Too many mesmers?

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Everywhere I wander, I bump into Mesmer roamers…
Lone wolf or wolf packs…
Harsh and cold in the wintry desert…
If Mesmers were wells, one would never thirst in the desert of WvW…

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

(edited by EremiteAngel.9765)

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: Raziel.8072

Raziel.8072

The lowest skilled players usually gravitate to the most powerful class or class combo that requires the least effort to succeed on, just remember that

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Some people just wanna “win.”

You think wvw is bad? Try spvp. You are lucky to be in match where 50% of the players aren’t mesmers.

Osu

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

The lowest skilled players usually gravitate to the most powerful class or class combo that requires the least effort to succeed on, just remember that

yeah, i literally had my hp halved by a stealth/stun/glass mesmer. I was on a necromancer. mesmer is way too strong right now.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

It’s the easiest class to play at the moment. If I want to roam around and win every engagement and be able to escape anything that doesn’t go your way (being zerged) then mesmer is the class to be.

Just make a mesmer and start playing it so the game gets flooded with more and maybe they’ll nerf them. Maybe I’ll play the mesmer more once it takes actual skill to play because right now I feel really bad (not really) just steamrolling everyone.

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: Ash.5034

Ash.5034

Where do you expect to find mesmers?

It isn’t like they are in huge demand for WvW groups.

I haven’t seen any WvW guild advertising for mesmers for at least a year and a half.

It is always Eles, Guards, Warriors or Necros.

Why shouldn’t classes like Mesmers and Thieves be good at the solo/small group roaming?

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Most of these are really bad and die quickly when focused, though.

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: apocom.3172

apocom.3172

This is so fundamental true.

But it is also good game design to have some entry level class for beginners. Even new players need early success moments. And if they play long enough they can go on to more advanced classes.

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

yeah, i literally had my hp halved by a stealth/stun/glass mesmer. I was on a necromancer. mesmer is way too strong right now.

Then you realized he was there, turned your attention to him and bombed him out of existence by spamming 1… Necros whining about a full glass spec that takes only half of their hp. HALF, after that he has to be on his toes to survive against a juggernaut that is the average wvw necro.

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

It’s the easiest class to play at the moment. If I want to roam around and win every engagement and be able to escape anything that doesn’t go your way (being zerged) then mesmer is the class to be.

Just make a mesmer and start playing it so the game gets flooded with more and maybe they’ll nerf them. Maybe I’ll play the mesmer more once it takes actual skill to play because right now I feel really bad (not really) just steamrolling everyone.

This is a load of oxdung right here. Every roamer spec has to be able to win an engagement or run from unwinnable fights or it is not a roamer. Unless you are talking about a condition build which is truly awful, you are not steamrolling everyone.

Seriously, WvW players should just l2p.

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

Everywhere I go, I bump into Mesmer roamers…
Lone wolf or wolf packs…
Harsh and cold in the wintry desert…
If Mesmers were wells, one would never thirst in the desert of WvW…

And you always kill them right? Because half of them don’t understand the class mechanics well and a lot are new so what your saying is your thankful for the free bags right?

Lol you may meet the occasional good one who puts up a fight but overall a lot are terrible lol. Fought 3 yesterday in WvW on necro, won 2/3, (3rd guy had reinforcements come but he prolly would have won anyways lol), but the other two were straight easy. One was pure glass who got hit by two life blasts, tried to stealth and heal, then got down by life transfer while in stealth. If you know enough about Mesmer it’s really easy to counteract a lot of these guys so I don’t see to big of a problem with it lol.

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: Jay.7546

Jay.7546

I haven’t seen any WvW guild advertising for mesmers for at least a year and a half.

Why shouldn’t classes like Mesmers and Thieves be good at the solo/small group roaming?

You got it right. I love WvW but it’s nuts with the amount of guards, wars, eles, and necros in zergs. We just played a server and that’s all they ran. One big condi blob of endless aoe. I have all the classes but I rarely see a mesmer zerging unless they are on the outskirts and there for portals and what not. Being in FA we just fought a server that seemed to use them as scouts. They would annoy us if we had a handful back capping because they would hug portals and guards and then disappear when we would cap. We were never sure if they were stealthed either so after awhile we just moved on.

I agree too with roaming mesmers and thieves. Why not right. If you like roaming then more power to ya but people shouldn’t criticize someone for using a class available to all of us just because they can’t beat it. I hate the endless clones and the stealth for days but I deal with it.

I don’t roam, roamers to me are walking gankers. Most of their kills are people trying to get somewhere who aren’t traited for roaming but traited for WvW zerging.

