Too Much?

Too Much?

in WvW

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

So first off i have not been able to get into WvW because i had a 100 man + que for EB and 50+ for CD.

Thats on Anet for not looking forward. In there meetings of how to get more WvW participation im wondering if anyone brought up. Man if this works how will the linked servers effect the population for maps?

The other thing is when is Anet gonna address the meta. I understand you love your raids and dont want to have to touch it. Seriously though HOT meta builds are destroying 2 out of 3 areas of your game.

This one is for the community since 1 thread says 2 years for rewards. The OP of it says that they are a serious WvW player.

If they were they wouldnt be complaining. I played the majority of my WvW before we got rankings for it. The other players i know who seriously played WvW have over 2,000 rank points and that was easy.

Like we were playing WvW for fun and now that WvW has something to play for it looks enjoyable from that perspective. So for example AP wise im on T5 of all my WvW except the player kills. (bad internet, cant join zerg fights) With that said i have barely touched WvW since the HOT release because of PvP seasons, raids, new PvE maps, livin story.

You can not call yourself a serious WvW player if you have less then 1,500 WvW levels. I have 900 and been in WvW for less then 20 hrs for the past 2 years basically.

People talking about Anet adding grind to the game. Guess what this should of been here from the start. MMO are suppose to have things that are easy to achieve, some with mid level difficulty and some achievements for life long players who play the game for 5+ years.

Anet has consistently made things easier for PvE players who wanted something and didnt want to put the time in. Raids give quick rewards, dungeons give quick rewards, i hate that Anet adds PvE to PvP and WvW rewards.

With that said GW2 has been out for 6+ years now and since the made PvP levels easy to gain, this would be the first thing players actually had to play and work towards.

Too Much?

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I like what they did. Participation is up (it’ll settle down as the days progress) and we can get better rewards for doing the things we already like to do. I call that a big win.

SBI

Too Much?

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I agree about the rank requirements I just think they should be a lot higher. 2k for t3 seems way too low to me. 4k at least.

Meta wise I dunno I’ve been playing it so long I don’t have much of a problem but I can imagine if you go from PvP to WvW it might be kinda startling.

Too Much?

in WvW

kdaddy.5431

I agree about the rank requirements I just think they should be a lot higher. 2k for t3 seems way too low to me. 4k at least.

Meta wise I dunno I’ve been playing it so long I don’t have much of a problem but I can imagine if you go from PvP to WvW it might be kinda startling.

Yeah i wouldnt have a problem with that, rank wise. WvW legendaries should be for legendary WvW players. They have a million raid titles/ unique gear/ Guild hall rewards. I dont understand why it should be easy.

Yeah PvP was my love, the big nerf to PvP making it accessible for everyone took some wings out of the sales. Other then that GW2 PvP was amazing pre HOT.

Since HOT i have not liked the meta in WvW or PvP so im kind of like a old man saying to get off my lawn and Anet is saying they own my lawn.

Too Much?

in WvW

kdaddy.5431

I like what they did. Participation is up (it’ll settle down as the days progress) and we can get better rewards for doing the things we already like to do. I call that a big win.

Ohhh i agree but its the foresight of Anet that is bothering me.

Like ive said not a huge fan of HOT. I wrote in HOT beta how the new specs would be bad for PvP and WvW. Alot of players have adjusted but for me its like Anet cant see whats in front of them.

Like people have been looking for a reason to play these 2 game modes but there just isnt one. They finally give a reason and oddly they thought no one would show up?

I mean ave que was like 2 hrs for EB.

Example is i run a hot dog stand and business has been slow but i still have alot of followers on FB and instagram. I send out info that i have a new Seattle Dog and its delicious. Ill be selling at this location at this time, boom info is sent.

Huge lines and after 1 hour i run out of hot dogs and buns. Thats not on the customers who came out to support me, i simply didnt plan ahead.

Too Much?

in WvW

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

You realize that what they managed to do is basically turn off those serious WvW players who would do the little jobs that ensured victory, right? All they managed to do is incentivize blobbing.

Also, I’m not buying your nonsense about 900 in 20hrs.

Majority of the people tooting their horns and acting like elitists about the whole thing earned majority of their ranks from EotM farm before it was nerfed.

(edited by Asur.9178)

Too Much?

in WvW

Posted by: trailofsalt.6571

trailofsalt.6571

Legendary WvW players? Really? With the current state of balance? You must be joking. This is an MMO. I don’t mean to sound harsh, but you’re being a snowflake. Please spare me the “I work so hard” speech in regards to a game. We all bought the same game you did and your snowflake rant of wanting exclusion speaks volumes to how this once great community is just as toxic and elitist as every other MMO.

