Top Requested Changes to WvW made in the Forums

in WvW

Posted by: Tine Sionnach.8629

Tine Sionnach.8629

A friend of mine and myself have read nearly every wvw forum post and compiled a list of top requested changes for WvW.

1) STOP free server transfers
2) Numbers Balancing
3) Class Balancing i.e nerf mes portals and thieves invis <main two requested
4) Swap orb and out manned buffs or adjust them
5) Make defending keeps and towers more worth doing with rewards or something.
5* give the person that made any upgrade to the hold some credit any time it is successfully guarded and extra if they helped defend it. Give loot to those who placed siege when their siege weapon has killed a player. < two good ideas.
6) Implement Team Voice chat in game.
7) Make Defenses cheaper or offensive siege more expensive.
8)Change the Report Player ui to allow report hack, exploiting, cheat, leaching (standing in spawn 2-4hrs not leaving just taking up a spot in queue).
9) Fix vanishing siege equipment.
10) Implement Friend Foe feature so you can ally with other servers.
11) wvw karma armor stats, Give us more choices on what stats we want not just toughness vit.
12) walls and doors can only be taken out by siege equipment
13) Raid Set up and window. Allow us to form 20 man raids and set it as 4 five man parties.
14) Add supply depot in spawn points.
15) Workers Repair Walls.

Ok after going as far back as my friend and I could reading forums these were the top 15 request. yes there were many many more but these i would think with everyone requesting they should fix first.

in WvW

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

nice to have it all in one place

10 though I have never seen this topic and I hope this never ever gets implemented

in WvW

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

Since you’ve read every forum post and rank-ordered the top 15 requests, could you please post the raw counts for the rank ordering? Statistics is fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Tine Sionnach.8629

Tine Sionnach.8629

the top 15 are not in any order it is just the top 15 ones but yeah when I get the chance I will post the raw counts. and Number 10 was posted many times however it was never on the op first post it was always a suggestion made later in the post. Usually when some server said another made an alliance or was trying to.

in WvW

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

If they’re not in any order, they shouldn’t be numbered.

But yes, please post the raw counts. A link to a page containing the URLs for every post containing each request would also be nice.

Should be quick and trivial for you since you’ve already done the work.

in WvW

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

I agree with most of them, the top 4 are exactly the top 4, the outnumbered buff gives ZERO benefit to the outnumbered server, why the F would I want to go and farm karma/xp when there’s enemy players all around me while the enemy has too many NPCs and creatures to kill and caravans to protect while they control the zone? Giving a stat boost to the outnumbered team would make sense and give a chance to fight against a large mob.

As for the mesmer portal, it’s severely abused and the results isn’t even funny. On the bridge between the south and north, a mesmer can drop a portal on the bridge and run back to the group while a thief or guardian can go and pull players towards the bridge and the team would portal through and gank the chasers (not to mention stay invisiable for as long as 4-5 seconds after going through the portal due to renderring issues), this exact scenario happened a few days ago. There’s also mesmers getting into keeps with the portal without breaking down doors/walls.

The thief perma invis even while attacking is extremely annoying, and you know what, in the first 3 weeks of GW2 launch, it wasn’t a problem but a patch seemed to have introduced it.

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

in WvW

Posted by: Lewzephyr.5281

Lewzephyr.5281

You missed:
some form of auto-loot of bags, or at a minimum auto-loot of badges.
Convert badges to currency rather than take bag space.
Alt+F4 or logout on downed

Putting the laughter back into Slaughter!!!!!

(edited by Lewzephyr.5281)

in WvW

Posted by: Enenion.8127

Enenion.8127

Thief invisibility doesn’t really need a nerf, they just need to fix the rendering issue so that the thief actually displays the second his stealth falls off. No thief can stealth 100% of the time, it is the rendering issue that makes the thief not be drawn until they can stealth again that is the issue here. If they fix that it should be fine.

I also disagree with 6, 10 and partially with 12 but agree wholeheartedly with 1, 4, 5, 8 and 14.

[Help],
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: nuxotrix.8456

nuxotrix.8456

1. we need a working auto loot or let the badges of honnor put next to the karma points

2. sieges need to get a repair heal skill most off them have only 3 or 4 skills to use or give them a shield that absorb aoe dmg for a x time

in WvW

Posted by: Sniku.6837

Sniku.6837

also i suggest to disable attacks on Walls,and just let doors be attacked,maybe make them bigger

in WvW

Posted by: Wildman.9641

Wildman.9641

So the take away here is Make GW3!! or DAOC 2…

Leave transfers alone! Why do all games have to cater to the PvPers? They are always in the minority but whine the most. Whatever changes they do has to be done to just WvW players.

