To Discourge Zergs, Balance for 1v1

in WvW

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Has anyone considered that the reason people like zergs is because they’re not confident they can stand up alone against others? I feel this is because of the flawed decision to ignore 1v1 balancing and focus on teamplay. As long as people are not confident of being able to defend themselves and take on others singly, they will always be afraid of zergs.

This is why roamers in WvW are usually thieves, mesmers and others who can hold their own.

Now I’m not saying that we shouldn’t have team play. That’s a no brainer. What I’m saying is that every class should be able to trait for 1v1 or team play if they choose. There must never be a class (like thieves) that specifically excel in 1v1s. It should all depend on the set up, gear and traits.

So a guardian should be able to trait for 1v1 play and be a match for any thief. The outcome will then depend on skill alone.

Give people the confidence to roam around solo and we’ll have less of a zerg problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

This is a thing with that. For my Necro, when I run my power build I’m confident roaming about. Though when I run my condi Well build I’m just a free kill solo. In my case skill comes into play because I’m not a great necro yet but the point is a lot of people that zerg build for it and those builds while great in zergs, are very lackluster 1v1.

IMO there is only 2 ways to stop zergs from happening, Anet does something drastic and completely changes WvW or every player and guild agrees to stop zerging. Neither which will happen.

As long as 1 server or guild zergs, the other servers will have to. If server X rolls up with 80 players, regardless of how skilled server Y is, they will need numbers to match it. In the current state of the game, zerging won’t be going anywhere.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

I legitimately do not understand how this would change anything unless they balanced objectives to be able to be taken by single players.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

OP is ignoring a key factor in picking a solo roaming class: the ability to abuse how large the WvW maps are (compared to sPvP) and the fact that nothing is keeping a player confined to an area (such as sPvP capture points).

This means classes such as Thieves/Mesmers/DD-Eles/etc. will be favored due having more skills that allow them to disengage and escape zergs or situations they cannot win. Usually this skill is stealth, but can also be blinks or high mobility skills (Warrior Rush, Ele Ride the Lightning, Ranger Swoop, etc).

This is simply a result of having a more “open” PvP environment and isn’t a negative attribute of WvW.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

What I’m saying is that every class should be able to trait for 1v1 or team play if they choose. There must never be a class (like thieves) that specifically excel in 1v1s. It should all depend on the set up, gear and traits.

While I disagree that a lack of 1v1 balance is a major contributor to zergs, I do agree with this.

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Stop. Stop. STOP.

Stop trying to discourage zerging. I am SO sick of seeing these whiny threads over and over with people crying about zergs endlessly, and how they’re unfair to small groups of roamers. OF COURSE they are. That’s the POINT.

The majority of people in WvW love the zerg experience. There is NOTHING wrong with the zerging experience. Strength in numbers. It’s simple, elementary math.

If you don’t like zerging….don’t do it. Simple as that.

I personally only like to zerg when it’s in an organized guild setting, and I roam/havok the rest of the time, but zerging is a VERY IMPORTANT part of WvW for a myriad of reasons. You can roam on any class you want. You just have to build for it. I’ve done it on Ranger. I’ve done it on Ele. I’ve done it on Guardian for pete’s sake.

If ANet removed the ability to zerg from the game, WvW attendance would plummet.

If you want 1v1, go play sPvP. You get objective capturing, and small groups.

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

in WvW

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

Stop. Stop. STOP.

Stop trying to discourage zerging. I am SO sick of seeing these whiny threads over and over with people crying about zergs endlessly, and how they’re unfair to small groups of roamers. OF COURSE they are. That’s the POINT.

The majority of people in WvW love the zerg experience. There is NOTHING wrong with the zerging experience. Strength in numbers. It’s simple, elementary math.

I personally only like to zerg when it’s in an organized guild setting, and I roam/havok the rest of the time, but zerging is a VERY IMPORTANT part of WvW for a myriad of reasons. You can roam on any class you want. You just have to build for it. I’ve done it on Ranger. I’ve done it on Ele. I’ve done it on Guardian for pete’s sake.

If ANet removed the ability to zerg from the game, WvW attendance would plummet.

When devs think there is something wrong with the mechanic, there’s something wrong.

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Stop. Stop. STOP.

Dude you and everyone else likes Zerging because it’s comfortable. You say man we kicked their kitten in when you win, and you grab kitten “hey you guys had more than us nice flank” when you lose. Comfortable, casual environment. Well there are other people in the mmo community who are extremely bored of the current meta and want competition to increase. So you stop. You already have what you want and that’s an ez mode pvp system. We don’t want that. It’s flat out boring.

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Nothing is wrong with zerging.

Rewarding Zerging the most over everything else, and having it not have any disadvantage however is wrong.

It leads to the 99% of the bad players you see in PvP, who are just awful…

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Stop. Stop. STOP.

Dude you and everyone else likes Zerging because it’s comfortable. You say man we kicked their kitten in when you win, and you grab kitten “hey you guys had more than us nice flank” when you lose. Comfortable, casual environment. Well there are other people in the mmo community who are extremely bored of the current meta and want competition to increase. So you stop. You already have what you want and that’s an ez mode pvp system. We don’t want that. It’s flat out boring.

You do realize that is your point of view and is not shared by everyone. If people want to zerg they are going to regardless of what anet does. Why would anet want to punish people for playing together?

Honestly if you want small scale fights why don’t you organize them? Find out the other havoc groups on your enemy servers and what BL they like to be in. Your bound to run into them.

Btw I think they should remove PvE. There are other people in the mmo community who are extremely bored of PvE so based of those peoples opinions we should change part of the game to make them happy.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Beside the fact that there’s a guardian roaming build (05/30/30/5 I think, or something like that) I have thought this too and I think you are right. And probably thieves are the cause of this.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Yea I agree pve sucks. I have 8% map completion. Don’t remove Zergs, remove the advantages other than being just a ton of people.

PAXA -GM