Tonics need to be disabled.

in WvW

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Kodan Endless Tonic a more recent addition to the game slew of tonics is causing problems with counter play. Currently people are using the tonic to hide animations of various high burst skills and dodges leaving opponents with nothing to read.

SkrittMushroom tonics are still also regularly being abused for movement poping in and out and using the movement skill while in and out of combat.

I don’t care about the questionableness of if either are an exploit or intended. The fact of the matter is people are using them to gain unfair advantages over other players.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Yea but it’s undeniable the same people abusing them pretend to care about the integrity of the format, and ANet isn’t capable of recognizing bad design these days or doesn’t care enough to fix such bad design.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

whats a skirt tonic? like wtf? lol

All ur other complaints are dumb though. If animation hiding is a problem turn on default models for all players…..problem solved. There are toooooooo toooooo toooooo many things in the game that cause extra particle and whatever effects that hide player moves….its part of wvsw. If you don’t like it you already have a solution available…theres rly no need for anet to address this farther.

I dont rly like the kodan tonics hiding dodging and what not either but its rly not a big deal in a sandbox mode like wvsw. If the difference between you winning and losing is something like that…. you are playing wvsw wrong, very very wrong.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Eval.2371

whats a skirt tonic? like wtf? lol

All ur other complaints are dumb though. If animation hiding is a problem turn on default models for all players…..problem solved. There are toooooooo toooooo toooooo many things in the game that cause extra particle and whatever effects that hide player moves….its part of wvsw. If you don’t like it you already have a solution available…theres rly no need for anet to address this farther.

I dont rly like the kodan tonics hiding dodging and what not either but its rly not a big deal in a sandbox mode like wvsw.

Maybe you should try not insulting people to get a point across. There is a particular skritt tonic that a movement component to one of it’s skill’s that leaps you forward. The cool down on the skill is reset on entry. You can use this to effectively leap away or towards opponents. It allows you to create movement when your movement skills are on cooldown.

On kodan tonic’s

How is complaining about not being able to see animations dumb? Please. Do enlighten me. You even agree with me that it is a bad feature. WvW is sandbox but that does not mean it should encourage abuse and unfair advantages. Yes, I can turn down particle effects and model settings in wvw for many of the various fx clutter, but the standard enemy model option is a pvp exclusive. At the end of all these changes there is still kodan using skills without animations on skills that have important animations built into them for counter play and you cannot see them.

If the difference between you winning and losing is something like that…. you are playing wvsw wrong, very very wrong.

Here is where I question if you play at any kind of respectable level. Seriously, you cannot reactively play against skills you cannot see. You can guess but that’s about it. It is near chance to interrupt any kind of precast while not being able to tell if there is even an a skill going on. That’s not even getting into dodging important skills like killshot, vault, etc.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout

in WvW

Posted by: Waffle.3748

Waffle.3748

Kodan Endless Tonic a more recent addition to the game slew of tonics is causing problems with counter play. Currently people are using the tonic to hide animations of various high burst skills and dodges leaving opponents with nothing to read.

Skritt tonics are still also regularly being abused for movement poping in and out and using the movement skill while in and out of combat.

I don’t care about the questionableness of if either are an exploit or intended. The fact of the matter is people are using them to gain unfair advantages over other players.

What skills are being hidden still? The only thing I’ve noticed not animated is the dodges (which should be fixed of course).

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

@Eval I meant no disrespect.

But I stand by my words. This isn’t spvp or pvp or controlled fights…..anything goes in wvsw. If you are still playing ‘fair’ in this meta and something like 1 missed dodge is the thing that kills you enough times to cause complaint…..you got alot of thinking to do.

I mean you should be able to dodge killshot just by seeing the projectile….its thick and it moves really slow. Just study it a few times, plants you inplace too (something riflers dont do alot of), if reactive play is what’s important to you and what determines ur fights then you should be reading the projectiles/attacks as much as you read the player animations that cause them.

“How is complaining about not being able to see animations dumb? Please. Do enlighten me.”

Cause there’s a solution inplace already for people that have issue seeing them….I already stated all of this. Please see my original post.

I’d be happy to admit when I done wrong by a forum poster. My opinions have not changed with the evidence presented thus far. Ur skirt problem though….I mean I validated that problem, I ain’t gonna sit here and tell you its fine, it could be looked at.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

@Cerby, the proposal you suggested to move to standard character models does not apply in WvW. It doesn’t work – just in sPvP/ranked matches.

While I don’t have an issue with tonics in general, the Kodan one is actually just stupid. People run troll zergs entirely of the things so that actions are not discernible (because face it, you can’t look at the projectiles in blobs, and the animations for most skills do not exist) and to overload their side with particle effects by spamming the tonic to hide any small tells appearing on their characters via sprites etc. Epidemic and other such bombs is literally made invisible by people spamming them during skill animations.

It’s cute and all, but in all seriousness, it’s really a dumb feature.

As far as WvW not being fair on something like this… well, that’s why they had to merge servers/create links etc, and why the population keeps falling. If the game mode is left with no integrity, then it’s going to fail. You might as well just tell people to not play it or try convincing people in WvW to quit to save them time in the long run if that’s the mentality you follow.

in WvW

Eval.2371

Skritt tonics are still also regularly being abused for movement poping in and out and using the movement skill while in and out of combat.

What skills are being hidden still? The only thing I’ve noticed not animated is the dodges (which should be fixed of course).

Any skill can be hidden by double clicking the tonic during activation. Dodges don’t show by default in the tonic. While many skills are much harder to hide due to fast cast time, some of the longer more important to dodge skills are very easy to hide. Some are actually clicking the tonic while others are blatantly macroing it in on every skill, which is a favorite of maguama atm.

@Cerby, I find it ironic that you have now started a thread on the complaint about the kodan tonic being spammed to lower fps.

Also I had the wrong tonic last night, its mushroom not skritt.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout

(edited by Eval.2371)

in WvW

Posted by: Waffle.3748

Waffle.3748

Eval.2371

Any skill can be hidden by double clicking the tonic during activation. Dodges don’t show by default in the tonic. While many skills are much harder to hide due to fast cast time, some of the longer more important to dodge skills are very easy to hide. Some are actually clicking the tonic while others are blatantly macroing it in on every skill, which is a favorite of maguama atm.

@Cerby, I find it ironic that you have now started a thread on the complaint about the kodan tonic being spammed to lower fps.

Also I had the wrong tonic last night, its mushroom not skritt.

https://gfycat.com/PointlessWeightyHarrier
I tried, but I guess I have to click more.

They actually disabled one of the mushroom tonics, they just didn’t fix the other one that did the exact same things.

in WvW

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

If the difference between you winning and losing is something like that(hiding dodges)…. you are playing wvsw wrong, very very wrong.

Yea, because counting dodges and knowing when your target dodged is not important whatsoever? Haha.

I am a teef
:)

in WvW

Posted by: Felsig.7651

Felsig.7651

what I see the Kodan tonic used for mostly is to try to “hide” the commander/driver/tag so that they are harder to target for pulls, gravity wells, etc. I don’t see this as an issue, but I get that others might.

I have also run into a lot of people using the mushroom tonic to gain movement advantage and I’m not a fan, but whatever.