Trapper thief is a joke

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Yea it is a joke and yea it is a kittenty build to kill but cmon that’s not the point. The point is ….. being INVISIBLE THE ENTIRE FIGHT WHILE DISHING OUT DAMAGE.

No class/build should ever be allowed to do that.

Sorry to break it to you man, but both you and OP seem to be overfrustrated.

1) thief is supposed to be deadly. It’s an assassin. I died many times to them, yer, but what I’m more concerned about is their teleport, not their condi/fast kills.
2) OP, sorry to say but you don’t know how to counter a thief. I play one, I play against all sorts of characters, even condi thieves, I simply know what to do to survive and you obviously do not.

Both of you and everyone else complaining about something that is in absolute order – learn from your mistakes. It is very possible to survive a thief that drops condis on you. An Engi can do it with area reveal. A ranger has Sick’Em. Ele’s, Guards and others have condi cleanse.

What is your problem again?

My problem is people like you not getting the point. No class should be able to do damage while staying in stealth, is that SO hard to understand?? I know how to counter em and will remain doing that, thats not the problem.

Lets go back to people hacking under maps killing you while being invisible, maybe you get the point then.

So an Engie can’t stack burns then use stealth Gyro then, or a mes can’t shatter bomb and abuse stealth while waiting on CD…

Other classes can do what you’re asking thief not to do. Other classes can do it better too.

If you know how to counter them, you wouldn’t be roid raging on the forum about it.

“So an Engie can’t stack burns THEN use stealth Gyro” -

You already said it yourself, to stack the burns he has to be visible THEN use a stealth gyro. Unlike ghost teef who can STAY in stealth while throwing out condition damage.

Edit: Read up on what Chorazin said. And do some comprehensive reading please.

You said specifically “No class should be able to do damage while staying in stealth, is that SO hard to understand??”

Stacking burns in under a second, say 13 stacks then using stealth gyro and sitting in stealth while watching your enemy burn at 4k a tick until they die is exactly what you’re saying shouldn’t happen.

You’re complaining that a thief put a needle trap on you say 10 times just to get you down, that was a good 4 or more minutes that you must have been trying to fight the person, spamming auto attack on 5 stacks of confusion.

People have offered very simple and basic counters that a 10 year old could follow and achieve but apparently it’s still too hard.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Still one of the most annoying builds ever and just pure cancer to roaming. The traps and immob can actually kill you outright if you can’t stun break and clear the immob in time.

Really is no wonder so many switch to cheesy warrior and druid builds. They can pretty much ignore these and other condi thieves/mes which seem to be absolutely everywhere now.

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

Posted by: Neftex.7594

Neftex.7594

People have offered very simple and basic counters that a 10 year old could follow and achieve but apparently it’s still too hard.

im sorry whats the counter again?
running away is a counter? (not to mention it wont work in many cases)
cleaning condis and not being able to hit him is a counter?
revealing him and then what? you can watch him run away and wait it out, some wont even care as they got 3k armor and 20k hp

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Anyone in stealth can be hit.

The build in question uses d\p with smoke field to get stealth. Smoke field is visible.

As to the fact that a trapper thief can run away big deal. Any thief can run away.

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

It’s annoying but not game breaking. It’s more of a troll build then anything, stun break the trip wire then cleanse the rest. This build is no real threat but just an annoyance at best.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

They just drop the traps on your feet while in stealth.
Good players playing this build,don’t stay out of stealth but only for a few seconds.
Once you’ve used all your cleanses you are dead.

Damaging a player should reveal them.
It’s not enough that they combined the most op iteration of stealth and a ton of evades in the same class,now we got this traps not removing stealth on damage application.

If this is not unbalanced,I don’t know what is.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

(edited by Aenaos.8160)

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

Posted by: BeepBoopBap.2840

BeepBoopBap.2840

I seriously doubt that the people that die to this build can be trusted to walk around irl without being covered in bubble wrap. It takes a special kind of stupid.

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Yea it is a joke and yea it is a kittenty build to kill but cmon that’s not the point. The point is ….. being INVISIBLE THE ENTIRE FIGHT WHILE DISHING OUT DAMAGE.

1) thief is supposed to be deadly. It’s an assassin. I died many times to them, yer, but what I’m more concerned about is their teleport, not their condi/fast kills.
2) OP, sorry to say but you don’t know how to counter a thief. I play one, I play against all sorts of characters, even condi thieves, I simply know what to do to survive and you obviously do not.

Both of you and everyone else complaining about something that is in absolute order – learn from your mistakes. It is very possible to survive a thief that drops condis on you. An Engi can do it with area reveal. A ranger has Sick’Em. Ele’s, Guards and others have condi cleanse.

My problem is people like you not getting the point. No class should be able to do damage while staying in stealth, is that SO hard to understand?? I know how to counter em and will remain doing that, thats not the problem.

Lets go back to people hacking under maps killing you while being invisible, maybe you get the point then.

So an Engie can’t stack burns then use stealth Gyro then, or a mes can’t shatter bomb and abuse stealth while waiting on CD…

Other classes can do what you’re asking thief not to do. Other classes can do it better too.

If you know how to counter them, you wouldn’t be roid raging on the forum about it.

You already said it yourself, to stack the burns he has to be visible THEN use a stealth gyro. Unlike ghost teef who can STAY in stealth while throwing out condition damage.

You said specifically “No class should be able to do damage while staying in stealth, is that SO hard to understand??”

Stacking burns in under a second, say 13 stacks then using stealth gyro and sitting in stealth while watching your enemy burn at 4k a tick until they die is exactly what you’re saying shouldn’t happen.

You’re complaining that a thief put a needle trap on you say 10 times just to get you down, that was a good 4 or more minutes that you must have been trying to fight the person, spamming auto attack on 5 stacks of confusion.

Try stacking said burns on engi while BEING stealthed. You still dont read. Nevermind.

I feel stupid now thinking people on forums do comprehensive reading.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

I seriously doubt that the people that die to this build can be trusted to walk around irl without being covered in bubble wrap. It takes a special kind of stupid.

This depends a lot on your build and the state of your cooldowns. Troll builds like to show up in troll moments. Also fun having 2 or 3 of these about at the same time.

At the very least, applying condis should reveal you. Just like applying power dmg.

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

BeepBoopBap.2840

This depends a lot on your build and the state of your cooldowns. Troll builds like to show up in troll moments. Also fun having 2 or 3 of these about at the same time.

At the very least, applying condis should reveal you. Just like applying power dmg.

I have never died to these as a shiro glint invocation revenant, which is what I normally roam on and is known to have the worst condi clear in the game.

2-3 power thieves focusing one target is far far far more of a threat than this joke build will ever be. Trapper thief is the definition of minor inconvenience.

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

I use this build occasionally to prevent/harass groups of players running back to the fight from spawn over and over and over again while we’re trying to make pushes for something….
and guess what?
it stops them
it’s a scouting/harassing build
just like any other build
they can also stop me, by trying to counter me, or ignore me entirely
just like ANY OTHER BUILD IN THE GAME

you know what else people whined about for ruining their “roaming experience”?
d/p thief
should thief just be banned from wvw period for having burst potential and escape mechanics?

the build is fine… you cleanse to stop it… if you don’t have cleanse, then it’s your own fault for being in wvw without cleanse…
it’s also super easily countered by stealth reveal or stealth traps
why is this even being discussed

it HAS COUNTERS
like any other build

calling it OP and crying for a nerf just because you need a counter to stop it (one of which simply being a cleanse that every class has) is pathetic

someone linked a video where some revenant stopped the thief by finally landing his reveal on them then tried to taunt the player
is that also necessary to run a counter to something, and then be a poor sport about it?
that person being a toxic player is worse than the thief playing the build who isn’t boasting for killing people

it’s a build that’s in the game
just like any other game has builds/classes/ways to play that are considered “cheesey”

just like 55 Monk was in Guild Wars where people would vamp their health down and still try to be a poor sport by taunting/boasting how much better they are than them

you can’t stop a warrior’s banner from giving buffs
should we nerf that? it has no counter
should we nerf everything that requires a counter to stop?

(edited by Alpha.1308)

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

BeepBoopBap.2840

I have never died to these as a shiro glint invocation revenant, which is what I normally roam on and is known to have the worst condi clear in the game.

2-3 power thieves focusing one target is far far far more of a threat than this joke build will ever be. Trapper thief is the definition of minor inconvenience.

congratulations, you managed to survive in pvp, are you expecting any special reward for insulting players when they can’t do what you can do on the internet?

honestly, you trying to put people down who die to this build is worse than the thieves that run this build….

Are you wrapped in bubble wrap? Someone better help you out with that

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

ahahaha
I tried to delete it because I read the rest of your posts and figured you were a tryhard
too bad I was late to the party since you’re already bootyhurt and had to defend yourself with, yet again, insulting people to make yourself feel better about yourself

(edited by Alpha.1308)

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

BeepBoopBap.2840

ahahaha
I tried to delete it because I read the rest of your posts and figured you were a tryhard
too bad I was late to the party since you’re already kitten and had to defend yourself with, yet again, insulting people to make yourself feel better about yourself

I don’t have to feel better about myself, I don’t die to bad builds

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

Posted by: euroz.7190

euroz.7190

ahahaha
too bad I was late to the party since you’re already bootyhurt and had to defend yourself with, yet again, insulting people to make yourself feel better about yourself

Hes not insulting you to feel better, he actually is better than you. Simple truth is, if you die to a trapper thief you really are bad, stop whining and trying to make excuses and just get better. Typical crybabies rather cry than improve themselves.

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

Posted by: Trueshots.9456

Trueshots.9456

This is a horrible op build that is infecting WvW like the tasteless and unskillful players that use it. It is a crutch for the unskilled to compete………

does anyone have a build link? for purposes of condemning it of course……

~Poison Caltrop~
I apologize, If you didn’t outnumber me, it wasn’t a fair fight

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

It’s not the trapper thief that kills you- it’s the 2 other thiefs and engi (or mes) that generally run around with him, disappearing in and out of stealth and dodging everything you try and throw at them.

Trapper thief can generally be ignored, but when you hit the party 4v1 it can be annoying dying to everything you can’t see and then stomped from stealth.

Stealth is such a bad mechanic in this game. No speed restriction whilst in stealth is terrible design.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Says something is an exploit doesn’t understand the meaning of the word or that Anet want thief traps to function as they do….. Look up June 23 2015 patch notes they deliberately removed direct damage on thief traps so they do not cause revealed…….

I don’t think they were expecting such consequences though. Although they never do for WvW, and still aren’t (we’re never going to see WvW balance changes in mind ever again, with the split balance for sPvP/PvE that’s been mentioned as incoming).

Traps were adjusted because they weren’t usable on thief in sPvP since it camped stealth for the most part (back when SA gank was a thing), and thus countered a prime aspect of the class – stealth – which did things like prevent bacjstabs etc. OH pistol is still the culprit for enabling trapper permastealth, and trapper runes are just the icing.

Really, the thief traps should just get buffed, cause revealed when applying them (as is logical when setting a trap), and trapper runes deleted. Problems largely solved across the board. Luring an enemy then still can be impactful, and traps could have more use in sPvP with larger radii and the likes to get some +1 utility even if far away.

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

sephiroth.4217

Try stacking said burns on engi while BEING stealthed. You still dont read. Nevermind.

No, I read it fine, your English is somewhat lacking.

Now you’ve changed your statement to “stack while BEING in stealth”… No I can’t do that, I can stack off 13 burns in under a second then stealth and have the same effect.

I chase trapper thieves, all my builds have condition clears and people have offered advice to help but it’s easier to cry on the forums.

Here is one of my joke ranger pet builds in the pic, that can beat trapper thieves.

Attachments:

….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

Neftex.7594

Now you’ve changed your statement to “stack while BEING in stealth”… No I can’t do that, I can stack off 13 burns in under a second then stealth and have the same effect.

I chase trapper thieves, all my builds have condition clears and people have offered advice to help but it’s easier to cry on the forums.

Here is one of my joke ranger pet builds in the pic, that can beat trapper thieves.

im curious, how do you beat trapper thief with that ranger build?

also since were talking trapper thieves and perma stealth, it implies applying condis while stealthed through the whole fight so..

i messaged beepboop ingame few days ago to try to arrange some fights but hes probably NA since i havent seen him online during the times i played
(and just like the rest of people defending this build, probably never met decent player using it)

im not great but i feel i could beat most of the people claiming “it cant kill good player like me”

i think builds that can survive this, arent actual threat to it and well the rest of the builds die to it so yea fun stuff

(edited by Neftex.7594)

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I have never changed my statement. But whatever.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

Posted by: meltdown.5870

meltdown.5870

All this stealth dosn` t belong in WvW….. soon the entire map will be stealthed.
and please dont bring thieves in WvW they are basically useless ..except for hacking

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

sephiroth.4217

im curious, how do you beat trapper thief with that ranger build?

also since were talking trapper thieves and perma stealth, it implies applying condis while stealthed through the whole fight so..

i messaged beepboop ingame few days ago to try to arrange some fights but hes probably NA since i havent seen him online during the times i played
(and just like the rest of people defending this build, probably never met decent player using it)

im not great but i feel i could beat most of the people claiming “it cant kill good player like me”

i think builds that can survive this, arent actual threat to it and well the rest of the builds die to it so yea fun stuff

Honestly I think the thief was bad but who knows because I somehow manage to kill a few people with this build and it seems this thread has caused more trapper thieves to appear on the field who by default are not as good as those who have played the build longer.

Its bunker gear, stacked with passives and blacks and evasions… The pets do everything after I give them might stacks. If anyone else likes to have a laugh then feel free to have a look, have to be sylvari though

I don’t think it has anything to do with being a decent player (im horrible lol), but against a trapper thief it has everything to do with condi removal and making the right choices at the right times and learning from mistakes.

Like say if you play Mes, wait for the shadow refuge and use gs5 then burst for 2 seconds leaving the 3rd second for your dazes and stuns because that thief is most likely waiting for reveal to come off him and would be ready to spam another stealth skill.
Warriors have Stomp, Fear Me and Hammer 4.. (prob more I dont war much anymore)
Rev/Engie have reveals.
Ranger has sic em + tonnes of condi removal.
Necro has marks from staff
DH has longbow 5, traps

List could go on really… Can’t say much for power thief builds other than walk away, I’m still learning how to survive a moa attack on that class.

fighting in stealth you gotta keep in mind the thief is usually next to you aswell, he needs to be ontop of you to lay the trap on you, so if you just get hit by a needle trap, most likely it was his utility skill which is on the shortest trap CD there is, 24s. That gives you 24 seconds to wipe your conditions and kill his Ambush trap thief off which is most likely his main source of direct damage. (some run trap others run thieves guild, either way kill off the adds)…

Now the thief only has heal left and depending on how well he used his cooldowns he could have up to 15 seconds before being able to apply his “burst” again, he could disengage or he could hang around and pester, if he pesters use that time to damage him and reassert your position for him, this time you know he’s coming though and from your previous fight you should have learnt how the thief likes to move or at what times he prefers to use skills….

I’m not defending the build, I’ve offered the opposite and that’s how to counter it with the basics. A bit more detailed than “condi cleanse” and “walk away” now but I don’t mind.

….. And Elementalist.

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

Neftex.7594

you clearly have no insight, your ranger build with blocks is useless, traps are unblockable
sic em requires target afaik so that wont help you either
pets surely attack stealthed players, oh wait

trapper thief doesnt need shadow refuge so good luck with that

youve offered nothing and claimed to beat trapper thieves, which after reading your bs i dont trust at all

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

This still… good lord this class is an easy kill for some builds and easy to move past by any decent player.

Don’t bring a knife to a trap fight.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Trapper thief is a joke

in WvW

sephiroth.4217

you clearly have no insight, your ranger build with blocks is useless, traps are unblockable
sic em requires target afaik so that wont help you either
pets surely attack stealthed players, oh wait

trapper thief doesnt need shadow refuge so good luck with that

youve offered nothing and claimed to beat trapper thieves, which after reading your bs i dont trust at all

I did say it was a joke ranger build, and it’s about as useful in WvW as a trapper thief.

I’ve seen plenty use shadow refuge, just because you might not doesn’t mean that others don’t. I also offered more than just what to do IF shadow refuge was used.

Pet’s don’t attack stealthed players and I never said they did, what they do is proc all the traps or passively remove all the conditions just like a Minion Mancer would.

I offered basic advice to beat most trapper thieves or move past them safely, you indicated earlier you play a trapper thief so maybe that’s why you sound a little snarky now?

….. And Elementalist.