I smash “1” for greatness… (òÓ,)

Too Much?

in WvW

kdaddy.5431

You realize that what they managed to do is basically turn off those serious WvW players who would do the little jobs that ensured victory, right? All they managed to do is incentivize blobbing.

Majority of the people tooting their horns and acting like elitists about the whole thing earned majority of their ranks from EotM farm before it was nerfed.

Ahhhhh right of course i must be one of those people, except i have over 28.5 AP. I was as high as top 700 on the AP Leader Board. I have fallen greatly since more HOT stuff comes out and im not a fan of the HOT system.

This is a picture of my PvP at the end of S5, didnt play much of S6 though i was still in gold 3 playing goof ball builds.

This next pic is of total PvP matches.

Lastly if you read my comment i have not played WvW much of all since HOT. I can prove im 900 and i can prove im T5 on WvW AP and i did most of my playing before rankings once i finish up loading this patch.

Attachments:

(edited by kdaddy.5431)

Too Much?

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

I think snowflakes would want it to be easier to get.

Too Much?

in WvW

kdaddy.5431

Legendary WvW players? Really? With the current state of balance? You must be joking. This is an MMO. I don’t mean to sound harsh, but you’re being a snowflake. Please spare me the “I work so hard” speech in regards to a game. We all bought the same game you did and your snowflake rant of wanting exclusion speaks volumes to how this once great community is just as toxic and elitist as every other MMO.

How am i being a elitist?

You do realize alot of WvW players played WvW for just the fun. When it comes to my ideas on WvW it is not a elitist attitude. I simply want the players who have been playing WvW to get there just due, whats wrong with that?

When it comes to PvP i am elitist though. Many are, Anet made a legandary back pack for PvP and the majority of players in the game made it. Skill did not matter.

If you think i have a problem with this, well i do. I dont see how Anet can take away things from PvP that were difficult to get and make them incredibly easy such as finishers.

Then make raids and hide MP, titles, unique skins, AP and guild hall rewards behind them. I dont understand that logic.

For me there should be goals in a game like this that runs for 6+ years and is still adding to it.

A game like this needs short terms goals, medium range goals and potential long term goals.

There is nothing elitist about that especially when ive been someone who supports the raiding community though i dont raid. I would like to see PvE players who get multiple characters with 100% exploration get a unique title/ mini.

I dont think its elitism when i want players to get things because they go above and beyond. I dont want players who buy legendaries getting unique titles. I dont like Anet giving unique titles to players who buy them for 10,000 gold.

Hey if you want to call me elitist im fine with that as long as players who play the game are being rewarded.

Edit- Legendary WvW players just mean they play in WvW, you know that right? Like there are players i know who are not great in combat but they enjoy playing a role in a zerg. I dont think there is anything wrong with that.

There are people who finished WvW and got to 10,000. Right just so we are clear people have finished WvW completely. There are players who completely completed PvP.

I mean wouldnt you call that legendary by title if nothing else?

(edited by kdaddy.5431)

Too Much?

in WvW

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

Ahhhhh right of course i must be one of those people, except i have over 28.5 AP. I was as high as top 700 on the AP Leader Board. I have fallen greatly since more HOT stuff comes out and im not a fan of the HOT system.

This is a picture of my PvP at the end of S5, didnt play much of S6 though i was still in gold 3 playing goof ball builds.

Lastly if you read my comment i have not played WvW much of all since HOT. I can prove im 900 and i can prove im T5 on WvW AP and i did most of my playing before rankings once i finish up loading this patch.

What is the point of this post? It has quite literally nothing to do with what I said. Did you just want an excuse to post your screenshots that mean absolutely nothing?

Too Much?

in WvW

kdaddy.5431

What is the point of this post? It has quite literally nothing to do with what I said. Did you just want an excuse to post your screenshots that mean absolutely nothing?

Serious WvW are not turned off by this.

I posted to show my activity in the game. You will not find alot of players who have 9k games played in PvP.

Also look at the forum, you have a thread that basically complaining that the rewards are to hard to get.

Yet you have a few serious WvW players begging for Anet not to cave in to making it easy. I have a discord with my small guild and i know a CD WvW guild. They are letting this week fly by since we all knew there was gonna be huge activity.

None of the SERIOUS WvW players are turned off by this. There is activity and thats what WvW needed. The scores are usually defined after the week end as well so many will wait till reset when alot of us the PvE players will start to quit since they wont continue since they cant just farm it for a few hours and get stuff.