(edited by Jay.7546)

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I don’t roam, roamers to me are walking gankers. Most of their kills are people trying to get somewhere who aren’t traited for roaming but traited for WvW zerging.

That’s exactly what a roamer does. Capping camps/sentries that are not worth the whole zerg and denying enemy backups. Most of us aren’t even playing for points, but we end up benefiting the server more than yet another zergling because of all the small things we do. And if we get chased by an enemy group, even better, because we are effectively trading 1vX.

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

That’s exactly what a roamer does. Capping camps/sentries that are not worth the whole zerg and denying enemy backups. Most of us aren’t even playing for points, but we end up benefiting the server more than yet another zergling because of all the small things we do. And if we get chased by an enemy group, even better, because we are effectively trading 1vX.

It is a longtime ago i see a solo Roamer mostly they are 3-5 so it is more a 3-5V 5-7 not a big deal so

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

(edited by Haralin.1473)

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: medusashadow.3567

medusashadow.3567

I hate this just go away be quiet all your crying is to funny all the classes are easy wins Lets list them that take zero skill first to play d/p thief it takes zero skill to play and face it most of crying about Mesmer come form thief cause it fair fight. Next lot crying come zero skill ranger class all they do press rapid shoot with there ranger take zero skil to press the number 2 key warrior take zero cause they are fastest class in game all they do is use the great sword and run away why is warrior as heavy class fastest in game and a necro the slowest class in game when it light armor then you have zero skill burn Guardian cause burning very strong for them right now.

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I hate this just go away be quiet all your crying is to funny all the classes are easy wins (…)

Chill, problem is that in this game player only need to improve their output damage and pick the class/build that cast spam more.
Let me give u an example, i traded for a new condi build and got out of “the play how u want”, and started to play “what kills with less effort”, play what dev’s make to strong.

Problem with this game is that balance word for Anet mean shift a easy gimmick meta for another, and they change when that meta gets played to often.

Gw1 gimmicks required more game knowledge and effort/team work than gw2.

And yes there are few build that are brain dead, that will resut mostly into a easy win, but that is becouse balance between builds is a thing that is almost inexistent.
And to think that they avoided that ~280 skills per class to balance the game, where game got even worse…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

Currently mesmers can be easily exploited, whether it’s having stealth that last longer than a thief, sneaking into a enemy camp without having to break a gate and stealing all the supply or just trolling the camp lord (which shouldn’t be happening) or just stun locking you to death, bringing you to 0 health in seconds.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Moonlit.6421

Currently mesmers can be easily exploited, whether it’s having stealth that last longer than a thief, sneaking into a enemy camp without having to break a gate and stealing all the supply or just trolling the camp lord (which shouldn’t be happening) or just stun locking you to death, bringing you to 0 health in seconds.

Trying to understand your post lol. For one camps don’t have gates so I’m going to assume you mean towers and keeps. Mesmers can’t sneak into enemy towers and keeps and they certainly can’t waste their supply. To get in they either have to take it and hide when it’s flipped back or have the wall knocked down for them, they don’t just fly over it lol. They also can’t touch enemy supply so that points mute. As for messing with camps every class can solo camps so nothing new there either lol

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

That’s what happens when they take stealth and turn it into something completely ridiculous. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the mesmers you run into today, were thieves before the big patch.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Ash.5034

That’s what happens when they take stealth and turn it into something completely ridiculous. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the mesmers you run into today, were thieves before the big patch.

or no evidence and turn it something completely ridiculous!

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Moonlit.6421

That may explain why so many of the new Mesmer roamers are complete trash. People who played thief rerolled as Mesmer and know little to nothing about the class. Glad you agree it’s a benefit lol

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Ash.5034

That may explain why so many of the new Mesmer roamers are complete trash. People who played thief rerolled as Mesmer and know little to nothing about the class. Glad you agree it’s a benefit lol

The there should be no problem for you.

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I hate this just go away be quiet all your crying is to funny all the classes are easy wins (…)

Chill, problem is that in this game player only need to improve their output damage and pick the class/build that cast spam more.
Let me give u an example, i traded for a new condi build and got out of “the play how u want”, and started to play “what kills with less effort”, play what dev’s make to strong.

Problem with this game is that balance word for Anet mean shift a easy gimmick meta for another, and they change when that meta gets played to often.

Gw1 gimmicks required more game knowledge and effort/team work than gw2.

