Tough matchup

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: Shinzou.1534

Shinzou.1534

You are saying it is exploiting to build trebs on a cliff that only we can get to, when you could build siege to destroy it? I know what cliff you are referring to. I helped build a treb on the IoJ version of the cliff. It is a long walk, and took us half an hour to build one Treb due to no supply. Didn’t take long to be destroyed.

Also to say that we will be banned for it for exploiting, when the largest WvW servers are exploiting free server transfers to do the opposite of what A-net has stated they want, is hypocritical.

I think there is a clear line here. A-net hasn’t stated they don’t want us to build there, but they certainly have stated they want people to move off the heavy WvW servers. Who is doing the exploiting again?

MikeFerguson

Ideally, we would see some people move from worlds with extreme queue times to worlds that need additional people and start building up active wvw communities there as well. Having more worlds with heavily active populations in WvW will be a very good thing for the long term health of the game, and spreading out the population will help reduce the queue times on the worlds with the longest queues.

(edited by Shinzou.1534)

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: maximumpanda.5178

maximumpanda.5178

transfering to another server is not an exploit. recruiting is not an exploit. now last i checked that siege is not destroyable unless you retaliate the damage back at the trebs.

arena net’s suggestion is toward people who are complaining about queues, not server propulation in general. idealing people wouldnt group up on the same servers, but arenanet cant/wont enforce that. your desperately looking for something that makes ET look like the bad guys here, but you dont have a viable leg to stand on.

now if you want to talk about exploiting.. whoses server is the one using fly hacks?

Maximumpanda – Director of – Ruin Gaming [Ruin]
Desolation [DESO]

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

GOM dominated crystal desert in the 24 hour rotations. now they’re able to spawn camp our base.
world vs world is broken.

Attachments:

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

I am just going by what the cross – servering officer said “you can jump right up there” and he was using there siege the officer kept it fireing in the same place then the ruin team moved gardians there to try to reflect the dmg in order to destroy it.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

Tough matchup

in WvW

maximumpanda.5178

every major wvw server is recruiting from other servers. just read these forums and you will see it. hell we have members from IOJ and SOS spamming our LA right now. at the end of the day recruiting is absolutely mandatory to compete at higher levels.

Well you people disgust me that you would selfishly risk destroying this game on the scale that its currently on for your own selfish egotistic pleasures.

Get a life.

i was going to let this go.. but really? i mean really? just because we recruit to our server means we are trying to kill the game? its not like we are slaving your members away. anyone who transfers does it willingly. i also actively support you guys organizing yourselves to fight us. in another thread i gave you the guidelines to setting up a successful alliance to fight us.

we have no intention of killing your server, we will however accept people who wish to leave as we are still a really REALLY low population server.

i dont see how this has anything to do with my real life, i happen to have a fairly active social life, i just also happen to use gaming as my hobby, and i take a small amount of pride in the work that my guild does. now would i run around parties telling every girl i meet that im leet in pvp and long term strategy… hell no, but in this environment i see fit to defend our server’s position.

again we neither exploit or break the spirit of gameplay by 1. winning 2. recruiting.

Desolation [DESO]

Tough matchup

in WvW

maximumpanda.5178

I am just going by what the cross – servering officer said “you can jump right up there” and he was using there siege the officer kept it fireing in the same place then the ruin team moved gardians there to try to reflect the dmg in order to destroy it.

see this is something i did not know. looking into it, will post what comes out of an investigation.

Desolation [DESO]

Tough matchup

in WvW

Shinzou.1534

I haven’t seen any fly hacks here on IoJ. I haven’t personally seen SoS do it either, but that is probably because you guys are smashing their faces into the dirt as well and I haven’t been able to catch a glimpse of a single SoS player all week.

I can see the temptation to hack/exploit in this situation though. If I didn’t have morals or common sense I would probably do it too.

Also as for you saying that you “diplomatic” missions are not exploits. Tomato, Tomahto. Yes, transferring to another server is not an exploit. Recruiting on your own server is not an exploit. When you are sending people to other servers to explicitly recruit people who can put up a fight against you, that is the line that you crossed.

If this were real life and you were running a company, you would be investigated for anti-competitive acts. Something that is flat out illegal. Be glad this is just a game and you can instead get your rocks off from ruining the enjoyment of others.

