Transfer suggestions

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

So, I transferred a while back to TC from Kaineng. While I absolutely love the wvw action on TC, I am starting to get a bit sick of the ques. Last night I was going to do wvw with the guild I belong to, and the que was only 10 deep, so I figured….that won’t be too long. LOL…..after 20 minutes and it just getting down to 8, I gave up and went and helped my wife with her daily.

The ques don’t happen all the time, but it is starting to get pretty annoying not being able to get into wvw when I want to. Probably comes from originally coming from Kaineng and never having ques.

Anyways, my question is……what would you all recommend for a good tier 2 or 3 server for wvw? Something with excellent wvw action, but very few ques.

Thanks for any and all help!

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

T3 is pretty messed up right now. You can choose a stacked server, or one of 2 servers that are getting blown out every week. Not much fun either way around unless you enjoy being the underdog and fighting overwhelming odds. Oddly enough I enjoy the self abuse on NSP

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Really depends upon what kind of action you are looking for and which timezone you play in. T2-sized servers get a map or two queued, more on the weekends than weekdays. And yea, T3 is pretty messed up since there’s 4 T2-sized servers and only 2 T3-sized servers.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Teon.5168

I am on west coast USA time. I don’t mind ques much on the weekends after reset….have come to expect that…..it is just the weekday evening ques that I am getting tired of.

And I don’t mind overwhelming odds…..coming from Kaineng, I got pretty used to that(when the server was more active)…..it can be a heck of a lot of fun if you approach it with the right attitude.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

If you love the T1 wvw action you may want to check out JQ or BG which dont have queue’s as often. (From what it sounds from your post.)

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

Transfer to Crystal Desert.

[varX] Limitless Potential

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Teon.5168

I hadn’t thought of that, Mishi. Interesting suggestion…..might just try that.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Teon.5168

Anything else you can tell me about the server? What’s the action like in T4?

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

Dont transfer to Crystal Desert, all they want to do is karma train and blob around the maps. Come to HOD we have loyal guilds here that enjoy wvw, and don’t jump ship everytime the rankings change.

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Teon.5168

Dont transfer to Crystal Desert, all they want to do is karma train and blob around the maps. Come to HOD we have loyal guilds here that enjoy wvw, and don’t jump ship everytime the rankings change.

Friendly players on HOD? Fun wvw’ers? What’s the action like on T4?

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

Uhhhh, CD hasn’t possess the ability to karma train and blob ever since seasons ended nor did we enjoy it when we could against weaker servers. But if you want to go and call 35ish people a blob to excuse how bad some of your guilds are, then go ahead I guess?

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Teon.5168

After seeing some of the blobs on T1, I wouldn’t call 35ish people a blob anymore.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

I moved from TC to IoJ and I’m having a blast. Yes we are getting blown out as T2 has 4 servers but who really cares about PPT. Fights are fun, roam is a good time. The only issue would be if you are on at off times ocx and sea, those will be rough. Good luck on finding the right server.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

BG has daily queues, some maps long, some short. Reset night everything is queued for hours. Since your already in t1 your familiar with how things work here.

As already stated T2/3 is a total mess right now. T2 has a lot of organized double teaming right now and basically has 4 servers competing for 3 spots. T3 is S.O.L because one of those t2 servers is going to bounce back and forth and continue wrecking t3. If you enjoy T1 action, I doubt your going to like t4/5, its not bad dont get me wrong but not on the level of t1. I would say just stick it out and try your best to deal with the queues. Get on a map early, or queue for one with the shortest line.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Teon.5168

Good points, XTD. I think the ques on weeknights will probably disappear after Christmas break……there usually is not much in the way of ques on weeknights(except Friday reset), and I hadn’t even thought about Christmas break and all the extra people that might be on.

I will keep trying for a few weeks, and if it doesn’t get better, I might do some more checking on a T4 server……I know that will be a lot less action than T1……but keep in mind that I originally came from Kaineng, a T8……and it was a ghost town there……T4 would probably be just fine for me, if T1 ques don’t get any better.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Uhhhh, CD hasn’t possess the ability to karma train and blob ever since seasons ended nor did we enjoy it when we could against weaker servers. But if you want to go and call 35ish people a blob to excuse how bad some of your guilds are, then go ahead I guess?

