Tomes of knowledge

Tomes of knowledge

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

Please please please stop giving tomes of knowledge in WvW. Please give us something more useful from the reward tracks and dailies. Siege maybe? Yes I know you can make siege from spirit shards and get spirit shards from tones, but that is extra work I’d like to pass on.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

Tomes of knowledge

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Flax fibers instead of tomes would work for me to maintain guild upgrades with.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Tomes of knowledge

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

They should just add tomes as currency to the PoH vendor.
Make it something like 10 tomes equals 1 proof.
That way you could use it to buy siege, runes, level up masteries on alts, etc.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Tomes of knowledge

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Please please please stop giving tomes of knowledge in WvW. Please give us something more useful from the reward tracks and dailies. Siege maybe? Yes I know you can make siege from spirit shards and get spirit shards from tones, but that is extra work I’d like to pass on.

What we can get is useless for most of us. Tomes, Spirit Shards, even a plethora of Obsidian Shards BUT…

What we can not get – LAURELS – almost impossible to get how about a way to convert such an imbalance of false loot to things that are useful like Laurels?

Please.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Tomes of knowledge

in WvW

XTR.9604

What we can get is useless for most of us. Tomes, Spirit Shards, even a plethora of Obsidian Shards BUT…

What we can not get – LAURELS – almost impossible to get how about a way to convert such an imbalance of false loot to things that are useful like Laurels?

Please.

Laurels or Mystic Coins would be awesome. Doubt they would do laurels but something needs to bring the price of mystic coins way down though.

Tomes of knowledge

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Please.

Don’t we get like 50+ per month just from logging in? And since they never updated the vendor to sell HoT trinkets those laurels are pretty much only good for buying crafting mats to turn into gold.

Letting you buy laurels with tomes would be pretty rough on the economy.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Tomes of knowledge

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Please.

Laurels or Mystic Coins would be awesome. Doubt they would do laurels but something needs to bring the price of mystic coins way down though.

I have Mystic Coins coming out of my ears, but I can wipe out laurels in a single gear change.

Yes, we get over 50 laurels a month, so what other than maybe *guild*siege would be more desirable for WvW players to get instead of the useless things we are getting now?

Spirit Shards and resonating slivers UGH are incredibly useless – I cringe when I get a chest with the latter.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

Tomes of knowledge

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

Laurels are the bottle neck on maxing out all your toons in ascended via crafting @Jim Hunter.6821 . So only useless way down road for a lot of people. I got my main decked out which can share weapons and the armor can share across same armor type but still need to build out the other 2 types full ascended and a couple more choice weapons off the 3 ascended i have. Laurels also needed for the infusions.

I suppose after your maxed across 5 toons, yeah they are only for gold Farm.

Spirit shards I don’t mind, I have a huse amount but they are little issue.

Resonating silver is in the same boat at salvaged runes, I can’t toss them out fast enough.

Tomes of knowledge

in WvW

XTR.9604

If I had a “consume all” option on tomes of knowledge and something worth getting from spirit shards, I’d not even care as much. The fact of the matter is that when you have over 4000 tomes of knowledge, double clicking them and pressing “Yes” for each one to consume it is just not a realistic idea. I don’t have time for that lol.. I use my badges of honor for badge of tribute to make guild catas, only real useful siege these days in my opinion lol. Not going to use it for regular catas to make superior catas even for money, not enough profit in it to waste my badges on regular catas.

Tomes of knowledge

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

+1 to Jim.

Or just make Tomes another buyable options for badges or something (pve plaeyers with spare badges might like that), and give something else for those, Siege would be a decent option. (though personally wouldn’t mind more of some currency, including Badges since I seem to be constantly out)

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Tomes of knowledge

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

For some rewards tracks (I looked at the LW3 ones), they replaced tomes with siege. Kinda nice.

Tomes of knowledge

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

For some rewards tracks (I looked at the LW3 ones), they replaced tomes with siege. Kinda nice.

Bitterfrost Frontier was added with Tomes of Knowledge. Ember Bay and Bloodstone Fen ones changed to Siege however.
Non dungeon reward tracks also had some of the tomes changed to siege.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

Tomes of knowledge

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

This kind of thread is pointless tbh. Ur asking for better loot when all is said and done….and we all kno how that goes.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]