To all the WvW duelers out there

in WvW

Posted by: falrin.4206

falrin.4206

I love dueling in wvw. Keeps, towers, camps? Psssh.
The real fun for many players like myself is roaming around and finding like minded players. I love switching between bl’s and finding other roamers who actually know how to duel.

/bow
fight
one goes down
/salute
and then go on your marry way. No finishers or anything stupid like that.

Oh, someone from my server wants to jump in and 2v1?
Ask them to stop, and if they do not /sit and watch, maybe the guy from my server will beat him, maybe the enemy will beat the one from my server and ill wait till he resets to try again. Either way I’m just there to have a good time. And I would just like to give a shout out to all the 1v1 roamers out there just trying to have a good time. =)

-Roam on

in WvW

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

I agree that it’s more fun than turning a corner and face planting into a zerg, but I actually like using the siege and defending keeps, I wish they did more with that to make it more fun, give us more strategy. Best time I’ve had in WvW was me, my cannon, and a mesmer on the ground against about seven people from the other server. We held them off until they just gave up and went to go find an easier fort to take.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

I like doing a lot of dueling too,
With that said,
My top priority in WvW is generally to WvW (While roaming).

If I’m on my way to defend something, or attack something, or lend my hand to a battle, it’s going to take precedence over a duel.

But I spend a lot of my time shoring up the defenses in DB BL right after our SEA crew goes to bed, which generally leaves me a lot of time for dueling.

So
Win, win for me.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

I agree, love WvW dueling, helps me improve my build and enjoy the pvp aspect of the game a little more.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Leaving them in downed state my kitten , the lootbag is MINE!

in WvW

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

JQ Dueller/scout here. I would normally look out for individual roamer to fight against while scouting for our commander at the same time. But most of the time, i would stomp hoping to get precursor out of the lootbag, of course unless we have had mutual understanding/agreement in advanced through body language (/bow, etc)

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

(edited by Diehard.1432)

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I love the roamers that think they can take out an ele just to run after 10 seconds with only about 30% of their health left.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Depends. Sometimes it for respect by leaving a n00b to rez himself. Then killing him again

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

I love the roamers and small man teams who try to kill my engi always makes me giggle

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

in WvW

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

The problem with not finishing someone is that often in a 2v1 they will continue to attack you in their downed state, or a team mate will come by and attack you/rez him. Unless you know for sure they will self rez and walk away afterwards it’s a bit of a risk.

in WvW

Posted by: bmabrey.7859

bmabrey.7859

Adding is in my contract, sorry; nothing I can do about it. See my union rep.

in WvW

Posted by: falrin.4206

falrin.4206

the stomp comes with the situation. In an unorganized 2v1, of course you stomp the F*&^ out of the downed one =)
And precursor from loot bag? I loled at that, but I guess people can have dreams. Gl to ya =)

in WvW

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

haha, I only leave em downed and /salute if they actually gave me a good fight. If your a scrub though, best believe your bags are goin in my pocket

Attachments:

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

in WvW

Posted by: RoyalCrysis.1065

RoyalCrysis.1065

I like to roam while my guild isn’t on, and when I am out there i generally follow simple rules.
1. Don’t Double team people unless they got jumped, or if they are gonna stomp your servermate
2. Don’t stomp the guy if he fought honorable
3. If its a kitteny kitten thief who tried to jump you, stomp his kitten then /laugh

Zoren – BG – GoF

in WvW

Posted by: joshisanonymous.5270

joshisanonymous.5270

The thing I like about WvW is that there aren’t any rules.

This kinda thing bugged the hell out of me in DAoC, where there are rituals before and after fights and you have to be careful about helping realmmates, etc. It’s even less excusable in GW2: your rewards are the same whether someone adds in or not, it’s much easier to jump right back into a fight after getting stomped, and there’s sPvP if you want to set up “honorable” duels.

I mostly roam solo and I don’t care in the slightest if someone adds into my fight regardless of what side they’re on, or if I’m caught off guard by an enemy, or if I get stomped. These things go both ways, afterall, and the fact that they happen is what makes roaming exciting to me.

If you absolutely have to duel in WvW, at the very least do it in out-of-the-way locations and don’t get upset when someone jumps in. (The OP’s reaction of simply sitting and watching is refreshing compared to the usual complaining and pleas to “stop.”)

in WvW

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

Eh… Sure, if it’s a fight club or something then don’t finish. But if I meet another solo while roaming and they beat me, I’d much rather they simply finish. It’s going to take longer for me to either bandage myself up or bleed out, and I’m going to want to go back to spawn and rebuild my stacks in anyway. It’s just awkward and inconvenient if you leave me there on the ground.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in WvW

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Dueling is especially fun when you aren’t all that good at PvP, and your own team mate stands there and lets the enemy kill you so he can get on with his duel.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmos The Cat.2954

Cosmos The Cat.2954

Dueling is always good fun.

TC Thief
[DIS][STAR]