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

every major wvw server is recruiting from other servers. just read these forums and you will see it. hell we have members from IOJ and SOS spamming our LA right now. at the end of the day recruiting is absolutely mandatory to compete at higher levels.

Well you people disgust me that you would selfishly risk destroying this game on the scale that its currently on for your own selfish egotistic pleasures.

Get a life.

i was going to let this go.. but really? i mean really? just because we recruit to our server means we are trying to kill the game? its not like we are slaving your members away. anyone who transfers does it willingly. i also actively support you guys organizing yourselves to fight us. in another thread i gave you the guidelines to setting up a successful alliance to fight us.

we have no intention of killing your server, we will however accept people who wish to leave as we are still a really REALLY low population server.

i dont see how this has anything to do with my real life, i happen to have a fairly active social life, i just also happen to use gaming as my hobby, and i take a small amount of pride in the work that my guild does. now would i run around parties telling every girl i meet that im leet in pvp and long term strategy… hell no, but in this environment i see fit to defend our server’s position.

again we neither exploit or break the spirit of gameplay by 1. winning 2. recruiting.

So you all don’t have long queues on ET?

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: Piccolo.7296

Piccolo.7296

To the people who claim Eredon Terrace threw their 24/hr matches. You’re all ignorant. Some troll from HoD threw around the rumor that we didn’t want to face them so we threw matches. Do you believe everything you hear and read? Come on now. Do you honestly think anyone on Eredon Terrace want’s to be facing SoS and Jars? It’s not fun for any of the three sides. I haven’t touched WvWvW since the first day of the one week battle.. Why? Because it’s boring due to the fact that we own everything.

We didn’t throw our matches. When we faced HoD in the 24/hr matches, we lost. We got ourkitten handed to us expect for one match and that one was very close. Just because we lost doesn’t mean we threw the 24/hr matches. If you must know, we actually destroyed SoS and BG which was our last 24/hr match. I was fully expecting to face HoD for the one week battle, but I guess I don’t understand the ranking systems.

So again, to continue and say that Eredon Terrace threw their match, you’re pretty ignorant. We WANT to face the best servers.

Tough matchup

in WvW

maximumpanda.5178

I haven’t seen any fly hacks here on IoJ. I haven’t personally seen SoS do it either, but that is probably because you guys are smashing their faces into the dirt as well and I haven’t been able to catch a glimpse of a single SoS player all week.

I can see the temptation to hack/exploit in this situation though. If I didn’t have morals or common sense I would probably do it too.

Also as for you saying that you “diplomatic” missions are not exploits. Tomato, Tomahto. Yes, transferring to another server is not an exploit. Recruiting on your own server is not an exploit. When you are sending people to other servers to explicitly recruit people who can put up a fight against you, that is the line that you crossed.

If this were real life and you were running a company, you would be investigated for anti-competitive acts. Something that is flat out illegal. Be glad this is just a game and you can instead get your rocks off from ruining the enjoyment of others.

let me be clear. we are not going to your server with specific people that we are trying to take. we are however just putting a general bulletin out saying “hey we need more people to join us at late night as we work toward #1 server” the exact same thing is done on the forums, and happens on the forums. while we may be crushing you right now, we can tell you that the battle in the 1st bracket is much more balanced and even, because they are all servers that are putting in the same work as we are now.

again we dont force anyone to join us, its just another form of advertisement. anyone who does come, does so purely because they want too. as long as people from our server stay out of the actual battle, all it is an easily blockable advertisement.

if you really want to be mad about people undermining servers, look at the other server brackets who are transfering entire guilds to manipulate the server population to their “home” servers advantage. these guys are violating the spirit of play in an invasive way. we simply put 3 sentences in chat.

Desolation [DESO]

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: Psy.6153

Psy.6153

And there it is, your error you just stepped into.
You are NOT accepting people, you are going and POACHING people from other servers. Theres a huge difference.

And in the WvW side of the game, no you are not a really REALLY low population server, you’re one of the highest pops with highest queues, unless youre recruiting them for pve!

Stop being selfish and just roll with the server who chose to play the server instead of making yourselves look like even more ridiculous.

Portal Bomber of
Sea of Sorrows NA

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: omgwtfbbq.5374

omgwtfbbq.5374

On Gates of Madness, we have a few guilds that focus on wvw, but due to the complete one sided fight right now, I see many people saying that they refuse to do it anymore. We can take a few supply camps/towers but they are quickly retaken, and it’s demoralizing. I for one, am quickly losing all interest in playing wvw since you really can’t do anything when you are outnumbered 3 to 1.

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: Piccolo.7296

Piccolo.7296

You are NOT accepting people, you are going and POACHING people from other servers. Theres a huge difference.

And in the WvW side of the game, no you are not a really REALLY low population server, you’re one of the highest pops with highest queues, unless youre recruiting them for pve!

Stop being selfish and just roll with the server who chose to play the server instead of making yourselves look like even more ridiculous.

Since when was it against the rules to recruit people? At the end of the day, it’s the players that decide if they want to move to another server or not.

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

You all can keep going on about Eredon Terrace, but the reality is you could insert any server out of the top 4 and the results will be the same. The simple break down is:

1 EXTREME server who has 24/7 organization and players (HoD)
3 Highly Active servers who have great organization and coverage during NA prime time and good coverage in the off hours (ET/SBI/JQ)

Someone is going to have to go down each week. ET was actually poised to go back up for the 1 week matches but got held back. If it wasn’t ET, it would have been JQ and the results would be the same.

The same thing is going to continue to happen until:

1. Another server steps into the Highly active server bunch crowd (such as people xferring to or from the Oceanic servers)
2. One of the top 4 servers tumbles down due to a mass transfer, people quitting, etc.

Just the way it is.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

You all can keep going on about Eredon Terrace, but the reality is you could insert any server out of the top 4 and the results will be the same. The simple break down is:

1 EXTREME server who has 24/7 organization and players (HoD)
3 Highly Active servers who have great organization and coverage during NA prime time and good coverage in the off hours (ET/SBI/JQ)

Someone is going to have to go down each week. ET was actually poised to go back up for the 1 week matches but got held back. If it wasn’t ET, it would have been JQ and the results would be the same.

The same thing is going to continue to happen until:

1. Another server steps into the Highly active server bunch crowd (such as people xferring to or from the Oceanic servers)
2. One of the top 4 servers tumbles down due to a mass transfer, people quitting, etc.

Just the way it is.

But this isn’t just happening with that second group that has 1 of the top servers in it.

This is happening all the way down the rank charts, including the last three.

Obviously, something is wrong with the system.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

Tough matchup

in WvW

Shinzou.1534

I don’t care if you just put three sentences in chat to recruit. You know who else puts three sentences in chat? Gold sellers.

Stay on your own server or post in the guild recruitment forum. It is there for a reason.

So it is clear, I also have a problem with the other servers doing it. Any guild that does this is being anti-competitive and should be disciplined. You just so happen to be here to post to.

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Knight.2637

Tobias Knight.2637

Perhaps make the Orbs reset after a time? Or if a team has all 3 then they reset after 24hrs or something?

I don’t even want to go into WvWvW anymore because it’s always a sad state.

Tough matchup

in WvW

Sky.9347

Perhaps make the Orbs reset after a time? Or if a team has all 3 then they reset after 24hrs or something?

I don’t even want to go into WvWvW anymore because it’s always a sad state.

That wouldn’t matter because with the dominance 1 server has, they would just go get them and bring them back again.

It would just be a periodic point boost for the winners.

Tough matchup

in WvW

maximumpanda.5178

psy you fail to realize that this bracket is not the one we are working to fight toward. SOS and IOJ while emerging servers isnt dedicated to WvW, and thats fine its just not your cup of tea. but those of us who WvW is the side of the game we focus on know that our fight next week will be incredibly hard.

at least until the last couple of days, we have had instant queues even in our absolute prime time. this has changed this week only, and we expect many people to go back to their “home” servers after this week is over.

again, i’ve stepped in no trap, i make no mistakes about our position. YOU are not the enemy we are worried about fighting. it is next weeks fight vs HOD that we are working toward.

Desolation [DESO]

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: buzzkapow.8465

buzzkapow.8465

For all these Alliances and Large WvW guilds, if Anet made it so your guild perks all stayed when you transferred, would you? To keep things competitive amongst the servers, and keeping things fun for you every week instead of every other week? Or are you all happy that 1 of you is going to have a boring-as-hell week every other?

edit: Not talking to any specific server/alliance/guild. Just wondering what the general concensus is

Tough matchup

in WvW

Psy.6153

so Panda, if you are wanting more night coverage, may i ask why you took that whole alliance from Northern Shiverpeaks who actually do have a night time coverage but nothign in the usa hours (thanks to you)

Portal Bomber of
Sea of Sorrows NA

Tough matchup

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

Its not a problem with the system its a problem with the players you win and you get 200+ bads that want to win so its harder to get the real players in the battle grounds.

When you lose you lose all your collected bads and your server is at full strength again

The only way that this is avoided atm is by having a high % of the server pop your players like hod has with TA.

And even this will clear up after free server xfers are stopped and players on server will start working on there game play as opposed to looking for a free ride.

Tough matchup

in WvW

Kodiak.3281

But this isn’t just happening with that second group that has 1 of the top servers in it.

Ever hear the expression “!@#$ rolls down hill?” So now next week IoJ or SoS will go back down a tier to the 3rd tier and presumably crush anyone who’s still there.

Match ups simply will never be fair because servers aren’t equal. SoS and IoJ are Oceanic servers with different play times than ET. There’s no way to ensure a good competition there. Match making systems will very rarely if ever take that into account. The fact Anet is taking literally zero steps to ensure servers are even remotely equal certainly isn’t helping matters. This isn’t also necessarily a bad call for them because they could be waiting to see what effect that Panda expansion will have on their population/numbers.

You’re going to have to just decide how do you want to deal with it.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Tough matchup

in WvW

maximumpanda.5178

so Panda, if you are wanting more night coverage, may i ask why you took that whole alliance from Northern Shiverpeaks who actually do have a night time coverage but nothign in the usa hours (thanks to you)

to many of us leaving NSP was a hastily made decision that we didn’t really want to do. it was done because members of AA were discouraged by the initial surge of players on our server (part of any launch) and their inability to play wvw. ontop of that many organizations on NSP made it very clear that they flat out refused to work with us. also most of the night crew at NSP were actually members of AA or ruin who stayed behind, but have since rejoined us.

given this environment, it was easier to leave the server and rebuild then slowly deal with these issues.

personally i was against the move but i am 1 voice in a storm. also i believe arena net NEEDS to shut down the free transfers as its destroying the balance. as i posted ealier in this thread, the people of losing servers and just transfering to the winning server to gain all the benefits. this is happening in every bracket and needs to be stopped.

Desolation [DESO]

Tough matchup

in WvW

Psy.6153

ontop of that many organizations on NSP made it very clear that they flat out refused to work with us. also most of the night crew at NSP were actually members of AA or ruin who stayed behind, but have since rejoined us.

So your alliance basically wanted a monopoly on whichever server they were on, to feel like they own it, and they couldnt get that on Northern Shiverpeaks so moved to a newly created empty server to claim it as their own.

Gotcha.

Portal Bomber of
Sea of Sorrows NA

Tough matchup

in WvW

Sky.9347

Ever hear the expression “!@#$ rolls down hill?” So now next week IoJ or SoS will go back down a tier to the 3rd tier and presumably crush anyone who’s still there.

Match ups simply will never be fair because servers aren’t equal. SoS and IoJ are Oceanic servers with different play times than ET. There’s no way to ensure a good competition there. Match making systems will very rarely if ever take that into account. The fact Anet is taking literally zero steps to ensure servers are even remotely equal certainly isn’t helping matters. This isn’t also necessarily a bad call for them because they could be waiting to see what effect that Panda expansion will have on their population/numbers.

Okay well what you are saying here is that every 3 servers there is such a massive jump in participation/skill/organization – whatever – that warrants them taking 100% of the map from their opponents on day 2, and holding it till the end.

The ability gap between servers is THAT huge? It is SO HUGE that there will ever only be 1 match worth playing, and every other match is screwed because there are only 3 servers in each identifiable tier of skill…

Am I understanding this correctly?

Tough matchup

in WvW

maximumpanda.5178

ontop of that many organizations on NSP made it very clear that they flat out refused to work with us. also most of the night crew at NSP were actually members of AA or ruin who stayed behind, but have since rejoined us.

So your alliance basically wanted a monopoly on whichever server they were on, to feel like they own it, and they couldnt get that on Northern Shiverpeaks so moved to a newly created empty server to claim it as their own.

Gotcha.

your lack of recognition of the value of communication shows exactly why your server is losing. you clearly aren’t willing to listen to reason and instead look for any excuse to attack us. as this seems to be the case this will be my last post recognizing your complaints. you are neither being objective or logical.

if you want to see your server succeed, stop trying to make us the devil and instead learn from what we do, there’s a reason we do it.

Desolation [DESO]

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: JoolaPrime.6390

JoolaPrime.6390

I like my server, I like the people and friends I have there. I’ll stay where I am thanks.

Enemy Invader
Blackgate

Tough matchup

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

I do not think that ruin is a part of AA

http://www.gw2guilds.org/view-alliance/2

Tough matchup

in WvW

maximumpanda.5178

Okay well what you are saying here is that every 3 servers there is such a massive jump in participation/skill/organization – whatever – that warrants them taking 100% of the map from their opponents on day 2, and holding it till the end.

The ability gap between servers is THAT huge? It is SO HUGE that there will ever only be 1 match worth playing, and every other match is screwed because there are only 3 servers in each identifiable tier of skill…

participation is the key word in your statement. most servers dont like the idea of losing, and when they already have a significant advantage people get demoralized. when they get demoralized, they dont want to fight. the lack of willing to fight causes an even further point disparity. which ultimately leads to these horrific 1 sided battles across the board.

Desolation [DESO]

Tough matchup

in WvW

maximumpanda.5178

I do not think that ruin is a part of AA

http://www.gw2guilds.org/view-alliance/2

your right. we aren’t. but we were personally invited by TL to join them after they moved.

Desolation [DESO]

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: gandhigonewild.3645

gandhigonewild.3645

Been Like this pretty much all week in our match up…..We’ve pretty much given up doing anything that isn’t raiding supply camps for XP and Karma. Even then NSP has a crew try to intercept us within 20 minutes.

Attachments:

Level 80 Norn Warrior
Kætilmund [LaZy] -Kaineng

Tough matchup

in WvW

Sky.9347

participation is the key word in your statement. most servers dont like the idea of losing, and when they already have a significant advantage people get demoralized. when they get demoralized, they dont want to fight. the lack of willing to fight causes an even further point disparity. which ultimately leads to these horrific 1 sided battles across the board.

I basically agree with this last analysis of yours, except one thing: People don’t like helplessness.

Losing is one thing, being siege camped at your spawn is another.

Having it happen on the second day of a 7 (or 14!) day match is demoralizing.

But your position is that this is okay, and the system is perfect as is. People need to put on their big boy britches and fling themselves at the wall of ballista until they break through and recap enough of the map to set their overlords back far enough too… hold their keep?

Yes, I am well aware that an organized force can break through these lines, and even gain some ground. I am also aware that the chance of that force actually sustaining any of their gains is practically zero.

I love W3. I queue up as soon as I log on, win or lose, spawn camped or not.

But I also want to have great matches that are close and contested. The current system is not giving us that.

You can retreat to your “we’re just better at it than you, and you deserve to have unfun games until you get on our level” argument if you like… the fact is right now (I stand ready to be corrected here) only ONE out of SIXTEEN matches is anything resembling close or contested, and were not even at 3 full days into the match.

Something is wrong with that picture! If it isn’t addressed, these “elite WvW alliances” are going to be all that’s left playing WvW. I don’t want to see that happen.

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: Rim.2907

Rim.2907

YOU are not the enemy we are worried about fighting. it is next weeks fight vs HOD that we are working toward.

@maximumpanda As an IoJ player I’d like to make a suggestion to you as Ruin’s PVP Director. You or someone else from ET stated earlier in this thread that the fight isn’t fun for anyone. While I definitely agree with that sentiment and taking into account your quoted statement, I’d be greatly encouraged to see the following.

