Transfer Queue System Please

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

So currently with the way server populations are locked there’s no way to move between servers that’re already full. I know, dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

This means

• Friends/Guilds can’t consolidate on a single server that’s locked if they’re not already on it now.
  • New players with friends on full servers can’t play with their friends (in WvW)
  • The Coverage War issue is exasperated as full servers are closed to new players who might otherwise fill an empty time zone

The option we’ve been given as players is to move “down” to servers with available space, however this also means moving away from the action in many cases, not to mention friends, guilds, and allies. It also means moving away from servers where non dominant time zones are well represented and established (oceanic, EU, two examples that are present on a few servers but not most). Worse still is the prospect of some sort of organized shift in population, and the pop cap reaching its limit mid transfer and friends/guilds being cut off/split (they tore the Berlin wall down for a reason -_-u).

While there’s no easy fix given the current circumstances, I would like something like a Transfer Queue.

• This would allow a player to at least put himself into a position to transfer, even if he’d have to wait for other players to move off first (a “your place in queue” feature would be nice – the process could take weeks but that’s irrelevant).
  • Guilds could do the same thing at the same time, or even in some sort of “as a guild” feature allowing for a combined, unified trasfer when space became available.

Personally I’d like to join friends/guildies who’re on another server that is currently locked so I can continue WvW activity with people I enjoy playing the game with, but there is no option open to me. I mean, I could try to make other friends on my current server, but to hell with that!

in WvW

Posted by: SailorSpira.9371

SailorSpira.9371

If a server is full then it already has over the amount of players. So if a server is say 200 players over full 201 people would have to leave before the que system could even start.

Then what is the waiting period for acceptance of transfer? Would they need to be paid up front?

I think this system could work if the servers were only full but it appears most of the servers with Full ratings are more overflowing then full.

I think the population needs to spread out more before this could be a viable idea. Which is probably the idea of locking these servers off in the first place.

FA [CC]

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Yeah, for three years now the T1 servers have been stripping away the talent from the lower tiers with “we have fights 24/7” and a “great community”. They never cared that they were destroying the fights and community that the lower tiers had. They always said that the lower tiers could do better if they only recruited from their PvE player base better.

Now that T1 can’t get any more players to overstack their overfull servers, you get people whining about how they can’t play with their friends or guild.

You need to find new friends in another guild on another server, or play another game.

in WvW

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

That’s because too many people are riding the coat tails of the monster servers. Like. Your. Friends.

When the going gets tough, dig your heels in instead of buying gems and fleeing.

My server loses every single week. The challenge is daunting, but only the weak or selfish depart.
By the way, if they were your ‘friends’ they would never have split.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

It won’t be fair.
The larger population on the larger servers naturally will have more ‘friends’. In addition to that, you have a whole queue of players waiting to bandwagon onto it.
So please don’t be too short-sighted. Locking overpopulated server is one good step in the right direction. Now they should focus on how to bring more players into WvW.

in WvW

Ross Biddle.2367

That’s because too many people are riding the coat tails of the monster servers. Like. Your. Friends.

When the going gets tough, dig your heels in instead of buying gems and fleeing.

My server loses every single week. The challenge is daunting, but only the weak or selfish depart.
By the way, if they were your ‘friends’ they would never have split.

This is funny. I’ve been on SoR in the days leading up to, and during it’s T1 stint in which it was the underdog vs the overstacked BG and JQ. Then TC when the exodus of SoR guilds occurred, remaining in T1- still the lower populated of the three.

Now I want to transfer to Fort Aspenwood which, as I understand it, is the reigning champion for worst of T2. No, I don’t have a thing for playing the underdog server, I just want to join friends/guildies there.

So yeah, if you can move beyond your prejudices for a second, this isnt about trying to move to overstacked easy-win servers. It’s about customer satisfaction. Simple as that.

Oh, and just so you know, the friends I met via another guild. I’ve never WvW’d with them, but I’d like to.

Edit: Oh not to mention, other friends new to the game (joining a server for the first time) can’t even join me on my current server since it’s locked. There’s also no point moving to another server that’s open to join them since that only further exasperates the problem of not being able to consolidate with others I’m already looking to play with -_-u.

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

The many ruined it for the few, the reason you want to transfer is irrelevant, they are full and the over all population needs to spread out.

Don’t blame the players explaining why it is why it is, keep in mind a couple of those locked servers were known for buying up guilds, blame them and the guilds that jumped on board.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

So currently with the way server populations are locked there’s no way to move between servers that’re already full. I know, dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

This means

• Friends/Guilds can’t consolidate on a single server that’s locked if they’re not already on it now.
  • New players with friends on full servers can’t play with their friends (in WvW)
  • The Coverage War issue is exasperated as full servers are closed to new players who might otherwise fill an empty time zone

The option we’ve been given as players is to move “down” to servers with available space, however this also means moving away from the action in many cases, not to mention friends, guilds, and allies. It also means moving away from servers where non dominant time zones are well represented and established (oceanic, EU, two examples that are present on a few servers but not most). Worse still is the prospect of some sort of organized shift in population, and the pop cap reaching its limit mid transfer and friends/guilds being cut off/split (they tore the Berlin wall down for a reason -_-u).

While there’s no easy fix given the current circumstances, I would like something like a Transfer Queue.

• This would allow a player to at least put himself into a position to transfer, even if he’d have to wait for other players to move off first (a “your place in queue” feature would be nice – the process could take weeks but that’s irrelevant).
  • Guilds could do the same thing at the same time, or even in some sort of “as a guild” feature allowing for a combined, unified trasfer when space became available.

Personally I’d like to join friends/guildies who’re on another server that is currently locked so I can continue WvW activity with people I enjoy playing the game with, but there is no option open to me. I mean, I could try to make other friends on my current server, but to hell with that!

No.

What they need to do is drop the map caps on those full, so people actually destack, unfortunately they lack the balls for that.

to have a que system or add anything to one of those overstacked servers is right down idiotic. any and all efforts should go towards the ones that suffer from lack of players due to this overstacking, not helping them to overstack.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Ross Biddle.2367

This means

No.

What they need to do is drop the map caps on those full, so people actually destack, unfortunately they lack the balls for that.

to have a que system or add anything to one of those overstacked servers is right down idiotic. any and all efforts should go towards the ones that suffer from lack of players due to this overstacking, not helping them to overstack.

A server queue wouldn’t allow any more players to join a server over the current cap. It’d only allow players to move on to server X up to the cap – once those spaces become available.

Also, idiotic is expecting players to move to servers without any allie, or enemy presence. You can’t play where there’s no one to play with/against -_-u

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

or play another game.

Awesome idea, I’m certain the Dev’s would love to know that the most likely solution to their player lockout is the game loses even more players.

btw… this arbitrary sever cap is far below what the map queues dictate our populations should be.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

This means

No.

A server queue wouldn’t allow any more players to join a server over the current cap. It’d only allow players to move on to server X up to the cap – once those spaces become available.

Also, idiotic is expecting players to move to servers without any allie, or enemy presence. You can’t play where there’s no one to play with/against -_-u

Doesn’t matter. Any time or single line of code written in order to “help” T1 is too much of a waste and going in wrong direction. Again, impliment map cap sizes on full servers, destack.

Once you destack you will have people to play with / against, and you dont have to go to T8 or T7 or anything like that, you can pick T2, T3, maybe even T4 if small stuff is your cup-of-tea and you are not NA prime.

If you are NA prime then you have absolute zero right or credibility making such statements unless you are currently on T8 or T7.

A combination of destacking the top + shutting down the bottom 2 tiers would do absolute wonders for the entire game, and would do so immediately, without wait, without fail.

Yes there woudl be whining and QQ and some people would leave, but everyone that left there would be 2 or 3 returning players because now there would be actual fights throughout entire WvW. + new players being directed to servers other then full when expansion launches and not being stuck on bottom tiers would further improve things in the entire game.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

btw… this arbitrary sever cap is far below what the map queues dictate our populations should be.

How on earth would you possibly be able to know that? Just because T1 doesn’t queue all its maps anymore? Maybe the mode just isn’t all that entertaining these days to hold attention like it once did.

It is more likely that the new world population calculation has to figure in all the casual and fair-weather players that the top tiers have an extreme over abundance of. Problem of course is those are the least likely players to transfer down so the full worlds need to get vocal about supporting world transfer incentives that casual players might jump on if they ever have any hope of bringing in new blood. It is hard to feel sorry for T1 NA tho, you all did this to yourselves with your extreme recruiting campaigns and multi accounts everywhere.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

What am I missing? OP wants to transfer to FA. FA is currently Very High, not Full, so transfer. Problem solved?

in WvW

Ross Biddle.2367

This means

No.

Doesn’t matter. Any time or single line of code written in order to “help” T1 is too much of a waste and going in wrong direction. Again, impliment map cap sizes on full servers, destack.

Once you destack you will have people to play with / against, and you dont have to go to T8 or T7 or anything like that, you can pick T2, T3, maybe even T4 if small stuff is your cup-of-tea and you are not NA prime.

If you are NA prime then you have absolute zero right or credibility making such statements unless you are currently on T8 or T7.

A combination of destacking the top + shutting down the bottom 2 tiers would do absolute wonders for the entire game, and would do so immediately, without wait, without fail.

Yes there woudl be whining and QQ and some people would leave, but everyone that left there would be 2 or 3 returning players because now there would be actual fights throughout entire WvW. + new players being directed to servers other then full when expansion launches and not being stuck on bottom tiers would further improve things in the entire game.

Yeah… loving these replies and, again, the prejudice that’s leading you to totally miss your targets.

I’m currently in T2, the leading T2 server (Tarnished Coast), and I’m wanting to move to the lowest ranking T2 server (as it just so happens to be). I’m also Oceanic, playing from New Zealand.

Really though all of this is beside the point seeing as the way things are set up I’m locked out of playing with my friends/allies/guildies with no way to overcome the issue. What time zone or server I’m on or wanting to move to is irrelevant.

in WvW

Ross Biddle.2367

What am I missing? OP wants to transfer to FA. FA is currently Very High, not Full, so transfer. Problem solved?

Oh look, it isnt closed. It was btw thus the inspiration for the thread. Looks like I’m good.

Still, the point behind the thread still stands. Like, what happens when I find moving to FA was a huge mistake and want to move to join friends on TC, BG, JQ, or YB :p