Yes, our guilds and wvw population are so bad that’s why we’re less than 2k points behind you right now, a server 4 ranks above us, despite the fact that neither you nor SBI ever seem to attack each other’s borderlands unless it’s to back cap whatever we take and instead spend all your time camping ours. Get over it, please.

HoD is a tight-knit community, to be sure, and the people here now are mostly the ones that stuck it out all the way from the fall to T7/8 and rise back up to Silver. We’ve gotten some OCX and SEA coverage since then, and many new guilds have formed to replace ones that were either disbanded or to merge multiples into one, but we’re mainly still the same people we were pre-S2. A lot of people who left have also come back. We have theme nights, a commander guild for intercommunication between server coms, TS, website, etc. Come fight with us. For the Henge!

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

(edited by Ark Bladesteele.2943)

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

If you love the T1 wvw action you may want to check out JQ or BG which dont have queue’s as often. (From what it sounds from your post.)

Just what T1 needs… more bandwagon jumpers to JQ.

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Mishi.7058

It just seems as if you enjoy what you’re playing in now, the only downfall is the queues from your post.
Sadly I do not know NA times very well, due to being more of an OCX/SEA/EU player due to work. I do know on reset nights JQ can queue 2-3maps for maybe 1-2hours during NA times(Or pacific NA to be more specific.)

I wish you luck in finding a place you can play in, have fun, and have quick queues. (20minutes to move 2 spots sounds horrid, a bit like the old days haha.)

OP stated all they like playing T1, and I said to check out JQ/BG because they weren’t happy with Queues on TC. So no, it’s not a bandwagon player, just someone who likes T1, and doesn’t want to wait in queue for 20minutes to move 2 spots.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

(edited by Mishi.7058)

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Teon.5168

It just seems as if you enjoy what you’re playing in now, the only downfall is the queues from your post.
Sadly I do not know NA times very well, due to being more of an OCX/SEA/EU player due to work. I do know on reset nights JQ can queue 2-3maps for maybe 1-2hours during NA times(Or pacific NA to be more specific.)

I wish you luck in finding a place you can play in, have fun, and have quick queues. (20minutes to move 2 spots sounds horrid, a bit like the old days haha.)

OP stated all they like playing T1, and I said to check out JQ/BG because they weren’t happy with Queues on TC. So no, it’s not a bandwagon player, just someone who likes T1, and doesn’t want to wait in queue for 20minutes to move 2 spots. I don’t know what BG queue’s are, nor TC’s however from what the OP and others have made it sound, TC has longer queues then JQ/BG does.

TC ques on reset night are just absurd. I usually make a point to do something besides wvw if I play Friday night. And if I were to transfer to another of the T1 servers, I would look for the one that is consistently on the bottom……

Thanks for the good wishes, Mishi……the ques might get better after the Christmas vacation break…..

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Mishi.7058

Thanks for the good wishes, Mishi……the ques might get better after the Christmas vacation break…..

Anytime, and yeah a lot have been off from school/work for the holidays last week, and this week. So maybe it’ll calm down a bit once everyone is back at school/work full time.

Commander Silvannas

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: AmphibianX.7042

AmphibianX.7042

I wonder why Anet hasnt merge some servers, I didnt know this but it looks like they did it in China: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2ps45g/gw2_server_merges_in_china/

also if you think your server is getting blown out, check out the bottom tiers of the China matchups: http://www.gw2sns.com/wvw/list

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

Anything else you can tell me about the server? What’s the action like in T4?

Tier four seems to actually be pretty stabilized. There will be timezone gaps for every server no matter what tier you are in, but the fights are good in tier 4 and most of the score doesn’t come from off hours cap holding as in the other tiers I’ve been in.

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

lol thats pretty funny coming from HoD. You guys have to blob to handle ONE of our guild groups consisting of less than 20 players. I completed twilight this reset because of you guys though. Keep bringing those loot bags to me

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Reanne.5462

lol thats pretty funny coming from HoD. You guys have to blob to handle ONE of our guild groups consisting of less than 20 players. I completed twilight this reset because of you guys though. Keep bringing those loot bags to me

ya, we play for fun, you play to camp our spawns and get loot bags, doesnt take much to see the difference in the culture of our two servers.

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: Rampage.7145

Rampage.7145

T2 has way more action than T1 just check out the scores http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups (more points in T2 with less stacked servers, means more kills despite being lower populated), i’d recomend FA if you like guild groups and fights, or Yaks bend if you like PPT play, scout, upgrade stuff and such, overtaking enemy positions. T2 ques are short 10-15 mins tops and u get to play in a different map and have fun while waiting since T2 offers you small scale and big scale wvw gameplay on the same server which means u can blob or 2-3 man solo roam no problem if you feel like.

I didn’t recomend SoS cuz they are the weakest server, even tho they have strong guilds, or DB since they have the worst guilds, all they do is mindlesly blob T1 style but with less people which means they get farmed a lot by T2 experienced fight guilds (they get rekt).

(edited by Rampage.7145)

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

ya, we play for fun, you play to camp our spawns and get loot bags, doesnt take much to see the difference in the culture of our two servers.

When we can wipe thirty to forty of you with only twenty of us, why wouldn’t we? Its to much fun.

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

When we can wipe thirty to forty of you with only twenty of us, why wouldn’t we? Its to much fun.

play nice you two. Nors, you should try to take it to the DOLOth level and get em with only eles and thieves. It can be done.

As both of you know, one guild is not representative of the entire server. play nice.

I have to agree with the people above who said T3 is FUBARed. It’s been pretty nasty for the last 6 weeks. T2 remnants come down and steamroll everything with superior coverage and population. (not one or the other, but BOTH) If you like being swarmed, and fighting an uphill battle, T3 will be a good place for you

(edited by Hamster.4861)

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

play nice you two. Nors, you should try to take it to the DOLOth level and get em with only eles and thieves. It can be done.

As both of you know, one guild is not representative of the entire server. play nice.

I have to agree with the people above who said T3 is FUBARed. It’s been pretty nasty for the last 6 weeks. T2 remnants come down and steamroll everything with superior coverage and population. (not one or the other, but BOTH) If you like being swarmed, and fighting an uphill battle, T3 will be a good place for you

Actually, I know exactly what you mean. I always gave [DOLO] respect. I’m assuming they are who you were referencing by saying “DOLOth level”. Seen nothing but good fights and masterful play style out of those guys.

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: Ryu.3972

Ryu.3972

I just moved back to Gate of Madness, still one of the best communities out all the servers ive been to, a very decent server.

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

BG has daily queues, some maps long, some short. Reset night everything is queued for hours. Since your already in t1 your familiar with how things work here.

As already stated T2/3 is a total mess right now. T2 has a lot of organized double teaming right now and basically has 4 servers competing for 3 spots. T3 is S.O.L because one of those t2 servers is going to bounce back and forth and continue wrecking t3. If you enjoy T1 action, I doubt your going to like t4/5, its not bad dont get me wrong but not on the level of t1. I would say just stick it out and try your best to deal with the queues. Get on a map early, or queue for one with the shortest line.

My server transfered from JQ to T3 and we are absolutely loving it. Do you seriously think T1 didn’t have double teams?

What is a mess about T2-T3?

How many accounts do you have? You seem to speak for 9 different servers. How much time in the past 2-3 weeks have you speant on each o the 9 servers you seem to be trying to speak for here?

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

X T D.6458

My server transfered from JQ to T3 and we are absolutely loving it. Do you seriously think T1 didn’t have double teams?

What is a mess about T2-T3?

How many accounts do you have? You seem to speak for 9 different servers. How much time in the past 2-3 weeks have you speant on each o the 9 servers you seem to be trying to speak for here?

Did you bother reading the OP at all? Or did you just come here to flame at people that you disagree with and dont bother giving half a second to try to understand? If you dont know whats the mess about t2/3 atm, try paying attention as many people have pointed out in different posts.

