Titan Alliance

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Phara Miu.2816

Phara Miu.2816

What TA forgets is that you also had people who where on the server before you came here…
You also brought many bandwagon scrubs…
Now that you leave we are left with a scattered community…

Its hard to predict what will happen with HoD now, but one thing is sure HoD will never be HoD again.

Dont blame you for this, but you attracted alot of those transfer to best WvW server and we can only hope they leave with you.

But not only TA is leaving all the Millitia including me are not staying as there are way to many idiots with commander thinking they know what to do wile in reality they just zerg around like chickins without a head looking for a easy ride for karka / exp or whatever rolls their boat.

But still we wanne thank you for your assistance of making HoD #1 for 1 few weeks, but kitten now you guys leave the whole server is one big mess and many aint staying to clean this kitten up.

Server HoD = destroyed

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

we cant win.

we get kittenon for being too dominant.
we split up so that the competition gets evened out despite out best interests, and still get chewed out.

you kents will never be happy eh?

It’s claiming the 30-0 record as being reflective of a fair, balanced system. That’s what is getting people. Especially with balance still in flux. That 30-0 record needs an asterisk next to it. Like how many of those were just 24 hour matches, and none of them were two week matches.

How many of those were with 5min tallies, how many were the result of abusing arrow carts in stonemist, or abusing the late night patch resets during 24 hour matches.

The week long matches, I can concede were deserved. During NA primtime HoD was competitive, and fell when 2v1’ed. However the wins all came from the EU guild / players who were able to take back everything post-oceanic primetime. They came before anyone could match the 24 hour coverage, and truly be a real competition for HoD.

Claiming victory before balance is achieved, that’s what’s getting TA beat up. Like the guys that abuse raids or leveling for world firsts… just aint right.

The only important question at the moment is what’s happening with that “one EU TA guild”?

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

What? TA was on HoD from the very minute the game went live… And we’re not leaving. Just not fighting under TA colours anymore :P

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Stormcycle.4208

Stormcycle.4208

Anvil Rock needs you!

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Raptor.9863

Raptor.9863

I called Condemned quitting early well before the game launched, but I’m surprised TA could not survive without Condemned.

While I think the redistribution of the Guilds is a great thing the declarations of being undefeated is laughable. They often chastise other servers for quitting early in a week, but then they themselves quit before the game actually balances out, majority of players get to 80 and get comfortble with their gear/classes. Alliances get to form and catch up.

You know what was going to change in two week match ups? The 2nd weekend. Something to fight through the week for.

And saying you only had “one” euro guild. That’s enough. I mean honestly one group of players running around in the wee hours of the morning is enough to cap everything and upgrade everything.

Sure NA Primetime HoD was competitive, but were beaten. I often remember on Red Borderlands vs HoD they often only owned just one keep during 24 hour match ups, and often won because of mechanics/reset abuse of stonemist. (which actually caused stonemist to be corrected)

Just as other servers are catching up to actually be competition for HoD, the major alliance folds.

Not surprised at all with Condemned being involved.

14/16 guilds are staying in the game so I would hardly call that quitting. As for them getting beat prime time, that can happen when you are getting focus fired. I’m at work on my iPhone so forgive me for not being able to provide a link to the thread where the SBI player admitted to this. I know this can’t be used as evidence but I don’t care and will mention it anyways. I personally have have heard from friends on ET that there was focus fire going on. I’m not saying it was wrong because that’s what the 3 faction system is about. All I’m saying is at least be real about it.

As for them chastising certain guilds for giving up, well maybe it’s because they want some competition. They are clearly not getting it right now so they are spreading out to even the battles. They stuck with it for the longest despite their queues unlike some. It’s actually quiet hypocritical that some people are briefing them about this when they ran from their queues after their first loss.

Oh yeah fyi, a second weekend would also add a second set of weekdays.

Raptor – Human Guardian
Northern Shiverpeakes

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Gankfest.4965

Gankfest.4965

I keep hearing about other servers catching up, still yet to see it.

You should try looking outside the bubble. :P

we cant win.

we get kittenon for being too dominant.
we split up so that the competition gets evened out despite out best interests, and still get chewed out.

you kents will never be happy eh?

Na… It’s just you tried to play the undefeated card a month after release. That was just a bad way to go out on your part; you can’t say you’re undefeated before the competition ends.

