Time to merge populations

in WvW

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

I play on both eu and NA and know that population has plummeted massively for both. Even t1 is missing the massive queues it used to have. It seems like people only log on for reset night now as if this were some t8 server that can only field population for 1 night a week.

We all obv know whose fault this is but lets not worry about that. Lets worry aobut the solution. We’re playing an MMO right? and population is important. Thats exactly why you should do what you did with megaservers and merge population. Or at least merge servers.

in WvW

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

People only log on for reset night now

Indeed.

I don’t have a solution cause I am not sure how to merge populations. I am willing to bet the “How do we handle the current state of WvW” is a topic discussed with some frequency by the designers/developers. Personally I don’t think they have a solution yet and I suspect they are waiting til it worsens even more before they work on it.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in WvW

Posted by: Mizu.4508

Mizu.4508

Not necessarily true that T8 part. Anvil Rock pulled itself out of 3rd place in our matchup after being behind by a few thousands. Currently we sit almost 20k ahead of the 2nd server. and we most certainly can field a population more then once a week lol. That also stands true for another server that we face (who fields a looooot of people, you know who you are blue side.) Merging populations isn’t going to fix the problems. Its been suggested a bunch of times and I don’t think they’ll pull through with it. Servers are still on the move, Darkhaven just entered T5 and they’re winning their matchup with a 50k point lead and Borlis just moved into Bronze from an implosion. Maguuma might be heading down as well, or they might stay in T5. With so many servers moving around, merging isn’t going to help. and I believe T2-T4 is in a weird situation where there is 4 T2 servers? (T2 matchup+FA)? I’m not sure of that situation but yea merging – not going to solve anything

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

They have the data.

This we know for sure 100%.

It is now a matter if implementation and acceptance
that the population is declining though we have some returns.

Follow DAoC and create alliances so that its all good

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Dreadforce.6980

Dreadforce.6980

@Mizu not sure if you know but from what I can see the last of the blue servers wvw guilds/players finished leaving. If blue had numbers after reset and during the weekend it was only because nobody really got to play for a week. (i was just on and the 20-25 I saw was not what I would call a lot)

On topic I would like to see it happen I don’t play much anymore because the 10 vs 20 in your favor or not does not make it feel like wvw anymore its just become pvd or doing nothing.

in WvW

Mizu.4508

I’m not sure how SF’s population is doing but yesterday we (AR) were outnumbered at our keep after losing everything else on EB to SF. So I’d definitely say there are still people playing in SF.

I get that a lot of players left but that’s life down in T8 as its also happened to AR over the year. If 20-25 isn’t a lot then maybe you should try T1/T2 server, if blob v blob is your thing. Also, I’d be surprised if AR moves up and stays in T7 mainly because we have lacked coverage to move up for so long (which is why we’ve been in T8 for ages). Assuming SoR will be in T8 for a long time, AR/SF and Kain might be swapping around in an endless rotation between T7-T8 (2 servers will stay in T8 and swap with the one in T7).

There are also servers moving down into Bronze (Borlis Pass, maybe Maguuma?) and I don’t know how many players they field since BP I believe recently imploded (not 100% sure of that) and Maguuma imploded a few months back. If Maguuma can’t fight for T5 then they’ll drop into Bronze and GoM(?) will move up into Silver.

So server merging may be the solution if populations continue to decline from here. I think its interesting right now because bronze will be shifting around. GoM is the next to move up if a server from Silver Tier moves into Bronze.

(edited by Mizu.4508)

in WvW

Posted by: Dreadforce.6980

Dreadforce.6980

well sorry I dont want t1 blobs but 20-25 people between all maps is not a lot. Why even have 4 maps if 90% of the time they are empty. When I was on AR had all our eb stuff what that means to me is it was just pvd the same is most likely the reason for your example of what you saw. I still think combining servers would be a good thing to do.

(edited by Dreadforce.6980)

in WvW

Posted by: roxybudgy.8205

roxybudgy.8205

It has been said time and time again that server merges ultimately solve nothing.

You know what would solve the problem? Giving free transfers to players who don’t appreciate that some people like the way things are so they can move to a server that better suits their tastes.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

There are people who like to be on the lesser populated servers and there are people who like to be on the blob servers.

I’m sure that most of the people that didn’t wanted to be on bronze already left. Otherwise there wouldn’t be so much “near dead” servers as we have now. It used to be ET alone, but now we have SoR/AR/Kain/SF and possibly FC/BP on near dead status.

Merging bronze servers will make the people that want to be on a low population unhappy, as you are forcing them unto a server with more people (somenthing that they could have went for if they wanted, since we can transfer anywhere). I’m willing to belive that it will result on losing more players than actually fixing anything at all.

If anything, EU and NA should be merged to try minimize the coverage problem. But then, there are the latency issues…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Mizu.4508

well sorry I dont want t1 blobs but 20-25 people between all maps is not a lot. Why even have 4 maps if 90% of the time they are empty. When I was on AR had all our eb stuff what that means to me is it was just pvd the same is most likely the reason for your example of what you saw. I still think combining servers would be a good thing to do.

No doors were stabbed/zerged to death in the process of losing our keep. They trebbed from Jerrifer’s (tower south of green keep) and they took down two fortified walls to get into our keep. The rest of the zerg they had were camping a few meters away from our gates waiting and not PVDing. So the arguement of “PVD or do nothing” doesn’t work. You’re in T8 now, where each additional # of player(s) counts. Also, if T1/T2 isn’t your thing, there is still T3/T4/T5. You’re on the wrong server and on the wrong tier if your looking for more then 20/25 players and on every border. I’m also pretty sure there aren’t any servers capable of having 40-60 man zergs on every map besides T1 and maybe T2? I’d suggest T2 for you since the last time I went on my account on DB (was sometime during this matchup) they were trying to cap our supply camp to the southwest. There were a lot of people fighting over that camp, as in 30-40 on both sides. If that’s too much, then try T3.

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

T1 doesn’t have 40-60 man zergs on every map. We map hop using voice communications.

Really fun, btw. You use the borderlands to try to move the other zergs. Kindof like a portal bomb, except with waypoints.

For the Toast!

(edited by Nanyetah Elohi.4852)

in WvW

Mizu.4508

T1 doesn’t have 40-60 man zergs on every map. We map hop using voice communications.

Really fun, btw. You use the borderlands to try to move the other zergs. Kindof like a portal bomb, except with waypoints.

I don’t play T1 so yea I’m really inaccurate with guessing how many people play on each border as you can see x). So yea, even T1 isn’t capable of that many numbers(40-60) on every map, its like that for every server.

@Dread – think about it though. If you remove borderlands and have EB as the only map then it becomes even more stale. Another problem is that you might end up being spawn camped forever since there would only be one map. There’s already a forum post talking about being camped in a lopsided matchup. Even if a matchup isn’t lopsided, it forces people to control spawn points for more PPT. Literally, you’d have blobs or zergs standing at the spawn point to prevent the other server from PPTing.

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

In T1, it isn’t as many as it sounds like. WvW at that level is exhausting. Commanders are working extremely hard at that level.

It is fun, tho. Real sport.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

this is Guild Wars. The guilds make the difference.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Muramasa.6487

Muramasa.6487

Servers should have been merged not the entire game merge via megaserver imo.

in WvW

Fuzzion.2504

Yeah T1 is very different. First theres near constant 24/7 action. Been this way for 2+years. Second you can always choose your playstyle though if you are looking for outright fair fights 24/7 you will not find it. Lastly, theres alot of intense map hopping and TS is a core requirement. And let us not forget that many of the players in T1 have been fighting each other for over 2 years now so we are kindda like one big disgruntled loving family.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Not necessarily true that T8 part. Anvil Rock pulled itself out of 3rd place in our matchup after being behind by a few thousands. Currently we sit almost 20k ahead of the 2nd server. and we most certainly can field a population more then once a week lol. That also stands true for another server that we face (who fields a looooot of people, you know who you are blue side.) Merging populations isn’t going to fix the problems. Its been suggested a bunch of times and I don’t think they’ll pull through with it. Servers are still on the move, Darkhaven just entered T5 and they’re winning their matchup with a 50k point lead and Borlis just moved into Bronze from an implosion. Maguuma might be heading down as well, or they might stay in T5. With so many servers moving around, merging isn’t going to help. and I believe T2-T4 is in a weird situation where there is 4 T2 servers? (T2 matchup+FA)? I’m not sure of that situation but yea merging – not going to solve anything

The situation happening in T5 right now is thus: DH has an enormous SEA population that plays throughout early morning NA into the afternoon. HoD does not. Apparently Mag does not. If you watch the trends, DH takes everything during the day and then both servers start to recover around 5-6pm EST when the NA population starts to get home from work.