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

People actually want that feature? If you want to play with people from a different server there is already a way to do that..

in WvW

Posted by: Trimethicon.7405

Trimethicon.7405

Since you’ve read every forum post and rank-ordered the top 15 requests, could you please post the raw counts for the rank ordering? Statistics is fun.

Sad that the community has to even come up with the most common issues, and rank them too. This is something A-NET should be all over. If they want to sell xpacs to players and gold and gems they need a player base to do so, WvW is viewed by many as the end game. Well, its broken and not working. I pray that A-NET has these issues on a whiteboard somewhere asking “DO NOT ERASE”, but somehow I doubt it.

Twist the Blade, 80 Thief
Yaks Bend
TOG – (The Orrian Ghosts)

in WvW

Posted by: nvidia.3765

nvidia.3765

I think that Anet should first fix the mechanics they already have implemented before creating new mechanics. The orb situation just does not work and rewards the biggest zerg. Instead, make it so the orbs do not stack. Thus, no matter what borderlands you are in, the most you could have is 50 more stats and 5% more hp. Also, Eternal battlegrounds should not be allowed to have any orb bonus. Second, the outmanned buff gives karma and experience gains? This does not make any sense. Instead, make it a orb buff and its applicable in any borderland including Eternal Battleground. Finally, put EBs jumping puzzle in the spawn area instead of the nearest keep. The jumping puzzle is a great way to get out of traditional wvw experience but still do pvp with a nice reward. If your getting out zerged in wvw, and you cannot do jumping puzzle, your starting to run out of things to do and the game gets boring.

in WvW

Posted by: Gajumat.4068

Gajumat.4068

I agree with #1 which should help fix #2.
3 and 4 made me lol. QQ more casual gamers.
When defending a tower or keep with siege or organized group the reward you get is a ton of badges enough said imo.

1. omg go DL vent or mumble or teamspeak and give info out to ppl. prob solved
  2. holy hell go farm for 30 or 45mins and make 1 to 2g easily. well the easy way is to complain and have ANet hand you everything for free. Actually work for something you lazy people.
    I agree with #8
  3. another LOL
  4. another LOL if you want other stats go to the AH everything you want is there aside from PWR/TOUGH/VIT.
  5. don’t listen to these whinny ppl ANet keep as is
  6. i agree
  7. made me LOL as well ANet while u at it can you give me a reach around as well?

ppl are so lazy it’s amazing.

and no i’m not a zerger. i just believe ppl should work for stuff they want in games. instead of getting hand outs (ty wow for giving us this lazy generation of gamers)

in WvW

Posted by: Nost.2470

Nost.2470

Thank you for these suggestions. I hope the developers are listening.

I don’t like winning by 100,000 points and I don’t like losing by 100,000 points. We have done both on our server in the past two weeks. I’m starting to worry about the long term future of WvW. I love it, but It’s not something the majority of people find competitive and worthwhile. I even find myself gravitating away from WvW when we are too far in the lead or too far behind. It’s just not interesting when you are blowing someone out or getting blown out. This could snowball if Anet is not careful.

in WvW

Posted by: Scyntrus.2458

Scyntrus.2458

A friend of mine and myself have read nearly every wvw forum post and compiled a list of top requested changes for WvW.

2) Numbers Balancing
5* give the person that made any upgrade to the hold some credit any time it is successfully guarded and extra if they helped defend it. Give loot to those who placed siege when their siege weapon has killed a player. < two good ideas.
8)Change the Report Player ui to allow report hack, exploiting, cheat, leaching (standing in spawn 2-4hrs not leaving just taking up a spot in queue).
9) Fix vanishing siege equipment.
11) wvw karma armor stats, Give us more choices on what stats we want not just toughness vit.
13) Raid Set up and window. Allow us to form 20 man raids and set it as 4 five man parties.

Ok after going as far back as my friend and I could reading forums these were the top 15 request. yes there were many many more but these i would think with everyone requesting they should fix first.

#3: Mesmer portals are fine, if your team is stupid enough to let a mesmer drop a portal, you deserve it. Thief invis is only a problem because of the rendering issue.

#6: Voice chat takes a lot of server bandwidth, just download vent or ts3.

#7: Prices are fine the way I see them.

#9: I haven’t noticed any siege vanishing. Siege can sometimes be ninja’d by enemies, lighting can destroy them, or they might decay from not being used for 30 minutes.

#10: NO. Why would you do that? It’s each player’s choice on who they want to attack.

#11: They want you to buy transmutation stones.

#12: Walls can already only be taken out by siege. Doors should stay the way they are right now. Making it only siege destroyable would make the game very slow, people would just turtle.

#15: Sometimes, you do not want to repair a wall if it’s being constantly trebbed, since it uses up supply and it’s going to go down anyway.

