Trapper Runes - Eternal Stealth.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

A while ago Anet changed the thief a bit so they couldnt have access to the ridicilous perma stealth. Then they revamped the trapper runes so they wont reveal anymore when enemies trigger the traps. Do you guys at Anet’s office ever took thief trap in account when making this change? Apparantly not because the stealth now is even more ridicilous then it was ever before.

You can consider this post as a rant one and i am not asking for a thief nerf, but a revert/removal of these trapper runes. Why arent they allowed in Spvp? Cause it would make players going /sigh there? Why are they allowed in WvW then.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

lol, we had a trapper thief top of SM last night for a loonnng time.

Four of us were getting downed by the poisons and he would remain invisible the entire time.

Then I put a stealth trap down, and patiently waited for his thief-ego to try to gank me.

He died fast.

Poor guy.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Offair.2563

Well thats my problem with it, people need to spend 15 badges plus some silver plus having supply plus hoping the thief will trigger it so he/she finally shows up during the fight. No other class mechanic requires all the stuff thats needed like this.

Edit: I am not bashing the thief class but just the combo of traps – condis – these runes and Anets way of “balance”.

Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

i am not asking for a thief nerf,

Babou knows me – and that I would cry for hours in chat.

Anyway, yes that build is really annoying and it can kill. If you’re encountering a ghost thief somewhere unimportant, run away, if it’s in a camp/tower, use a stealth trap.

Here’s the problem: Thief traps/condis not triggering reveal was introduced because thieves can have caltrops on dodge which revealed them, so that was changed and it is important that the caltrops don’t reveal them still (dodging in SR is basically a must). I never played with traps, so I have no idea how important maintaining stealth is, but I guess it is for at least a thief. You can put down a trap for enemy x and he’s defeated without having triggered the trap, then enemy y comes along, you stealth but he triggers your trap. In the end this is what will happen with all the reveal skills/traits – thieves are being shut down, a thief without stealth is a dead thief (unless it’s a S/D thief and maybe Staff thief in HoT) – I defeated the same ghost thief 3 times today, 2 times with stealth traps once because he was being stupid.
Best way to solve this very problem is to add an ICD or something to the rune so chain stealthing isn’t possible anymore.

But since I’m a huge thief advocate: It is pretty sad if the only really “viable” build is this as it has been in game for quite a bit but just now became popular.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Well thats my problem with it, people need to spend 15 badges plus some silver plus having supply plus hoping the thief will trigger it so he/she finally shows up during the fight. No other class mechanic requires all the stuff thats needed like this.

Edit: I am not bashing the thief class but just the combo of traps – condis – these runes and Anets way of “balance”.

Oh it was driving me crazy too. Was jaw-dropped over one guy managing to down all four of us (not all at the same time, one would rez the downed, etc) … it’s the perfect troll build.

But until I learn how to counter it more effectively on my class, guess I’m reliant on thief-gank mentality and stealth traps. New puzzle to figure out. Annoying one though.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Always have Stealth Disruptor Traps on you.

We’ve been against Ehmery Bay for a few weeks now and they’ve always had a high Thief population. Now however you wouldn’t know they were even there because 80% of them are trapper builds and roll in packs of 2 – 6.

I want to refrain from calling it OP because it’s very easy to CC or condition nuke. It’s a lot easier said than done however when they can remain in stealth almost literally as long as they want to.

When a Ranger is using a trapper build you’ll know where their traps have been placed because you’ll see them drop the trap before they vanish. It makes it easier to avoid the traps. With Thieves however they can pre-stealth and drop the traps right on top of you, which most times they do, making it a lot more difficult to avoid.

The best thing I can suggest for anyone having trouble with these guys is to either find the nearest safe zone (be it tower, keep camp or what have you) and get away from them or kite them in to a Stealth Trap. Otherwise there is almost zero counterplay to this build so it’s no longer about watching for tells and outplaying your opponent but more about out smarting them…

It’s not always the best player that wins, sometimes it’s the smartest (:

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Troll the troll and get a stealth trap.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Oh you mean like this?

lmao

As for stealth traps… I think it’s ridiculous you need something like that to kill a solo player. that siege is intended to be used vs enemy zergs and such. Speaks volumes about the balance imo.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

(edited by vespers.1759)

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Oh you mean like this?

lmao

Yeah, lol, that was four of us last night top of SM. First time I went down I was so stunned at how quickly and how my cleanses seemed to not work at all, lol. Thankfully he could only do one at a time, so we just kept rezzing and trying to counter.