I think they might be a better fit for T4. There aren’t many servers below that, at least that I’ve seen, that can field a SEA population to match. GoM, maybe? I don’t know, I haven’t fought them since they tanked before S3, but it looks like they should be moving up soon.

Merging doesn’t mean anything if you merge populations that lack coverage during the same time periods. It’s always entertaining for me when fighting a new server to discover their “weak” times, and I’m sure DH figured that one out pretty quickly when they took the entire map Saturday morning.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I would say its time for

free transfer

as a very short term solution. We don’t need server merges, if we are able to leave the nearly dead server and to experiment a bit to find a new home.
The restriction to you cannot play in the current match running while hopping should be enough for a while.

Shutdown the finally empty server after a while.

Maybes it’s a good idea to also permanently separate the server into two leagues.
- massive blob (map limit as now)
- smaller-scale (map-limit 40-50)

Everyone, every guild or even every community can move around till we found a new setting that fits all needs.

In the end it’s important that we can play and not that we are proud of some name.

Personally I would enjoy moving around for some weeks, looking at T1 – T8, EU and NA, … over 2 years on the same server are enough. In fact to much I rarely enter WvW anymore.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I don’t think merging wvw servers would be a good idea. It would end up being a major cluster-f***, imo. And rather than offering free transfers, as Dayra suggested above…..maybe just reduce the price of transfers for a short time.

I transferred just recently from Kaineng to Tarnished Coast, and wvw is now absolutely wonderful! Have had to deal with one long que on reset night, other than that, I just love T1 wvw!!!

Much, much better than spending 30 minutes in wvw just looking for other people. That was getting really tiresome.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

merge servers .

allow free transfers.

or come up with a solution for 24 hour coverage in wvw.

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Free transfers destroyed our server. If you don’t know the saga of what happened to HoD after Season 2, I will be happen to enlighten you as to why free transfers is not the answer to anything, and why it would likely destroy any last remnants of server pride, cohesion, and that sense of awareness you get by playing with the same people over and and over again. You want a giant melting pot? Go play EotM.

in WvW

Posted by: Turtle.4678

Turtle.4678

Free transfers destroyed our server. If you don’t know the saga of what happened to HoD after Season 2, I will be happen to enlighten you as to why free transfers is not the answer to anything, and why it would likely destroy any last remnants of server pride, cohesion, and that sense of awareness you get by playing with the same people over and and over again. You want a giant melting pot? Go play EotM.

Let’s be honest here, free transfers made your server to begin with. HoD was a bandwagon server in season 1 that stole plenty of guilds. I’m not sure that free transfers is a positive solution, but HoD is a good example of how free transfers can destroy server populations.

in WvW

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

They already merged, called Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

edge of the mists? …. o u mean the farm train !

in WvW

uberkingkong.8041

I found out yesterday, I use to think Edge of the Mist was server based, but it isn’t, was very shocked to hear its a bunch of servers combined.

I use to think it was server based because it goes for 3 hours and then says “looking for new game, teams” something in that nature, so I thought it was my server vs random servers who were winning or losing.

Had no idea it was just same merged servers fighting same merged servers.

in WvW

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

The topic was concerning WvW, not PvE content where sometimes a fight breaks out.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in WvW

Mizu.4508

Mmm, I hope they figure something out. Its actually getting a lot worse atm. I didn’t realize it was this bad. Were moving out of T8 just on the fact that the other servers down here are really empty. As in were doing what T1 servers do to T2: lopsided overpopulation and giving them next to no PPT. and we don’t have much coverage to begin with.

in WvW

Fuzzion.2504

I don’t think merging wvw servers would be a good idea. It would end up being a major cluster-f***, imo. And rather than offering free transfers, as Dayra suggested above…..maybe just reduce the price of transfers for a short time.

I transferred just recently from Kaineng to Tarnished Coast, and wvw is now absolutely wonderful! Have had to deal with one long que on reset night, other than that, I just love T1 wvw!!!

Much, much better than spending 30 minutes in wvw just looking for other people. That was getting really tiresome.

I am happy you enjoy T1. Its been an awesome 2+ years for many fo us. Also for those considering transfers, also consider T2. Right now we have BG,TC,JQ,YB,FA,SOS,DB. It would be nice if 2 more servers could be added to the list so that we can convince Gold to be kitten and T3.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

6 months ago I would’ve said no to merge (and did, these merge threads have been popping up for a long time). Now? We need it badly. Current T1 populations match T3 or lower populations from last year. We can barely queue the 4 maps on reset (recent resets have seen 1 or 2 maps without a queue). 5-10 people can PVD an entire map during certain times of the day. If the game is dying at the top and dead at the bottom, something needs to be changed. Fast.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

My advice to the Dev’s would be to rent/create a centralized server cluster and merge EU and NA. Have it be an alliance system where Alliances have meaning. Make the meaning also be tactical in the nature of game play. From large scale siege warfare maps to small scale jungle warfare within the same match. I don’t care if they repurpose PvE maps for this even. Something new is better than to continue with the status quo.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I am happy you enjoy T1. Its been an awesome 2+ years for many fo us. Also for those considering transfers, also consider T2. Right now we have BG,TC,JQ,YB,FA,SOS,DB. It would be nice if 2 more servers could be added to the list so that we can convince Gold to be kitten and T3.

I was surprised at the stark difference between a T1 wvw server and Kaineng, a bottom rung wvw server. I expected there to be a difference, but I was shocked at how completely different and better wvw is on a T1 server. Sure am glad I made the change!

And despite what some have said about T1 attitudes, I have found the people there to be very nice, so far.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

uberkingkong.8041

The topic was concerning WvW, not PvE content where sometimes a fight breaks out.

EotM is WvW, its the newest map introduced to WvW.

The developer simply makes something for the WvW community and its in the players hands.

Not my fault people don’t want a serious WvW.
If you want a serious WvW than start taking it serious, because you can do whatever you want on that map, not my fault people prefer to see who can take stuff faster than the other person.

You could do exactly what you do in EotM and put it into WvW and vice versa.

You assume WvW players want one thing, but they really want something like EotM.
None of you speak for everyone, the game speaks for itself, you could defend in EotM, but ‘fact is’ people prefer to play how they play on EotM (The more fun, less serious way).

Same can be said for PvP, hotjoins, after they made it serious 5v5, theres a lot less servers and people playing playing them. Just isn’t fun anymore, which is what they want in a game.

Not some ‘Must defend’ ‘Must do this’ ‘Must do that’.

EotM is just a more fun style of WvW, hence why so many people play it. Also, because its most up to date(newest) map of WvW. Also, because its merged servers together so, don’t have to worry too much about being on an ‘’empty’ server.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Also, because its merged servers together so, don’t have to worry too much about being on an ‘’empty’ server.

This part is questionable, as sometimes you get to be outnumbered on blue or red if you didn’t joined right at the start of the round.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

I was surprised at the stark difference between a T1 wvw server and Kaineng, a bottom rung wvw server. I expected there to be a difference, but I was shocked at how completely different and better wvw is on a T1 server. Sure am glad I made the change!

And despite what some have said about T1 attitudes, I have found the people there to be very nice, so far.

Many have a bad taste for T1 based off the past. (When T1/T2/T3 could queue all maps.) A lot think T1 is nothing but queue’s, blobs, and angry people. Though in reality many things have changed. T1 now is lucky to Queue 1 map or even 2, while leaving the rest empty basically. I’ve seen BG/JQ/TC blob fights, and went and 5man capped an entire map during their fights, due to when the blobbing fights happen it’s normally because the perspective servers called all from the maps to 1 map either to attack or defend.

In the past T1, you had to have a good sized force on all 4 maps. Now T1 wvw, its 1 main force which bounces between maps, while leaving a havoc team on another map, and scouts to call if help is needed.

On topic though:
I do think servers should get some sort of merging for WvW, however I do not agree with “dead” servers being killed off, because even though people don’t WvW in those servers much, they have members. I do think free transfers may be nice for a bit, if nothing else but as a test to see what happens again. I mean you can’t say servers aren’t being stacked as is, because they are. However they aren’t being referred to as “stacked” or “stacking” because the majority of people going to specific servers are going based off the “fighting” aspect of WvW, and not the PPT so you don’t see the score varying as much as everyone used to. Then there are servers where all WvW’ers have mainly left, leaving some behind due to transfer costs and those left behind may get bored, and leave the game, ect…

Though in reality that’s nothing more than short term fixes. Long term would need to be tweaks to make WvW more rewarding than it currently is, and put the rewards on par with farming in PvE. To possibly get more players interested in WvW. WvW has very little in it beyond daily/titles that you can’t get somewhere else on GW2 currently.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

EotM is WvW, its the newest map introduced to WvW.

The developer simply makes something for the WvW community and its in the players hands.

Not my fault people don’t want a serious WvW.
If you want a serious WvW than start taking it serious, because you can do whatever you want on that map, not my fault people prefer to see who can take stuff faster than the other person.

You could do exactly what you do in EotM and put it into WvW and vice versa.

You assume WvW players want one thing, but they really want something like EotM.
None of you speak for everyone, the game speaks for itself, you could defend in EotM, but ‘fact is’ people prefer to play how they play on EotM (The more fun, less serious way).

Same can be said for PvP, hotjoins, after they made it serious 5v5, theres a lot less servers and people playing playing them. Just isn’t fun anymore, which is what they want in a game.

Not some ‘Must defend’ ‘Must do this’ ‘Must do that’.

EotM is just a more fun style of WvW, hence why so many people play it. Also, because its most up to date(newest) map of WvW. Also, because its merged servers together so, don’t have to worry too much about being on an ‘’empty’ server.

There are vast differences between WvW and EotM, and “more fun” is entirely a personally-subjective statement. I would hope you would know better than that. The fact that you didn’t realize until just recently how the entire place worked speaks volumes. Personally, I would rather drink bleach than play EotM, and that’s even when my own server is being destroyed in a matchup.

I don’t ever visit EotM for a “more fun” WvW experience. I do it to level alts, farm WXP and Karma, and that’s about it.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Free transfers destroyed our server.

Not much left to destroy, or how many healthy server in balanced matches do you see? But maybe a redistribution and reformation phase help. Also people to bored by their current server to play may be reactivated.

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Reactivated? They’re not friggin robots, yo.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Back to action. Admittedly easier with robots, just turn them on but also possible with humans (motivate them). I am not native English, but I think “reactivation of reservists” is a common phrase in English.

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Back to action. Admittedly easier with robots, just turn them on but also possible with humans (motivate them). I am not native English, but I think “reactivation of reservists” is a common phrase in English.

Only if they’re robotic sleeper agents with a cold-blooded desire to kill. Anyway, creating a free transfer situation is the easiest way to watch a bandwagon in action, and then watch it bleed all away as soon as they’ve had enough. HoD had map queues during S2 that were larger than T1, and now we’re lucky if we can field 40 on a push night. If you want to break a server, go ahead and make it a free transfer. Nobody will know who anyone else is, people will stack on just a few out of the many, and this will rotate every few months as folks look for action elsewhere. There would be just several servers that dominate all the others in each league every quarter year or so. Is that what you want?

in WvW

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

Personally I think the real solution is not to merge servers but to do the opposite: make the maps a bit smaller, decrease the max headcount per map and then split up the populated servers into smaller ones so that there are more servers with a lower population. This would decrease the population imbalance automatically plus there could be a most welcome fresh wind in the matches because you could expect to have more variance in the servers you meet during matches.

in WvW

uberkingkong.8041

You know how they made all the homecities and LA a megaserver. I really wish they didn’t do that and it was completely same server.

After finding that out too, I kind of feel like repping a server doesn’t mean much anymore, because its just a WvW claim.

I by all means happy and proud to be Jade Quarry but ever since everything got merged in the mega servers, it kinda defeated the server repping feeling.
I didn’t mind regular zones being merged into megaserver, but the cities too?

Makes you wonder, I heard that the all the servers appear to be high or full population. Yet. They feel empty or they had to result to merging the homecities and… LA the most populated zone. It makes no sense to merge the most popular zone when servers are appearing full or high.
Makes it seem that the server population is actually Low, Medium.

If anything all those inactive players make the servers appear high or full.

If theres only 3 instances of EotM, when they merge all the servers into 3 different categories. It shows the state of the population of the game. Because that’s the most popular form of WvW yet theres only 1-3 instances after merging ALL the servers into 3 categories.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

in WvW

Mishi.7058

I honestly think Anet needs to track the stats of which active accounts are still on servers number wise, and then also track which ones go into WvW, and which accounts do not go into wvw.

As for the idea of lowering the WvW map cap: no thanks.
The cap for WvW maps isn’t high, nor is it low. It is a happy medium. Plus you will be more likely to have people waiting in queue, while doing other things then you will to get people to leave a sever to go to another. Many players stay where they are at based off the friends they have made, and playing with their friends. Plus players have EOTM to kill time with anymore.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Fuzzion.2504

I honestly think Anet needs to track the stats of which active accounts are still on servers number wise, and then also track which ones go into WvW, and which accounts do not go into wvw.

One thing that Anet does well is track data. However since they have NCSOFT has their big boss, most of the data cannot be released to the public. Only general information will be released to the shareholders.

We as consumers will get nothing unless Collins says so.

However, my spider senses tell me that they will introduce “alliances” for wvw to act as though its a new item (like changing the color tags of commanders) and brag about it in the srping release pack of 2015 and make a big deal out of it.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in WvW

Mishi.7058

One thing that Anet does well is track data. However since they have NCSOFT has their big boss, most of the data cannot be released to the public. Only general information will be released to the shareholders.

We as consumers will get nothing unless Collins says so.

However, my spider senses tell me that they will introduce “alliances” for wvw to act as though its a new item (like changing the color tags of commanders) and brag about it in the srping release pack of 2015 and make a big deal out of it.

I hope that Anet doesn’t think any kind of Alliance system would be something new.
Then again maybe that’s 2 years away? Kind of like the color commander tags from mention to implementation.

I’d love to see Anet host a WvW Q&A session once every few months. (Realistically I doubt itll happen though.)

Commander Silvannas

in WvW

Posted by: Zordon.8237

Zordon.8237

What about free transfers to the worst servers in bronze? I hope this may help balance population somehow…

in WvW

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

I would like to see a serious attempt at adopt a dev, with devs attempting to go to all the servers, over a period of months, including the undermanned ones, and then coming back and giving honest feedback, of the good, the bad and the ugly. At least that way they can see for themselves what is happening, because honestly, I don’t think they have a clue what it is like at the moment.

(edited by Shadey Dancer.2907)

in WvW

Posted by: Kungsmurfen.2861

Kungsmurfen.2861

I’m not sure what needs to be done but this needs to be fixed. UW is currently even worse than usual with almost no one playing and it’s come to the point that I’m telling new players how they can change server for a better one because I don’t want them to get stuck here. And if they get stuck here they’ll just stop playing after a few weeks because there’s no one playing. Anet is losing both new and old players on doing nothing and need to start doing something.

A merger of a few of the lower ranked servers might be necessary. This is short sighted and is not really a fix, I know. But at least you will be able to see someone when you go into wvw and new players will have fewer servers to chose from which will hopefully lead to all servers getting a little more of the new players than they would when there were 27 servers.

At least for EU I know that UW, Vabbi and FoW got a very low wvw population. BT got horrible coverage even though they have quite alot of people(for playing against UW and FoW) and WSR/DZ seems to be doing ok atm but won’t have much of a chance against the servers higher ranked than them.

Maybe these server could be merged into higher ranked servers so UW or FoW + RoF, DZ + Miller, Vabbi + RoS, WSR + BT + FoW or UW (and maybe Aborstone + FR?) The problem with this is of course that a few of the merged servers might be stacked and crush servers that weren’t merged as AG or GH and there’s no guarantee of people not leaving the new server making it another wasteland.

(^This is just an example of how it could be done and in no way am I saying it should be just like this or involving this many servers.)

As I said I don’t have the perfect solution but Anet needs to do something.

Underworld – [ZERK]

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

The populations are so bad in the lower tiers that a rank 10 can easily out populate a rank 11 by hundreds of players in a given night.

in WvW

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

T8 and T9 are way to empty now. Close the servers and give everyone there a free transfer. Most dedicated WvW players already left those servers anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Sogradde.8016

Sogradde.8016

ANet ruined our server with their stupid system. We don’t have many WvW guilds left but we cannot acquire new guilds since we’re a high population server according to the gem price. This is thanks to all the PvE casuals who don’t want to and don’t have to leave the server due to megaserver shenanigans.

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold