Transfering to T1

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Roid.6832

Roid.6832

Is it possible to transfer? Can you catch a full server coming off full to very full for a few mins once or twice a day ? Or are the tier 1 servers locked on full?

Oxein – SOS [TS]

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Most are Locked or near to it, just need to be lucky I guess.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

If you want to fight T1 servers transfer to T2.

JQ subsidiary

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I heard it opens up occasionally at around 4 in the morning. You should definitely stay up all night watching the server list so you can hop on that bandwagon.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

How about you stay where you are and make your own server stronger?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Try auto-click programs and leave em on

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I heard it opens up occasionally at around 4 in the morning. You should definitely stay up all night watching the server list so you can hop on that bandwagon.

Under the new system they are fully locked.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Based upon the population difference between the full servers of JQ/BG/TC/YB and the very high server FA, the top four servers will have to lose1/4 to 1/3 of their population before you can move to NA T1.

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Puck.9612

Don’t listen to this guy, he is just trying to get his friends in and he’s afraid you’ll take their spot. That guys saying you can use an auto click program is lying too.

The only way to be sure to get in is to stay up all night and watch it until it opens up. It may take a few days but you can do it, just stock up on redbull. I mean what’s a week’s worth of sleep if you can get into T1 right!

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Don’t listen to this guy, he is just trying to get his friends in and he’s afraid you’ll take their spot. That guys saying you can use an auto click program is lying too.

The only way to be sure to get in is to stay up all night and watch it until it opens up. It may take a few days but you can do it, just stock up on redbull. I mean what’s a week’s worth of sleep if you can get into T1 right!

I think he’s actually right about the new system keeping things fully locked. I’m so glad I got my friends onto JQ before the change.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I think he’s actually right about the new system keeping things fully locked. I’m so glad I got my friends onto JQ before the change.

I think he is being sarcastic

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Roid.6832

Roid.6832

Not possible. I’m in SOR it is a ghost town since I last played. I just started playing GW2 again and if I can’t get into a T1 server for wvw I have no interest in continuing to play GW2.

Oxein – SOS [TS]

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

Not possible. I’m in SOR it is a ghost town since I last played. I just started playing GW2 again and if I can’t get into a T1 server for wvw I have no interest in continuing to play GW2.

Maybe going to Eotm will help you? It´s a 24/7 zerg with 0 resposibility. If I understand you right, you don´t want to take responsibility, which is ok. You have a problem when you are looking for GvG, but maybe Guild Halls will patch that problem for you too.

Not really versed in the NA server landscape, but I am pretty positive that everything up to T4 is not a barren wasteland, so why don´t you try your luck somewhere in that pecking order?

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: SailorSpira.9371

SailorSpira.9371

If you want to fight T1 servers transfer to T2.

That’s going to be your best option.

They are not going to unlock a server because one person asks.

If you want to find a server that fits you let us know what time zone you play and what type of fights you are looking for. Why does T1 appeal to you? There may be other open servers that share some of these qualities.

FA [CC]

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Jorec.3716

Jorec.3716

It’s not possible, transfer down to a mid range tier server and make them stronger instead of trying to hop onto a server that doesn’t need the extra body, or you could take Puck’s suggestion and report back to us.

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Kyo.7369

Kyo.7369

tier 3 fite tier

Guardian Kyo
Arkham[Ark]
Maguuma

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

I’m guessing it’s possible from time to time?

I joined JQ, by complete fluke, about 7 months ago when I first started playing.

I didn’t even know, at the time, that it was a tier 1 server (or even that there were different tiers), or that it was normally full…

I just joined it because of the name.

In a way it was a bad thing for me, as I was new and just stumbled into WvW (having not even done EOTM) on a tier 1 server, on my undergeared Zerker Ranger.

But this proves it is, or was, possible (at least, until fairly recently).

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

7 months ago would be prior to the world population calculation change.

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Ah, OK.

So, it’s no longer ever possible?

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

Ah, OK.

So, it’s no longer ever possible?

correct, unless enough players leave (quit or transfer) the full world or stop logging into WvW for several weeks.

And as painful as it is for a small minority of people, it is the right thing for the game and I will continue to say that even after all my friends return to the game to play on our full world of origin where I can no longer join them since I transferred down to stop being part of the problem.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

I love these “can I get into T1” threads!

First of all it shows how broken Anet allowed the servers to become, getting players to stack into the top 3-4 servers.

And the typical excuse of “I want to play with my friend”, is yet again hilarious! You dont see such tantrums on other games, yet here it’s like they think it’s their right to get into T1, like there isnt another tier available. :P

Anet waited too long to lock servers this way, and by still charging gems for transfers after PvE gets megaservers, it’s just another slap in the face for WvW players.

But although I laugh at them I am getting tired of seeing them. A mod really need to make a stick saying Full servers are full for a reason, select another server!

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

First of all it shows how broken Anet allowed the servers to become, getting players to stack into the top 3-4 servers.

And the typical excuse of “I want to play with my friend”, is yet again hilarious! You dont see such tantrums on other games, yet here it’s like they think it’s their right to get into T1, like there isnt another tier available. :P

Anet waited too long to lock servers this way, and by still charging gems for transfers after PvE gets megaservers, it’s just another slap in the face for WvW players.

But although I laugh at them I am getting tired of seeing them. A mod really need to make a stick saying Full servers are full for a reason, select another server!

Seeing these threads gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Like drinking a hot cup of cocoa on a quiet rainy day.

Gate of Madness

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Not everyone who plays GW2 is going to be interested in WvW and the players who are interested in WvW are going to stack on the servers that are also interested. Anet had nothing to do with players stacking on top tier servers and Anet has nothing to do with players continuing to try and join top tier servers. Tier 1 IS where the players who care most about WvW are going to be and there’s nothing wrong with other players who aren’t in Tier 1 wanting to be apart of that.

Stop trying to make yourself feel better about being on the server you’re on.

… I still want tengu.

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

Not everyone who plays GW2 is going to be interested in WvW and the players who are interested in WvW are going to stack on the servers that are also interested. Anet had nothing to do with players stacking on top tier servers and Anet has nothing to do with players continuing to try and join top tier servers. Tier 1 IS where the players who care most about WvW are going to be and there’s nothing wrong with other players who aren’t in Tier 1 wanting to be apart of that.

What’s best for tier 1 has been shown to be not best for WvW.

If T1 really cared about WvW we would have never gotten to a place where Anet limited transfers.

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Puck.9612

Bullkitten. The players that care about WvW realize it’s unhealthy for the game mode to try and over stack a handfull of servers.

Stop thinking you are something special because you paid to transfer.

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: LunacyPolish.4602

LunacyPolish.4602

The problem with the whole lockout idea is that we’re stuck on a tier which is slowly dying of attrition. Instead of creating several populated tiers as intended all the lockout has done is ensure yet another dead tier. It will take a long time for that to happen because of so many WvW centric players like myself not seeing a better option than to keep going, but I can already tell our coverage is slipping.

Very seldom in any situation does sabotaging what is already good actually improve situations that aren’t so good.

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

Tier 1 IS where the players who care most about WvW are going to be and there’s nothing wrong with other players who aren’t in Tier 1 wanting to be apart of that.

Do you really think that? The only place T1 is the place to be is zerg fights and bandwagoning.

In fact your comment is insulting to all those other non-gloryhunting dedicated WvW players!

If anyone in T1 cared about WvW they would transfer to lower servers to make matchup more random and fun. Instead they stay there fighting the same matchup 90% of the time.

Sorry to tell you this, but T1 is one of the more major problems with WvW. Too many bandwagoners and gloryhunters moved there and tipped the scales.

I still remember the farce a couple years ago where the #1 ranked server was still posting the forums claiming they need more players. They didnt, they wanted more nightcappers when they didnt need either.

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

Not possible. I’m in SOR it is a ghost town…

Can confirm there’s nothing ever happening on SoR. WvW and GvG scene completely ded. Best transfer to the blob tier, boiz.

#SoRRevival2k15

Attachments:

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

(edited by Tiffany.8576)

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

The problem with the whole lockout idea is that we’re stuck on a tier which is slowly dying of attrition. Instead of creating several populated tiers as intended all the lockout has done is ensure yet another dead tier. It will take a long time for that to happen because of so many WvW centric players like myself not seeing a better option than to keep going, but I can already tell our coverage is slipping.

Very seldom in any situation does sabotaging what is already good actually improve situations that aren’t so good.

You should create an alt and go to FA. FA recently went from FULL to VERY HIGH. It will give you an idea what FULL will become. This will show you how overstacked T1 is.

You’ll just have to get used to 20v20v20 on four maps instead of 60v60v60.

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Puck.9612

Except it is working. When T2 was destroyed by all of the bored T1 players that decided to bandwagon on to yaks, where do you think those players went? Silver and high bronze have been getting a bunch of players since the lock out.

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

I wouldn’t be surprised if people like Mal are crying to anet right now to get things to change. o:

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Tier 1 IS where the players who care most about WvW are going to be and there’s nothing wrong with other players who aren’t in Tier 1 wanting to be apart of that.

No, transferring to tier 1 is what people who don’t care about WvW do.

I dunno what you think hard WvW is. Is it being part of a zerg?

Gate of Madness

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Do you really think that? The only place T1 is the place to be is zerg fights and bandwagoning.

In fact your comment is insulting to all those other non-gloryhunting dedicated WvW players!

If anyone in T1 cared about WvW they would transfer to lower servers to make matchup more random and fun. Instead they stay there fighting the same matchup 90% of the time.

Sorry to tell you this, but T1 is one of the more major problems with WvW. Too many bandwagoners and gloryhunters moved there and tipped the scales.

I still remember the farce a couple years ago where the #1 ranked server was still posting the forums claiming they need more players. They didnt, they wanted more nightcappers when they didnt need either.

NA T1 servers are literally the only place you can get decent round the clock action. There’s a few servers here and there that may field a zerg at OCX or SEA prime, but it’s only those T1 servers (only JQ and BG at this point) that can do it consistently. The problem with NA T1 isn’t the bandwagoning in itself (NA prime time fairweather bandwagon players are part of the problem for sure), but that we don’t have servers for our own region and thus have to resort to mainly using NA servers in order to get decent competition in our prime times. In order to maintain competition during these few hours, we have more or less all moved up into 1 tier, since there’s not enough of us to spread out and still maintain prime time style fights.

Those outside of NA T1 are more or less just karma training empty borderlands or fighting against skeleton crews, or otherwise having only smaller scale fights against few opponents with no opportunity to get larger scale fights in their prime time.

This is why NA cannot have the server rotation that EU enjoys. EU, for most part, don’t have 24/7 coverage from guilds that play from AUS/NZ and Asia (couple exceptions, but very few). They are mainly from EU and to a lesser extent, NA. The coverage wars aren’t nearly as strong as the NA servers, who try to constantly recruit OCX and SEA players, despite many servers being unable to support them anyway due to having either no competition in their time zone, or facing too many, which causes the recruits to become bored or demoralised and transfer off again anyway.

In terms of spreading out, NA has done that pretty well in terms of NA prime time players. There are good numbers out all the way down to T4-T5. T1 has been slowly shedding numbers for quite a while since they’ve been on full status for a long time, while T2 has recently shed guilds to T3, at the same time as T4 and T5 getting transfers too. Those players aren’t the ones that determine tier matchups though, since it’s relatively even down the tiers with only minor differences as you drop down each tier (except T2 right now as they’re rebuilding). It’s us AUS/NZ and Asian players that determine which tier a server is in.

I haven’t really mentioned EU players on NA servers though since there’s not very many EU here in the first place and they have their own set of servers to play on with good fights and decent server rotations.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

It’s us AUS/NZ and Asian players that determine which tier a server is in.

It is no accident that the servers in this game with stacked OCX or SEA historically have a weak NA for the tier they are in. The NA on your servers end up having a difficult time competing against the NA on the opposing servers because they are too high up in rank for NA.

I’m not blaming OCX/SEA players for this. You guys are stuck without your own set of servers.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

It is no accident that the servers in this game with stacked OCX or SEA historically have a weak NA for the tier they are in. The NA on your servers end up having a difficult time competing against the NA on the opposing servers because they are too high up in rank for NA.

I’m not blaming OCX/SEA players for this. You guys are stuck without your own set of servers.

Yep. If we had a AU/NZ/SEA server, you’d start to see the coverage issues on NA slowly fix itself over the course of a few months as players migrate toward their own regional servers with lower ping. It’s not like we want to play on NA servers with the 200-300ms ping on a skill based game…

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Yep. If we had a AU/NZ/SEA server, you’d start to see the coverage issues on NA slowly fix itself over the course of a few months as players migrate toward their own regional servers with lower ping. It’s not like we want to play on NA servers with the 200-300ms ping on a skill based game…

If servers could be assigned a region such as OCX and sea – how many servers could those TZs support? I agree there should have been designated servers for OCX and sea, but wonder if the issue is there would just be too few and wvw would be the same 3 servers every week. I don’t know if that is true at all, but wonder if that is the reason – not enough for 6 servers……

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: Lizenz.6358

Lizenz.6358

I don’t understand why everyone wants into T1 so bad when T2 is more “competitive” for lack of a better word.

T1 WvW:

ZERRRRGGGGGGG!!!!

T2 WvW:

Primary Objectives – ZERRRRGGGGG!!!!
Supply Depots, Etc. – Roaming strike teams

In T2 a small, coordinated 5-man team can meaningfully contribute to WvW and there are still very few “dead” hours of the day. In T1 the only way you can do anything is join a blob and while blobs are fun for a little while, for the most part they are not strategic, at least not in my experience.

I’ve been in highly coordinated 40v40 world PvP matches in WoW where communication and strategy are actually very important, but I just haven’t seen that in this game during my (admittedly somewhat limited) time playing.

Transfering to T1

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

[ ] Facts
[x] Self-defined facts
[x] Personal Attack
[x] lol
[x] Forum software really sucks with spaces

Anyhow, I’m afraid Anet for once has it right. Nobody has any kind of entitlement to get into any server, regardless of what they think. No individual or group of friends is that important.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)