Traveling items can't be used in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Johnathan Ralston.5871

Johnathan Ralston.5871

The flying carpet was just released with heavy representation on guilds yet we can’t use them in WvW or EoTM?

How can they possibly harm those environments?

I don’t even play pve like I used to and I want to use such traveling items in wvw/eotm.

The second best option is to give me a refund on every single traveling item which would take away all of the fun that is supposed to be going on.

Return these items to wvw and eotm please.

in WvW

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Could it be because the particle effects would cause additional lag? Imagine 30 people with those things.

in WvW

Johnathan Ralston.5871

If people complained so much about particle effects lagging them then they need to get real.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Back when people were using the executioner’s axe for the move skills in WvW they just blanket disabled a bunch of the toys. Presumably the carpet falls under the same category of the stuff they turned off.

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

thats right another uniquely anet logic.

i am seriously starting to think someone is sabotaging the company from within with these ideas.

gives you guild symbol but you can’t use in wvw, awesome.

in WvW

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Could it be because the particle effects would cause additional lag? Imagine 30 people with those things.

Yet there are 20-30 minis and 10-20 Ranger pets in every zerg………yeah.

The reason they can’t be used is, at one time one of the costumes (I forget which) could be abused to give faster movement in WvW. At that time all costume type items were disabled from use in WvW.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in WvW

Johnathan Ralston.5871

Why not nerf that individual HALLOWEEN AXE SKILL

it sucked in costume brawl anyways

give us our Shiznit back

in WvW

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I seem to recall that people were using the sonic tunneler to hide under the landscape or to evade attacks by going underneath. So that’s 2 traveling devices that were causing problems in WvW.

ANet probably decided to nerf all these items in WvW since it’s impossible to guess ahead of time how someone can figure out an way to abuse the mechanics. Can you imagine the problems it would cause if enough people abused one if these items and it affected a tournament match and the rewards you get?

in WvW

Johnathan Ralston.5871

I seem to recall that people were using the sonic tunneler to hide under the landscape or to evade attacks by going underneath. So that’s 2 traveling devices that were causing problems in WvW.

ANet probably decided to nerf all these items in WvW since it’s impossible to guess ahead of time how someone can figure out an way to abuse the mechanics. Can you imagine the problems it would cause if enough people abused one if these items and it affected a tournament match and the rewards you get?

I don’t know if what you said was true or not but I highly doubt this happened.

in WvW

Astral Projections.7320

I remember a post or two about it but can’t find them now. But going under the map has the potential to make it harder to see you from a distance at any rate.

I could see someone or a group of people going underground and hiding their name plates behind a rock or other item. I don’t do WvW much but I’m sure someone could figure out a way to abuse an infinitely long version of a type of stealth.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

I seem to recall that people were using the sonic tunneler to hide under the landscape or to evade attacks by going underneath.

It’s true, it was also causing a lot of glitches with various gates.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Astral Projections.7320

The Quaggan tonics also had the possibility to be used in WvW to hide.

The point is, they can’t think of every way someone can use these items in WvW to get an advantage so they blocked them.

in WvW

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

The Quaggan tonics also had the possibility to be used in WvW to hide.

The point is, they can’t think of every way someone can use these items in WvW to get an advantage so they blocked them.

But they didn’t block Quaggan Tonics (or cat tonics, or jackalopes, etc).

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

The flying carpet was just released with heavy representation on guilds yet we can’t use them in WvW or EoTM?

How can they possibly harm those environments?

I don’t even play pve like I used to and I want to use such traveling items in wvw/eotm.

The second best option is to give me a refund on every single traveling item which would take away all of the fun that is supposed to be going on.

Return these items to wvw and eotm please.

This represents how I feel about this as well…

Cmon Anet reconsider….

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140