Transferring? Consider Yak's Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: romulanale.1486

romulanale.1486

Perhaps your guild is on a highly ranked server and is frustrated with queue times.

Perhaps your guild is frustrated with the level of organization, cooperation, or communication taking place in world versus world battles.

Perhaps your guild is Australian, European, or speaks a language other than English and you want to play with similar guilds.

Transferring to Yak’s Bend may solve your problems. At present Yak’s Bend is a sixth tier server, because an influx of transfers from Jade Quarry to Sanctum of Rall artificially lowered our rating. The result of this is that our server rating has rocketed up over 130 points this week. This will place us in the fourth tier of servers next week.

In addition to being fourth tier, Yak’s Bend offers a number of unique advantages over other servers.

-Yak’s Bend is not dominated by any large guild.
-Yak’s Bend has great cooperation, communicating, and organization between guilds in WvW
-Yak’s Bend has optional guild meetings to coordinate WvW
-Yak’s Bend has a dedicated website with discussion forums
-Yak’s Bend has dedicated Mumble, Ventrilo, and TeamSpeak servers
-Yak’s Bend has French and Spanish speaking guilds
-Yak’s Bend has Australian guilds, who do an excellent job preventing night-capping
-Yak’s Bend’s WvW map chat is almost entirely trolling-free and in English
-Yak’s Bend has a reasonable activity level at all times of day
-Yak’s Bend does well despite having the out manned buff

With the support of additional guilds transferring to Yak’s Bend, our server could even out daily activity levels while still providing high quality battles without queue times. Yak’s Bend has room for you regardless of your time-zone, language, or nationality.

To see our world versus world server rating follow this link:
http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

To visit the Yak’s Bend website follow this link:
http://www.yaksbend.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Kohai.2571

Kohai.2571

they can’t…yaks is full right now lol

[LUN]LunĂ¡ticos – Sanctum of Rall – Brazilian Guild
http://lunaticosgw2.enjin.com [PT-BR]

in WvW

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

TBH, I don’t think we need anymore transfers.

And I didn’t know Yak’s had its own website.

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarok.4586

Ragnarok.4586

Why would anyone want to transfer to a server named “Yak’s Bend”? Why would anyone want to transfer to a heavily populated server? There is no challenge. I guess if you have no skills and require a zerg to kill people, it could be beneficial.

Mekanos – Engineer | Alradian – Warrior
[FcTR] on Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: romulanale.1486

romulanale.1486

Kohai:
When I moved to Yak’s Bend a few weeks ago it was full then too. I just waited a bit. It is not full at all hours of the day.

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

Its a great server.. We have a heavy PVE population but our WvW pop is on the lower side. Anyone who thinks there is no challenge to be had here has never played on this server or is trolling.

I cannot speak for all of the maps but the ones Foo runs on we typically do split pushes and small group operations. There is some large groups running as well but we all work together to get the same thing done.

I don’t know that we “need” any transfers. But it certainly would be a challenge for anyone wanting to try to make it in the 4th bracket on a historically 5th bracket server.

We typically do very well with our small organized guilds, We have no large 50+ person guilds that are dedicated to WvW so theres always a map or two that have no queue or no strong single guild presence. It wouldn’t hurt if someone filled that role.

Either way we’ll be fine. Competitive in the fourth bracket.. Competitive in the fifth.. its all the same to me. I just like to pvp.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

I would personally prefer YB to grow and develop organically. The last thing I would want is for us to go down SoR’s road. So if you are a guild looking to come here, it can be a fun server – just please don’t bring all your friends and acquaintances with you

And yeah, if we make it to tier 4, it will be interesting. Yet another consequence of transfers, for us likely leading to three less than enjoyable weeks of WvW. Tier 5 for the meantime was nice and comfy.

in WvW

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

I’m from Yak’s and a member of Lincoln Force [BOMB]. If you transfer here there’s only one rule. Don’t get freaked out by my need to be naked.

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

in WvW

Posted by: joebane.5872

joebane.5872

Joe is tired of the outmanned buff.

Joebane – Yak’s Bend
Foo Guild – www.fooguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Tlaloc.9681

Tlaloc.9681

Tier 4 + influx… that would be rough.

Proud member of the Yak’s Bend server!
http://www.yaksbend.com

in WvW

Posted by: Obed.7629

Obed.7629

The last thing I would want is for us to go down SoR’s road.

First off, SoR had one heck of a fun game against YB a couple of weeks ago. What a nail-biter! I enjoyed fighting against you kittens, and I think anyone who transfers to your server will like it.

As “going down SoR’s road”, this week we are in another bang-up game. There have been several lead changes between us and Sea of Sorrows, and lots of solid play varying from solo and small unit up to massive zerg. YMMV, but my experience has been that the queue times are not excessive as long as you are not picky about which map you start on.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I guess if you have no skills and require a zerg to kill people, it could be beneficial.

They have that in spades already.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: FatFuzzy.2659

FatFuzzy.2659

No thx, i prefer my wvw with a little bit of a challenge, i have a brain fortunately & am far genetically removed from lemmings. Good Day.

LvL 80 Thief “Axxeman”
Sorrow’s Furnace
Planet Earth

in WvW

Posted by: Gaddafi Duck.6371

Gaddafi Duck.6371

Joe is tired of the outmanned buff.

^

in WvW

Posted by: joebane.5872

joebane.5872

Outmanned again tonight even though we own the entire map. Great for farming, rough for maintaining our completely dominant lead.

Joebane – Yak’s Bend
Foo Guild – www.fooguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Smokedcat.1803

Smokedcat.1803

I’m on the Gates of madness server,and its another boring week of WvWvW. One server has all the maps again,great.. I hope this is not what you wanted… It’s very boring. Please pick a server and stay there . thank you

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

@joebane you should bug report that

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Subtle.4596

Subtle.4596

lol its cause everyone else was PvEing world bosses…
Good lord you think we have a zerg? You should see those dragons get mugged in 30secs. Wish I could get our zerg to move with such purpose.

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Kazak.8459

Kazak.8459

We had a mini zerg last night attacking candy corns! :P

PS: Subtle did you make your count last night?

GoM had a good zerg going around in Yak’s BG last night, good fights.

in WvW

Posted by: LoneCrow.6912

LoneCrow.6912

You yaks are a bunch of hacks! I fart on every one of your corpses!!

in WvW

Posted by: Kazak.8459

Kazak.8459

You yaks are a bunch of hacks! I fart on every one of your corpses!!

I assume you are from SF?