To tag or not to tag...

To tag or not to tag...

in WvW

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I’ve run into this a couple nights in a row now. After a certain time, my server finds itself lacking tags in E.B. Commanders who are on their way out, along with others, will ask someone to tag up and lead.

Besides a tag, what, within reason, is expected of someone who tags up in a situation like this?

Is there a “WvW Commander 101” somewhere?

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

To tag or not to tag...

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Honestly, the only thing you need to know is how to keep pugs entertained. As long you’re not leading them to their certain deaths and is actually making some progress (be through fights or ppt) you are likely to keep a healthy pug zerg.

The rest is all about the use of game mechanics and field experience… These are learned by playing, not by reading.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

To tag or not to tag...

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

A lot of the time you’re just there to be a rally point for people to go to and follow.

I’d say the absolute basics are to always carry a good supply of normal and superior siege, defend T3/2 over capping T1 objectives and don’t get into fights you won’t win.

You can wiki superior siege to find out how to make it, make it, it’s better than buying most of the time if you need Hot recipes or things from the vendor in a pinch. You can also follow a commander or get him to teach you a few tricks, maybe lead with him/her in squad and whispering you on teamspeak helping you along.

To tag or not to tag...

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

EB? A nearsighted slime eel in a wheelchair can lead a zerg to success on EB. Just tag up, cap some objectives and have fun. Dont know what to do? Just ask where people want to go and go there, there is at least 20 backseat commanders in your zerg.