Transfer to different server, advice pls

in WvW

Posted by: epborden.7492

epborden.7492

I’ve been playing on Kaineng for almost two years, and started out on Gate of Madness. I’m primarily a roamer. I like to roam with my thief and warrior, and occasionally I might hook up with a small group or zerg. I really don’t care for the blob fighting at all. I guess I’m looking for a server that has a moderate population where I can roam and find folks often enough to keep it fun, but not so much that it gets ridiculous. This is basically my last ditch effort with the game to make it interesting before I abandon it so I want to try to switch things up.

in WvW

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I would suggest looking in the World Recruitment threads to see which guilds are actively looking for people during the times in which you play. You can then message them in game and get a feel for the people and the community you would be joining before you make the move.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in WvW

Posted by: epborden.7492

epborden.7492

Cool, thank you, I will do that!

in WvW

Posted by: Haematic.4913

Haematic.4913

If you’re a roamer I would suggest T3 servers first, then look at T2.

I’ve been struggling with roaming in T2 recently, so T3 might be your best bet.

Fort Aspenwood – Haematic, Inclina Deus
http://youtube.com/haematic4913
http://twitch.tv/haematic

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

T2 roaming is good right now. Not as good as the Mag/FA/SoS T2, but still very good. Sure it gets a bit zergy from time to time but I am always finding good fights from FA and occasionally from SoS. IMO roaming below T2 in off hours can be REALLY boring.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I recommend Northern Shiverpeaks

I had almost exactly the same scenario. I started WvW on Kaineng around March of 2013. I pretty much only do roaming (solo mostly, but duo or small groups).

I switched to NSP this past spring. It’s been great. There are plenty of times where I can operate totally solo and get a lot done (even solo a tower every now and then), but there’s typically enough opponents that you can get a reasonable rate of 1v1, 2v2, etc fights

On reset night, it’s typically a bit tricky to roam solo – there’s usually enough opposition from other servers that taking things by yourself can be tough.

There seems to be a pretty healthy population of roamers. I see quite a few familiar faces in the borderland maps

Overall, it feels like roamer’s paradise to me