Tome of Knowledge/Tome of Mentorship in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: KCtheG.5168

KCtheG.5168

I’m trying to level up in WvW and I was wondering if I can use Tomes of Knowledge or Tomes of Mentorship to do so.

Tome of Knowledge – “Grants one character level if below level 80 or one spirit shard if level 80. Only usable in PvE and WvW.”

Tome of Mentorship – “Double-click to gain one level. Only usable by characters under level 80. Only usable in PvE and WvW.”

I’m a lvl 80 but only a lvl 1 in WvW. I am using the Tome of Knowledge and getting spirit shards but my level is not increasing. When I try and use the Tome of Mentorship it says I cannot use this item right now. Any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Both tomes are only for character level i.e.: 1-80. Neither work for WvW levels

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

You are already lvl 80 but that lvl 1 in WvW is rank in WvW not lvl of your character

I took an arrow to the knee

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

That would be something for sure lol. I imagine a lot of people would be Diamond atm if this were a thing lol

in WvW

Posted by: MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

Interesting idea, I have alot of tomes of knowledge sitting around! Might put them to good use!

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

MORE SPIRIT SHARDS

in WvW

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

Tome of Knowledge – “Grants one character level if BELOW level 80 or one spirit shard if level 80. Only usable in PvE and WvW.”

Can’t you read? Are you BELOW lvl 80? No? So why bother then? Tome of Knowledge is for leveling your new chars from 1 to 80.