I agree with everything else.

After arguing with an engineer for a while, you begin to realize that he actually enjoys it.

in WvW

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Just fixing things that are broken I think should be top priority, then see how it plays.

We don’t really need new features, cuz you have to know whatever they add will be badly bugged and exploitable, too.

in WvW

Posted by: Knyx.5926

Knyx.5926

@ Flammenwerfer
I would love collision detection but I highly doubt that will ever be seen, probably a huge pain to code, implement much less I am sure a TON of bugs would follow from it alone.

Fixing rendering is definitely top on the list. However I think since people are complaining about rendering in spvp as well, once it is fixed… you know… it may be found that thief is now even more lackluster in wvwvw, and will prob need a buff in another area. You never know, the rendering issue could be just an extreme that makes the class look a little overpowered or balanced but extremely annoying, when without it it could be a worthless or near worthless class (not all thiefs are built 1 hit wonder glass cannon either) (because it is not like the thief is really doing it on purpose, most of them anyway).

As for the orbs I say keep them the same.

As for the outmanned buff. I think It should instead be a buff with the following bonuses:
Siege equipment cost from vendor reduced by 50%
Supply required for siege equipment reduced by 25%
Run speed increased by 5%
Magic Find increased by 25%

This way, the smaller populated server with the outmanned buff, will not only be able to deploy more siege equipment and faster to make up for the number difference. The magic find also in turn increases gold making ability, for said siege equipment.

A quality of life change (effecting the entire game not just wvwvw) that I was hoping would be added to the game when I played my first BWE… which I have never seen anyone talk about… is Jump height.

I think it would be definitely more creative and make much more sense if the game’s design had equal value to jump height as it does movement speed. For instance, abilities to increase jump height passive or active depending on your class ofc.
(I don’t want this to turn into some flame session at my expense just because I am using 2 classes as an example so keep in mind, I mean nothing by the mention of those 2 classes)
Some Warrior abilities have the animation and ability to leap quite a distance and land on the target, but classes like thief and others in lighter armor cannot? Is does not make much sense to me, but meh its just a game. I would think though thief which is “supposed” to be the most mobile would have some sort of jump height increase as well. Agility is not just determined by run speed, and it feels kind of “been there, done that” since most games have used only movement speed as a baseline to increase or decrease. I think jump height being on equal ground even if it was just swiftness buffed jump heigh as well, and maybe certain classes had an active or passive that let you jump 2-8x higher then current would be a neat addition.

Obviously there would be good arguments that it wouldn’t be right for certain classes to be able to jump on top of walls in say wvwvw. But since this is just a theorycraft really, the max could be capped so that couldn’t happen in most situations, unless the community was willing to have it set to only 1-2 classes that could in fact jump onto walls.

:)

in WvW

Posted by: AkiraZero.8514

AkiraZero.8514

Lot of good points here, hopefully some of which will be looked at by ANet to make WvW more enjoyable.
The one I really disagree with is Mesmer portals, people are just whining about it due to getting stomped without realising it, simply because they we’re too busy zerging off to their next destination before fully sweeping the place they just took over.
My server is also guilty of this, doesn’t matter how often I tell them to check every corner I still see them all run off and I end up having to check a whole keep by myself!
If you cant have 2-3 people just spend an extra minute or 2 to check around then the only real blame should be placed on yourself.

Also as a Mesmer I can tell you the portal isnt all that great, even when I manage to stay behind in a keep thats just been zerged to death, its very rare people pay enough attention to me to take advantage of it, they usually ignore me shouting in map chat where to come to in order to be ported back in and just go swing wildly at the gates until they die! >.<

Another addition to the list would be the commander title, it should be earned and not bought, I’ve seen it brought up in many, many threads. People generally blindly follow commanders into whatever situation is going on just because of the icon, even if its an obviously bad plan!
There should be a system to earn ranks instead!

Akira Antares/Necrosymphonic/Valiant Echo [AVA] [ZERO]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

1. change is end free server transfers to higher ranked servers

followed very closely by

1. swap orb and outmanned bonuses

in WvW

Posted by: Joshiasi.2840

Joshiasi.2840

Well my gripe is generally the scoring system in WvWvW.

I had an idea in which every server starts with X amount of points (eg. 100). For everytime a server successfully gains a keep they get let say 5 pts and the defending server loses 5 pts and vice versa. Maybe like (Stone Mist 10 pts, Keeps 7 pts, Forts 5 pts, Supply Camp 3 pts)

Then the team with the most points at the end of the week gets the victory. I guess it somehows solve the whole “night capping” issue as when the day comes, servers can log back in and retake what they totally lost and still be striking distance from another server. It may also help keeping the competition good as no lead is safe.

Gao Bahn – Thief
Rethesis

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

didnt see this one on the list – forgive me if I missed it -

Siege Golem Rights – and something to prevent them from losing it to theft or in the event of a crash.

It hasn’t happened to me but I felt very bad for people that lost the insanely expensive golems to theives or crashes. I was simply helping someone build their golem, and I felt bad because I really was just helping but they jumped right in instantly and ran off. Understandable but not cool for either party when someone is just being helpful or the builder afraid of losing their investment.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: unleashed.8679

unleashed.8679

Lot of good points here, hopefully some of which will be looked at by ANet to make WvW more enjoyable.
The one I really disagree with is Mesmer portals, people are just whining about it due to getting stomped without realising it, simply because they we’re too busy zerging off to their next destination before fully sweeping the place they just took over.
My server is also guilty of this, doesn’t matter how often I tell them to check every corner I still see them all run off and I end up having to check a whole keep by myself!
If you cant have 2-3 people just spend an extra minute or 2 to check around then the only real blame should be placed on yourself.

Also as a Mesmer I can tell you the portal isnt all that great, even when I manage to stay behind in a keep thats just been zerged to death, its very rare people pay enough attention to me to take advantage of it, they usually ignore me shouting in map chat where to come to in order to be ported back in and just go swing wildly at the gates until they die! >.<

I don’t have a problem with that and i don’t know why everyone thinks of mesmer hiding inside keeps, when someone says the portal needs a nerf. It’s you own fault when you don’t clear the camp!

But that mesmer are able to teleport the whole server with one portal makes this skill to the strongest in game. It’s the only skill that can bypass defense for the whole server (well only “skill that can bypass defense” would be enough). So why would it be such a big nerf to only let 5 or 10 people pass it?

A nother thing is that the portal exit is an instant cast. The mesmer can stealth or just suicide out of the keep and place the portal next to you and you cant do anything against it. You can’t interrupt him or kill him fast enough.

Another addition to the list would be the commander title, it should be earned and not bought, I’ve seen it brought up in many, many threads. People generally blindly follow commanders into whatever situation is going on just because of the icon, even if its an obviously bad plan!
There should be a system to earn ranks instead!

+1 Just by farming 100g you don’t become a good leader. Just let people vote for commanders or something like that. I have seen people coordinating the server via map chat much better than any commander out there and they just don’t have the 100g to spend on that stupid icon or don’t need it.

The 100g actual commanders spend could be user to give them the ability to form raids.

(edited by unleashed.8679)

in WvW

Posted by: Lashay.6581

Lashay.6581

1) Yes or limit it to only from high pop to low/med pop servers with two weeks or more transfer cooldown or lock out from wvw

2) Kind of yes, but should allow a certain amount (50) before it kicks in otherwise server caps everything in a land and then all leave, other servers cannot get enough people in to take anything

3) the two main issues with these class’s are bugs, it was never intended for a class to be able to bypass walls and thieves perma invis is a recent rendering bug introduced by a patch

4) Yes to swapping and adjusting (ie don’t just swap)

5) Getting something for standing doing nothing in a building that is not being attacked. Sure! there is no way that won’t be abused……

5* As someone who spends a fortune on siege and upgrading….no

6) No

7) Defenses should be faster but not cheaper. Only rams need to be made more expensive

8) Yes

9) Never seen it happen outside of 30? min no use timeout or receiving damage the instant it is placed

10) No way, that happens and WvW just becomes your standard 2 team faction match up with one of the teams having double the people

11) Minor issue, but no real objection

12) If people want to waste their time..let them

13) Yes

14) No real need, if you cannot take one supply camp….

15) As long as there is supply and workers are not engaged building something.. no problem with it

Cannot believe you left out the invisible players/army’s, or siege safely inside one base attacking another (and many times not even raising crossed swords)

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

I’m iffy on the mesmer portals and the thief abilities to get into secured areas – simply because in real life ..it is possible for someone to infiltrate an area – and to me what I appreciate most about wvw is being able to apply war strategies, so I’m not in a rush to call it an exploit …now about porting in a whole team of 50 …that doesn’t make sense to me – but to have 1 or 2 people sneak in and “attempt” to take over …it should be possible but nearly impossible …a feat that deserves recognition and respect – not an exploit that wouldn’t be possible in real life – an assassin sneaking in and taking out a guildlord should be possible….but taking out a whole location .. not easy – so maybe the game translation to this is taking out a guild lord …doesn’t take over the area …BUT ….if your team cracks down the door …the location is instantly yours.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Mira.4906

Mira.4906

Going through the order of the topics

1.) free server transfers should be limited to once per month or a reward for the rank1 server to allow guilds to transfer off when queues get too long or they become too stong for other servers to put up a fight and win by 100k-200k points a week. I really don’t like people that transfer to winning servers but will respect people that transfer to weaker servers citing TA leaving HoD.

2.) WvWvW was never intended to be fair, if your server can’t compete with servers with larger populations you don’t belong in their tier. If your boarderline were as your server gets destroyed one tier up and dominates 1 tier down then you will have to change how your server plans for the match to even the score (cap camps before the timer on scoring goes, play at different times, if your really outmanned don’t try to compete in all 4 maps focus on 1 or 2 maps and even the numbers that way but i don’t believe that one server should be able to dictate the numbers of partipants for the other 2 servers.

3.) Class Balancing: thieves are fine yes they go in stealth and that can be annoying but there are plenty of counters. Mesmer portals could use some work, my suggestion is not to nerf them but limit the number of people to be able to go through to 10 this way you can still hide a mesmer in a keep use the teleport get 10 on the wall, make sure there are 2-3 more mesmers in the group that ports up have them use portals as well and we still get 20-30 people on the walls. I believe that this might be able to help with rendering that occures with mass teleports.

4.) orb bonus- swapping them is a bad idea because if all we get is magic find, more karma , and something else I for one will never go for the orbs since it isn’t worth it. Now could the efffects of owning an orb be lessen to +25 stats instead of +50 stats thats for ANET to decide but would be interesting to test for a few weeks. However I feel that if you have a outmanned buff there is no hope even if you had increased stats.

5.) I think that the rewards for defending keeps are fine and any extra rewards to the person who upgrads it is nice in theory but it will provide grief to the server. An example is a small guild (less than 10 person guild) claims stonemist they do one upgrade just for the rewards instead of the large guild with buffs upgraded and the amount of coin to fully upgrade the castle. I know of no server that will say let them take SM without a fight. The person from the small guild will benefit but the server as a whole will not.

6.) Team voice chat: Besides for the massive bandwith it takes to do this i don’t want to try to listen for the few rationial people over bickering that goes on in some servers and not everyone is mature so it will cause 2-3 of the population on the map to turn it off. There are a lot of alturnatives that are free and guilds have been using for years.

7.) The main defense is people, 10 people can hold 40 attackers for so long but without reinforcements the tower or keep will fall, making siege more expensive hurts the little guys that are not a part of the parger guild but want to supply siege to help their server.

8.) changing the reports to include hacking and exploits are good, with regards to “leachers” i’m sure you get kicked out after a period of inactivity much less than the 2-4hrs and its not something than ANET can do directly against the account. I could be wrong but I did not see anything about standing in the spawn areas in wvwvw that can result in your account being suspended. From observation bots are a much larger problem in WvWvW an people standing around.

Guild Leader for [Myth] Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Mira.4906

Mira.4906

9.) Siege Equipment disappearing is not an issue as if a piece of siege is not used for 30 min it despawns. I like this system since if siege stayed for the week I would put 50 arrow/balistas in SM lord room and forget the walls and defending gates no one is getting that castle.

10.) There is no need for this as this is a 3-way war, if 1 server is dominating the other 2 servers don’t fight for 2nd place fight for 1st place. Fighting for second place is far too common .

11.) Transmutation stones

12.) if the doors can only be damanged by siege equipment why would we push them from the doors all we have to do is focus fire any siege they build on runs and let them try to clear the walls. Making doors be damaged by players makes us have to push them back with numbers or coordination with small groups.

13.) we already have parties and squads we don’t need to make a raid system also since there is a lack of a healing class parties are kinda worthless besides seeing the location on the other person, you can still travel in groups of 20 and there is an indicator on the mini map if an ally goes down.

14.) I never had trouble getting a group to go and resupply at a supply camp even if we had to fight our way there to do it. Supply is the limiting factor in WvWvW besides population and adding a place to resupply would make it way to easy to capture keeps if the entire zerg waypoints to base for supply and leaves for the nearest keep instead of going to hit 2-3 supply camps before making the assualt on the keep.

15.) Workers waste supply were as player are smarter and can run to a nearby supply depot. If workers repair walls or doors it will be too hard to upgrade anything especially SM if all the supply is used for repais instead of fortificaitions.

These are my thoughts and everyone is allowed to have an opinion, feel free to agree or disagree just be respectful.

Guild Leader for [Myth] Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Explicits.9740

Explicits.9740

I could not agree with this set of changes anymore (with the exception of #10 – its a all around bad idea!) Also, another suggestion instead of free transfers is have a 30 day cool down on transfers. Having people transfer on a daily basis on a whim is just not working. We are experiencing mass migrations to the server that is winning every week.

I fully support this thread of suggestions. And by supporting it, I now bump it to the top!

