when they do attempt to do a PvDoor run. We see a lot more defensive siege set ups than we did the first few weeks. People are really great at responding and holding onto objectives when they are called to. There is almost no crying in /t anymore. Overall I would say that the bottom tiers are probably the best fights that you can get. The fewer numbers build a lot more camaraderie between people and guilds, and we generally have a blast in Wv3. I don’t know how other tiers are, I have always been on AR, but if they are not like this, I am glad I never moved.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in WvW

Posted by: Asquared.4091

Asquared.4091

Everything that has been said is true, the bottom tiers are easily the best. Fighting is normally always enjoyable and intense.

However, that being said we would discourage any large guilds from moving to these servers. We are trying to build a WvW community, and it tends to disrupt things when we have a large influx and makes it not fun for all involved.

[RAGE]

in WvW

Posted by: iiMulch.2138

iiMulch.2138

Different people have different perceptions of what wvw is about. I like it competitive. I have been on Desolation since launch ( I wasn’t one of the people who migrated from low servers just because deso was t1). I am in a very good wvw guild and we find it really fun to play competitively and try to get a lot of points. However I do understand that lower servers also have fun because it is a lot more casual.

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

I would note that I don’t want to discourage folks from coming over and test the waters.

A big influx of players, and by big I mean 50 consistent members can really throw off the fragile balance we have here. So you might just break what you wanted to experience

-K

-K

in WvW

Posted by: Meurto.8520

Meurto.8520

I am on Sorrow’s Furnace and we always seem to get matched up against the worst of the big servers that have a massive population around the clock. This has happened the last 2 weeks and I think we would have a much better match up if we got bumped down a tier. I guess there may always be a tier where two servers are evenly matched, but always end up fighting the loser of the higher brackets.

in WvW

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

Mm. Either the very top or the very bottom is the place to be. The middle fluctuates too much causing things like the last 2 matchups for Millers Sound (DE).

Aurora Glade [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Sajec.5302

Sajec.5302

There are NO lower tiers…please disregard all previous posts!

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Ianervan.3415

Ianervan.3415

First thing I noticed in lower tiers: I CAN SEE EVERYONE. Even entire big groups of allies and enemies. Not 100 big but certainly the place was crowded. No rendering issues. It was really enjoyable just to see people.

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.

in WvW

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

Having a great time, cheers all around!

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

My guild died so I elected gasp… to move down the ladder. I started on blackgate but took a 2 week break (wvw) because of former. I dont recognize a single name in there since I came back. My thought was to help the pop stop the bandwagon and maybe have fun.
I will let you know how it turns out.

in WvW

Posted by: Arcxander.9836

Arcxander.9836

This is exactly what I predicted after a lot of guilds and players left our server. GoM will go down to the bottom tiers where it should be. It will have the same amount of players to the rest of the bottom tiers. WvW will then be an even match sooner or later. This is the main reason why me and my guild stayed.

Jofp
Legion of Ubec [UBEC] | Gate of Madness
http://legionofubec.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

shhh. keep it quiet guys we dont want transfers!

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos:

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

Ha, I wouldn’t worry too much about transfers all the way down here. We are a desolate no mans land. The bottom tiers are designed to build toughened, dedicated Wv3 players, I see a lot on AR and BP, as well as a lot of postings about Kain/FC/DR, they are tough competitors from what I hear. Wv3 in the bottom tiers isn’t for the weak of heart, you will lose what you fight extremely hard for, you will spend a ton of money, but the reward is amazing, epic battles, and I wouldn’t leave it for all of the top tier servers in the world.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Personnaly, I have a great time in tier 7, but to say it was fair and fine all the way since release is wrong.

It’s prolly the first real competitive match up (Except maybe SF) since release. All other match up (NSP,DH ect.) We were getting stomped. The good thing tho, was that our player kept playing, even if we were losing really bad.

Sorry to sound negative, but I think that you can base everything on this week match up. WvW still need a lot of tunning.

And yeah… no mass transfer please

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in WvW

Posted by: Judeau.3254

Judeau.3254

Shhh, you’re breaking the first rule of tier 7 WvW!

Judeau Chop (Thief)
Guild: SBZY
Server: Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: NealCaffrey.6450

NealCaffrey.6450

First thing I noticed in lower tiers: I CAN SEE EVERYONE. Even entire big groups of allies and enemies. Not 100 big but certainly the place was crowded. No rendering issues. It was really enjoyable just to see people.

I still have plenty of issues when sieging SM during prime time. 60vs60 doesn’t render in the Lord’s Room and mass chaos, invisible enemies, tab target moar!!! AAAARGH THEY’RE EVERYWHERE AND I CAN’T SEE THEM!?!?!!!!

But yes I agree you can see everyone 90% of the time out here in the battles as most of the time open field the largest it gets is 30vs30.

We really need to stop bumping this thread. Let it sink towards the bottom of the pile of lost threads in the internet!

Commander Rañger Dañger
Leader of Cryptic Gaze[iSpy]
Evermoor Alliance (iSpy, JAWA, WAR) – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

“You don’t want to sell me any deathsticks” “You want to go home and rethink your life”…….

People aren’t going to mass flock to the lower tiers for one reason, they think because a server is on the top that they are the “best” of the best. They’re at the top because they have the numbers to put them there….SIMPLE as that. Plus all servers were not created equal…meaning that some servers have been around before the official Launch Date.

I’m from Devona’s Rest. For the longest time this was the lowest population, lowest tiered world for WVW status. We’ve got a lot more population now, but still the WVW is meh. That’s okay though, because even though many people gripe down here in this bracket, we all love the challenges, the epic battles that occur, and the fact that we can say that we “know” someone because we’ve been in the same matchup for three weeks now and looks like at least one more. DR may move up into the next tier in a week or two, but if not that’s okay too.

So if you’re looking for large epic primetime battles, low to no queue’s (depends on which BL is being battled for), and knowing your enemy on a regular basis….then the bottom tier’s are for you. If you want to pin a medal on your chest and ride the coat tails of everyone else, then stay in the upper tiers.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Dokem.2634

Dokem.2634

SF here and we won’t stay in T6 for long. Lost last week, steamrolled by Yak’s Bend and now by EB and NSP. In T7 we seem to always win, but I guess that can change too since our last match in T7 was actually a fun one and more challenging.

Yak’s Bend
Coalicion [GWH]