Too much sustain on bursty new specs?

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

I think this is the main issue at the moment. There’s basically ZERO reason to not be close to full zerker on most of the new specs at the moment because of the sustain they have.

This might not be an issue in PvE but wow is it making WvW pretty boring.

For instance. If you try to focus a full zerker DH at the moment all he does is dodge roll, dodge roll, pop F3 making him completely invulnerable to damage, pops shelter, pops wings of resolve for a huge heal, pops renewed focus, pops F3 making him invun for 5 seconds, pops wings of resolve healing him for a huge amount, throw in dodge rolls, aegis, blinds, boons, and another shelter heal……ugh. It’s absurd how much of an easy time I’m having playing DH. Meanwhile my traps almost instagib people while they try to focus me.

The same thing goes for Daredevil. Massive 8-10k bounds coupled with pretty much perma evades and dodge rolls that hit for huge damage as well. Our group’s daredevil thieves cannot be focused in a fight no matter what but at the same time can put out so much AOE damage it’s crazy.

Don’t even get me started on Revenant. The copy paste FOTM build everyone is using makes 10v10s completely lame at the moment. For kittens and giggles we tried out 5 full glass revenants in our 10 man group. When engaging a big group we would all just auto attack once (to clear aegis and trigger the 50% more damage on next attack) then just all do hammer 2. The enemies were getting hit for essentially 40-50k damage instantly. It would do a huge amount more obviously when they got hit by two hitboxes. When an enemy is downed all revenants just hammer 2 on them from 1200 and everyone insta downs.

It’s actually absurd. I can go on and on with the other specs but I think everyone gets the point.

(edited by EvilSardine.9635)

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Dare Devil still needs Vitality or they get destroyed by spikes in damage particularly condi spikes. Fortunately they can maintain a very high DPS with Valkyrie armor. They are a bottom tier Elite though as the Scrapper, Dragon Hunter and Reaper are devastating in skirmish. Heralds are crazy good in small team and large scale combat. Well played Druids are near unkillable in straight up fights as are Scrappers.

Actually don’t get me started on Scrappers and how nearly unkillable they are when played decently in WvW. We just move right past them now as they have WAY too much sustain with multiple blocks, invulns, stealth, etc. They just rotate those skills and 3+ people run around trying to beat them to death often with little effect.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: KaporHabakuk.6219

KaporHabakuk.6219

Doesnt f3 on DH got like,erm 80-90sec CD?Shelter like 40s CD?not like other classes got similar skills,right…. ?I personally dont have any problem with new elites,its way more funn lately,to meet new things to kill or to play with.

OTAN guild,WSR server

in WvW

EvilSardine.9635

Doesnt f3 on DH got like,erm 80-90sec CD?Shelter like 40s CD?not like other classes got similar skills,right…. ?I personally dont have any problem with new elites,its way more funn lately,to meet new things to kill or to play with.

Yes, but the Renewed Focus Elite (also an invuln rofl) recharges the F3 instantly. It’s a heck of a lot of invulns for such an absurdly bursty class.

Seriously, I’ve been speaking to my guildies and friends on “enemy” servers who are all die hard WvW players and they all agree that Anet catered to casuals a bit too much and made bursty classes too easy to play. There used to be a time when we could say “Alright, that guy is their main DPS. Focus him!” but no more. It’s impossible.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

“Catered to casuals”

Looks at guild hall requirements, gold nerfs, etc.

Yea, no.

They catered to people who have tons of time to devote to the game.

in WvW

EvilSardine.9635

“Catered to casuals”

Looks at guild hall requirements, gold nerfs, etc.

Yea, no.

They catered to people who have tons of time to devote to the game.

My mistake. I should have used another term. By casuals I meant bad players. :p

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

If the pay2win elites weren’t broken right out of the gate, the noobs wouldn’t part with their money for them.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Jack Daniels.5270

Jack Daniels.5270

So revenant trough wall shooting is also a feature.

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

Maybe instead of spamming all your CDs and hoping to win you should learn to time your skill use better? A competent marks and wells vanilla necro should roll over the large majority of DH players without even trying much. Any ranger with a pet can do the same with a little bit more effort. Break los with the DH and have your pet go at it.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Maybe instead of spamming all your CDs and hoping to win you should learn to time your skill use better? A competent marks and wells vanilla necro should roll over the large majority of DH players without even trying much. Any ranger with a pet can do the same with a little bit more effort. Break los with the DH and have your pet go at it.

What makes a DH dangerous isn’t the solo variety it is what happens when they are with a group or even one extra player. Suddenly avoiding their traps becomes a serious issue and if they are running with a Chronomancer or Tempest… most players gooses are cooked with a big kitten pull right into their traps. With Scrappers you will often see the Scrapper stun go off, they will wait for a stun break, drop a Ward and trap city.

Not only can melees not get near them, their bow has excellent long range DPS. Add in the blocks/invulns makes managing one a complete handful. Managing one with another Elite spec is outright deadly. The only downside to a DH is they have no direct access to speed without an ally.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Quite a lot (if not all) elite specs are much better then original classes. Which, if you think about it, is the reason players buy HoT expansion, to improve their chars. It means anet did elite skills and traits design well, but there is only 2 ways to improve base class – give them more damage or make them survive better.

I am not sure what else anet could do. Make new elite specs worse then original classes? Who would buy the HoT then?

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Free-to-play model guys.
Original classes are now whale chow

in WvW

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

all you see if dragonhunter(zerker) daredevil(dodge or 5555) and condi mesmers in wvw now and there’s a reason for that lol
DH is super strong with no skill required just trap and pull. When i fight them on my scrapper DH heal too much for my burst but i’ve gotten better at fighting them and avoiding traps somewhat lol
But i have a chance vs a DH a condi mesmer on the other hand…

in WvW

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

Yes, but the Renewed Focus Elite (also an invuln rofl) recharges the F3 instantly. It’s a heck of a lot of invulns for such an absurdly bursty class.

Seriously, I’ve been speaking to my guildies and friends on “enemy” servers who are all die hard WvW players and they all agree that Anet catered to casuals a bit too much and made bursty classes too easy to play. There used to be a time when we could say “Alright, that guy is their main DPS. Focus him!” but no more. It’s impossible.

Just to help you out, F3 only blocks frontal damage and worthless against ground targeted AOE.