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I do not feel it is unreasonable to ask someone how they speak for servers they are not on.

I find T2/3 to be rather enjoyable, nor do I see anyone, other then a single poster, suggesting they are “a mess”. No one at all is claiming T2 is a mess by any means. So I find it extremely reasonable to ask how you justify claiming all 6 T2/3 servers are “a mess”? You made a post that appeared to be from a perspective of a player on BG………It seems reasonable to me, then to ask, how you can claim to speak for T1/2/3 servers if you only play on one of them.

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I agree with the questioning. You state this, indicating you are on BG, yet you claim to speak for T2/3 and know what is going on there. You justify this by claiming it is explained in this thread. I hardly feel the 8-10 posters tops, in this thread draw a reasonable picture of the two tiers. They are simply sharing their opinion, yet you appear to believe it makes you an expert to make claims about the tiers you do not participate in. I find that a very solid reason to question your claims of the servers you do not play on yourself.

Clearly you are not seeking reasonable discussion. When someone questions your claims about servers you do not participate on or against you post this:

lol’ed hard at this one

I, my guild, and some friends, transferred from from JQ on kitten a server that was in T3 at the time. The server has since locked into T2 for several weeks, and has taken first for several weeks in a row. Nothing about my experience in T3 or T2 suggest they are problematic in any way.

I see the same double teaming (and why wouldn’t servers team up for their benefit, it just makes sense) I see similar amounts of the same professions roaming. I see similar hammer trains, as well as seeing all of the T2 servers with close scores. How is that “messed up”?

The trouble comes in tiers such as T3 at times. Where an above tier server gets bumped down, and a lower tier server earned their way up. At that point you have a bit of a mismatch, that cannot be avoided as I see it. In my opinion though, if the two smaller servers do not use some map politics and make an alliance and double team the stronger one, then they deserve to get dominated.

None of that is “messed up”. It is simply War and like it or not, WvW is indeed designed to be war.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

X T D.6458

And because you 2 didnt bother reading anything or paying attention to the OP, but came here to find someone to flame at because you want to act like white knights for your servers. Ill clue you in, the OP is interested in transfering and wanted ideas. Did either of you bother to help him?

How about telling him whats good about your servers, instead of attacking someones opinions, great way to represent your servers!

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

T3 is a mess because of 4 t2 servers is where he was going….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

So, I transferred a while back to TC from Kaineng. While I absolutely love the wvw action on TC, I am starting to get a bit sick of the ques. Last night I was going to do wvw with the guild I belong to, and the que was only 10 deep, so I figured….that won’t be too long. LOL…..after 20 minutes and it just getting down to 8, I gave up and went and helped my wife with her daily.

there have been a good deal of T1 servers guilds, transferring down to T2/3 servers in the last 3 months for this reason. My personal suggestion as a player with a guild that moved from kitten T3, then assisted in the server locking in at T2, that you may enjoy a T2 server. But this is simply my opinion based on my first hand experience.

How about telling him whats good about your servers, instead of attacking someones opinions, great way to represent your servers!

As I see it, my post does indeed suggest what is good about my server. I am not attacking your opinion. I am attacking the fact that you stated your opinion as if it were fact, and then you attacked others for disagreeing or questioning your basis for making claims.

It is not your opinion that I feel is problematic. As far as I am concerned you are welcome to it. My issue is that it is an uninformed opinion that you present as if it were fact. You go on to claim the fact that having a few friends on other servers makes you on expert on those servers. You follow up by claiming that reading other post from folks on those servers allows you to be an expert on them. That seems unreasonable experience for you to make such negative claims about servers that you show no evidence that you have ever played on.

but came here to find someone to flame at because you want to act like white knights for your servers.

White knights for servers? I hardly feel that speaking out against someone making claims based on literally zero personal experience is even remotely white knighting anything. It is just common sense.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Reanne.5462

Whats up CD? tired this week?

Transfer suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

GOM > FA > GOM > IOJ > GOM > CD > IOJ > BG > IOJ > FA…..

I try to follow the fights and at the moment DB/FA in T2 are dukin it out daily while YB arrow carts the fight from the towers

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.