Tournament Transfer Pricing?

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Q:

Last time around, transfers had special pricing before the tournament to discourage stacking. Will that be happening again?

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Posted by: VIK.6205

VIK.6205

The price has not deterred large guilds from stacking, as T1 is currently buying/bought guilds, significant number have just left our server within the past week, most likely pushing our server down another tier or two.

in WvW

Posted by: LordHogFred.3691

LordHogFred.3691

I would like to know if there is going to be any transfer cost changes leading up to the tournament.
My old guild has moved over from EU to NA in dribs and drabs and we were hoping to use the potentially cheaper prices to make sure we could all WvW together as we’ve never really done any WvW before.

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

… to discourage stacking. ….

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

So for we’ve had free transfers.

Followed by same price for any transfer.

Followed by discount to transfer to low pop PvE servers

Followed by scaled transfer prices prior to season 2.

None of these have prevented/discouraged stacking.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

The worst decision was unlimited free transfers just prior to season 2. Hod just steamrolled everything in NA silver….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Looking back on it Free Transfers to all servers was better than this system. It had its problems but I will take a Kaineng situation over a general declining population any day.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Looking back on it Free Transfers to all servers was better than this system. It had its problems but I will take a Kaineng situation over a general declining population any day.

You need to understand the reason for tournaments from ANET’s perspective. WvW typically doesn’t make ANET much money. Think about it, how many people really buy wxp boosters? The whole point of tournaments is to get as many people as possible to transfer in order to get better rewards. More transfers = more gems = more revenue for ANET.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

You need to understand the reason for tournaments from ANET’s perspective. WvW typically doesn’t make ANET much money. Think about it, how many people really buy wxp boosters? The whole point of tournaments is to get as many people as possible to transfer in order to get better rewards. More transfers = more gems = more revenue for ANET.

Tons of people use special finishers, premium weapon/armor skins, and other cosmetic crap in WvW. In a game mode where you’re not allowed to see your opponents’ names, you have to stand out in other ways to be able to recognize each other.

Sure, the whales with 10+ legendaries are rarer here, but there’s still a sizable cash flow even without counting server transfers.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I truly believe that ANet started these tournaments to drive PvE players into the WvW game mode in order to keep fresh blood entering the scene. Given the massive population explosion in WvW during tournaments I am sure their stats are showing them to be an overwhelming success.

I would also point out that before paid transfers the forums almost unanimously wanted to remove them and make players pay for them. We can actually look at paid transfers as a “feature request”.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”