Tired of Stealth

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Caius.8094

Caius.8094

Other than players that use the ANET design, am I the only player that thinks attacking while stealth’d and staying stealth’d is stupid? GW2 is the only MMO where someone can attack from stealth, go back to stealth or stay in it due to kitten poor programing and exploits… do the dev’s even know this.. do they even play anymore?

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

1. Is it bad programming tho?
2. Yes they play. They play all of the game modes
3. Right now stealths prtty balanced. It’s been worse.

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Stealth in this game is probably one of the worse ever implemented into a mmo, they built a class to function entirely around it. It’s not like, well you use it to get around, or just for your opener, or just for getting way, nope, it’s built to be spammable from start to finish in a fight on top of which it’s even on hard hitting skills like cloak and dagger, why the hell is stealth used as an attack?

It’s never going to be “fixed” because they built thieves entirely around it, you tweak it too much and you’ll probably break that class, for other classes like ranger/druid, mesmer, engineers it’s optional to their play.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

With all the dodges Thief got from daredevil, I wonder if they still need that severe reliance on stealth that everyone says they have.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

The troll thief build out is stupid but, other than that, stealth isn’t really in a terrible place atm imo. Maybe stealth on bunkers can be a bit crazy…including condi builds.

It is a bit annoying to know playing full DPS will probably mean the possibility of getting practically 1 shot from stealth. Thing is if you play thief you’re used to that anyway. Most of my kills on thief were probably other thieves.

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

i think its fine on just thieves. I hate how its on so many other classes though. And honestly I find it overpowered on other classes outside of thieves. It should be thief specific so it can be properly balanced and regulated. If you share an overpowered concept to other classes it makes balance next to impossible.

And yes it is ‘optional’ for other classes. But stealth is meta, because its the best defense and the best offense in this game…..since a whole class is designed to function around it. The other classes happen to be covered and powerful enough already….so when you give them this ‘option’ as well without compromising their existing strengths its really just an invitation for disaster.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Stealth is poorly implemented in this game. There’s little to no penalty to camping it outside not attacking, it completely drops target lock and gives you every advantage to run or get the first hit/hits in.

It’s no surprise that some of the most hated builds in GW2 roaming all have good stealth access. In a game where over half your skills can be dependant on being able to see a target to use then stealth as it is cannot be said to be balanced.

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

With all the dodges Thief got from daredevil, I wonder if they still need that severe reliance on stealth that everyone says they have.

what dodges? you do realise that we only have 1 head start dodge and after that we back on the same amount of dodges as you, and after like minute long fight that 3rd /extra dodge wasn’t even noticed. things like signet of agility and the boon vigor its what give’s us more endurance which as been in the game since day 1. we still use stealth because of all of the automatic passive defence#‘s the other 7 class’s have (excluding reaper)

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Without stealth, certain classes take way too much damage due to scaling differences.

Stealth is mainly powerful for the target breaking. However, if you understand the class and can use the tab key the problem isn’t as big as you might imagine. The hardest to deal with is probably mesmers who have lots of clones, so even a little popping in and out of stealth will provide a lot of single target mitigation. That said, if it didn’t provide this defensive advantage, the classes built around it have a tough time surviving. So, I don’t think messing with the target break is a good idea.

The issue with single target only can technically be fixed with action camera….but I agree it isn’t that great of a work around. The only real option against opponents in stealth is cleave…and that assumes you brought/could bring a weapon with cleave on it. AoE is king of countering stealth because generally there isn’t a huge duration on stealth. Those thieves taking Shadow Refuge can have longer uptime, but that is generally use for escape rather than camping stealth.

And I will echo the point made by FatDisgrace, that vigor is the primary reason, and not Daredevil itself. And as I pointed out above, a thief can have very low HP relative to other classes. When you get hit by a druid/ranger or by a DH, or by a rifle Warrior/zerker without stealth you generally lose between 50-100% of your hp in about 6 seconds. Dodges don’t last very long, and a well timed hit can be very deadly if combined with a stun, etc.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

sounds like someone is mad because thieves keep getting away or are burst you down.
dude, we all understand your frustration. i even felt the same back before HoT when i was mainly warrior and teefs would run away. if not, they would stealth forever and slowly but surely they would take me out.

since of this summer ive been playing thief because if you cant beat them, you might as well join them. and, let me tell you. boy, oh boy! at first it was a nightmare, i was horrible at it. i would hop back onto my warrior and they would still shut me down. i didnt get it! but with practice ive gotten the hang of it.

however, i dont think stealth is poor nor is one of the worse implementation into the MMO market. i find it unique, well the whole entire game is nothing like the other mmos.
thats why its been rated top 5 since release according to http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/show/all/sCol/rankHype/sOrder/desc

but to push your buttons, check out this video of me vs this very heavy stealth thief who almost beat me. i even think he over did it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcEw71ATdpk

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

(edited by darkaheart.4265)

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

what dodges? you do realise that we only have 1 head start dodge and after that we back on the same amount of dodges as you

Fat – that might have been the dumbest thing I’ve read today. Only 1 more dodge than everyone else? Riiiiiight.

1) Endless Staminia – Hard to Catch – Feline Grace.
2) Brawlers’ Tenacity – Endurance Thief
3) Channeled Vigor -

That is all you need to pretty much be able to spam dodge and evades (initiative based skills).

Add some stealth to it via Pistol off hand and GG.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

Other than players that use the ANET design, am I the only player that thinks attacking while stealth’d and staying stealth’d is stupid? GW2 is the only MMO where someone can attack from stealth, go back to stealth or stay in it due to kitten poor programing and exploits… do the dev’s even know this.. do they even play anymore?

what is the sense of this post ? are u tired of being ganged by thieves in other words ? i don’t play thief but i don’t see them as a great problem .

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

what dodges? you do realise that we only have 1 head start dodge and after that we back on the same amount of dodges as you

Fat – that might have been the dumbest thing I’ve read today. Only 1 more dodge than everyone else? Riiiiiight.

3) Channeled Vigor -

That is all you need to pretty much be able to spam dodge and evades (initiative based skills).

yea ok, fair point about acro tree but who even runs acro and dd line, where is your dmg? you can’t hurt anyone (unless you go condi)

20 endurance is nothing although the heal skill channaled vigor is pretty strong.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

3) Channeled Vigor -

yea ok, fair point about acro tree but who even runs acro and dd line, where is your dmg? you can’t hurt anyone (unless you go condi)

20 endurance is nothing although the heal skill channaled vigor is pretty strong.

Acro and DD is legit in WvW. Staff, D/D, S/D, and even D/P can own on it. In fact power based dual daggers is insane running it.

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Acro and Daredevil is excellent in WvW. Spec Havoc/Staff and you’ve got more damage coming from Daredevil than DA in most cases. Then you’ve still got cleansing options available via Acro and Signet of Agility, and many run generosity/purity on shortbow.

CV and BD are enough to make Daredevil have access to way more defenses than just an extra dodge every 10s/once on engage.

The problem is Daredevil will never be not be used because it’s so strong by design and implementation relative to the core thief and its capabilities. It effectively fills all build holes in the core thief’s design. It offers substantial damage, condition cleansing, evasion, mobility, stealth access, blocks, and CC. A nerf to stealth nerfs every non-daredevil out there (and stealth is mostly a problem on professions which it wasn’t designed around or due to problem gear interactions/implementations like D/P Bound Trapper), and likely all subsequent elites, and I think it’s safe to say that core thief is at the bottom of the food chain right now by a fair margin.

I don’t have any issues with stealth. I have issues with many effects that stealth brings. You should never be rewarded for camping it on anything, such as a thief taking SA with Rejuv (and once permanent 10-14 might before they removed said trait), defensive boons on PU with the mesmer, disengage + ranged advantage on ranger (and superspeed on CS druid), and major bombs/CC/AoE’s/gyros from a scrapper.

Like boons, stealth accessibility needs to be limited and very difficult to stack and with clear sacrifices in order to be balanced. We’re not seeing this on anything in either boons or stealth, and it’s creating a lot of unnecessary hate that won’t be resolved until major revisions to these mechanics are performed.

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The fact that you lose target (see targetting thread) when a character goes into stealth (a bug, perhaps?) makes it even more ridiculous.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

The fact that you lose target (see targetting thread) when a character goes into stealth (a bug, perhaps?) makes it even more ridiculous.

If you didn’t lose target, there would be no benefit in having it.