Developers need to see this and take action before their amazing idea of WvW is damaged too far…

in WvW

Posted by: Webley.1295

Webley.1295

I think with things like alt+F4 to get out of death there will be a large update that will fix multiple things that we have been waiting for

At least thats what i hope. Anet must see that WvW needs attention. There are still however bosses that bugg out and need balancing in the PvE world and this silly Halloween thing they are working on and the MAC client. Not to mention that they still havent implemented the Make Over kits in the gem store when they got added to the database in a previous patch

So sit and wait… A large patch will be coming through soon (Or lots of little ones)

Anet are fairly slow with the updates. and mainly we have seen only fixes. Any major balance patches still have been non-exsistant. Every MMO will get a balance patch sooner or later. Its just a matter of when

Im glad they dont rush things, but I have also been patient for it to come out

we have only seen minor nerfs to certain things. but overall there have been no real balance patches. They nerfed HS first then tested the water. Once it settled they confirmed it was the right move and then nerfed the next thing… pistol whip. Just a matter of time for backstab. This could possibly be thier way of dealing with balancing. one skill at a time

Generally when we see things get balanced with our classes its only one or two changes at a time with a couple of weeks inbetween

I still have hope for anet, but I must admit my game time is getting lower as I am waiting for some sort of patch to get me interested again. After doing all of my exploration and learning all the cool tricks you start to uncover the problems you dont see in the first month of playing

(edited by Webley.1295)

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I would like you to add “downed state/revives” to that list given what a detrimental impact they have on WvW strategies and tactics, giving a further advantage to an already more powerful enemy.

in WvW

Posted by: Aaron.4807

Aaron.4807

So the take away here is Make GW3!! or DAOC 2…

Leave transfers alone! Why do all games have to cater to the PvPers? They are always in the minority but whine the most. Whatever changes they do has to be done to just WvW players.

Mostly because the free transfers are destroying established wvw communities.

Wrekks/Wrekts

in WvW

Posted by: Maverickroll.9562

Maverickroll.9562

I agree with everything except #’s 12 and 13

1. - This will lead to much less “action” going in terms of taking or defending keeps because you’re limiting what the individual player can do. Sure, they could spend some very hard earned currency to get a siege weapon and sure they can pray at least 3 other people nearby can help them build that ram but otherwise that player is S.O.L unless they want to ferry 10 supply back and forth in the vain hope that something always needs building (or repairing). Aside from picking off stragglers on the walls, not being able to attack the gate limits gameplay.
  1. - I’d quit the game over this one. Why? Unlike some people who bought their way to it, I earned my Commander title for over three + weeks I did anything I could to earn gold. Farming high level mobs before the DR would kick (thus moving to another location). Event chain farming, WvWing, anything that might bring in some money I did. And it was worth it since I am a PvPer, I could care jack and or youknowthewordthatgoeshere about PvE. Not saying your idea was designed with PvE in mind but it’s a direct slap in the face for people that EARNED their Commander title and icon and squad ability. There may be no monthly sub to this game but you can still “quit” it, just never log in again. I busted my butt for Commander, so if #13 was ever implemented, I’m gone.

in WvW

Posted by: Xarucard.8643

Xarucard.8643

I’m kinda suprised no one brought up a change so that you can’t treb from castle to castle to keep walls of other keeps perma down. I don’t know if many would like this but I think it would be a better experience so that you need a group to break into a keep, rather then 1 guy from halfway across the map.

Dunno, I just feel seige used for offence should be in a vulnerable area so that it needs to be immediatly defended rather then getting a free pass from a fully upgraded keep. It’s mostly the fact that every keep is tightly packed together so we’re not running for 5 minutes from area to area. This should make taking some places a little harder instead of keeping walls/gates constantly down as the seige should be in a more vulnerable position.

in WvW

Posted by: derekisazombie.2359

derekisazombie.2359

My biggest problem is STOP THOSE kitten TRANSFERS ARENANET! pleeeeeease! It’s ruining WvW for almost everyone!

AND yourselves! You can’t possibly think you’re going to hold up true server rankings with free transfers in place. NO NO NO NO NO

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

you forgot:

Get rid of or change the scoreboard.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: AkiraZero.8514

AkiraZero.8514

@unleashed.8679

Agreed, the amount of people able to use it could do with adjusting, although it wouldn’t really change anything. If it was limited to 5 players, you could port 5 more Mesmer’s in who could then port 5 more people in each, it would require more planning and better execution on a teams part, but the results would still be the same. (Although making a team work better together in these ways is probably a much better way to make players use better tactics and planning!)

I’m sure the portal at the moment “can” be devastating against a server not willing to look for Mesmers (through fault of their own), but at the same time, I haven’t managed to use it effectively yet as most people ignore me yelling “COME HERE, I CAN PORTAL YOU IN”, most people just idiotically ignore you and do what everyone else is doing and attack the walls with no real effect lol
When it comes down to it, its all about tactics, if your just going to zerg from one place to another gaining points without worrying about defending then you’ll probably lose the keep you just took anyway. It takes real coordination to get a full team to portal properly and efficiently, where as it only takes 1 or 2 people to stay behind while your zerg runs off to check the keep for players hiding. But like I say, changing the amount of people that can use a portal wouldn’t change anything, only nerfing the portal completely so it cant go through walls would stop it.

Although the people saying the portal shouldn’t be able to pass the wall anyway obviously don’t understand what a portal is, it’s a gateway taking you from one place to another, not via a straight line or path or projection using LOS, just instantaneously from one location to another! Why would it ever be blocked by walls? Captain Kirk didn’t worry about using a transporter because there were walls in the way of his destination :P
If they nerfed the way the portal works it would make it pretty useless (if it was made a skill that used LOS). it’d only be able to be used to switch between two close destinations to keep yourself out of melee range of something, but an enemy would know exactly where you were going to appear so it’d be pretty useless in that way too in pvp/wvw . They can do what they want with the number of people that can use it, but I hope they don’t change the ability to go through walls.

Again this leads into the Commander thing, a good commander who’s earned his title and knows how things work should be making sure Mesmer’s ALWAYS at least try to stay inside a lost keep to get them back in and should be ready to organise and rally the troops back through the portal to take it back.
On the flip side, a good commander should also be telling a team not to leave until a keep is completely checked for Mesmer’s, this rarely happens when someone has paid for something they haven’t earned.

There should be a ranking system based on how much a player has contributed in various ways in WvW, voting would just make large guilds vote themselves as commanders which isn’t really earning it either.

Akira Antares/Necrosymphonic/Valiant Echo [AVA] [ZERO]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

Please change stop free transfers to restrict free transfers further. All stoping free transfers would do is cement the already over populated servers dominance.

in WvW

Posted by: unleashed.8679

unleashed.8679

@AkiraZero.8514:
If a team get’s managed to organize those 5 mesmerportals it’s ok for me. But it can’t be that one person can break the defense for the whole server. With some teamwork and organisation it’s ok and the fault of the Team capturing the camp and not cleaning it.

Yes i have to agree, do not nerf the ability to port through walls. That would be the stupidest thing ever and delete one tactical element in the game. [hope i didn’t say that in my post]

For the commander, why not voting for him. Any automated system can be manipulated. How can a computer decide that a command someone makes is good or bad? Or is it the person who places the most Siege-weapons? → will be like buying the commander.

I think that a big guild can vote for their commander shouldn’t be that big deal. If they think their guy knows what he is doing, why not? [No i am not in a big guild 40 man and 15 max. in WvW]

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

Just reminding everyone these are the top things that are asked for but of course not necessarily the ones best for the game.

What it does point out is that we do not have enough topics requesting ANET remove the EU/US server divide as this is truly the one simple thing that could probably make a huge impact very quickly. So let’s get busy guys and start some more of those petitions or whatever. WvW is a 24/7 game and the worlds need to be international!

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Zee.1294

Zee.1294

1. No PvP progression – boring ( give people something to fight for)
2. Orb- out man bufs- don’t make any sents (Karma boost going to Orbs , PvP bonus going to OM buff)
3. Free server transfers- no comment on this…………i,m speechless .
Fix this 3 end the rest will fall in line

Viggen ( SF ) warrior – JQ
Want some…..come get some !

in WvW

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

Popularity and repetition of requests is not the same thing as balanced and healthy changes for the game.

Some of these are good suggestions, others are not.

in WvW

Posted by: Ravenous.1728

Ravenous.1728

1) Keep transfers free, but limit to monthly, after a 1 week trial daily (to help those new players get where their friends are). This would be alerted 2 weeks in advance, so everyone could get to the server they actually wish to be at.

2) I’ve never used a ram personally, but from what I’ve observed, they’re what 1 or 2 player operated?.. The dmg should scale by being full & require 4 to get max dmg. Players take 25% less dmg while operating.

3) 1 ram vs wood, 2 rams vs stone & 3 vs metal keep control mechanics, will help those who finally claimed a keep in a nearly full controlled / upgraded map to not lose it in 1 min when 3 rams & 40 people show up, that 10 people trying to defend have no chance too. It’ll still go down, but take a bit longer.

4) Diminishing dmg done on overlapping AE’s, to something like 15% less dmg done with 2, 30% with 3 & 45% with 4 or more. If you have the OM buff, this is changed to 10, 20 & 30%.

