Toughness, Healing, and Vitality armor inc!

in WvW

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/07/01/what-you-need-to-know-about-guild-wars-2s-second-season-living/#continued

And you thought immortal thieves,mes, warriors were annoying enough as it is now!

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Now my guardian can be even more immortal than ever.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/07/01/what-you-need-to-know-about-guild-wars-2s-second-season-living/#continued

And you thought immortal thieves,mes, warriors were annoying enough as it is now!

Except that means no damage increase. So they’re sacrificing the ability to kill you in order to SURVIVE you. Sounds like a fair trade.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

Wooooh!!! Immortal wet noodles!

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

The second coming of TANKCAT!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Terrible. I’m sure lots of people will use it though.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Yeah, I’m eager to do it for my guardian. And I expect a lot of other suport focused players with guardians/elementalists/warriors to do the same.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Didnt see the new food buffs yet but wouldnt be surprised, if they also have tanky buffs.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper.1748

Reaper.1748

It might be alright by one or two pieces for mixing to get the right stat combo, but alone its a fairly useless stat combo for WvW in general. Its an outright tank, with not Crit Chance, Condition Damage, Power, or Ferocity. And speaking in terms of Guardians pure Clerics was already useless enough, what people don’t realize a lot with Healing Power is, its alright to a degree to get it, helps with living.

But for Guardian especially, all that healing power for dodge rolls is essentially useless, and sitting there when you aren’t dodging, and there is no trinity, so I never got people who tried to ‘make it so’ in the game. There is support roles/builds, but honestly blowing dodge rolls for a little heal, and contributing no damage otherwise, is fairly selfish, and useless. (Since the concept is everyone pitches in, in their own way)

[Syn] Syndictive I [PYRO] Pyromancers I Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Then we all realized abundance of fury and perma 25 stacks of might is a reality…..

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

It might be alright by one or two pieces for mixing to get the right stat combo, but alone its a fairly useless stat combo for WvW in general. Its an outright tank, with not Crit Chance, Condition Damage, Power, or Ferocity. And speaking in terms of Guardians pure Clerics was already useless enough, what people don’t realize a lot with Healing Power is, its alright to a degree to get it, helps with living.

But for Guardian especially, all that healing power for dodge rolls is essentially useless, and sitting there when you aren’t dodging, and there is no trinity, so I never got people who tried to ‘make it so’ in the game. There is support roles/builds, but honestly blowing dodge rolls for a little heal, and contributing no damage otherwise, is fairly selfish, and useless. (Since the concept is everyone pitches in, in their own way)

It scales 1:1 with healing power, has no internal cooldown, and heals 4 other allies. I wouldn’t call that selfish. Might not be the most useful thing ever, but definitely not selfish. The trait is even called ‘selfless daring’

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper.1748

Reaper.1748

It scales 1:1 with healing power, has no internal cooldown, and heals 4 other allies. I wouldn’t call that selfish. Might not be the most useful thing ever, but definitely not selfish. The trait is even called ‘selfless daring’

Of course not the trait, and I knew its 1:1 scaling, but I mean I’ve already heard of people talking about using builds with near to full sets of gear with these stats. As I said it’ll be useful here, and there, a piece or two, but not overkill. And I would go as far as to say people who go almost full healbot, because with the concept of everyone gives a little, some damage, some healing (if available), condition clear.

Like I said the concept is alright in moderation, although when you aren’t dodging healing power just sits there, and does nothing. Even then you use your dodges more so as needed, rather than to really heal. Personally I believe 500-600 Healing Power is a good enough base for Guardians.

[Syn] Syndictive I [PYRO] Pyromancers I Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

This will no doubt be my new Zergball armour on my guard… all of those stats keeps me alive so I can pump boons and bag farm forever.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

This will no doubt be my new Zergball armour on my guard… all of those stats keeps me alive so I can pump boons and bag farm forever.

have fun doing no damage

in WvW

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Good commander set

Ranger | Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Yeah, I’m eager to do it for my guardian. And I expect a lot of other suport focused players with guardians/elementalists/warriors to do the same.

I can see this on a full shout bunker warrior. Can’t really see it on anything else.

Guardians need the precision for vigor on crit, Empowering Might, and AH. Seems like you give up too much by taking vitality/toughness/healing power.

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: smiley.4739

smiley.4739

I doubt we will see this much on guardians. Guild guardians are going more dps these days.

It is good if you are random following a pug commander though.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I can see this on a full shout bunker warrior. Can’t really see it on anything else.

Guardians need the precision for vigor on crit, Empowering Might, and AH. Seems like you give up too much by taking vitality/toughness/healing power.

Well, I can put a Superior sigil of Perception and Superior sigil of Accuracy on my weapon set, which gonna give me roughly 19% crit chance. Then I pick Maintenance Oil over Sharpening stone to add a few extra (I have a lot of Toughness/Vitality to convert in Precision with the oil).

I’m sure that if I hit near 30% crit chance I’ll be ok because that’s what I currently have on my Clerics/Magi setup without the above, and I’m sure I can facetank a lot of punishment while giving sustain for my allies to kill. If I can survive longer, it means my allies will survive longer, thus increasing the odds of winning the fight.

Worst case scenario: It won’t fit, and I can use my Ascalon Tears to buy back my magi gear and keep doing what I do these days.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Well, not that pets are very useful… Ever… But, I can see it being pretty entertaining to go 6 in Beast Mastery + sword/dagger for evades and loling as your opponent struggles to kill you while your birds/felines get some beefy crits. It’s obviously far from optimal but I’d be lying if I said I’m not tempted to try.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Well, not that pets are very useful… Ever… But, I can see it being pretty entertaining to go 6 in Beast Mastery + sword/dagger for evades and loling as your opponent struggles to kill you while your birds/felines get some beefy crits. It’s obviously far from optimal but I’d be lying if I said I’m not tempted to try.

Beastmaster is probably the build that would work best with this build, because you could go full tank and still get some damage. You would be unkillable in 1v1.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in WvW

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

I will buy a st and color it white an red.
“Make way for the Ninja Nurse!”

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

have fun doing no damage

For support roles might looks neat, since has no power i dont imagine myself using this stats for guardian, but wonder if this is ok to mixture with zerkers(wich i doubt becouse Healing power on guardian need to be hight to be worth it, and class looses alot if invest that much in healing power).

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Emi.4152

Emi.4152

yushhh ninja nurse!

i imagine it could be useful to a support ele in wvw no? an unkillable cc spammer and water fountain :P

Yak’s Bend – Hello Kitty and Friends (aFK)
Lv 80 Thief – Emi Smacks / Lv 80 Ele – Emi Casts / Lv 80 Necro – Emi Nox

in WvW

Posted by: Asurastafarian.9708

Asurastafarian.9708

Now my scout will be tougher than ever ! Still won’t do damage though :-(

in WvW

Posted by: Ritt.3069

Ritt.3069

I just hope this stat combination never makes it’s appereance to PvP, as it would be an atrocious buff to bunker guardians and especially eles, since they benefit from healing power the most.

William Van Dine/Aria Entreri/Weaver of the Dream
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA], Desolation
4 Champion titles, solo/duoq Legend, best old LB rank 64.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

For trolltanks or pug guardians but i cant image it atm in guild groups.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

its basically worthless. theres absolutely no reason to go 3 defensive stats outside of sitting in a circle in spvp (vomit).

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

WvW has circles to stand in too!

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

yushhh ninja nurse!

i imagine it could be useful to a support ele in wvw no? an unkillable cc spammer and water fountain :P

Ranger will do the same but will deal way more dps from pets and condies then ele will be remotely capable of. This will be the new bm bunker meta. Love it or hate it, but my regen shout bm bunker now have its perfect armor set.

In short; 3k def, 26k hp, 560 to 1800 hp/sec depending on skills and traits. Pet cat/bird can still hit upwards of 7-9k bursts. Ranger can just go full evasion (sb and sw d) and let the pet do the damage while ranger just cc and debuff enemy

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

its basically worthless. theres absolutely no reason to go 3 defensive stats outside of sitting in a circle in spvp (vomit).

I think there are some valid reasons to use it. As others mentioned, its a valid set for commanders. And also, it will probably be incredibly hard to to down that thief-mes combo hiding on the third floor of smc and stop them from opening portal unless you zerg em down. Or with any builds that uses minions to do most of their damage.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Beastmaster is probably the build that would work best with this build, because you could go full tank and still get some damage. You would be unkillable in 1v1.

Yessm. And if you took “Guard!” with Nature’s Voice and Shout Mastery + Troll Unguent, omg. Jaguar stealths and lays down some mad deepz while you sit back and lol.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

The thing is (to a roamer) you won’t be unkillable just a little slow to down, and 100% trivial because yay! no dps whatsoever.

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Yessm. And if you took “Guard!” with Nature’s Voice and Shout Mastery + Troll Unguent, omg. Jaguar stealths and lays down some mad deepz while you sit back and lol.

You can already do that with settler gear, and settler gear lets you do a bit of damage with conditions. The extra vit really doesn’t help you that much when you already have medium base hp and the +300 vit from the nature magic tree and the +250 vit from guard defense.

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

The thing is (to a roamer) you won’t be unkillable just a little slow to down, and 100% trivial because yay! no dps whatsoever.

Nike Nomad Roaming Warrior. I’m not going to solo camps, but you’ll have to find me killing your yaks, then you have catch me, but you’re never going to kill me.

Zerker thief with Nomad Trinkets. I am going to solo your camps. You’ll never see me doing it and you’ll never catch me. You will never kill me.

Poor you.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Have u ever played 0 0 2 6 6 (without the shout trait) full cerlic staff M/S, sigil of renewal / energy + runes of water? Play that and see how much healing you can put out… its riddicolous…

in WvW

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

Nike Nomad Roaming Warrior. I’m not going to solo camps, but you’ll have to find me killing your yaks, then you have catch me, but you’re never going to kill me.

Zerker thief with Nomad Trinkets. I am going to solo your camps. You’ll never see me doing it and you’ll never catch me. You will never kill me.

Poor you.

Lol you highly under estimate the amount of damage a good roamer can do to highly armored targets…

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Lol you highly under estimate the amount of damage a good roamer can do to highly armored targets…

I normally roam on my mesmer. I know exactly how much dmg I can do, if I can catch the kitteners. I think I’m going to put my mesmer on the shelf for now.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

For the past month i was using a warrior build that focussed on Vitality/Thoughness/Power, counter condi and mobility. Full ascended Sentinel gear and and ascended Soldier trinkets (no sent asc trinkets), S/WH/GS, melandru runes, dogged march, mobile strikes,weapon swap, stances and warhorn traited.

Very tanky and mobile. I used it to keep waypoints in eb contested and keep a couple of chasers busy while circling their keep, tag towers, kill dollies and solo camps.
I also had no problem whith that build to run with the zerg and get enough tags in zerg fights.
Not much of a duel build but thats not what it was meant for.

I guess a gonna make a a full ascended ventari set for armor and weapons and keep my ascended soldier trinkets for a little bit of damage.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

Except that means no damage increase. So they’re sacrificing the ability to kill you in order to SURVIVE you. Sounds like a fair trade.

This right here.

Teef master race

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

You can already do that with settler gear, and settler gear lets you do a bit of damage with conditions. The extra vit really doesn’t help you that much when you already have medium base hp and the +300 vit from the nature magic tree and the +250 vit from guard defense.

I run settlers atm with this exact build. 0/0/10/30/30 (screw the new traits numbers). The condition damage you get from it is really minimal, even with settlers the pet is probably >90% of your total dps.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

That oughta be fun, those full TVH tanks. A full Berserker could probably face-tank their wet-noodle attacks better then they can tank the Berserker.