Tournament rewards - extra 100 tickets

in WvW

Posted by: Undertaker.2731

Undertaker.2731

“Tournament rewards for the World vs. World Spring 2014 Tournament will be available in the June 17th build. Once that build is live, you will be able to speak to the Battle Historian in any WvW map to get an updated tournament chest that has the correct rewards and number of tickets for your placement. Previously issued tickets will be voided with the build. Feel free to open any chests that you have already received now.
To thank you for your patience while we sorted out this bug, all players who completed the meta achievement will receive an additional 100 tickets.
Thank you once again for your understanding.”

I do not see how it is fair that the servers that ended up last place in the tournament now can get the mistforge hero’s weapon skin (ty to the extra 100 tickets) same as for example 2nd place servers. If i would of knowen that I would get one of those skins even if my servers sucks, i would of just did the achievments and relax. Dont get me wrong, i apreciate the gesture but in my opinion the “reward” for u guys being late wth the distribution should of been something else and not tickets that allow everybody now to have one of those skins. Before this i was like " kitten yes, i will have a skin that will be somewhat rare", NOW i am like " great another skin that everybody has".

Good Job!

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

You’ll still have extra tickets that you’ll be using on future seasons… The servers that ended last will not.

Also, WvW is about coverage and not skill. It’s not right to punish a server because it doesn’t have people to compete. This only promote server stacking which end up in servers collapsing when the goal is achieved (like HoD), turning WvW even more unbalanced than it’s already is.

Also, the top server now have access to 2 mistforged weapons, which is already somenthing extra for the “winner”.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

It depends on the way you look at it. I mean, right before there would be no difference whether your server finished 1st or 5th. Now, if you finished first, you can show off TWO mistforged weapons. It seems like common sense to give more rewards to the winner, does it not?
And everyone is happier like that, too – it’s not a single player fault that their server was a little bit better than the rest of the bronze/silver tier and a little bit worse than the rest of silver/gold tier… Making them last place in gold/silver while actually not being the worst/weaker server of course. It’s only fair that everyone gets one!
Oh, and I’m not getting any. I’m going to get my sweet 600 tickets and turn them into 2 accessories and 4 wvw infusions, or perhaps a dolyak mini.

in WvW

Posted by: DoomKnightMax.6592

DoomKnightMax.6592

In my opinion the Mist Forged weapons should have been something for the winners. A unique item which says “Hey, we were number one!”. If everyone has it, it no longer is unique. Its more like “I did WvW for a bit, look what I got”.

in WvW

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

Look how people cry because of the tol exclusive mini llama. Gw2 community is too spoiled for exclusive rewards. Same with gamescom mini mr sparkles.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

In my opinion the Mist Forged weapons should have been something for the winners. A unique item which says “Hey, we were number one!”. If everyone has it, it no longer is unique. Its more like “I did WvW for a bit, look what I got”.

But IT IS actually “I did WvW for a bit and look what i got”. You didn’t got in WvW and fought 9 weeks with servers that had the same ammount of people you had and won by pure skill, since the winners are nothing more than servers with superior coverage compared to all others (Except for JQ due the T1 2v1 thing).

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

I think it was the right move. The last servers are the low-pop ones and had to fight way harder for their achievement than gold league blobs (or even Abbaddon’s Mouth, where I am).
The tournament in this design had several flaws and was not a good way to determine the “best” server (although I enjoyed it), so people should take off their “I’m the best” attitude and be good sportsmen.

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

in WvW

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

honestly I consider the tickets a reward for doing the achievement set, not how well your server did. in the end, the 6 hours it took me to do the season 2 meta and be eligible for a reward had little to no impact to my servers placement.

I actually think lower server should be rewarded better. The worse your server is doing, the harder it would have been to do the meta

(not to mention this is a slap in the face to all the bandwagoners on redacted servers :P, probably why people are so kitten about it)

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP

Wow, some people will complain about anything. I really hope I am never at a party with you.

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

“Tournament rewards for the World vs. World Spring 2014 Tournament will be available in the June 17th build. Once that build is live, you will be able to speak to the Battle Historian in any WvW map to get an updated tournament chest that has the correct rewards and number of tickets for your placement. Previously issued tickets will be voided with the build. Feel free to open any chests that you have already received now.
To thank you for your patience while we sorted out this bug, all players who completed the meta achievement will receive an additional 100 tickets.

I do not see how it is fair that the servers that ended up last place in the tournament now can get the mistforge hero’s weapon skin (ty to the extra 100 tickets) same as for example 2nd place servers. If i would of knowen that I would get one of those skins even if my servers sucks, i would of just did the achievments and relax. Dont get me wrong, i apreciate the gesture but in my opinion the “reward” for u guys being late wth the distribution should of been something else and not tickets that allow everybody now to have one of those skins. Before this i was like " kitten yes, i will have a skin that will be somewhat rare", NOW i am like " great another skin that everybody has".

Good Job!

Why should bottom gold not get weapons but top silver does? And vice versa for silver to bronze. All the servers who ended up at the bottom of gold and silver had to do was tank there rating right before season started to get far easier matchups if they wanted, but they didnt. The whole leagues thing is a joke anways and what happened with HoD should prove that. They get free xfers and boost all the way to winning silver and cant even last 2 weeks post seasons before tanking and will likely end up in bronze tiers. WvW seasons are a joke.

You mean the bandwagoners?

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

(edited by Aitadis.8269)

in WvW

Posted by: MatthewCam.4391

MatthewCam.4391

I think a lot of the Guild Wars 2 community needs to get over this need for exclusivity, from what I can tell your main problem is that other people are going to have the same stuff as you. MMO. Massively multiplayer online. As my guild mate put it “Countless people across many servers have the same skin as you. You are not special.”

Sea of Sorrows | Lt Mc Muffin
Don’t worry the games still in Beta.

in WvW

Posted by: Eypheha.5831

Eypheha.5831

Good Job!

Why should bottom gold not get weapons but top silver does? And vice versa for silver to bronze. All the servers who ended up at the bottom of gold and silver had to do was tank there rating right before season started to get far easier matchups if they wanted, but they didnt. The whole leagues thing is a joke anways and what happened with HoD should prove that. They get free xfers and boost all the way to winning silver and cant even last 2 weeks post seasons before tanking and will likely end up in bronze tiers. WvW seasons are a joke.

You mean the bandwagoners?

We are all pretty much in agreement that it doesn’t take anything more than numbers to ensure victory in the Tournament, so why all the angst? It’s not like the first place finishers did something any different than the lowest place finisher. In fact, as one person put it, the ones who participated from servers with lower populations had a much more difficult time of it…kudos to those people who put so much effort into their play. You deserve the reward for your effort. In contrast, I’d say congrats to the first place finishers. But really, it wasn’t like you did anything particularly noteworthy…was it?

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

@OP: You do realise that even if the last placed servers didn’t get anything this time around, come the next Season, they’d have enough tickets for a Mistforged weapon, right? Were you planning on complaining when Tournament 3 rolls around that Mistforged weapons are no longer exclusive?

in WvW

Posted by: TheVavil.5293

TheVavil.5293

“I do not see how it is fair that the servers that ended up last place in the tournament now can get the mistforge hero’s weapon skin (ty to the extra 100 tickets) same as for example 2nd place servers. If i would of knowen that I would get one of those skins even if my servers sucks, i would of just did the achievments and relax. "

Good Job!

Transfer to High Population Server for the Season. Run round HotM for a couple of days on the Train to finish the Meta.

Having those skins means absolutely nothing because of that.

Go to Divinitys Reach, watch Youtube Video, glitch out Liandri, same thing, meaningless title.

The Vast majority of Achievements should be called Attendance Titles, turn up, press 1, repeat.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Imo anyone who completed meta acheivement and fought their kitten off the whole tourney should get access to the weapon skins. Exclusive you said? What exactly is “exlusive” in this game? Legendaries? Half of community swings around with 1. Skins? Same story, Anyone who makes a drama about other people getting access to these skins through this compensation should get a reality check.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

I agree, I wanted the mistforged weapons to be exclusive so that I can tell who all the bandwagon bads are. Now everyone will look like a bandwagon bad. What do?

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Good Job!

This logic makes perfect sense because it was a completely fair tournament, all those servers at the bottom of the respective league totally stood a chance at beating stacked servers who had to let their numbers/coverage do the work.

Until they find a solution to make the “tournaments” actually fair whic h we all know will never happen then who cares what people get rewarded. Every server in the tournament played just as hard as the next, they should not be punished for a flaw in the system.

Aside from that, its a skin, who gives a kitten.

(edited by Nuzt.7894)

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

The rewards are not exclusive to a Season. So I am somewhat missing the OP’s point.

All someone on the other server would have to do is wait for one more Season to accumulate the right amount of tickets to buy the same skin they will be able to now get because of the frustration involved with the delay.

This is extremely good policy to inject a bit of enthusiasm back to something that had waned by the delay.

Overall, ANET isn’t typically rewarding “winning” with exclusive rewards, just more rewards. That may not be to your liking, but it tends to work better in an MMO that has a strong casual base as well as competitive players.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I agree, I wanted the mistforged weapons to be exclusive so that I can tell who all the bandwagon bads are. Now everyone will look like a bandwagon bad. What do?

Look for the ones that have TWO skins…

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I fail to see the exclusiveness of an item that would have been granted to half the servers anyways.

Not to mention you have more tickets than other people to spend on other rewards too; I’m not even getting the skin.

It’d be like if you got a $500 prize and someone got a $250 prize. A mistake caused them to compensate all with $100 more, and now you’re mad they can buy something that costs $300, and somehow there’s no difference between a $600 reward and a $350 reward. Well, there is; it’s just not the difference you want.

Did they ever say the skin was exclusive? Did they ever say the point of season 2 was to win one? Did they not include other rewards? Wasn’t the situation changed? Isn’t receiving 100 more tickets an objective benefit to you, regardless of how small it is?

You can’t just make up intentions you know.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Aren’t tickets recycled every tournament? With enough time everyone could get Mistforged weapons if they complete meta each time right?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in WvW

Posted by: Ritt.3069

Ritt.3069

I like how the OP takes some kind of pride for winning a wvw tournament, as if it had anything to do with anything other than coverage and numbers really lol. Spoilers; it doesn’t. Just be happy with what you get and don’t go crying about other people getting compensated as well.

William Van Dine/Aria Entreri/Weaver of the Dream
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA], Desolation
4 Champion titles, solo/duoq Legend, best old LB rank 64.

in WvW

Posted by: mcnick.3150

mcnick.3150

this is all useless if there are still ppl complaining they still got the bugg after the update …..just hope everything is well tomorrow.or else how long are they gonna make us wait again??

(edited by mcnick.3150)

in WvW

Posted by: mcnick.3150

mcnick.3150

I think a lot of the Guild Wars 2 community needs to get over this need for exclusivity, from what I can tell your main problem is that other people are going to have the same stuff as you. MMO. Massively multiplayer online. As my guild mate put it “Countless people across many servers have the same skin as you. You are not special.”

it happen in every game.but u get it cuz you like it.

in WvW

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

/thread

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Why the hell do people keep complaining about not being a special snowflake ?

Not only is complaining about lowest ranking server being given a mistforged weapon like the rest of the servers is stupid, do you honestly believe that because of this everyone will abandon whatever weapon skin they chose to wear a mistforged skin ?

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

All I’m hearing is, " I payed good money to transfer to a winning server and now everyone is getting the skin QQ"

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

All I’m hearing is, " I payed good money to transfer to a winning server and now everyone is getting the skin QQ"

I transferred sometime shortly after the first tournament and haven’t gotten jack all. Am I allowed to QQ or should I, and other’s in my situation, be thrown into the same lot as those QQ-ing after transferring during the second tourny?

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I transferred sometime shortly after the first tournament and haven’t gotten jack all. Am I allowed to QQ or should I, and other’s in my situation, be thrown into the same lot as those QQ-ing after transferring during the second tourny?

You think because you transferred to a stacked server earlier that makes you special in some way and more deserving of a reward than the people in the bottom server that fought just as hard if not harder?

I fought against ET and they worked their kitten off. WvW rankings is all about coverage, don’t think you are special because you are in a higher server.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN