Transfers a few weeks before tournament?

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

So who’s bright idea was it to offer transfers a few weeks before the tournament? You’ve basically thrown all the rank information gained during the off season out the window and because of this some of the matches are incredibly unbalanced.

If you want to keep a WvW community you need to gain some credibility, not toss it out the door.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

actually i think it is a good idea.

it would give the servers the time to adjust to the proper rank for the initial match up. it is just that the time given was not enough.

there should actually be a 3 or 4 weeks cooling off period before the league begins for the servers to naturally adjust their rank based on the new server strength due to transfers.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

It pigeonholes all ppl who care about winning in to a select group of servers, while destroying the wvw community on other servers.

Its purely meant as a cash grab. It doesnt do anything good for the community and competetion in general.

in WvW

grifflyman.8102

It pigeonholes all ppl who care about winning in to a select group of servers, while destroying the wvw community on other servers.

Its purely meant as a cash grab. It doesnt do anything good for the community and competetion in general.

Exactly, and it’s a great way to show the fan base you care….

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I think it’s one last cash-in before the whole “World” concept is binned. I was hopeful, but now I dread to think what will replace it.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

> Group leagues and rewards based on server rank, based on the assumption that server rank represents server strength

> Destroys relation between server rank and server strength by offering free transfers

> Starts league play

I don’t even

in WvW

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

They really should lock transfers down before they announce upcoming tournaments for all the above reasons.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

in WvW

grifflyman.8102

> Group leagues and rewards based on server rank, based on the assumption that server rank represents server strength

> Destroys relation between server rank and server strength by offering free transfers

> Starts league play

I don’t even

100% this.

Let me just say I stopped playing after the last tournament and am just now logging in again after about 4 months away. When I found out they did this I felt like they just didn’t give a kitten about WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Except that they gave away free transfers, and charged more money to go to higher servers in an attempt to discourage transferring there.

And, from looking at HoD, I think most of the transfers were free ones. Plus, it looks like NSP got a few as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I thought people were asking for free transfers before this season?

azizul is right though, they needed a cooling off period so things like the HoD situation would have become clear.

As it is HoD has destroyed my will to fight…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

The free xfers would have been ok if they were a limited number of slots. Unlimited made silver a farce for who wins…. Oh well, still having fun, just not when we face the horde.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: TitaniumDog.3054

TitaniumDog.3054

The other thing is that after the “tournament” I think it’s unlikely HOD will move up into T2 the way Glicko/scoring works currently so Hod will be spending months smashing the opposition servers.

It might be better to transfer to HOD now while it only costs 1000 gems, or wait until the next round of free transfers and jump to the most likely next big thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Except that they gave away free transfers, and charged more money to go to higher servers in an attempt to discourage transferring there.

And, from looking at HoD, I think most of the transfers were free ones. Plus, it looks like NSP got a few as well.

The players we have are mostly the same tags and same names as everyday, if u fight with us in a few months will be the same players also.
I imagine the numbers of gain equals the number of losses some went to HoD to.

We might had one or two small guilds, not entirely sure but must be a small number.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Free transfers ultimately just stacks one server while leaving others empty.
Maybe this is their way of merging servers without actually doing it.

in WvW

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

Speaking for Bronze, it’s known that DR and Kaineng benefited from the transfers the most, Ehmry Bay saw some as well. Being on GoM, we had some individual transfers, but there were no guild transfers.

Here we are in week 3, and word of mouth is more folks have transferred out of the quite a few bronze league servers, but haven’t heard where they transferred to.

I feel like people “would” transfer to GoM and stack it in order to get on the bandwagon server that will likely take 1st place in Bronze. But given the steep price in the mid tournament transfer costs, that may limit individuals to transfer, rather than guilds.

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

The free xfers would have been ok if they were a limited number of slots. Unlimited made silver a farce for who wins…. Oh well, still having fun, just not when we face the horde.

Seems to be a battle in silver for the 4/5/6 spots.

You guys have a good matchup with IoJ and NSP this week (I think NSP might pull it out, over IoJ).

Gotta say, YB has surprised me with how well they have performed this season so far. I wonder if we (SBI) will actually face you this season, or if we will just continue to swap in and out of the HoD/FA match.

in WvW

Liston.9708

Seems to be a battle in silver for the 4/5/6 spots.

You guys have a good matchup with IoJ and NSP this week (I think NSP might pull it out, over IoJ).

Gotta say, YB has surprised me with how well they have performed this season so far. I wonder if we (SBI) will actually face you this season, or if we will just continue to swap in and out of the HoD/FA match.

I have sort of wondered that too. Week isn’t over yet, but not looking forward to hod/F A, if standings stay put.

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

Lots asked for the transfers as well… you can’t make everyone happy.

Some win and some lose. It was going to be stale anyway but at least now a few servers get to rise up and we get to watch them either break or succeed which is fun too.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

actually i think it is a good idea.

it would give the servers the time to adjust to the proper rank for the initial match up. it is just that the time given was not enough.

there should actually be a 3 or 4 weeks cooling off period before the league begins for the servers to naturally adjust their rank based on the new server strength due to transfers.

Except it was not enough time for proper adjustment. HoD, SoR.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

Lots asked for the transfers as well… you can’t make everyone happy.

Some win and some lose. It was going to be stale anyway but at least now a few servers get to rise up and we get to watch them either break or succeed which is fun too.

Transfers aren’t the problem. Free transfers to high-ranked, already-full servers (in one case the second-ranked server in the league!) are the problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Ceres.4569

Ceres.4569

I thought people were asking for free transfers before this season?

azizul is right though, they needed a cooling off period so things like the HoD situation would have become clear.

As it is HoD has destroyed my will to fight…

Unless you’re stuck in off hour coverage that they have in spades, they’re a bag farm which should be motivation to fight.
Well, besides the fact that it seems they die so often the actual loot is rarely good.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Looking at the data, the system worked much better than Season 1. Over half the tiers have solid matches each week. Bronze is competitive, Gold is competitive and Silver is still a bit lopsided but not nearly as kitteneason 1. Practically nobody predicted HoD pulling into 1st place in Silver myself included.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

And I would like to have my map completed without having to pay 1k gems but too late now so…

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

in WvW

grifflyman.8102

Anyone who has to play HoD will realize how much of a mockery season 2 is.

in WvW

Posted by: Markan.3460

Markan.3460

Yep. The transfer mechanism has basically given prizes to people for transferring onto the highest ranked free server and screwed over those who stayed; all in all a very odd decision.

The Older Gamers – Yak’s Bend

in WvW

grifflyman.8102

Yep. The transfer mechanism has basically given prizes to people for transferring onto the highest ranked free server and screwed over those who stayed; all in all a very odd decision.

I don’t care about the prizes, I just want even, fun fights. When the opposing team has enough players to send 20+ people to a 5 man taking camps, and can respond anywhere on the map within minutes it becomes super lame.

in WvW

Posted by: Daviepants.4710

Daviepants.4710

I don’t care about the prizes, I just want even, fun fights. When the opposing team has enough players to send 20+ people to a 5 man taking camps, and can respond anywhere on the map within minutes it becomes super lame.

^This. I think what frustrates me the most (coming from FA), is that it all comes down to a numbers game. I’ll be that jerk and say 95% of HoD’s population doesn’t know what they’re doing in WvW…I’ve been a part of zergs that are half the size of zergs we’ve encountered from HoD and we’ve just taken them out every single time. ANet really needs to factor in an additional points system that takes stuff like that into affect, to give servers who may not have the population but have the capability to take out enemies when they are outnumbered an incentive to actually want to fight and push forward. It’s so discouraging to know that we are more capable and we can’t do anything about it because they basically have people on 24/7 capping things even when we aren’t on just because people decided to bandwagon and take advantage of a free transfer that shouldn’t have happened so soon before a tournament and in such huge numbers.

And I know I’m not the only one who feels this way, both in my server and in other servers…

in WvW

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

^——— lulz come on fa get your act together, after your spectacular hard fought win last tournament, getting beat like this is just…… Ewwww.

I’m not saying I’m just saying getting into bronze league for season 3 is going to be quit a challenge ….

You guys aren’t having fun yet?

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in WvW

Posted by: IRGRL.4189

IRGRL.4189

Already I logged in to see how we were fairing in FA and it’s a joke. All I do is WvW and I used to love the close matches between servers. Where is the competativeness of not being able to get out of your own waypoint? This has become a numbers tournament. I will stay in WvW a while longer as i am a Warlord for my guild and my role is to lead WvW guildies , but I know against numbers like HoD have we cant win, so I will probably pvp until this week is over and pray the next round finds us with some good and skilled battles.
Its one thing to brag and win a fight because of skill and it surly is another to say you wonsimply because you outnumbered another server.
Its like giving all the kids on a baseball team a trophy at the end of the season.they didnt get it because they were good, they got it so no one will cry.
————

~follow me on Twitter @IRGRL ~

(edited by IRGRL.4189)

in WvW

Liston.9708

I don’t see much difference between hod season 2 and FA season 1, the numbers overwhelmed everyone else in silver the entire season….. That said, there certainly aren’t 3 silver that could compete in gold, so sort of stuck with what we have. A limited free xfer to hod instead of unlimited would have helped, but unknown by how much.

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

^This. I think what frustrates me the most (coming from FA), is that it all comes down to a numbers game. I’ll be that jerk and say 95% of HoD’s population doesn’t know what they’re doing in WvW…I’ve been a part of zergs that are half the size of zergs we’ve encountered from HoD and we’ve just taken them out every single time. ANet really needs to factor in an additional points system that takes stuff like that into affect, to give servers who may not have the population but have the capability to take out enemies when they are outnumbered an incentive to actually want to fight and push forward. It’s so discouraging to know that we are more capable and we can’t do anything about it because they basically have people on 24/7 capping things even when we aren’t on just because people decided to bandwagon and take advantage of a free transfer that shouldn’t have happened so soon before a tournament and in such huge numbers.

And I know I’m not the only one who feels this way, both in my server and in other servers…

This. Can’t put with this numbers wars anymore.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

This. Can’t put with this numbers wars anymore.

Seasons don’t last forever. If HoD are as bad as described, they will just get destroyed by the T2 servers and crumble again.

Hell, the other bandwagon servers that broke at T2 had a bunch of WvW guilds rather than free transfer PvEs to stack them and it didn’t matter in the end.