Then finally got tired of the trolling and dropped a stealth trap.

After that he died quickly.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

lol, we had a trapper thief top of SM last night for a loonnng time.

Four of us were getting downed by the poisons and he would remain invisible the entire time.

Then I put a stealth trap down, and patiently waited for his thief-ego to try to gank me.

He died fast.

Poor guy.

That you need to buy and use stealth traps or be powerless is a good indicator of a problem though. This play style is no fun at all save for trolls.

in WvW

Offair.2563

Yeah always run with and use stealth traps. Pop one down incase a thief running trapper runes will come at ya. Seriously though I started this topic to ask for a logical explanation why Anet allows this as they have tried to get rid of the perma stealth build. Now it is back and even in a worse state.

I know how to counter them but I am still clueless why they leave this garbage in wvw and why dont they have them in Spvp.

in WvW

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

Trapper thieves (and perplexity condi mesmers) lack reasonable counterplay possibilities.

I had to incorporate Lock On into my build just to be able to deal with these stealth abusers (i dont need reveal for all the other stealth builds).
Not all classes/builds have the luxury of having reveals and I fully understand their well warranted frustration. Trapper thieves have to be dealt with.

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

About a month ago I faced a guy running this in WvW(Something close to this at least). It`s ridiculous and very OP. There are no counter to that. I just avoided him after. I think everyone on my server passed the word to simply avoid him. I had a chat with him and he told me it was getting boring.

This has to be nerfed or changed TBH.

Heiann – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Thief can still perma stealth FYI, they just leave little red rings where they’re chaining it that’s all.

Mesmer can’t even come close to the stealth levels of a thief even investing in 2 specific trait lines for major traits, all their utilities and a specific weapon off hand so please don’t draw comparisons with that garbage.

As for the trapper runes and stealth, I dunno I think they just need to add damage to all traps but needle trap for thief. Caltrops is a trick so they don’t need to do anything to that either and the runes themselves are fine with DH and Ranger from what I see.

Thing is the majority of the thieves stealth (watch MeepeY’s stream) actually comes from HS through BP combo with the traps as a top up when combined with hide in shadows and trappers respite.

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Looks like a build that is solely irritating to play against and brings nothing positive to the game. Another case where people will probably blame the game mechanic (in this case Stealth, which I’m not a fan of either), but in actuality it’s the rune’s fault.

If they re-designed Stealth it might not be a big deal, but I’m sure since these are one-off roaming WvW instances where it is mostly negative, it won’t be addressed.

WvW Roaming: the perpetual casualty of quirky balance decisions.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in WvW

Offair.2563

@ Arphama Yep they can still perma stealth but will be revealed upon doing damage. Something that does not happen when they run trapper runes and putting conditions on you out of nowhere, THAT is the problem.

in WvW

apharma.3741

@ Arphama Yep they can still perma stealth but will be revealed upon doing damage. Something that does not happen when they run trapper runes and putting conditions on you out of nowhere, THAT is the problem.

Yeah which is why I said they just need to add damage to the thief traps except needle trap, problem solved. Could even add it to needle trap if you want, won’t make much of a difference.

in WvW

Jana.6831

Yeah which is why I said they just need to add damage to the thief traps except needle trap, problem solved. Could even add it to needle trap if you want, won’t make much of a difference.

Just explained why that would be bad for every thief.
Perma stealth wouldn’t work with a prolonged cooldown as the initative would run out or the thief would have to replace one of his traps with SR which is a gigantic red circle you can throw your AoE on and he probably wouldn’t do that much damage anymore.

in WvW

Offair.2563

There is an easier solution, just revert them back to what they were, reveal on trigger.

in WvW

apharma.3741

There is an easier solution, just revert them back to what they were, reveal on trigger.

That will work too, either way you just need them to reveal the thief for a time when they go on the offence with the traps.

@Jana, you’re suggesting nerfing the runes because one and only one class can abuse the stealth aspect. Especially when it’s the class, thief in this case, that is the odd one out with traps that don’t reveal it when triggered.

Btw this isn’t anti thief, if it was any other class with traps that didn’t reveal them too then my answer would be the same. Let’s just hope Mesmer doesn’t get traps sometime…

in WvW

Offair.2563

That will work too, either way you just need them to reveal the thief for a time when they go on the offence with the traps.

@Jana, you’re suggesting nerfing the runes because one and only one class can abuse the stealth aspect. Especially when it’s the class, thief in this case, that is the odd one out with traps that don’t reveal it when triggered.

Btw this isn’t anti thief, if it was any other class with traps that didn’t reveal them too then my answer would be the same. Let’s just hope Mesmer doesn’t get traps sometime…

Just wait for HoT and dragonhunter guardians with traps. Already know some people who going to try them.

in WvW

Jana.6831

Rangers won’t be revealed immediately as well.
I hope anet will come up with a smart solution and not just with “Aaah, thieves can take another one for the team”.
I don’t really care about mesmers tbh – they have been my favourite class to fight, not because I was winning all the time but because it was challenging and interesting. I have never been afraid of mesmers, sorry ;)

in WvW

apharma.3741

Just wait for HoT and dragonhunter guardians with traps. Already know some people who going to try them.

Yeah I know a few that plan to run them too but they do damage when triggered so the stealth is going to be of limited use to them. They’re just going to be like trapper rangers but instead of large condition damage you get direct damage.

Did you know you can block all but one of a guardians traps unlike rangers and thieves, the more you know…

@Jana, not worried about mesmers either, more worried about the QQ and random nerfs mesmers will get if they ever had traps and paired with this rune =P

in WvW

Jana.6831

@Jana, not worried about mesmers either, more worried about the QQ and random nerfs mesmers will get if they ever had traps and paired with this rune =P

See, now you get what I (and others) are coming from – and that’s the reason why I think anet should really get a solid balance team – maybe even class pros who do nothing else than sitting in their cubicle playing their designated class in pvp, pve, wvw the whole day.
The community should not have this much influence on balance choices. At best they should have no influence at all.
And yeah, I wouldn’t mind paying for that.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

thieves can have caltrops on dodge which revealed them, so that was changed and it is important that the caltrops don’t reveal them still (dodging in SR is basically a must).

WTH? Theives get a pass but Engineer’s bomb on dodge still reveals them?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

thieves can have caltrops on dodge which revealed them, so that was changed and it is important that the caltrops don’t reveal them still (dodging in SR is basically a must).

Thieves QQ louder.

in WvW

Jana.6831

Since engineers aren’t build around stealth it is fair, I think – you can however make a thread and demand that engineers won’t be revealed upon dodging and leaving a bomb – I don’t care =)

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

If thieves QQ’d louder we wouldn’t be in the state that made this spec possible, people complained about stealth so Anet made thieves have a non stealth defense with Acrobatics, guess what people QQ’d that got gutted, and that spec relied on active play not passive damage mitigation to be good, unlike most other classes.

Point behind this, people in this game QQ when they get downed for not learning how to counter/ play a class that they claim to be overpowered, if trapper was so OP why do thieves not use it in Pvp or Pve? Because it’s not OP, it’s an annoyance. I main a S/D thief (since launch) I find stealth reliant thieves annoying but I learned how to kill them, it’s not hard, I told a guildy to stand in his small red circle, guess what he had a dead thief 3 secs later.

Now if you want to see an end to silly builds like “Ghost Thieves” don’t QQ when Thieves get a viable defense, I see more Classes go to the Thief forums and cry Nerf like no other, yet never see Thief players do nearly as much on other forums, so be pro active and instead yell nerf ask Anet to spread Thief Survivability to other traits and mechanics that don’t rely on stealth.

in WvW

Offair.2563

If thieves QQ’d louder we wouldn’t be in the state that made this spec possible, people complained about stealth so Anet made thieves have a non stealth defense with Acrobatics, guess what people QQ’d that got gutted, and that spec relied on active play not passive damage mitigation to be good, unlike most other classes.

Point behind this, people in this game QQ when they get downed for not learning how to counter/ play a class that they claim to be overpowered, if trapper was so OP why do thieves not use it in Pvp or Pve? Because it’s not OP, it’s an annoyance. I main a S/D thief (since launch) I find stealth reliant thieves annoying but I learned how to kill them, it’s not hard, I told a guildy to stand in his small red circle, guess what he had a dead thief 3 secs later.

Now if you want to see an end to silly builds like “Ghost Thieves” don’t QQ when Thieves get a viable defense, I see more Classes go to the Thief forums and cry Nerf like no other, yet never see Thief players do nearly as much on other forums, so be pro active and instead yell nerf ask Anet to spread Thief Survivability to other traits and mechanics that don’t rely on stealth.

It is not about class mechanics, but a rune that makes them completely invisible during the whole fight. Try to use trapper runes in spvp…oh wait a minute you cant and if you could they would have been revamped to get rid of this cheese right away.

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

You QQ louder than Engi’s, fortunately the rest of the community QQ’s louder than thieves to keep you guys/gals in line with reality. If thieves are so broken why do they seem to do just fine in PvP and WvW roaming ? In fact you’re hard pressed to find a roaming or PvP party without at least one thief.

in WvW

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

It is not about class mechanics, but a rune that makes them completely invisible during the whole fight. Try to use trapper runes in spvp…oh wait a minute you cant and if you could they would have been revamped to get rid of this cheese right away.

Trapper rune would be useless in PvP, at least for thief, because it is all about capping points, which you can’t while sitting in stealth and because lots of aoe cleanse would make those condis useless.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

While I think Trapper condi builds are underwhelming, condition damage should proc reveal. I would also add D/P in thief as well as the torch in mesmer need adjustment. Very few like to fight highly mobile classes that can spam stealth.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Offair.2563

Trapper rune would be useless in PvP, at least for thief, because it is all about capping points, which you can’t while sitting in stealth and because lots of aoe cleanse would make those condis useless.

It would annoy them fighting something that does not show up for a single or half second during a fight yet unload conditions on you like crazy, thats my point. “fighting” and killing and staying stealthed.

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

Really let’s see the only roles thieves have in Pvp are +1 (essentially a ranger pet), and Decap empty points. Hmm just because a class is in Meta doesn’t mean it’s OP. Since thieves die to any = skilled player on a different class.
Roaming in Wvw any class can roam in Wvw, you see thieves tack on as a +1 since they can immobile with their great mobility, but they need the party to kill the opponent.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Since engineers aren’t build around stealth it is fair, I think – you can however make a thread and demand that engineers won’t be revealed upon dodging and leaving a bomb – I don’t care =)

It’s already been qq’d about multiple times. No it doesn’t have to do with “being built around stealth” either. Your statement begs the question just what do you think engineer is “built around”? Engineer has rather good access to stealth through skills, traits, and fields and even the elite on the new Scrapper specialization. Of course no other class with stealth is on par with thief access to stealth, which is why it would be more fair for thief to be revealed due to damage on dodge. Thief can re-stealth easier.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

While I think Trapper condi builds are underwhelming, condition damage should proc reveal. I would also add D/P in thief as well as the torch in mesmer need adjustment. Very few like to fight highly mobile classes that can spam stealth.

This is close to a good idea. The reason I say this is because you sometimes can’t control when you put conditions on enemy players (with projectiles or whirl finisher) and if you start up an ability and an ally drops a fire field or something you unintentionally put conditions on the foe making going into stealth and using it basically impossible. Instead I suggest that on condition application that they get revealed. This doesn’t break steal for a lot of situations where conditions where ‘legitimately’ put on to an enemy but would not allow for an enemy to ‘attack’ from steal and remain in stealth. Also they can just do what rangers traps have, a small amount of damage on the trap on trigger that will break stealth.

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

in WvW

UmbraNoctis.1907

It would annoy them fighting something that does not show up for a single or half second during a fight yet unload conditions on you like crazy, thats my point. “fighting” and killing and staying stealthed.

It would be still useless outside of some hotjoin trolling. So making the rune accessible in PvP would not require a nerf. Even if it is annoying.

Roaming in Wvw any class can roam in Wvw, you see thieves tack on as a +1 since they can immobile with their great mobility, but they need the party to kill the opponent.

Thieves are still the most annoying gankers imo. Sadly i can’t be angry with them, because it is pretty much the only thing left where they are good at. Outside from running away.

in WvW

Offair.2563

Really let’s see the only roles thieves have in Pvp are +1 (essentially a ranger pet), and Decap empty points. Hmm just because a class is in Meta doesn’t mean it’s OP. Since thieves die to any = skilled player on a different class.

You seem to miss the point of this thread. It is not about class vs class, but about a rune that completely makes a certain class 100% invisible during fights and still able to kill. It is almost par on players hacking under map.

in WvW

Posted by: meepeY.2867

meepeY.2867

You see, the big problem with Ghost Thief is that it’s got a lot of counters that you don’t really understand unless you’re the Ghost Thief.

First of all, I will say that Ghost Thief is pretty powerful, borderline overpowered.
Secondly, I’m partially to blame for it being more popular than it would’ve been – Sorry about that.

So the counters.

First and foremost, Disrupter Trap aka Reveal Trap is the biggest counter. Drop one on yourself and wait. A smart Ghost Thief however will use Shadow Trap, pop the Disrupter and then port away.

Second, Chill. Chill gets me killed the most I’d say. More than people walking into my Blackpowder (That’s #3). Chill stops me from running away to stealth up with 2/5 on D/P. Chill stops my Steal and Traps coming up sooner which will cause me to reveal, usually for longer than I’d like.

Third, Pressuring my Blackpowder. Wait for it to go down, stand on top of it. I can no longer stack steath at risk of tagging you with Heartseeker. Also, spam AOE on this area and you’ll hit me 100% of the time. Necro staff 3&5 kitten you so hard in this regard.

Fourth, Reveal skills. Sick’em, Analyse, and the other ones which names I forget. A bit niche but still work wonders against me if I accidentally reveal myself. I will reveal sometimes if things a close or if I’ve been chilled, ect.

But it goes without saying that if you come under attack from a Ghost Thief, clean the immobilize and teleport away as fast as possible. Ghost Thief has no chase potential other than Steal and Super Speed.

Plus, if you’re running a build with no condition cleanse then you deserve to die to a Ghost Thief.

The obvious fix to Ghost Thief is to give Thief Traps a base damage. Something decent so that they can work with Power, like a 5/600 base damage or so.

https://www.twitch.tv/meepeYPlays
WvW Thief Aurora Glade – Mutli Bulid Streamer – 1PM – 4PM GMT, Mon – Fri
My Daredevil Build: The Defender!

in WvW

Jana.6831

It’s already been qq’d about multiple times. No it doesn’t have to do with “being built around stealth” either. Your statement begs the question just what do you think engineer is “built around”?

Read a bit about thief traits – most of it is tied to stealth – take that away and thief has got no access to condi cleanse, regeneration, damage migation and so on.
Engi might have access to stealth but the class can well live without it, just like rangers and mesmers.

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

I get its not class vs class, and yes this is an annoying rune when paired with Thieves, but it’s not OP in any sense, to get rid of it being used so much they would have to provide other options or change the runes themselves, as stated earlier, the Devs removed the direct damage on traps well after trapper runes were released.

And as Jana said all the other classes with traps besides Thieves are built around stealth, Rangers and Engineers have access to stealth but they gain no benefit besides not being seen, unlike thieves where they have a whole trait line dependent upon stealth and gaining different attacks for being stealthed, so yes a rune which enables stealth on a class built around stealth will have fantastic synergy.

(edited by BlaqueFyre.5678)

in WvW

UmbraNoctis.1907

First and foremost, Disrupter Trap aka Reveal Trap is the biggest counter. Drop one on yourself and wait. A smart Ghost Thief however will use Shadow Trap, pop the Disrupter and then port away.

I have actually tried to use this trap against you once, but you never stepped into it. Instead an other thief, who got ganked by multiple players triggered it and died.
What do we learn? Don’t play perma stealth trapper, it gets “innocent” thieves killed :p

in WvW

Chaba.5410

It’s already been qq’d about multiple times. No it doesn’t have to do with “being built around stealth” either. Your statement begs the question just what do you think engineer is “built around”?

Read a bit about thief traits – most of it is tied to stealth – take that away and thief has got no access to condi cleanse, regeneration, damage migation and so on.
Engi might have access to stealth but the class can well live without it, just like rangers and mesmers.

Not entirely true. If you make your build completely reliant on Shadow Arts, that’s your weakness. And you didn’t address my statement regarding thief having the best access to stealth.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

Not entirely true. If you make your build completely reliant on Shadow Arts, that’s your weakness. And you didn’t address my statement regarding thief having the best access to stealth.

So you are saying to completely ignore a whole trait line that is so let dependent on stealth.

Thieves have mechanics based solely on stealth, while Rangers and Engineers have access but not have it as a class mechanic that relies upon it, those two classes do not have any traits or skills that solely rely on entering stealth. While thieves need stealth for stronger weapon attacks, increased speed, regen, conditions cleanse, and so on.

It is a class mechanic for thieves, while it is not a class mechanic for other classes, now if they had whole trait lines dedicated to stealth then yeah they should have more access to it but they do not.

in WvW

Posted by: meepeY.2867

meepeY.2867

I have actually tried to use this trap against you once, but you never stepped into it. Instead an other thief, who got ganked by multiple players triggered it and died.
What do we learn? Don’t play perma stealth trapper, it gets “innocent” thieves killed :p

I think I remember seeing that happen. To be fair, it’s really obvious when you put it down ^^, I probably saw the box in your hand.

https://www.twitch.tv/meepeYPlays
WvW Thief Aurora Glade – Mutli Bulid Streamer – 1PM – 4PM GMT, Mon – Fri
My Daredevil Build: The Defender!

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I think I remember seeing that happen. To be fair, it’s really obvious when you put it down ^^, I probably saw the box in your hand.

And this is why I run a distance away before I lay the trap …. and then patiently wait, lol.

P.S. Very nice advice on how to counter!

in WvW

Offair.2563

@Meepey Stealth Trap is not an answer to this problem. Unless you sit somewhere on it waiting for perhaps a trapper teef to show up. I run lots of condi clears in this build. The problem is the perma stealth throwing conditions all over, think we both know its easier to apply then to cleanse.

Again im not bashing the thief but the abuse of the rune, thats the problem , not the class it self.

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

@Meepey Stealth Trap is not an answer to this problem. Unless you sit somewhere on it waiting for perhaps a trapper teef to show up. I run lots of condi clears in this build. The problem is the perma stealth throwing conditions all over, think we both know its easier to apply then to cleanse.

Again im not bashing the thief but the abuse of the rune, thats the problem , not the class it self.

There are other counters to this play one of the biggest outside of Stealth disruptor, is standing in the small red aoe with smoke the Thief uses to keep stacking stealth. This will apply revealed, and if that’s too hard to do then idk what say I have never had issues against this style of player.

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

The counters to the build sound like the absolute least fun I could have in a fight in Guild Wars 2. It’s so terribly designed that I’m amazed people such as BlaqueFyre are defending it. At least in meepeY’s case, it’s more informational “how to counter” than any real defense of the mechanics.

Even if it is a case where catching the Ghost Thief in their Black Powder is a surefire way to kill them, that’s still terrible, unfulfilling design. It reminds me of when Thieves could CnD off of walls in towers/keeps to basically be stealthed indefinitely. Sure, you could catch them eventually, but it was incredibly dumb and boring for probably everyone except the Thief.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in WvW

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

A while ago Anet changed the thief a bit so they couldnt have access to the ridicilous perma stealth. Then they revamped the trapper runes so they wont reveal anymore when enemies trigger the traps. Do you guys at Anet’s office ever took thief trap in account when making this change? Apparantly not because the stealth now is even more ridicilous then it was ever before.

You can consider this post as a rant one and i am not asking for a thief nerf, but a revert/removal of these trapper runes. Why arent they allowed in Spvp? Cause it would make players going /sigh there? Why are they allowed in WvW then.

WvW is the live beta test area for PvP that never gets cleaned up.

We get stuck with Dire, Perplexity, etc, and when they fail and are deemed too strong for sPvP no one comes back around and says “maybe we should take that crap out of WvW”.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds