Tournament Tickets for Mistforged weapons

in WvW

Posted by: Matt H.6142

Matt H.6142

I didn’t see anything mentioned in the post about being able to acquire the mistforged weapons. As tournaments are not a reliable method ( haven’t had one in 3 years!), I’m hoping these are added to rewards instead.

Fort Aspenwood home
All Professions Level 80

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/New-WvW-blog-post-June-1-2017/page/2#post6605384

McKenna

The Armor Tiers are:
Tier 1 – Triumphant armor
Tier 2 – Triumphant Hero’s armor
Tier 3 – Mistforged Triumphant Hero’s armor

Weapons:
Tier 1: Hero’s weapons
Tier 2: Mistforged Hero’s weapons

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Matt H.6142

Matt H.6142

It hasn’t addressed if the tier 2 weapons will be available at a vendor like the armor, but at least they are in the forefront of their minds.

Fort Aspenwood home
All Professions Level 80

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

The weapons will be on the vendor as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Will existing tickets be converted to the new ‘Skirmish Claim Tickets’ and will they have the same purchasing ability after the patch?

If I have enough of the current tickets to purchase three weapons, will I still be able to purchase three (or more) after the change?

Thank you.

If you read the original article it says Tournament tickets will become skirmish tickets…

“It also grants Tournament Tickets—now called Skirmish Claim Tickets—”

(edited by Sly.9518)

in WvW

Sly.9518

If you read the original article it says Tournament tickets will become skirmish tickets…

It says,

It also grants Tournament Tickets—now called Skirmish Claim Tickets—which will allow you to purchase both exotic and ascended Tier 2 WvW weapons, armor, and more from the Skirmish Supervisor vendor.

It doesn’t mention if the weapons will cost the same under the new system and it does not mention changes, if any, to your existing tickets except naming. Assumptions can hit hard, if you wait until patch day to make a purchase.

It literally says “Tournament Tickets – now called Skirmish Claim Tickets”…. you asked would the the tickets be converted, that statements shows they will be converted. I never touched on the Vendor still selling the weapons I only mentioned the tickets which was the very first question you asked.

Smh people find it hard to read what is written.

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

As well as what? where else will they be available? I’m talking about Mistforged weapons btw, not the hero weapons from reward tracks.

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

As well as what? where else will they be available? I’m talking about Mistforged weapons btw, not the hero weapons from reward tracks.

Probably the ascended armor.

A silly question with a maybe obvious answer : mistforged weapons remain of exotic rarity, or are they upgraded ascended ?

in WvW

Sly.9518

McKenna answered to the question if the T2- Mistforged Weapons will be in the Vendor, so we will be able to use existing Tickets to purchase the Mistforged weapons from the new Vendor since the old tickets will become the new tickets and the Vendor will sell the Mistforged T2 weapons. The Vendor will have the T2 armor and T3 armors

(edited by Sly.9518)

in WvW

Posted by: iwanpompier.5612

iwanpompier.5612

will the prices stay the same or do i have to use my WvW Tournament Claim Tickets before its to late?

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

As well as the tier 2 triumphant armor.

Tier 1 weapon and armor you earn from the reward track.
Tier 2 weapon and armor is available on the vendor when you have collected tier 1.
Tier 3 for the armor you will need previous tiers unlocked, this may be the crafted one.

The old wvw tournament tickets are being changed to the skirmish tickets.

The cost may change for the mistforge weapons, wait until tuesday to see.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Sly.9518

Tier 2 weapon and armor is available on the vendor when you have collected tier 1.
Tier 3 for the armor you will need previous tiers unlocked, this may be the crafted one.

The crafting one is tier 2 T3 doesn’t require crafting.

“However, unlike Tier 2, this ascended armor will not require any crafting to earn.”

(edited by Sly.9518)

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

The crafting one is tier 2 T3 doesn’t require crafting.

“However, unlike Tier 2, this ascended armor will not require any crafting to earn.”

Yeah I remember reading that, I guess buy ingredients to craft it.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

will the prices stay the same or do i have to use my WvW Tournament Claim Tickets before its to late?

Unlike what we were told, hero weapons are not on the vendors.

If you didn’t spend your tickets before the update, you are s out of luck.
Anet did it to you again and didn’t even give you a warning . . . /typical

Umm yeah they are. They are at the skirmish merchant that is standing directly in front of you when you spawn in.

Unfortunately the ascended versions require crafting which is kitten.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

iwanpompier.5612

yup 1,350 tickets wasted could have bought 4 weps with that
now it cost more and they are not account bound so not same

must be very hard to warn people before u change a vendor

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

Aren’t the t1 weapons available through the reward track?

in WvW

Sly.9518

Instantly buying 12 weapons or grinding 12 tracks? Which would you prefer?

Why did anet not give players a heads up on this change? Fact is, they did. They said the weapons would still be there.

Are they going to correct the problem? Apologize for the mistake?

Read the Op again Anet said the Mistforged weapons would be in the Vendor. Since that was the only weapons being asked about….

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Why did anet not give players a heads up on this change? Fact is, they did. They said the weapons would still be there.

Read the Op again Anet said the Mistforged weapons would be in the Vendor. Since that was the only weapons being asked about….

I know what was said. Anet needs to fix this on a per player basis or give a reason why they did not give us advance notice.

This is a real non-issue. Just play the game, have fun, eventually stuff arrives in bags. Win win!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Sly.9518

I know what was said. Anet needs to fix this on a per player basis or give a reason why they did not give us advance notice.

This is a real non-issue. Just play the game, have fun, eventually stuff arrives in bags. Win win!

The largest reward ever given for playing WvW prior to today and they nerf it without giving any advance notice. Why on earth would anyone trust them again?

The announcement for WvW changes even stated the Vendor would only have T2 items (it doesn’t mention T1 weapons or armor being in the Vendor), with siege and tactics.

in WvW

iwanpompier.5612

the announcement said nothing about a vendor being replaced with one which does not offer all the current items and with different prices

in WvW

Sly.9518

the announcement said nothing about a vendor being replaced with one which does not offer all the current items and with different prices

Hmm the article states that the previousCurrency is converted to a new currency and that currency can only be used on the new Vendor and they specified T2 weapons and armor only from that new Vendor…….

in WvW

iwanpompier.5612

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/updates-to-world-vs-world-skirmishing-and-rewards/
u most have seen a different article nothing in this article says it can only be used on the new one
and i guess u must also find it weird it offers more things then specified…….