I really dont know who you have been talking too but ive been on CD since pre and we have been as high as T2 and low as T5/6 and alot of the serious commanders on this Border Land left.

Especially when our 3 WvW guilds left for other BL.

So please dont tell me about serious WvW players, i was there for almost 5 years. I took a break from WvW since HOT. So please dont act like you know more about the scene, i have my people who talk about games with and you have yours.

Too Much?

in WvW

Posted by: Moonglum.4659

Moonglum.4659

I agree with the first line of Kdaddy’s post. I play 90% in wvw and work for a living in the UK and cannot get on until 18.30 + GMT for 1-2 hours, which means I cannot play at all on my server as queues suddenly 60-150 (when previously 1-3 out of 4 lands would have no queue). Its a shame but that’s it, game over for me!

Too Much?

in WvW

Posted by: Skinnii.3504

Skinnii.3504

I agree with the first line of Kdaddy’s post. I play 90% in wvw and work for a living in the UK and cannot get on until 18.30 + GMT for 1-2 hours, which means I cannot play at all on my server as queues suddenly 60-150 (when previously 1-3 out of 4 lands would have no queue). Its a shame but that’s it, game over for me!

I am in exactly the same boat. In the UK, work til 6pm and now have 50-120 man queues.

One thing really annoys me about this -the fact large parts of the WvW community seems to think this is ok.

Let’s flip this round – Let’s say the next LW update map is locked behind a 120 man queue – do you think the PVE community would accept that? Do you think they’d say – “oh don’t worry, wait a couple of weeks it will settle down. Do some map completion or farming while you wait”. Of course they wouldn’t and Anet would never put them in that position – but it seems quite acceptable to shaft the WvW community in this way. I’ve been loyal to this game mode for years (I’m ranked over 2800) while it was neglected and now I’m supposed to basically suck it up. And I find it hard to understand how any serious prime time WvW player can defend Anet for the current situation

Too Much?

in WvW

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

You can not call yourself a serious WvW player if you have less then 1,500 WvW levels. I have 900 and been in WvW for less then 20 hrs for the past 2 years basically.

You can not call yourself a serious wvw player unless you dedicate half your day to upgrade a home keep from 0 to t3 with an army of enemy roamers ganking dollies left and right and keeping all camps permanently flipped while outnumbered doesn’t leave you for one second only to have the enemy flip it at 79/80 effortlessly while you haven’t seen a single rank up for all your toiling. /s

Too Much?

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Tbh to those complaining about the queues, as you are aware, certain modes are not for everyone, that includes WvW. Very soon some PvPers and PvE’ers will leave WvW and tell themselves " this insert reason here is why I don’t do WvW" and the queues will start to drop. There is a novelty to WvW an dlike with any new toy (whether GW2 related or even getting a new console) it will die off. Just be patient (as a lot of WvW’ers already know how to do amirite?)amd let nature run its course

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Too Much?

in WvW

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Yes legendary, most of these players have stuck with WvW through thin and thick and they’re loyal to a fault. Bold statement but there wouldnt be wvw anymore without them keeping the wheels turning.We all bought the same game, difference is they are genuinely interested in GW2 and how it fares in the future, all u care about is your kitten rewards.

So yes, they arent elitists or special snowflakes. They simply deserve better.Period.
And tbh im only 130 rank and been playing on and off so i will never get most of these rewards but i dont give a kitten, whats fair is fair.

(edited by zoomborg.9462)

Too Much?

in WvW

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Let’s flip this round – Let’s say the next LW update map is locked behind a 120 man queue – do you think the PVE community would accept that? Do you think they’d say – “oh don’t worry, wait a couple of weeks it will settle down. Do some map completion or farming while you wait”. Of course they wouldn’t and Anet would never put them in that position – but it seems quite acceptable to shaft the WvW community in this way.

PVE has measures in place to create extra maps if the original is full, and always has.

Somehow I don’t think you want a WvW megaserver, or even the overflows that it replaced, so what exactly are you expecting Anet to do?

Too Much?

in WvW

kdaddy.5431

Just so we are clear, I did not get most of my levels from PvE WvW.

If you look at my WvW AP, i do the little things mostly since my internet doesnt let me play with the zerg. I defend towers/ camps and i grab camps.

Lastly me at level 900 and i havent really touched WvW since HOT release and i did what i would say as maybe 70% of my WvW worlding before Anet implemented ranks.

But like you said im a elitist, im fine with that as long as we got all the facts.

Attachments:

(edited by kdaddy.5431)

Too Much?

in WvW

Posted by: Tifa.6473

Tifa.6473

Yes legendary, most of these players have stuck with WvW through thin and thick and they’re loyal to a fault. Bold statement but there wouldnt be wvw anymore without them keeping the wheels turning.We all bought the same game, difference is they are genuinely interested in GW2 and how it fares in the future, all u care about is your kitten rewards.

So yes, they arent elitists or special snowflakes. They simply deserve better.Period.
And tbh im only 130 rank and been playing on and off so i will never get most of these rewards but i dont give a kitten, whats fair is fair.

Lol i can’t believe what I’m reading. Legendary wvwers and elitist seriously.

Tifa
Reaper
Everything she touched crumbled to dust.

Too Much?

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Im just happy roaming with guildies, blowing roamers and small groups up. Im def not pro and my rank is ~500, but 95% if my time is WvW. I get to hunt groups in a slightly less toxic environment then PvP.

Too Much?

in WvW

Posted by: Tifa.6473

Tifa.6473

Im just happy roaming with guildies, blowing roamers and small groups up. Im def not pro and my rank is ~500, but 95% if my time is WvW. I get to hunt groups in a slightly less toxic environment then PvP.

Bigpapasmurf your post made me smile and you are a true wvwer. Thank you for making me smile today.

Tifa
Reaper
Everything she touched crumbled to dust.

Too Much?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

And I find it hard to understand how any serious prime time WvW player can defend Anet for the current situation

What is there to defend? These kind of queues where fact in WvW years ago. We’ve been here before – with an utterly broken queue system that you could exploit to get ahead, took em a while to fix that. Thats why people will be “meh” for a while. In the long run and with continous long queues of course it’s gonna hurt everyone. I dont like it as a person that often switch class – thats impossible now. But I can handle it a week before I start to consider the well being of WvW. Queues where already halved yesterday compared to tuesday. Will be interesting to see how it looks this weekend.

Too Much?

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf your post made me smile and you are a true wvwer. Thank you for making me smile today.

D’awwww shucks. Love the FF7 referenced account name. (Best FF imo)

I WvW to have fun. There are too many things to complain about but ive adapted to everything and just do my best and make crappy jokes while dying due to me overextending close to zergs….or gravity kills me…whichever is closer

In reality I do very well in fights, my build does carry me a bit.

Too Much?

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

So first off i have not been able to get into WvW because i had a 100 man + que for EB and 50+ for CD.

Thats on Anet for not looking forward. In there meetings of how to get more WvW participation im wondering if anyone brought up. Man if this works how will the linked servers effect the population for maps?

The other thing is when is Anet gonna address the meta. I understand you love your raids and dont want to have to touch it. Seriously though HOT meta builds are destroying 2 out of 3 areas of your game.

This one is for the community since 1 thread says 2 years for rewards. The OP of it says that they are a serious WvW player.

If they were they wouldnt be complaining. I played the majority of my WvW before we got rankings for it. The other players i know who seriously played WvW have over 2,000 rank points and that was easy.

Like we were playing WvW for fun and now that WvW has something to play for it looks enjoyable from that perspective. So for example AP wise im on T5 of all my WvW except the player kills. (bad internet, cant join zerg fights) With that said i have barely touched WvW since the HOT release because of PvP seasons, raids, new PvE maps, livin story.

People talking about Anet adding grind to the game. Guess what this should of been here from the start. MMO are suppose to have things that are easy to achieve, some with mid level difficulty and some achievements for life long players who play the game for 5+ years.

Anet has consistently made things easier for PvE players who wanted something and didnt want to put the time in. Raids give quick rewards, dungeons give quick rewards, i hate that Anet adds PvE to PvP and WvW rewards.

With that said GW2 has been out for 6+ years now and since the made PvP levels easy to gain, this would be the first thing players actually had to play and work towards.

except its a mindless grind of doing pvd, in eotm, because that is the most efficient way to rank 2000 by a landslide. I dunno why you think that someone with rank 500 or rank 1000 is a noob and not a real wvwer compared to someone with rank 1,500. The average in wvw is about a rank an hour. I’m sorry but 500 hours in a game mode or a thousand hours is more than adequate to prove dedication in a specific game mode. I’ve played since launch and I have 6.2k hours played, I think anything more than rank 1k is asking too much, especially when you expect 2k hours of my 6.2k total hours in gw2 to be in wvw just to get a reward, especially when all other game mode rewards can be obtained in a shorter similar time table of 3-6 months (all legendaries).

How do you think new players feel looking at this? Especially since this armor is advertised all over the gw2 website and there twitter feed and the implication is that this is something obtainable so “come play gw2 today.” They should add a disclaimer that says, yah but not for 2 years. Its ridiculous.

aka. “The Complainer”

Too Much?

in WvW

kdaddy.5431

Why should it be easy?

The real PvP players hated and i mean HATED the PvP patch that gave away the titles/finishers 3 or so years ago.

The PvP community hated how easy it was to get the Legendary back for PvP. I got it literally 3 weeks into the second season.

There are supposed to be long term rewards in a MMO, everything is GW2 was super easy to get. I dont even raid and i was able to finish W1 of raids by just looking at meta battle and picking 2 classes i had gear for it.

Right now you have raiders telling people to get gud because the raids are easy, you have PvP and WvW players asking for anything reward wise that isnt given as a cheap shiny for people to play a game mode for a month.

New players coming in should think ohhh cool i have something took look forward to if i play this game.

Many people have left the game in the PvP scene because of a terrible meta and Anet catering to the PvE community.

These WvW items are not for new players. They are WvW players, i have friends with literally 5k levels. Are we suppose to treat them as someone with 200 or less levels?

Why do you think the PvP community was kittened? S1 threw S4 you had players in Legendary who were Bronze and Silver level Skill, then S5 hits and BOOM there is a rude realization there. It took Anet 5 Seasons to let people know there actual skill level.

And now it took Anet 6 years for a real reason to play WvW. The idea that you could play another MMO and some how get elite level gear in a couple of hours would be looked at as a joke.

Anet made a huge mistake by not having early things to work for, mid level things and long term things to play for. Its the reason Anet came up with the terrible idea for masterys and working towards Elite specializations. Had Anet given HOT actual story/ items/ skins to work towards the game would of been alot of fun.

Im sorry Jumpin Lumpix.6108 if you think 1000 wvW is alot. I have over 9k PvP matches and 9 characters in full ascended in PvE and almost 29k AP. Im not even in the top 1,000 for any of those things. Just like your assumption of the WvW community. There are literally multiple people who finished WvW with 10,000 levels.

Seriously take a step back and realize this is something some will have to work for. And it will come easier for those who farmed the PvE WvW and those that have actually played the game.

For instance i dont care for raids, so i know i will not get the unique skins, items for the guild hall, legendary armor. The PvP items were handed out like candy from a guy in a van to children at a play ground. Literally anyone who wanted candy could get it, they just had to get in the van.

Heck WvW armor might not even be for me since i hate the meta of GW2 since HOT came out but there are people who played this WvW and deserve a little piece of the pie they didnt get in PvE, raids and PvP.

Too Much?

in WvW

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Why should it be easy?

You seem to be confused between “time gated” and “hard”.

It should not be easy. But it actually is. It is totally easy. You can do it brain-afk. No skill required. You just have to spend a lot of time.

But they “overtuned” the time gating.

Too Much?

in WvW

Posted by: Nick Lentz.6982

Nick Lentz.6982

Are you going to give an elaborate snowflake reason why you deserve to get it handed to you?

Guardian of Maguuma
Grand Warden of I Crit Under Pressure.
message me for an invite ^_^

Too Much?

in WvW

kdaddy.5431

Why should it be easy?

You seem to be confused between “time gated” and “hard”.

It should not be easy. But it actually is. It is totally easy. You can do it brain-afk. No skill required. You just have to spend a lot of time.

But they “overtuned” the time gating.

If its so easy why are all these people complaining?

You say time, ok i can understand that point of view.

But now these players have to spend time in a game mode and try to assimilate into the WvW server. If a player follows a zerg but doesnt stay with the group or runs a bad build and dies, they have to learn from that. If they want to run with a small group and run around the zerg thats a different type of build. Not only will it take time but it will take less time for those who are actually good at it.

For me personally raids are not difficult at all, ive cleared W1 i have a Xera kill. It doesnt interest me because it requires 10 players who have X build with X team comp and if 2 out of the 9 players are bad or if the 1 X role is bad we all lose.

That is something that takes time, ive seen raiders who full legendary armor run into PvP and be silver 2, gold 1.

Those are not high marks of skill, they got there VERY EXOTIC/ LEGENDARY GEAR because the spent TIME/GRINDING away at raids.

If you want to explain the difference go ahead, if you want to go into PvP and get into Plat 2-3 Legendary. Yeah this takes skill and there is no real reward for it.

So please, elaborate what you are saying.

Too Much?

in WvW

Posted by: trailofsalt.6571

trailofsalt.6571

Are you going to give an elaborate snowflake reason why you deserve to get it handed to you?

So a distaste for this “I am an exclusive snowflake” attitude means I want it to be handed out for free? That’s awful black and white isn’t it?

I smash “1” for greatness… (òÓ,)