And yes there are few build that are brain dead, that will resut mostly into a easy win, but that is becouse balance between builds is a thing that is almost inexistent.
And to think that they avoided that ~280 skills per class to balance the game, where game got even worse…

I agree with you 100%, GWEN power build meta and all its variants, regardless if tanky sent/pvt/cleric style frontline or mixed zerker backline, all with nearly infinite AOE cleanse spam, are complete no brainers and need to be rotated out of existance. Hell, I have done 1000x more 1 lootstick auto spamming on my guard in zergs over the last couple years then I have in open world PvE bosses, that’s how pathetic it can get.

hence I love the new condi fights, you can get some nice attrition fights at least on small scale and roaming vs anyone thats not stupid enough to run full zerker or alike, and at least all professions can roam, only Guardians, Warriors, Eles and Necros are part of GWEN.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

I’ve been roaming with mesmer for years and the only difference now is that the people trying to instagib me from stealth are other mesmers rather than thieves. They aren’t gravitating to the most powerful profession, they’re gravitating to the most powerful game mechanic. Without stealth mesmer is far from the easiest class to play.

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Moonlit.6421

The there should be no problem for you.

Overall they aren’t lol. Two little Asura mesmers tried to kill me while I was walking to a camp earlier this weak on my necro and both lost. As I play both shatter and condi Mesmer myself there were some mistakes I could pick out that could have been easily avoided had they more synergy. I’ve met single mesmers who are actually good and capable of surviving and even winning 1v2’s but the average one I’ve seen so far, nope lol. X3

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: wyther.8372

wyther.8372

Bad players gravitate to certain classes/builds so they can win when they become FoTY (in most games it’s flavor of the month, but anet doesn’t tend to do anything about it for a year or more so now its FOTY).

FoTY class builds allow sub par players the ability to win many to most encounters even with their lack luster skills. Except in cases when they come upon very highly skilledd players of other classes.This means the average player using those builds makes them look really powerful and the highly skilled players make those builds look like complete gods who can’t be killed.

Sorry for your luck, get on a high tier server where there are enough people in a guild so that they have specialized people to rout out these types of god mode classes and that’s mostly their use. Otherwise it is your choice to waste your time or not to look for them. if you are on a lower tier god help you, forget about ppt and the flipping and don’t waste your time, you will give yourself an ulcer.

FYI: I have a geared 80 of every class and have shelved every class build or changed it once it became what I would consider even slightly easy mode.

Gilkin – Ex Commander for ET server

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Still think thief has the edge on roaming. Not died to a single mesmer one thief since spec patch. One nearly got me but going down in SR meant I could rez, then I got revenge for him bursting me when I was letting him get to his destination.

In fact generally thieves can steal something to counter what they’re fighting, it doesn’t get better than that and I can easily out stealth a mesmer, especially these bandwagon idiots.

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

i logged in wvw to try a new build and guess what i saw?: mesmers everywhere: instant killing a lot of players with clones. Is this the result of their “nerf”? ? I just can’t wait for the new temporary generation of new players to Congratulate Arena net of "How Challenging, Fun, Risk-Rewarding, Innovating with Skill Play base Wvw is*

Remember : the marketing word is " FUN "

Temporary generation of new players ?

They Soon Will Find Out Your Words Do Not Add Up And Will Leave "

With GW2 Anniversary of 3 Years: WvW will just be an endless cycle of empty words and lies.

-that is all-

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Moonlit.6421

i logged in wvw to try a new build and guess what i saw?: mesmers everywhere: instant killing a lot of players with clones. Is this the result of their “nerf”? ? I just can’t wait for the new temporary generation of new players to Congratulate Arena net of "How Challenging, Fun, Risk-Rewarding, Innovating with Skill Play base Wvw is*

Remember : the marketing word is " FUN "

Temporary generation of new players ?

They Soon Will Find Out Your Words Do Not Add Up And Will Leave "

With GW2 Anniversary of 3 Years: WvW will just be an endless cycle of empty words and lies.

-that is all-

I see plenty of other people who know how not to get 1 shotted lol, maybe those people need to learn as well. Ah wouldn’t that be wonderful, then they can actually win fights instead of losing to a walking bag and calling for nerfs lol.

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

This is true, to a large extent. As a solo roaming PU condi kittenlord, people trying to reach the mother blob are simply walking lootbags to me.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: meltdown.5870

meltdown.5870

So many heros on this tread….roamers ganking are just no good, no skilled players who are scared of PvP or suck at PvP …so they come to WvW with an UBER class in full PvP setup with food and everything and 3 looser friends and gank peoble in Zerk/BloB gear. well done you are heros….Roamers are just a bump on the road and they do very little for their server to actually win the machups. So down to it im happy that most peoble comes to WvW to win the machups…imagine all were just roaming zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

meltdown.5870

ohh and all this BS about lootbags..pffft have you ever tryed to sit on a morter while a fight is on you get 20-30 crappy lootbags in 5 min

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

Mass invisibility, Veil, Portal. Yeah who needs Mesmers in WvW?

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Remove alts. Just 1 character per account.
Fotm profession poblem: solved.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

So many heros on this tread….roamers ganking are just no good, no skilled players who are scared of PvP or suck at PvP …so they come to WvW with an UBER class in full PvP setup with food and everything and 3 looser friends and gank peoble in Zerk/BloB gear. well done you are heros….Roamers are just a bump on the road and they do very little for their server to actually win the machups. So down to it im happy that most peoble comes to WvW to win the machups…imagine all were just roaming zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Please.. I solo roam a lot. I constantly take enemy camps which helps stop their stuff from upgrading and also changes our tick. I get jumped by groups and zergs but its all part of this game mode. I win most 1vs1, win a lot of 1vs2 and sometimes can even 1vs3 players. Its all about picking the right target and forcing the others to blow cool downs. Lots of kiting, dodging and timing my skills.

If you want an easy balanced game mode go to PvP. I like a challenge and PvP doesn’t give me much of a challenge what so ever. As some one who mainly WvW and mostly goes to PvP when I want to test a build out I will say I can go maybe 1 or 2 matches before some pvp’ers gets salty about me killing them. If PvP’ers are the skilled players why they get so mad at me when I’m just a wvw’er testing out a build? I’m use to fighting outnumbered while PvP’ers are not so used to those type of fights.

Yes there are lots of blobs/zergs but several small groups or solo roamers can actually do a lot more than 1 big map zerg.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

meltdown.5870

briggah

i wrote “roamers ganking are just no good,”

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

meltdown.5870

i solo a lot myself ..camps /towers/ogras/frogs mm wich all contribute to the effort of winning the machups …but roamganking no

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

meltdown.5870

and there are no skilled PvP players in WvW..they simply gets bored of those 1 click kills…

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

briggah.7910

briggah

i wrote “roamers ganking are just no good,”

Ok so you meant a group of roamers ganking solo roamers.. I took it as just roamers that gank other people. You did say though roamers do not help so I guess you also meant the group of roamers that just run around ganking players.

Yea its kinda crappy and happens to me a lot being a solo roamer. Usually when I see PvP I think people are talking about the PvP game mode. That’s why I talked about PvP. I’d rather have fair even 1vs1 myself but sometime winning them outnumbered ones are just so much better. No biggie. It’s late for me but I get what you were saying now..

Player Vs Everyone

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

You sound like someone that’s getting his kitten killed alot in wvw.
There’s loads of proper players out there that are bored of the same old pvp game modes and jump in wvw to roam,or simply just do both.There’s more freedom and different kind of fights to get when roaming compared to pvp.Stop assuming just cus you suck at it.

Imagine if we were all zerging…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Oh wait.!

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

apharma.3741

I guess you have or are a bad roamed then. Here’s a list of things I and good roamers do whether in a group or solo:

1. Keep server updated on enemy positions.
  2. Stalk enemy zergs and pick off stragglers or slowing them down.
  3. Burn sups in objectives we have no plans to keep.
  4. Hide in objectives if we know the enemy is coming with a view to flipping it 4mins later when they don’t bother sweeping.
  5. Stick supply traps in front of enemy zergs again slowing them.
  6. Flip camps ahead of enemy zergs meaning they can’t re supply.

All these are things that can make a karma train derail and lose momentum very fast. It arguably defends your areas just as much as those guys on the ACs or that guild coming to push out a blob from an entrenched position.

So no, I do not agree with your view of roaming as what you described is a bunch of morons running around just as mindlessly as those morons (staff guards usually)in blobs pressing 11111.

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

That’s why I have a stack of Stealth Disruptor Traps.

If I see one coming I just run off a little bit, drop one, then kite them through it and they’re easy game after that. The hatemail just makes it even better.

But there are definitely too many right now. It’s like one in every three players is a Mesmer and most times they’re condition, too.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

If I see one coming I just run off a little bit, drop one, then kite them through it and they’re easy game after that. The hatemail just makes it even better.

Hate mail for resorting to the only counter available? Wow…

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: wyther.8372

wyther.8372

I win most 1vs1, win a lot of 1vs2 and sometimes can even 1vs3 players. Its all about picking the right target and forcing the others to blow cool downs. Lots of kiting, dodging and timing my skills.

……..

If you want an easy balanced game mode go to PvP. I like a challenge and PvP doesn’t give me much of a challenge what so ever.

Pleas excuse the parsing and this post isn’t directed at you, but it brings up and exemplifies the sentiment of a lot of people. You need a 1v3 situation to actually be challenged. Most classes and builds are challenged in a 1v1.

A challenge is overcoming something very difficult. So anything less than a 1v3 for your class build isn’t even a challenge. You would need to only do 1v3 verses skilled people and mostly 1v4 to actually be challenged.

Moving into a separate thought…..

Most classes and builds do not have that luxury. This is the reason so many people go play so few classes/builds at any one time. When you start to see a lot of any one class/build. You know they are super god mode, this isn’t rocket science. This is Flavor of the Year programming, congrats ANET for taking something people despise and making it worse than most other games. At least most games would correct it after a month or two.

I will repeat. People do not want to be challenged, they want it easy. Hence, so many mesmers now. While a few select people on a select build CAN at least handle that, the super majority of people and their class/builds do not have a prayer even if two or three of them combine forces. They are much better than thieves used to be in almost every respect (except venom share) and still can do a lot more to help out their team if played by anyone who isn’t facerolling their computer keyboard.

Now I’m not saying nerf, but other classes and builds seriously need some work and have needed work since the game came out. Three years is a bit too long and I would think their player base is showing it, especially in WvW. There really aren’t that many class and combinations of skills to have to deal with here in comparison to many other games.

Gilkin – Ex Commander for ET server

(edited by wyther.8372)

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

apharma.3741

The 1v3 argument. I don’t often see people winning 1v3 unless the opponents are running Zerg builds and thus are not able to deal with a roaming build or the 3 people are bad players.

Generally all the roaming I’ve done and seen against other roamers who aren’t complete idiots running a fotm cheese build that they know very little about, a 2v1 usually ends in a win for the 2 without a lot of luck.

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Hate mail for resorting to the only counter available? Wow…

I assume it’s because their OP profession/build didn’t win the fight for them so they resort to name calling. Oh no, my build that was supposed to be unkillable just got rekt wtf, eff this guy! Same thing used to happen when condition Thieves were popular. Kill one and the hatemail would flow probably they weren’t used to dying.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

briggah.7910

Will agree that there are tons of mesmers out there.. Part that sucks about it is those that have played it a long time now fall into the category that we are only playing them because its easy mode.

It took me a few tries to actually like my mesmer. When I first started I felt too squishy, could never pull off a win in anything besides a 1vs1 and even then I had trouble. I even gave it up but went back to it and tried different gear stats and builds till I found some combo that worked for me. I’m still experimenting builds to this day.

I don’t like to really diss anyone’s skills because the skill level in this game varies so much. I’m far from being the best at anything but I definitely will put out a good fight and go out with a bang if I have to.. I don’t see that much from many people. Most would rather run than die only to come back with 2 or 3 more.

I like the challenge of being semi outnumbered in fights. I’ve had awesome 1vs1 but now a days it seems everyone just zergs so its even hard to get fun 1vs1. People play burst builds and try to burst you down and when they can’t they run away. Most people you run into 1vs1 are really trying to run to their zergs. At least that’s what I seem to find.

Now about the 1vs3 thing. Of course if I was up against 3 evenly skilled players I would not stand a chance. It is a lot easier to pull off with mesmer since we can have lots of stealth an clones. Once you find the weakest target and focus them the others usually blow some cool downs trying to save him. Even when I lose in outnumbered fights, if I down one guy or even get 2 below 50% I feel satisfied.

I don’t really like to boost, brag or anything like that but I’ve been killing lots of mesmers on mine since the changes and I’ve been trying out a bunch of different builds yet get same results.

I actually do really well also on my d/d ele in outnumbered fights but then again people say that is easy mode as well LOL.

Sorry for the wall of text but seems to be a nice discussion going on right now

Player Vs Everyone

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

Agreed.
I came from a couple month break a while ago, and the only thing I find more sickening than the new PU, is all these bandwagon mesmers that get carried by it.

Mesmer has always been pretty niche profession you either hate or love, and takes quite a bit of effort to master. I hope it returns to that state.

IMO the old PU would be perfect fit to current grandmaster traits.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

I wouldn’t say there is too many mesmers in general, there is however far too many cheese fest perplexity mesmers running around. The same goes for condi trapper thieves and stealth condi thief rolling around unseen dropping caltrop’s.

But hey it’s the condi meta and Anet loves it.

Too many mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

Mesmers damage was allready nerfed so if mesmer is op play it urself life other side of fence seems always green grass and sunshine and if you can’t dodge mesmer burst it’s ur plsystyle problem. What is annoying in wvw are all the dire conditions roamers they just tank soo much damage it’s impossible to kill them 1 vs 1