If you can’t predict enemy movements or you’re building in a way that’s so hyper-combo that it demands vision all the time in order to function, the problem is pretty much on your end. Most single-target/targeted abilities track stealth if casted before the target disappears, and the stealthed target is still vulnerable to hitboxes, even on single-target abilities (like backstab), and can thus be killed even if invisible and untargeted if outplayed.

For example, if you cast Killshot on a target just before they go into stealth, you’ll still hit them despite shooting close to 3s later and not having a target, provided they stay in range and do not cycle 180 degrees behind you (which would cause KS to miss, anyways, stealth or not)

Most of the time, people struggling against stealth simply are not familiar with it. Play a thief (and do this for a while against a plethora of skilled opponents), and you’ll soon realize it’s not as strong as you think.

It’s only only out of hand when other defenses start being used in conjunction with it, like durability runes, blocks, etc.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

well thats odd. very rarely do i see acro and dd in wvw. 90% of the thives i come across consist’s of shadow arts or deadly arts or sometimes CS line. but they always run DD and trickery.

(edited by Fat Disgrace.4275)

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

stealth thief, stealth memser, stealth engineer, stealth dragon hunter, stealth durid, stealth blast, and the only class that can uncloak stealth is herald.

nice balance.

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

stealth dragon hunter

What?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

stealth dragon hunter

What?

I think he is talking about trapper runes on DH.

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

stealth thief, stealth memser, stealth engineer, stealth dragon hunter, stealth durid, stealth blast, and the only class that can uncloak stealth is herald.

nice balance.

Let’s not forget Engie can reveal, DH can reveal, Druid can reveal, oh and thieves self reveal so there is that…… more than just herald can reveal stealth.

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

hypehype.9047

sounds like someone is mad because thieves keep getting away or are burst you down.
dude, we all understand your frustration. i even felt the same back before HoT when i was mainly warrior and teefs would run away. if not, they would stealth forever and slowly but surely they would take me out.

since of this summer ive been playing thief because if you cant beat them, you might as well join them. and, let me tell you. boy, oh boy! at first it was a nightmare, i was horrible at it. i would hop back onto my warrior and they would still shut me down. i didnt get it! but with practice ive gotten the hang of it.

however, i dont think stealth is poor nor is one of the worse implementation into the MMO market. i find it unique, well the whole entire game is nothing like the other mmos.
thats why its been rated top 5 since release according to http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/show/all/sCol/rankHype/sOrder/desc

but to push your buttons, check out this video of me vs this very heavy stealth thief who almost beat me. i even think he over did it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcEw71ATdpk

lol there is no skill to playing thief not now anyway after the release of HOT,
all you have to do is stack lead attacks+assassin’s signet+stealth backstab 10-15K if that fails then you doge doge doge pistol dagger stealth then run away till you skills come of cool down and repeat.

edit: lol i did not even watch your video before i made my post, but you proved my point, what a borning fight.

(edited by hypehype.9047)

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: cyberzombie.7348

cyberzombie.7348

the only class that can uncloak stealth is herald.

Engineer and dragonhunter also has reveal. The stealth gyro toolbelt, analyze, lock on, and lights judgement. Taunts can break ppl out of stealth as well.

What good is a medic w/o a patient?

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

hypehype.9047

stealth dragon hunter

What?

Superior Rune of the Trapper

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

hypehype.9047

Engineer and dragonhunter also has reveal. The stealth gyro toolbelt, analyze, lock on, and lights judgement. Taunts can break ppl out of stealth as well.

no guardian is going to use that skill in wvw and engineers are too gimmicky

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Too gimmicky?

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

hypehype.9047

Too gimmicky?

they cant kill anything in wvw

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: cyberzombie.7348

cyberzombie.7348

As I can’t speak for guardians, I find revealing enemies easy using lock-on with flamethrower then analyze to extend the duration.

What good is a medic w/o a patient?

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Too gimmicky?

they cant kill anything in wvw

Ummmmm…….. sure…

LGN

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I don’t think stealth is really utilized that much anymore tbh. It seems like dodges is the new cool thing to do.
I main necro, so I instantly hate all thiefs for their stealth, dodges, and cool scarfs and kinky gear they get to sport.

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

Being able to fight while stealthed is silly. And the main counter being a item you have buy and use 10 supply to actually use. Like I want to go into my inventory and run supply to counter stealth.

I guess they were going for some kind of “behind enemy lines” strategy game. It didn’t work and whoever designed it is probably at Amazon games by now.

JQ subsidiary

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: JahCool.3812

JahCool.3812

I suggest you put in yourself in the position of the thief before you complain. Do you know how much nerf they got. Btw i despise ghost condi thieves they make me want to vomit but they are easily countered. I suggest if you are really having a bad time thieves then try making one. Once again for all of here who says thief is OP and very easy to play then try to play as thief if you can. In short this is a l2p issue.

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

and the only class that can uncloak stealth is herald.

nice balance.

Rangers can, druids can, engineers can, scrapper can.

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Jana.6831

Being able to fight while stealthed is silly. And the main counter being a item you have buy and use 10 supply to actually use. Like I want to go into my inventory and run supply to counter stealth.

I guess they were going for some kind of “behind enemy lines” strategy game. It didn’t work and whoever designed it is probably at Amazon games by now.

Actually the guys who designed this game thought the players would be smarter.
They might be designing different games by now as those who are now responsible for “balance” design it for brain dead facerollers.

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

displayname.8315

^
So they designed stealth expecting people to use the honor system? That’s just bad design then. That stealth disrupter is a joke too, I get why stealth needs countered in WvW but that’s a bad solution.

JQ subsidiary

(edited by displayname.8315)

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

displayname.8315

nice balance.

Thats not acceptable. Those classes are weak in WvW, only really good for 1v1 sniping or full mobility troll builds. Maybe scrapper but I’m not buying HoT as a WvW exclusive player.

JQ subsidiary

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Jana.6831

What’s the honor system?
But like JahCool said: Roll a thief – I mean I wanted to delete all 3 chars I had so far when I created mine but went on to create every class to learn how to kill them. For some reason people think they don’t have to do that when complaining about thieves, they rather say that “stealth traps are their only option booohoo”.

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Jana.6831

nice balance.

Thats not acceptable. Those classes are weak in WvW, only really good for 1v1 sniping or full mobility troll builds. Maybe scrapper but I’m not buying HoT as a WvW exclusive player.

Did you just start to play this game? You’re calling some of the most OP classes weak?

ETA: I’m honestly a bit annoyed by the ignorance in this thread, so I’ll be out after this post but:
All Elite specs are overpowered – you’re having a hard time as a non elite against no matter what class. Demanding more “unstealth skills” doesn’t help this game one bit.

(edited by Jana.6831)

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

nice balance.

Did you just start to play this game? You’re calling some of the most OP classes weak?

ETA: I’m honestly a bit annoyed by the ignorance in this thread, so I’ll be out after this post but:
All Elite specs are overpowered – you’re having a hard time as a non elite against no matter what class. Demanding more “unstealth skills” doesn’t help this game one bit.

@Jana countering thieves doesn’t make them OP

@Displayname Yes those classes are more effective in small scale WvW…. but that is also where thieves are dangerous. A zerg doesn’t need a way to proc reveal so your comment makes no sense.

LGN

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Lauri.1342

Lauri.1342

Stealth is poorly implemented in this game. There’s little to no penalty to camping it outside not attacking, it completely drops target lock and gives you every advantage to run or get the first hit/hits in.

It’s no surprise that some of the most hated builds in GW2 roaming all have good stealth access. In a game where over half your skills can be dependant on being able to see a target to use then stealth as it is cannot be said to be balanced.

So true. Losing thief as target is most annoying.

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Zero.6592

Zero.6592

Generally a thief in stealth takes just as much damage when hit. All you have to do is read what your opponent is planning. Play around with a stealth-heavy thief yourself for a while, and you will learn to time your dodges and attacks such that you hurt him much more than he hurts you.

But this goes for any profession. If you want to get better at countering them, play them yourself.

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I will never understand why anyone thought it was good idea to let players go invisible in a competitive gamemode…

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

JahCool.3812

It’s also like this. Because of all the power creep classes in HoT almost all of them can melt a thief in a few seconds. Stealth and dodges are your most important tools to prevent melting of course every thief will use those tools every chance they get. Do not expect them to just stand there and give you easy kills. Example is this. If you are a revenant are you not gonna spam sword 2 every chance you get? If you take away stealth for thieves then let just anet delete the class. As if all the nerfs they got isnt enough. And i bet anet is actually believing all this QQ about thieves being OP cause of guys who cant, once again, l2p against thieves

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

It’s also like this. Because of all the power creep classes in HoT almost all of them can melt a thief in a few seconds. Stealth and dodges are your most important tools to prevent melting of course every thief will use those tools every chance they get. Do not expect them to just stand there and give you easy kills. Example is this. If you are a revenant are you not gonna spam sword 2 every chance you get? If you take away stealth for thieves then let just anet delete the class. As if all the nerfs they got isnt enough. And i bet anet is actually believing all this QQ about thieves being OP cause of guys who cant, once again, l2p against thieves

I’d have no problem if they just deleted the thiefs as a class. It’s a very badly implemented class with zero penalty whilst in stealth and zero penalty for reveal. If ‘stealth’ actually meant you had to sneak around to not be detected then great. And the classic thief response of ‘wave your weapon around and hope to contact’ whilst they await cooldowns and pop back out at full HP to have another go with their macro whilst your defences are all still on cooldown or you’re still regaining HP from the last macro having blown your main heal on the 15k damage from the first one…

Personally I find thiefs annoying just because they can pop in and out of stealth at will, plus dodge like it’s going out of fashion when you can see them, whilst moving around like a pinball.

Not many can kill me unless they bring friends (which they usually do) or get really lucky on their first macro when I’m not paying attention as i tend to run quite tanky support builds in wvw, but the whole stealth mechanic plays wrong for me. There should be a penalty in the form of slower movement speed so stealth= sneak or be noticed.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

JahCool.3812

I’d have no problem if they just deleted the thiefs as a class. It’s a very badly implemented class with zero penalty whilst in stealth and zero penalty for reveal. If ‘stealth’ actually meant you had to sneak around to not be detected then great. And the classic thief response of ‘wave your weapon around and hope to contact’ whilst they await cooldowns and pop back out at full HP to have another go with their macro whilst your defences are all still on cooldown or you’re still regaining HP from the last macro having blown your main heal on the 15k damage from the first one…

Personally I find thiefs annoying just because they can pop in and out of stealth at will, plus dodge like it’s going out of fashion when you can see them, whilst moving around like a pinball.

Not many can kill me unless they bring friends (which they usually do) or get really lucky on their first macro when I’m not paying attention as i tend to run quite tanky support builds in wvw, but the whole stealth mechanic plays wrong for me. There should be a penalty in the form of slower movement speed so stealth= sneak or be noticed.

Omg. I hope you’re just trolling bro. Cause if you’re not then you’re hopeless. Good luck. May Dwayna bless you.

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Warrior…. mobility, good damage, good sustain, resistance, stability pulse.

Stealth is fine.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Omg. I hope you’re just trolling bro. Cause if you’re not then you’re hopeless. Good luck. May Dwayna bless you.

Not hopeless, if you read my post you’ll see they don’t cause me much of an issue on their own against my non-solo builds.

It’s just in an ideal world I’d remove the class or totally rework the cheese oops I mean stealth mechanic to have benefits AND costs.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Baldrick.8967, maybe they need to get of stealth if hitted by something, still there are someskills that will track thief on stealth so that would be broken to.

There are alot of borked stuff in the game, that hardly if not impossible to get fixed.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Tired of Stealth

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

Not hopeless, if you read my post you’ll see they don’t cause me much of an issue on their own against my non-solo builds.

It’s just in an ideal world I’d remove the class or totally rework the cheese oops I mean stealth mechanic to have benefits AND costs.

Seeing how they don’t have any actual sustain that’s a big cost for having stealth and being designed around it as well as having dump over 2/3 of their Initiative to even get into 3 seconds of stealth, while other classes that have more than enough sustain get stealth almost as easily, like Mesmer, Druid and Engie. Also if the Thief is out of combat more than likely you are out of combat as well so there is that.

It just sounds like you need to l2p against thieves. Want to know what’s cheesier than stealth? Passive defenses that carry a lot of the classes ingame currently.

He only cheesy stealth build currently is the ghost thief it shouldn’t exist but it does and if you die to that it really is a l2p unless it’s two or three of them.