And so am I. They dominated and based on what some of my friends on JQ and ET told me, that was not going to change anytime soon. We’ll just have to agree to disagree on this. The most important thing here is that they are spreading out. This is good for the NA servers. I’m hoping this causes a domino effect and we get server balance reaching further than tier 2. Yeah I’m glass is half full kinda guy. Cheers.

Na… It’s more like a gaming community has standards, and those standards are finishing a competition undefeated before claiming the title. You don’t just get to walk in and take the title because you’re a half full kinda guy.

Gankfest™ ~ <PRX> ~ JQ
80 ~ Thief/Guardian

(edited by Gankfest.4965)

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: GavinGoodrich.1382

GavinGoodrich.1382

Anvil Rock needs you!

Yep. Lots of open space. We barely reach a qeue in peak times, and that’s typically on one map. Post-reset it’s full all around, but who isn’t?

Anyway, as long as the leaders that would come to anvil aren’t egotistical kitten nozzles that think the world revolves around “their” strategy, we’d love to have ya and work with ya!

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Gankfest.4965

Gankfest.4965

30 wins, 0 losses. UN-DE-FEAT-ED! Whether you like us using the term or not HoD is undefeated, can you deny that?

Yes, you quit before the season was over. That’s like playing 10 games in Arena and quitting and saying we’re undefeated.

And no I don’t care about the state of the game and how you feel it’s unfair,

It’s not how I feel, it’s just the facts.

just answer me, what do you call a team when they haven’t been defeated?

A team that quit before the season was over.

Gankfest™ ~ <PRX> ~ JQ
80 ~ Thief/Guardian

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Houdii.2563

Houdii.2563

Yes, you quit before the season was over. That’s like playing 10 games in Arena and quitting and saying we’re undefeated.

If you won 10 of those 10 games you were undefeated by definition.

It’s not how I feel, it’s just the facts.

We’ve done nothing outside the rules and what’s allowed by ANet. You not wanting to agree with it, doesn’t make it fact.

A team that quit before the season was over.

Once again you disagreeing with how we use the word doesn’t change the definition of the word.

Houdii Hoo
[KoS]
SBI

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: SKYeXile.2716

SKYeXile.2716

I thought team legacy already quit and are just playing for fun now, why they be in my thread?

Xile | TRF – GM | [AU] Trf-guild.com – Now Recruiting.

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: TevinC.1472

TevinC.1472

On a scale of 1 to Leeroy Jenkins, how big is yall’s e – peen right now?

Liana Lawson
Guardians of Valinor [Elf]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Prometeu.7209

Prometeu.7209

Always sad to see guilds or alliances disband but claiming that you achieved what you set out to do 5 weeks after the game has been launched while there are still plenty of players not level 80 yet it makes me wonder if GW2 is such a bad game or you guys had really low aims.

IMO it will probably be another 2 months or so until the WvW will actually become a challenge across the board once most people will get a gripe of what is all about and queues will drop to a manage-able extent.

Anyway I wish you all the best and really hope most of you will continue to find the pleasure in the WvW of GW2 as there is nothing like a strong opponent or ally

/salute

Lt. Prometeu
Crimson Order Co
KDS High Command
DEYS Field Commander

Lt. Prometeu
KDS High Command
Field Commander of DEYS Alliance

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Derek.9254

Derek.9254

as stated before most of the guilds in TA are staying on HoD I honestly dont know what you guys are flaming on about.

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: epicsmooth.7825

epicsmooth.7825

If you won 10 of those 10 games you were undefeated by definition.

Once again you disagreeing with how we use the word doesn’t change the definition of the word.

Grasping kinda hard….are we not?

We’ve done nothing outside the rules and what’s allowed by ANet. You not wanting to agree with it, doesn’t make it fact.

Not from what I have seen.

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

as stated before most of the guilds in TA are staying on HoD I honestly dont know what you guys are flaming on about.

9/16 are moving to Blackgate according to some posts on Guru. The alliance is being disbanded.

What gets me is how was this alliance being ran that so many of you are being caught off guard by this?

You didn’t have any kind of council, or did most of you just do what you were told? Doesn’t seem like this was even discussed with anyone.

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Heavyhitta.3719

Heavyhitta.3719

LOL. This is one of the lamest OP posts I’ve seen in 15 years of online game. One month old game. “We win the game, we’re moving on”. I have nothing other then LOL. GGs, HF, GL.

A bit like the LoTd in Darkfall amirite?
You would see common ground in that post surely.

At least there’s no coaching baseball in this post!

(edited by Heavyhitta.3719)

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

You trust any random person trolling on Guru for your info on where the TA guilds are going? Good for you I guess.

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Estus.1726

Estus.1726

First off, I think HoD accomplishments were fairly impressive. Congradulations to all parties involved.

I hope that HoD doesn’t throw out the baby with the bath water however. It will not be good for the game if the server sinks to oblivion either.

[RE] Isendale – Tarnished Coast
“Did you see that? Tell me you saw that!”

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Blrrgh.6908

Blrrgh.6908

This was bound to happen. WvW will continue. No need to for anyone to praise or chastise Titan Alliance, they can think whatever they want. Thread should be closed, the OP made his statement and now it has degenerated into name calling or fawning depending on the poster. Good luck all, but Isle of Janthir is on its way to the top!

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Hix.8925

Hix.8925

I can see why people are saying TA are upset about the chest pounding since other servers are just now catching up on the meta (24/7 full queues) and just as their numbers are starting to solidify, TA is claiming victory and leaving. Reminds me of the old Simpsons episode when Bart was beating Homer in the boxing video game, and the second Bart realized Homer would soon surpass him, Bart retired undefeated.

But on the other hand TA is the one that saw the huge flaw in Anet’s design and exploited it the best, far better than any other alliance, and so they definitely deserve credit for defining the meta.

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Mouse.3271

Mouse.3271

I have plenty of respect for the goals that Titan set out to achieve and felt they did achieve in their dominance in the first month of WvW matches. Asterisk or not, they did happen. Some props have to be given for that. I had plenty of fun killing and being killed by them.

That being said, when you examine the context of this happening, things get interesting. Lots of people have pointed out that the intended WvW match length hadn’t been set yet. And while TA was probably considering splitting up to deal with what they felt was a queue issue, it probably didn’t help that at least one guild in the alliance apparently decided to leave. Unless you’re in TA, we have no idea how internal discussions went, but outside observation leads me to believe that didn’t help any line of argument to stay together.

I’m more a reader than a poster here, but I do know that whenever people would complain about Titan, one response that I always saw from TA people was “we can do it, you can do it too”. This may be true, but I also think Titan wasn’t ignorant of the fact that other alliances would be slower to the punch. Titan also made a mistake – they picked up some of the most dedicated hardcore guilds and put them all in one place, decreasing the likelihood that another hardcore alliance would rise to challenge them. In lieu of this are servers who either have less of a hardcore alliance presence or who have communities that are organically, not militaristically, bringing their organization together.

If Titan would have been patient, they would have eventually gotten the competition they wanted – even if they would have also eventually lost. That’s not trash talk, that’s just an inevitability given that all good things come to an end and the increasing skill of other servers’ organization. It is unfortunate that the current iteration of the Titan Alliance did not give other servers a chance to really dig in and defeat them.

Honestly? My annoyance is not directed at Titan, but at those guilds or leadership that apparently decided one month into an MMO release that they weren’t getting what they wanted, and leaving entirely. MMO tourism is really destructive to the genre, because there is a growing subset of people who claim they are holding games to a higher standard when in fact they aren’t giving a developer time to adapt to the LIVE playing environment, which you CANNOT test for, no matter how many BWE’s you have. There’s no testing how play systems work in live, and they always need to be adjusted 1, 3, 6 months down the line. I’ll get off my soapbox on that now, except to say to the early quitters that while it’s their choice, they are not doing the game a service by leaving.

The most important goal that Titan Alliance achieved, honestly, is not anything that the OP stated. It’s giving ANet a scenario and set of circumstances that will help give them feedback to make the WvW system better – such as really thinking about non-linear and more dynamic scoring, and fixes and changes to system mechanics that could have only been exposed by hardcore players. That’s the ultimate legacy TA will leave behind, even though very few will realize or appreciate it.

(edited by Mouse.3271)

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: SirWilliam.6937

SirWilliam.6937

The bottom line is nightcapping works and at this point wvw means nothing except who can play the most during non North American primetime. The system is what it is.
If you are a scoreboard watcher just transfer to a European Server along with 150 of your closest friends and you can be guild wars 2 server champion too! (you can always transfer back in a month and proclaim victory lol)

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Binafus.8153

Binafus.8153

30 – 0 if you can not beat us on the battle field least try to beat us on the forums.

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Zagz.6402

Zagz.6402

30-0 sure does sound a lot better then undefeated the first month of a games release then disbanding right then…. doesn’t it. Maybe if you guys had continued to be undefeated months and months into the game people would care…

As it stands TA spent more time forming their alliance then their alliance actually lasted in the game.

[Tempest Wolves]

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Teulux.6732

Teulux.6732

All I see from TA is:

“Hia guiz we zerged you and won, clearly we are the best players ever!’

Zerg is a Zerg. You have no skill you only have numbers. Simple as that.

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

I guess gratz on “dominating” 3 servers? Let’s see you played who in the 1 week matchups JQ, SBI, ET

The health of the game? that was a pretty good one. 95% of the people couldnt care less what you 24/7 zerg alliance did

Just make sure a bunch of you stay intact, which you will, because if in fact you break up youre going to find that you as guilds will make little to no impact by yourselves

I’m not demeaning the fact that you put together a 24/7 alliance cause that is really all you did.
In this post yourself people post that alot of you arent even playing due to queues and that random commander are leading the server.
You havent even seen 95% of the servers
But you picked a good time though. Servers are actually starting to get it. Are actually getting organized and getting their coverages taken care of

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: rook.4625

rook.4625

TA is/was a dominant force. It is evident. You want them to keep fighting for six months, yet the game has already peaked. That’s all I’ll contribute here, as I feel obligated to post.

Oh yeah, their name isn’t going anywhere. In fact, it will live on as long as this discussion resumes. Catch 22 for you guys I guess.

(edited by rook.4625)

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

What? TA was on HoD from the very minute the game went live… And we’re not leaving. Just not fighting under TA colours anymore :P

Sooo, not fighting under Green? :P

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Nuitaran.3608

Nuitaran.3608

So, what you are saying is, “We realized that JQ has a good chance at competing with us in the coming weeks and we are quitting before we lose.”

Good game HoD, good game.

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Fury.6248

Fury.6248

Titan Alliance is very insignificant. HoD will remain the same. The 24hour population size inside WvW is the primary deciding factor in who wins in WvW. HoD will continue to win as long as they have insane queue times 24/7 which means they always have a full roster on the WvW field. Really tired of seeing people brag like they are good at pvp because of WvW results. Not a single server that’s top right now has proven anything with skill. An you will never be able to as long as its not based on skill. Just wasting your time.

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Fury.6248

Players boasting on the current WvW results in forums are most likely the poorest skilled PvPers running around on their servers.

<—- is my gamer tag feel free to prove me wrong in the mists.

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: rook.4625

rook.4625

Yes your anger is also evident.

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

If any NA guilds want to transfer to EU, Desolation needs a night time presence

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Fury.6248

Yes your anger is also evident.

You have to actually accomplish something or say something with meaning to anger someone. You’ll learn this when you get older. But nice try troll.

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Davinna.2067

Davinna.2067

GoM could use some good leadership if you’re up for a challenge

The cake is a lie!
Crimson Phoenix [CPT] – Gate of Madness

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

i love how this thread has boiled down to server recruitment

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

MMO tourism is really destructive to the genre, because there is a growing subset of people who claim they are holding games to a higher standard when in fact they aren’t giving a developer time to adapt to the LIVE playing environment, which you CANNOT test for, no matter how many BWE’s you have. There’s no testing how play systems work in live, and they always need to be adjusted 1, 3, 6 months down the line.

I disagree on this. All you need is a 6-months long public beta, and you will have all the testing in the world.
The fact MMO companies don’t want to spend the money to do this is a completely different matter. IMO, a company willing to make this kind of effort would actually be rewarded pretty soon down the line. Nowadays, you don’t get second chances.

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Davinna.2067

Davinna.2067

i love how this thread has boiled down to server recruitment

I’m a true believer of “It never hurts to ask”. I know this week we lost one of our larger WvW guilds to transfer and it made a big difference. Would love it if for the next match up we had another strong WvW guild transfer in and hopefully we could at least have a balanced fight.

The cake is a lie!
Crimson Phoenix [CPT] – Gate of Madness

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: zoobaby.7804

zoobaby.7804

Best of luck to the kids of TA. Was fun fighting against you. May your new servers of choice leave you with no queues.

SBI native and Altoholic
[Rage] Smelly Tree Sap — Band Camp Babe — Bannned Character--Spooner

Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: CC Dalmarus.8397

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Glad to hear you had some fun, TA. Take care!