Given your guild/server’s ability to defend anything it wants while also fielding QRF teams, I presume you/RUIN can exert fine control over large percentages of ET forces. Allow opposing forces to leave their spawns and mount offensives against your held positions. Only apply defensive forces in equal or less numbers than that of the opfor. The benefits should be apparent. Your players’ skills, techniques and strategies are tested, the other servers get their fun without sustaining a completely demoralizing loss (remember again these are not pvp-focused servers and playerbases.). You can, of course, retake any objective at will so I would then suggest you field an assault force equal to or less than the defending force. You can always have a reserve force waiting on the sidelines in case things go pear-shaped or to serve as a blocking force against opfor reinforcements.

To prepare for HoD, you are currently squandering an opportunity against weaker opponents. This does your long term objectives no good.

Tough matchup

in WvW

Kodiak.3281

Currently? Yes.

Forever? No.

Depends on how servers shake out. Right now you only have 4 servers that can reliably compete with each other. The only guaranteed victor each week is HoD because no other server can (currently) match their organization and hours of coverage (hence why maximumpanda is trying to recruit more to ET to be able to match them).

Over time people could get sick and tired of getting ground into the dirt week after week and transfer off somewhere else. Look at Blackgate. Gave ET/NSP and HoD a hell of a fight the first week and after another few weeks of being stuck in second tier and getting crushed day after day people gave up and moved on.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Tough matchup

in WvW

maximumpanda.5178

I basically agree with this last analysis of yours, except one thing: People don’t like helplessness.

Losing is one thing, being siege camped at your spawn is another.

Having it happen on the second day of a 7 (or 14!) day match is demoralizing.

But your position is that this is okay, and the system is perfect as is. People need to put on their big boy britches and fling themselves at the wall of ballista until they break through and recap enough of the map to set their overlords back far enough too… hold their keep?

Yes, I am well aware that an organized force can break through these lines, and even gain some ground. I am also aware that the chance of that force actually sustaining any of their gains is practically zero.

I love W3. I queue up as soon as I log on, win or lose, spawn camped or not.

But I also want to have great matches that are close and contested. The current system is not giving us that.

You can retreat to your “we’re just better at it than you, and you deserve to have unfun games until you get on our level” argument if you like… the fact is right now (I stand ready to be corrected here) only ONE out of SIXTEEN matches is anything resembling close or contested, and were not even at 3 full days into the match.

Something is wrong with that picture! If it isn’t addressed, these “elite WvW alliances” are going to be all that’s left playing WvW. I don’t want to see that happen.

oh dont get me wrong. there are many things very much wrong with the current state of wvw. its unfortunate that there is such a massive difference between the servers that have spent the last 3 years waiting for a WVW game to come out. and those just piecing the monumental task ahead of you, its absolutely daunting. unfortunately i do not sympathize with servers who are demanding that they get some sort of handicap because they dont have the same organization, all these things come with time. and ultimately will happen on every server. the major thing holding communities back right now is the constant free transfers. people dont stay in place long enough to create these server organizations.

i believe most issues will be solved with time. unfortunately with the mmo market being the way it is. time is a luxury most games cant afford.

Desolation [DESO]

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: buzzkapow.8465

buzzkapow.8465

so don’t give us a handicap. Give us a proper population ratio cap, and let the skill/organization decide the battles. Not who has the most players on at night.

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: Melphina.9035

Melphina.9035

For all these Alliances and Large WvW guilds, if Anet made it so your guild perks all stayed when you transferred, would you? To keep things competitive amongst the servers, and keeping things fun for you every week instead of every other week? Or are you all happy that 1 of you is going to have a boring-as-hell week every other?

edit: Not talking to any specific server/alliance/guild. Just wondering what the general concensus is

Yes, if it wasnt for the influence (and the fact that our server started to get pushed down) we would have left long ago for lower brackets to stay far away from the top.

Melphina Kobe ~ Thief

Tough matchup

in WvW

Sky.9347

oh dont get me wrong. there are many things very much wrong with the current state of wvw. its unfortunate that there is such a massive difference between the servers that have spent the last 3 years waiting for a WVW game to come out. and those just piecing the monumental task ahead of you, its absolutely daunting. unfortunately i do not sympathize with servers who are demanding that they get some sort of handicap because they dont have the same organization, all these things come with time. and ultimately will happen on every server. the major thing holding communities back right now is the constant free transfers. people dont stay in place long enough to create these server organizations.

i believe most issues will be solved with time. unfortunately with the mmo market being the way it is. time is a luxury most games cant afford.

The top three servers being leaps and bounds ahead is fine. That isn’t the issue.

The issue is that W3 is only “fun” for most people during the first day. About when the second day comes around one server is at roughly 75-80% of everything, acquiring boosts and stuff at such a high speed that before the 3rd day rolls around its 95%+ vs spawn camping.

Some people ask for huge buffs or something, but I am not.

I believe ANet should help the community solve this problem. There are many ways to do it, but a combination of selectively locking transfers + allowing guilds to keep their influence when transferring to certain servers + perhaps some kind of mechanism that allows an opportunity of SOME SORT for a server to get back in the game.

As it stands, once one server has all the orbs and most of the map, there is no way to change that. They will have buffs, supply surplus, time to setup, full map control for easy movement, and be gaining more buffs at an amazing rate.

Sometimes you lose games. That’s cool. As it stands right now W3 is unplayable for 5/7ths of the week in anyway more than “ok guys, let’s see if we can break through this siege line before we run out of money for repairs” – and people don’t even queue in for that.

Tough matchup

in WvW

maximumpanda.5178

The top three servers being leaps and bounds ahead is fine. That isn’t the issue.

The issue is that W3 is only “fun” for most people during the first day. About when the second day comes around one server is at roughly 75-80% of everything, acquiring boosts and stuff at such a high speed that before the 3rd day rolls around its 95%+ vs spawn camping.

Some people ask for huge buffs or something, but I am not.

I believe ANet should help the community solve this problem. There are many ways to do it, but a combination of selectively locking transfers + allowing guilds to keep their influence when transferring to certain servers + perhaps some kind of mechanism that allows an opportunity of SOME SORT for a server to get back in the game.

As it stands, once one server has all the orbs and most of the map, there is no way to change that. They will have buffs, supply surplus, time to setup, full map control for easy movement, and be gaining more buffs at an amazing rate.

Sometimes you lose games. That’s cool. As it stands right now W3 is unplayable for 5/7ths of the week in anyway more than “ok guys, let’s see if we can break through this siege line before we run out of money for repairs” – and people don’t even queue in for that.

then we find ourselves on the same page. im largely and avocate for small tweaks (switching the outmanned and the orb buffs for instance) and allowing some small changes to WvW would be nice. for the smaller servers, and possibly making it easier for servers to coordinate are all fine in my book. some people are calling for like 50% buffs and rediculous sweeping changes that do nothing but provide a smaller less coordinated force to roll over those who are attempting to play the game strategicly

Desolation [DESO]

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: Razma.2750

Razma.2750

I too am on IoJ, I feel your pain

Tough matchup

in WvW

Sky.9347

Small changes can have big impacts if designed correctly.

I think W3 needs a half dozen or fewer well designed small changes. Maybe one or two at a time for the next 2-4 weeks.

But I HOPE they at least talk to us soon about what they are thinking.

Tough matchup

in WvW

maximumpanda.5178

I think W3 needs a half dozen or fewer well designed small changes. Maybe one or two at a time for the next 2-4 weeks.

hopefully. also remember we still aren’t out of the WvW test period. until we have 2 week long battles, everything is still up in the air

Desolation [DESO]

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: Cazio.2137

Cazio.2137

Currently it is Fort Aspenwood vs Sanctum of Rall vs Sorrow Furnace.

The score is Aspenwood 158k….sorrow 57k…..Sanctum 54k…

We really have to do this for a week? Is anyone at Anet sober?

Tough matchup

in WvW

Shinzou.1534

hopefully. also remember we still aren’t out of the WvW test period. until we have 2 week long battles, everything is still up in the air

Have they made a single change during these tests that make you think they will ever make changes? Maybe they did and I missed them. All I am seeing at this point is that they will need to make changes based purely off the fact the majority of servers are being stomped into the ground without any chance to fight back.

I would at least like A-net to make some sort of comment on the current state of W3, I got infracted for saying they must not care.. but I am seeing no evidence to the contrary. It has been nearly three days of the majority of the servers getting utterly destroyed. Surely there is a call for some sort of response.

A simple, “We are aware.” would be better than complete silence. Silence means we are able to just assume the worst.

I am expecting the next rankings to show a few really high scores for servers, with the rest being 1/3 or 1/4 the others. Something like:

1. 800k
2. 750k
3. 725k
4. 700k
5. 675k
6. 200k
7. 180k
Ect..

You get the picture.

(edited by Shinzou.1534)

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

I am very surprised no one at A-net has addressed any of the huge problems that WvW has. I can name maybe 20 things a 10 year old could see was wrong.

Tough matchup

in WvW

maximumpanda.5178

Have they made a single change during these tests that make you think they will ever make changes? Maybe they did and I missed them. All I am seeing at this point is that they will need to make changes based purely off the fact the majority of servers are being stomped into the ground without any chance to fight back.

I would at least like A-net to make some sort of comment on the current state of W3, I got infracted for saying they must not care.. but I am seeing no evidence to the contrary. It has been nearly three days of the majority of the servers getting utterly destroyed. Surely there is a call for some sort of response.

A simple, “We are aware.” would be better than complete silence. Silence means we are able to just assume the worst.

they are making subtle changes. but mostly optimization and bugged siege locations. they are working very rapidly to fix bugs ans issues coming up in PVE. they need to tweak WvW with a very light touch. they need to debate between their developers extensively before they come up with a solution.

the last thing arena net should do in this situation is rush a solution that could break things even farther.

unfortunately this leaves a lot of people in limbo, but give them a little time and they will have a solution.

unforunately (and i know a lot of you are going to get reallly reallly reallllllly angry with this suggestion) your best temporary/long term fix right now is to reach out to guilds who are just as frustrated as you and make an alliance on an empty server such a keining. from there build yourself up to the size of these other alliances and work your way up bracket. this is likely the only way that the fractured high PVE, low PVP population servers will every see wins in WvW. if your guild is serious about WvW, but your server isnt, then you need to start looking elsewhere

Desolation [DESO]

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

A simple solution this this, and one I’m surprised hasn’t been implemented, is to put all the servers from NA & EU in the same matchup pool. This way they would have double the amount of servers to perform matchups and it would create a much fairer tier bracket. I would find it hard to believe that the devs wouldn’t have created server clouds that couldn’t communicate to each other, and if they did, shame on them.

Before you all scream “WHAT ABOUT THE LAG”. I play from oceanic and the lag is a non-issue.

Cheers.

Tough matchup

in WvW

maximumpanda.5178

A simple solution this this, and one I’m surprised hasn’t been implemented, is to put all the servers from NA & EU in the same matchup pool. This way they would have double the amount of servers to perform matchups and it would create a much fairer tier bracket. I would find it hard to believe that the devs wouldn’t have created server clouds that couldn’t communicate to each other, and if they did, shame on them.

Before you all scream “WHAT ABOUT THE LAG”. I play from oceanic and the lag is a non-issue.

Cheers.

a solid idea that i know a couple of people have been talking about. there are however a couple of pretty MASSIVE technical challenges to come across if they do this. primarily there are no data centers that can server as a middleground between america/europe, and speed between both is heavily hampered. also i assume that the data centers are not in direct conneciton. so likely its not as simple as just flipping a switch to allow them to play against eachother. also they have already region locked american/european servers to a minor extent, which will just inflate the issue of late night raids. (america would be hitting prime time just a few hours before the europeans go to sleep) this personally would be my biggest issue as people have been complaining to no end that night time forces destroy competition.

Desolation [DESO]

Tough matchup

in WvW

Posted by: Gindorf.4908

Gindorf.4908

IMO: I think the Elos from the 24hr matches were thrown out (more or less) for this week and I expect to see some massive shifts in the next few weeks, which will reflect a “more proper” representation of server wvw populations for long games.

I think that because I know alot of players were playing all the time in WvW due to the quick resets, and now can play WvW now over a longer period and so do not rush to fill the map at all times.

Again, while these games are crazy (score/domination wise) I think we will see better balance/matchups soon.

As for free Xfers, Anet needs to turn them off, then open them to certain servers only. (as free xfers)

As for forcing a server to “sit out” so that others dont get stomped would not be fair to that server. (Even though other servers would be stomped…. If you work out some cordination youd be able to counter this… see the HoD v ET v JQ where we won only by 1000 odd points)

Henge of Denravi