I think #11 was meaning the Invader karma armour only has tough & vit. There is no say power & prec, with the 3rd being healing & cond, etc.. I could be mistaken, its been awhile since I bought mine over a month ago, but I only recall tough vit.

in WvW

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

It was free transfers that allowed me to find a server that fit my playstyle and schedule. While I agree that it’s being abused, it also has a beneficial effect for many players.

2) Numbers Balancing

I’m assuming this is in regards to population. Hard caps or controls on population is a bad idea. Some would say the entire point of the game is getting into WvW and brawling freeform. Telling people they can’t play the game because other people aren’t playing the game is counter-productive.

Better to inact some kind of power-balancing buff, although even that is sketchy. Server matchups seem to be having the desired effect, anyway.

People lose to a class then ask for it to be nerfed. It isn’t the class that’s strong, it’s the person playing it. Or rather, it’s the person who’s losing being so weak and bad that they want artificial advantages handed to them until they can feel like they’re winning. This isn’t balance, it’s selfish greed and lack of effort.

The orbs need to be valuable, otherwise what’s the point in fighting over them. However, I do admit that in their current state it only promotes a snowball effect where a side that’s already winning is more likely to continue doing so. But in some cases orbs change hands many times over the course of the week. See #2: server matchups seem to be working in this regard.

WvW is the effort of the entire server, not just individuals. What about the people running supply? They get nothing? The people defending supply camps and yaks? Repairing walls and gates? Manning the walls and repelling defenders? Scouting and providing intel?

If you want a more personal touch, there is always sPVP. There’s already a deficiency in this regard, and increasing special rewards only for certain actions is only going to cause even more people to ignore teamwork in favor of selfishly seeking rewards. It’s already hard enough to get people to do supply runs.

Yes. kitten this should have been in the game since launch.

This just makes it harder to attack and easier to defend. What’s the justification for that?

The entire point of WvWvW is that it’s a three way battle. This sort of change would just allow two servers to completely shut out a third for a week and goes against the nature and dynamic of the game. A horrible idea, imho.

I agree. More sidegrade and customization choices for players is almost always a good idea.

This is just another aspect of #7.

This seems like a bad idea because control of supply and supply camps is a vital part of the WvW dynamic. There are a number of problems with having supply for free at your starting point.

Just handing it out for free every time you respawn takes away from the value of controlling supply camps and attacking/defending yaks.

People attacking out of their spawn could just load up on trebs from their immunity zone to make controlling the nearest towers/camps too easy.

Supply runs near the starting area would be quick one way trips. Tele to the start, grab supply, run back or tele back to the nearest spawn to your destination.

This is 7 again.

in WvW

Posted by: Swedemon.4670

Swedemon.4670

Tine, if you could please edit your list accordingly with the additional items provided. I think this will help the devs see everything in one location.

in WvW

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

10,12, and 14 should never happen

in WvW

Posted by: DemonCow.5328

DemonCow.5328

I actually have a suggestion: Remove the 5 person cap on AoE.

People can still stack to take advantage of rendering, and the only counter to a mesmer portal (besides killing the mesmer before they activate both sides) is dropping aoe on it, but if you have a whole zerg coming through, it’s not effective.

Besides, AoE is AREA of effect, not ‘affect the targeted person plus 4 more random people in the area’.

[TI] Taking Initiative- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader
takinginitiative.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Wolffmother.4895

Wolffmother.4895

you forgot:

Get rid of or change the scoreboard.

Why do people say this! This idea makes no sense! Yes let’s give everyone ribbons for participation and there is no winner or loser that completely defeats the purpose of competition, what is this kindergarten gym class?

As for the “Oh people won’t be demoralized and will want to play more” try to be realistic, if I hop into WvW and see the map is entirely controlled by one server pretty sure it’s safe to assume we are losing, and vice versa if I jump in and my server is owning everything again pretty safe to assume my server is winning, most if not all cases will be similar to this

Taking away the scoreboard makes it a powderpuff game and it still wouldn’t even fully achieve the purpose people think it will.

in WvW

Posted by: ohac.8720

ohac.8720

Very nice list, I say it’s about spot on. Thnx for posting this, hopfully devs will take heed.

Tracker Maximous, Guardious Maximous, Arcanious Maximous, [DH] DragonHorn Officer
http://www.dragonhorn.net

in WvW

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

The free transfers had destroyed my server Stormbluffisle im really sad now 80% of our server is now pve only , and the last week the HoD roll to other server , they sucks actually . still we are here some pvpers who want to win a defend our server , but the free server transfer is detroying all the wvw. and these sucks and is very sad.

Anet dont do nothing actually and now i see also the gems and i lol how much they cost actually are insane. Only nabs are going to buy gems these is getting worsth everyday i play here, but well i still play to see some changes.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion