Tonight we dine in Hell !

in WvW

Posted by: Kazuno.9218

Kazuno.9218

Hail to Vizunah \o/, next week will be harder.

Kazzuno[VSS]
Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

about Deso getting the outnumbered debuff on 2 maps all the time at night (or NA prime time). that’s what you get for moving your whole ruin zerg from map to map every 15 minutes to go to undefended doors. we don’t move our whole server when switching map.

Now I’m confused. Wasn’t RUIN able to fill all 4 maps with thousands of players on each map? Why would they need to switch if this was the case?

in WvW

Posted by: tita.6358

tita.6358

yes we overestimated them. at midnight US time those 400 kids/casuals go to sleep . only around 60 of them still stay switching maps and running to doors like lemmings. they see 40 ennemies on the same map. they’ll switch again. and again and again and again…

Tita the Sunless, Vizunah Night Rats
75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

yes we overestimated them. at midnight US time those 400 kids/casuals go to sleep .

So looks like we need more US/Oceanic/Asia players, not less…

in WvW

Posted by: NightShade.5283

NightShade.5283

yeah we should, lets make those 400 numbers come true, since they ask for it

Lyan D Deathbringer. male shylvari thief
IRON – Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Dawg.5376

Dawg.5376

Ruin was overestimated yes, people tought they knew how to use siege weapons, instead they are just a brainless zombie zerg hiting on doors with their weapons.

not about the quantity, it’s about the quality sometimes :c

but kudos to the rest of the desolation server (ie: the europe players) this week was harder than last time we faced you. Big props to the Iron guys etc

in WvW

Posted by: Jaghen.8314

Jaghen.8314

Since you desperately need them to be competitive you mean ?

in WvW

tita.6358

yes start to recruit on US west coast and oceanic guys. they will enjoy bashing door whith a 450ms latency for sure! get guys even from other planets that should be fun!
we want klingons and roswells to follow your lemmings

keep it up!

75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

(edited by tita.6358)

in WvW

Posted by: NightShade.5283

NightShade.5283

since u guys always spouting mythical 2000 and 500 number but in fact there are only 80-100 of them , so it will be fun if we make it come true, ( but maybe take a long time ). we got outnumbered and we lose, its k, like i said before u guys deserve it

Lyan D Deathbringer. male shylvari thief
IRON – Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Glor.2485

Glor.2485

Actually you loose while outnumbering on average across the day, but it’s still fine, noone is expecting you to be good enough to pose a challenge.

And the mythical numbers you are talking about are only spouted by RUIN members, and by you on that very thread, noone else talked about that here.

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

Actually you loose while outnumbering on average across the day

Screenshots of you being outmanned like I just posted for Deso, or it didn’t happen

in WvW

tita.6358

VS and AS alliance (lasted 24h only true story) was set up only because we really thought you were over 9000.

75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Shtra Quo.1932

Shtra Quo.1932

VS and AS alliance (lasted 24h only true story) was set up only because we really thought you were over 9000.

Last time I checked there was this thing called server limit. So, if you got a queue you can be pretty sure you have the same number or even more then the enemy. Your argument for this poor alliance is bad and you should feel bad.

And I have seen strange things later in the week: Deso attacking some AS-owned Garrison outer watergate, VS group comes in, stops the small group of Deso-players and retreats. The gate was below 50% by that time. This retreat must be some kind of logic only understandable to french people.

Well, might have been people who accidently changed to the wrong server and couldn’t waste our supplies.

Freck – You’ve been desolated!

in WvW

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

@tita I love how you start calling RUIN lemmings after I said it the other day about VS because they like jumping to their deaths rather than fight us lol.

in WvW

Jaghen.8314

I have seen strange things later in the week: Deso attacking some AS-owned Garrison outer watergate, VS group comes in, stops the small group of Deso-players and retreats. The gate was below 50% by that time. This retreat must be some kind of logic only understandable to french people.

Well I wasn’t there so can only imagine, but maybe VS players cleared DS to prevent them from earning too much points, but didn’t think they could take garrison and successfully defend it from both DS and AS afterwards. Lesser of two evils.

PS : Brace yourselves, flame war is evolving into a meme war….

(edited by Jaghen.8314)

in WvW

tita.6358

you should not take too seriously what 90% of people here are saying (including me) . it’s part of the game! it’s proof taht most of us a enjoying the matchup and are having great fun :p
ok it’s over. carebear gone. back to taunt and war .

75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

(edited by tita.6358)

in WvW

Posted by: Knasher.5607

Knasher.5607

about Deso getting the outnumbered debuff on 2 maps all the time at night (or NA prime time). that’s what you get for moving your whole ruin zerg from map to map every 15 minutes to go to undefended doors. we don’t move our whole server when switching map.

Actually you do. Earlier in the week we were attacking one of your towers near your spawn, we actually managed to get the doors opened and head up to your towers, when suddenly a wall of blue descended on us from your spawn and wiped us out of your tower, before going on to take a largely undefended keep from Arborstone, who had just now gained the outmanned buff.

I’m not complaining by any means, I think it’s a valid strategy. The only thing stopping Vizunah using it at the moment is that they have the numbers right now that moving people around maps will only leave people stuck in queues.

in WvW

Posted by: Belfagor Diabolos.1940

Belfagor Diabolos.1940

yeah no doubt Ruin is quite small PvE guild … with non significant presence on EU servers and Deso have a small population …

Attachments:

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

You do of course realize that overall server population has no strict correlation with WvW server population, don’t you?

Just today I posted several screenshots proving Desolation had the outmanned debuff on at least 2 out of 4 maps (and at 10:30 it was actually happening on all 3 borderlands) for at least a 3 hour period this morning. Where is actual hard proof that Vizunah is being outnumbered? I haven’t seen any so far, just preemptive whining.

(edited by MagnusLL.8473)

in WvW

Posted by: eiennnoai.9870

eiennnoai.9870

You do of course realize that overall server population has no strict correlation with WvW server population, don’t you?

Just today I posted several screenshots proving Desolation had the outmanned debuff on at least 2 out of 4 maps (and at 10:30 it was actually happening on all 3 borderlands) for at least a 3 hour period this morning. Where is actual hard proof that Vizunah is being outnumbered? I haven’t seen any so far, just preemptive whining.

I don’t know, you could try to put 3W advertisment in PvE maps chat, creating a special operation or whatever maybe ? Which is what VS has been doing. There’s no need for more players, just a better %age of people doing 3W in such cases…

Anyway gratz to VS which were able to build a gap thanks to operation 300. I would guess it won’t be the same next week but at least they put up a nice fight even ruining their health for it… Just so that US players can have fun too at night. I hope that this will result in better organization and mobilization from Deso players rather than even more transfers. And if you win next week from that then gratz to you in advance.

(edited by eiennnoai.9870)

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

I don’t know, you could try to put 3W advertisment in PvE maps chat, creating a special operation or whatever maybe ? Which is what VS has been doing. There’s no need for more players, just a better %age of people doing 3W in such cases…

OR, we might try to get more people who are actually interested in WvW in the first place, preferably playing in our deserted timezones so that we get better coverage while not getting long queues.
Except if we do we’re the bad guys? Brilliant logic there :/

in WvW

eiennnoai.9870

OR, we might try to get more people who are actually interested in WvW in the first place, preferably playing in our deserted timezones so that we get better coverage while not getting long queues.
Except if we do we’re the bad guys? Brilliant logic there :/

Thing is people don’t get interested in 3W magically. I already said it but I’m on a EU server lacking a nightforce and morningforce (well odd hours) and I often find people farming @ 5h30 am (even were able to gain control arah at this hour after the reset, we were like 15-20 for that). Talking to some of them makes you realize most could never try 3W yet though they don’t have any repulsive feelings toward that, and I’m pretty sure with explanations, a nice push on the back and with interesting structures to don’t get lost when they’re here they’d jump on it. And those are all EU players yeah. Servers don’t need transfers to fight anything :/.

in WvW

Knasher.5607

People put up calls on our maps also. Desolation is still very much a PvE orientated server, ever since we were getting stomped by other servers each week and other than a small group of our more stubborn players, a lot of people just gave up on that part of the game. Hopefully over time they will try it again, till then we can only work with what we have.

Anyway it’s been a hell of a week. I’d be surprised if we manage to turn it around now, but up till Friday it could have gone either way. Hopefully this finally puts an end to the confrontational attitude between our two servers and we manage to keep next weeks match-up thread open for a full week. The new Desolation can be beaten and Vizunah did it the very first time they faced us. Just hopefully not the second :P.

in WvW

eiennnoai.9870

@Knasher
I don’t think things will last actually. Maybe AS will wake up since they did almost nothing this week, but VS’s core teams of 30-40 players which tried to play at night this week seem to be extremely tired. I think most will have to go back to univ’ and work again too. We’ll see how it’ll be starting sunday night/monday morning but I’m pretty sure Deso will be able to tick @600+ again for most part of the night this time.

in WvW

Knasher.5607

We’ll see how it’ll be starting sunday night/monday morning but I’m pretty sure Deso will be able to tick @600+ this time.

Well the week hasn’t even started yet and Vizunah (assuming that’s where you play) are just about to get a well fought victory, and you are calling the match over already…

in WvW

eiennnoai.9870

We’ll see how it’ll be starting sunday night/monday morning but I’m pretty sure Deso will be able to tick @600+ this time.

Well the week hasn’t even started yet and Vizunah (assuming that’s where you play) are just about to get a well fought victory, and you are calling the match over already…

I don’t play on VS. I’m on a plain EU (EN) server. But I follow how things are going. And everyone seems to be tired from staying up late or waking too early as one of your EU players doing the same thing from DS mentionned (here or in another thread). Add to that the fact that some universities’ holidays will be over… I don’t think they’ll be able to mobilize enough players this time. Numbers should start to falter slowly but surely. At least, odds are going even more against them.
And btw DS already did tick @600+ at night this week for several days, but VS started going harder again the last few days. So it was already becoming hard to keep the rhythm up.

Well we’ll see. But it should be very different from this week.

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

I certainly hope its just a few individuals and not the major guilds, but when our scouts, with their own eyes, watch a mesmer dolphin out of the water, past the out gate, port a 50-player zerg into an orb keep, and fast build upgraded siege… well, we draw our own conclusions.

A bit offtopic, but… If you are talking about Bay, the only conclusion is that Bay architects should be hanged on outer walls by keep lord himself. Mesmer doesn’t need to “dolphin out of water”, anyone can just jump from the outer south side of east gateway wall to the inner side, under speed buff ofc. Plain and simple. Architecture failure and game physics. No exploits, just some jp experience at best.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

(edited by Yaro.3251)

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

Maybe AS will wake up since they did almost nothing this week, but VS’s core teams of 30-40 players which tried to play at night this week seem to be extremely tired.

Again with this 40 players bull? Man, check up my previous post in this very thread, Deso with outmanned debuff 3 maps out of 4 at 10:30, and VS holding 295 points tonight at 5AM. You just don’t do that with 40 players, you need more like 400. VS being outnumbered is A BALD FACED LIE.

in WvW

Jaghen.8314

Magnus 10:30 is hardly night, VS has a pretty huge pop, so late morning during holidays you can be sure it was close to being full…

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

10:30 TODAY. Friday morning. And 295 points held at 5AM, and now tell me you can hold half the points on all 4 maps with 40 players total.

Also, Deso has zero queues on at least 1-2maps even during weekend mornings (Saturday-Sunday). So yeah… who outnumbers whom?

in WvW

Jaghen.8314

Yes we can !

Ps : Today, Friday morning, during french holidays. Thank you, come again.

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

Yes we can !

LOL, yeah sure. And RUIN has 2000 members in WvW all the time. Think by now people have began to understand where the truth stands

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Desolation is my old server, but I respect the determination vizunah showed in every week. I wish you all luck and a good fight

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Posted by: Gwal.2813

Gwal.2813

Maybe AS will wake up since they did almost nothing this week, but VS’s core teams of 30-40 players which tried to play at night this week seem to be extremely tired.

Again with this 40 players bull? Man, check up my previous post in this very thread, Deso with outmanned debuff 3 maps out of 4 at 10:30, and VS holding 295 points tonight at 5AM. You just don’t do that with 40 players, you need more like 400. VS being outnumbered is A BALD FACED LIE.

Only because Friday is holiday in France, (and 10:30 is morning not night) and it was also the last battle to win the matchup.
He is talking about the typical night, when Deso is ticking 600+ like Tuesday or Wednesday.

It’s obvious VS won’t be able to keep up. Next week, we’ll probably see Deso ticking again at 550/600+ during nights.

Sure it has been an intense week, with interesting fights !
But the thing is Vizunah had to make tremendous efforts and mobilize all their community to wake up early various times this week, and I’m sure lots of players didn’t get much sleep. And they can’t go on like this… it was a last-ditch stand

Deso probably won’t have to make any effort to beat them in the next matchup, thanks to having many players from other timezones.

And it saddens me that a server like VS, 100% wvw oriented and with a really organized and dedicated community will most likely lose to other servers that relay on oversea presence to fill 24/7 coverage.

Vizunah Square [FR]

in WvW

Posted by: Troma.3250

Troma.3250

This is how we feel now, after all sleep sacrifice to counter night presence, after all thoses epic fights in primetime, hard leadership to do, and doing all thoses glorious battles :

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/080/e/1/Tired_Knight_by_vidagr.jpg

We are so tired. But still with an iron will.

Respect to Arborea.
Respect to Desolation.

This was one of the greatest week of World vs World.

Attachments:

co-founder of Grand Cross Alliance
General of Grand Cross Knights [GCK]
www.grandcross.fr/codex-gck

(edited by Troma.3250)

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

Only because Friday is holiday in France, (and 10:30 is morning not night) and it was also the last battle to win the matchup.
He is talking about the typical night, when Deso is ticking 600+ like Tuesday or Wednesday.

If it’s so typical, how come it happened 2 nights out of 7? Even if you discount weekend nights, it’s still 2 out of 5. And it “casually” happened at the time VS had the biggest lead (around 18k points) and as soon as VS realized what was happening, it was able to easily match Desolation night numbers for the rest of the matchup.

Also, if you think Desolation WvW players are not dedicated and they can just live the easy life because they can bring 666 players to WvW on a 24/7 basis you clearly have not been following this match. Just what happened this morning should be proof enough of the colossal holes Deso’s WvW coverage still has. Any server who can fill their mornings will sweep us aside without even trying, and having full maps during the night will also result in the same. Hell… having full maps at any time except prime will result in the same, since that’s the only time of the day when all of Deso’s WvW maps have a queue in them.

Or do you seriously think we didn’t have commanders clocking in at 10-12 hours a day to try and win this matchup?
Jeez, at times like this I wish Ruin was indeed a guild who could constantly fill all maps, just to hear the cries of a server faced with a REAL 24/7 presence.

in WvW

Gwal.2813

If it’s so typical, how come it happened 2 nights out of 7? Even if you discount weekend nights, it’s still 2 out of 5. And it “casually” happened at the time VS had the biggest lead (around 18k points) and as soon as VS realized what was happening, it was able to easily match Desolation night numbers for the rest of the matchup.

Also, if you think Desolation WvW players are not dedicated and they can just live the easy life because they can bring 666 players to WvW on a 24/7 basis you clearly have not been following this match. Just what happened this morning should be proof enough of the colossal holes Deso’s WvW coverage still has. Any server who can fill their mornings will sweep us aside without even trying, and having full maps during the night will also result in the same. Hell… having full maps at any time except prime will result in the same, since that’s the only time of the day when all of Deso’s WvW maps have a queue in them.

Or do you seriously think we didn’t have commanders clocking in at 10-12 hours a day to try and win this matchup?
Jeez, at times like this I wish Ruin was indeed a guild who could constantly fill all maps, just to hear the cries of a server faced with a REAL 24/7 presence.

I didn’t say Deso wasn’t dedicated, I know they are
and of course I know there isn’t only RUIN and wvw is a total server commitment.

However, I don’t understand why you keep trying to deny or underestimate the advantage given by having a big oversea presence has ?
It’s why they come to EU in the first place : to nightcap
If you look at the income graphs, that how Deso closed the gap Tuesday and Wednesday night.

Vizunah Square [FR]

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Siotrad.2519

Lord Siotrad.2519

You are right … it’s just because you forgot the IMPACT of The [CaSu] guild. :p :p , don’t you

All VS is proud of them

Necro/Mesmer
[ACSK] – [GC]
Vizunah Square

(edited by Lord Siotrad.2519)

in WvW

tita.6358

VS here . some of our core players and commanders played an average of 18-20 hours per day this week… this is our 24/7 coverage….

75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

However, I don’t understand why you keep trying to deny or underestimate the advantage given by having a big oversea presence has ?

I never denied it, I take issue if someone claims it’s unfair. Let me reinstate one more time: the way the system is setup, even a ridiculously small numeric difference in players (let’s say, 60 vs 40 during the night) will result in massive point differences at the end of the week. The only way this system can work (i.e. creating balanced matches decided by skill rather than by numbers) is when there’s no difference at all, and that can be realistically achieved only once you have (at least) 3 servers with full maps at all times. So servers trying to get multiple timezones are not “unfair”, they’re smart and you can only hope we get more of them or WvW will die and soon.

Anything else and the game is a pure numbers’ game. Want proof? check what happened to this very matchup: one morning with numeric difference = game over.

in WvW

Posted by: Joriel.1530

Joriel.1530

gz to Vizuna for their victory, i dont think any player should not sleep/eat just so they win a matchup but ok, i mean, many players end up dead or in hospital xD due to those extreme situations

anyways gz, you fought well

i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz | GTX 780 | 8GB GSKILL RAM @ 1866mhz

in WvW

Posted by: kharza.3974

kharza.3974

I didn’t say Deso wasn’t dedicated, I know they are
and of course I know there isn’t only RUIN and wvw is a total server commitment.

It’s why they come to EU in the first place : to nightcap
If you look at the income graphs, that how Deso closed the gap Tuesday and Wednesday night.

I want my doors back.. you told me when we came to Desolation I wouldn’t have to fight people and could just knock down the doors all the time. You said this was going to be Carebear land!! WHERE ARE MY DOORS!! All I see is tons of French people standing in front of them and on the walls. I had to wade through corpse after corpse of dead French just to get to the jumping puzzle. I mean come on guys.. can’t we get our easy PvDoor back? Please.. I’ll make you veggie pizza..

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasme

P.S. Most fun I’ve had in WvW ever.. thanks again.. and I hope you didn’t wear yourself out to much, we get to do this all again tonight!

in WvW

Posted by: Liriel.1473

Liriel.1473

@magnus

stop crying because you’re loosing.

wednesday late night we were 10 arborstone people on our borderland and they were no vizunah at all. and with 10 people we were able to take more than half of the map.
when a zerg bus of ruin came from another map to take it back, once done they all leave on another map instead of letting 10 people to counter us we take half the map again etc etc …
so if you can dispath equally between the map it’s easy to show outnumbered buff
you are loosing points because they can’t leave 10 people to defend a map and prefer zerg into another

for vizunah presence it was holidays and somme pick up leave arborstone for vizunah when the “alliance” was over. we have a lot less queue on arborstone since mid week.

Now all i have to tell is that deso have good players like IRON and GOD but RUIN is a joke and even people from your server tell it.

(edited by Liriel.1473)

in WvW

Gwal.2813

So servers trying to get multiple timezones are not “unfair”, they’re smart and you can only hope we get more of them or WvW will die and soon.

If everybody was able to speak English I would agree..

But it’s not the case, so yeah, this situation (EU ladder becoming Worldwide) is totally unfair to DE/FR/ES because there is no big GW2 community oversea that speaks their language :/
And that saddens me because some of those servers have proven to be very competitive against the rest of EU.

It’s obvious ANet didn’t create a EU ladder to be populated by NA guilds…
It’s ruining the ladder for all DE/FR/ES servers, and they represent 50% of it!

Vizunah Square [FR]

in WvW

Jaghen.8314

In a parallel universe NA players complain about EU teams… oh wait it’s only in the other ladder

While I agree ANet probably didn’t create different ladders for nothing, I’m getting tired of the unfairness that FR/DE/ES can’t speak english… what about Singaporeans ? Italians ? Norwegians ? And so many more… ?
In fact everyone but English/American have a claim to unfairness ^^

in WvW

Gwal.2813

I want my doors back.. you told me when we came to Desolation I wouldn’t have to fight people and could just knock down the doors all the time. You said this was going to be Carebear land!! WHERE ARE MY DOORS!! All I see is tons of French people standing in front of them and on the walls. I had to wade through corpse after corpse of dead French just to get to the jumping puzzle. I mean come on guys.. can’t we get our easy PvDoor back? Please.. I’ll make you veggie pizza..

P.S. Most fun I’ve had in WvW ever.. thanks again.. and I hope you didn’t wear yourself out to much, we get to do this all again tonight!

(:D funny, I’ll try to be funny to, take this 2nd degree)

Yeah, it must have been disappointing
You were so bad in US ladder that you came to EU to hit doors and get an easy win, but you encountered people who fight, playing on only 1 Timezone, and that ended up crushing you against all odds.
I guess it’s mean you’re bad on EU too

Vizunah Square [FR]

in WvW

Posted by: iomyna.4859

iomyna.4859

Jaghen.8314

While I agree ANet probably didn’t create different ladders for nothing, I’m getting tired of the unfairness that FR/DE/ES can’t speak english… what about Singaporeans ? Italians ? Norwegians ? And so many more… ?

It’s not about FR/DE/ES not speaking english, but about Singaporeans, Italians, Norwegians not speaking FR/DE/ES language. The tag is a language tag and it’s far more difficult to recruit a foreign guild on this server than on a server with EU tag.

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

It’s not about FR/DE/ES not speaking english, but about Singaporeans, Italians, Norwegians not speaking FR/DE/ES language. The tag is a language tag and it’s far more difficult to recruit a foreign guild on this server than on a server with EU tag.

So complain to Arenanet instead of slagging Ruin or any other guild which reaches the obvious conclusion. It wasn’t the players who designed such a pathetic excuse for a scoring system.

What annoys me is that some of us immediately called Arenanet out on this and foresaw the obvious evolution (cfr.: my post at https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Night-Capping-and-YOU/page/9, seventh post from the bottom, for some reason the permalink doesn’t work), while people from the winning servers (including Vizunah) just trolled us on the forums saying “deal with it”. And now that the shoe is on the other foot (and not even that, since you still win), all of a sudden everyone realizes the system is crap… well duh, welcome to enlightenment.

in WvW

Posted by: kharza.3974

kharza.3974

(:D funny, I’ll try to be funny to, take this 2nd degree)

Yeah, it must have been disappointing
You were so bad in US ladder that you came to EU to hit doors and get an easy win, but you encountered people who fight, playing on only 1 Timezone, and that ended up crushing you against all odds.
I guess it’s mean you’re bad on EU too

I dunno about that.. the doors in EU hit much harder than anything in the NA bracket! The amount of forum spew seems about the same though.. Better stock up on the coffee my friend I’m really charged up to bang on some doors tonight!

in WvW

Posted by: Hipoglouton.7291

Hipoglouton.7291

… while people from the winning servers (including Vizunah) just trolled us on the forums saying “deal with it”…

Since they got sleep deprieved this last week, yeah we can say they dealt with it. Still a bullcrap scoring system imo.