Trebbing from off the map

in WvW

Posted by: wey daw ming.5784

wey daw ming.5784

Can someone explain to me how Crystal Desert can treb NSP bay from off the map?

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

I can explain, they built a treb on the JP.
A lot of people underestimate the usage of the JP, some have never known there was such thing as a JP on those maps.

in WvW

wey daw ming.5784

Except its not at the jump puzzle. and you can not drop siege anymore at teh jump puzzle.. Next explanation..

in WvW

Posted by: Wraith.7529

Wraith.7529

Another screen shot of NSP Bay being trebbed from off the map. You run into hackers here and there in WvW but this is unreal. Zoom hacks, players with no cool downs on skills, stealth when its not possible to do so, giant leaps the list goes on with . I have never seen so much hacking in 2 yrs playing WvW as I have this week.

Attachments:

(edited by Wraith.7529)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I’m curious to know how you can be so sure it’s a CD player if we can’t even see where the treb is. It can be someone from DR too, no?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Mewdos.2580

Mewdos.2580

I’m curious to know how you can be so sure it’s a CD player if we can’t even see where the treb is. It can be someone from DR too, no?

Before this derails into meaningless discussion of whether or not it’s CD or DR, let me rephrase the question:

Can anyone explain how someone is trebbing NSP’s bay from outside the map?

(edited by Mewdos.2580)

in WvW

Wraith.7529

I’m curious to know how you can be so sure it’s a XXX player if we can’t even see where the treb is. It can be someone from XXX too, no?

We have played one of these server (1) back to back two weeks now with only honest game play observed . Several NSPers have encountered hackers on the other server(2) all match-up. Also server 1 attacked our bay(T3) south outer and inner with a 20 ish man zerg on the gates with rams, while the inner walls on north were completely gone. They were unaware of those walls being down and we held bay. Not one of them came in via the holes in those walls from that treb. I can’t say it with 100% its mbr om server (2) but considering the encounters this week with players on server (2) I can only assume its them. Another NSP player seen the guy on the treb when he jump down to he ground (took no HP damage) and said he was from server (2) but I cannot confirm it. But as another poster said its not about the server its about ANET addressing these hacks. I never post here but this week against server (2) its been over the top something needs to be done. These players on server (2) are casting a dark shadow on their server and their server leaders need to beware of it. Its a game to play for fun why is there a need to cheat(hack) just why lol.

(edited by Wraith.7529)

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

no comments on how wide the op’s screen shot is?

in WvW

Posted by: Cedeqien.8293

Cedeqien.8293

Here’s a screenshot where you can actually see the location of the treb from really far away.

Attachments:

in WvW

wey daw ming.5784

I run 3 monitor at 3400 × 1024 resolution is that a problem?

in WvW

Mewdos.2580

Any explanations on this?

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

thats how so called “zoom hacks” happen, by contorting your FoV into something like 10k x 100 pixels so you can look over walls

hacks? no. exploitative? yes.

not calling you dirty. just sayin. dont be that guy.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

It would help if you could prove it’s CD by screenshoting the player or getting the name by right-click blocking them. You have provided no proof that it is a CD player and this is the first I have heard or seen anything like this, it could be DR. Bay is on DR side of your map this week, although since it does seem to be hacks it most likely doesnt matter. This didnt happen in any CD matchups during seasons so I doubt it is us. And as for Wraith’s accusations, provide SS’s or names, not that it really matters, anet doesnt ban WvW exploiters, they only delete topics about them. Also if it happens again add me to friends and ill go to the jumping puzzle and try to get the guys name from my mini-map if he is infact from CD, that’s the most we can do.

Also in b4 delete.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Reigne Irkalla.4768

Reigne Irkalla.4768

So far this is “about a match up” because people are speaking about it in those terms.

Don’t use server names and the thread won’t be closed. It’s that simple.

Reigne – Idyn – Ereskigal (IRKALLA) Rex – Giddim – Gilgamesh (NERGAL)
The Eternal Mist [THEM] We are currently recruiting!
Must love dungeons and have a sense of humor – pm me for more info :D

in WvW

uberkingkong.8041

Told you guys before its in the JP. Instead of whinning how about you go inside the JP and get to the top and kill those people. That way you can take a screenshot too to show if its CD or whoever as well.

If CD is really as big and bad as you say them to be, than how come they not T1 with powerhouse servers like Jade Quarry?

No exploits here, just people who too afraid to enter the Jumping Puzzle. All I see is two screenshots facing the JP and people hiding in there garrison like they cant handle combat outside there base, making accusations that its a CD using exploits.

You ever heard of people setting up a treb, trebbing you from the other enemy location, its called diversion, they trying to get you to think its the other team attacking you, so you attack the other team. This is what could be a diversion, since people rarely go into the Jumping Puzzle.

in WvW

Wraith.7529

It would help if you could prove it’s CD by screenshoting the player or getting the name by right-click blocking them. You have provided no proof that it is a CD player and this is the first I have heard or seen anything like this, it could be DR. Bay is on DR side of your map this week, although since it does seem to be hacks it most likely doesnt matter. This didnt happen in any CD matchups during seasons so I doubt it is us. And as for Wraith’s accusations, provide SS’s or names, not that it really matters, anet doesnt ban WvW exploiters, they only delete topics about them. Also if it happens again add me to friends and ill go to the jumping puzzle and try to get the guys name from my mini-map if he is infact from CD, that’s the most we can do.

Also in b4 delete.

Your correct it was an only a very certain assumption on my part. I corrected my post best I could. No offence was intended. I just wanted a leader on your server to be info is all. Thank you for the response. No doubt this will be close soon anyways like all other hacking threads.

in WvW

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

Could we get a screenshot that wasn’t taken from within the walls? If it’s actually outside the map on that cliff, maybe you could take a shot looking up from the wurm? Or has anyone actually checked the jumping puzzle to confirm it’s not there?

The one screenshot that claims to show the treb is very far out.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in WvW

wey daw ming.5784

thats how so called “zoom hacks” happen, by contorting your FoV into something like 10k x 100 pixels so you can look over walls

So using 3 monitors and my graphics to its full potential is a zoom hack? Please explain how. I can not shoot over anything more than you can. I need a line of sight. The zoom hack that I know of is one that you can see inside keep and towers and shoot. Using your graphics card at a higher resolution is not a hack. It has been discussed many times before and Anet has no problem with it… I want to enhance my gaming experience and the view using 3 monitors is fantastic…

(edited by wey daw ming.5784)

in WvW

Wraith.7529

Told you guys before its in the JP. Instead of whinning how about you go inside the JP and get to the top and kill those people. That way you can take a screenshot too to show if its CD or whoever as well.

If CD is really as big and bad as you say them to be, than how come they not T1 with powerhouse servers like Jade Quarry?

No exploits here, just people who too afraid to enter the Jumping Puzzle. All I see is two screenshots facing the JP and people hiding in there garrison like they cant handle combat outside there base, making accusations that its a CD using exploits.

You ever heard of people setting up a treb, trebbing you from the other enemy location, its called diversion, they trying to get you to think its the other team attacking you, so you attack the other team. This is what could be a diversion, since people rarely go into the Jumping Puzzle.

Good attempt at trolling but

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2013-01-28
World vs. World[edit]

Siege is no longer usable while inside a WvW jumping puzzle.

in WvW

uberkingkong.8041

Could we get a screenshot that wasn’t taken from within the walls? If it’s actually outside the map on that cliff, maybe you could take a shot looking up from the wurm? Or has anyone actually checked the jumping puzzle to confirm it’s not there?

This is what I’m talking about. I guess people on NSP cry nerf whenever they don’t know how to counter something and cannot even properly scout it out confirming its off the map as they claim.

All I see is people making screenshots inside there garrison because they too scared some CD player will own them 1v1 style if they lure outside there garrison by themselves and properly confirm from all angles its off the map and not just by posting screenshots from one angle inside there garrison.

With the information they are giving us, its just like saying, screenshot, “the world is flat and not round anymore.” Rather than venturing out and actually proving or disproving the world is flat or round, aka that the treb is actually off the map, which it isn’t because that’s impossible.

in WvW

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Could they possibly be trebbing from the adjacent map???

(edited by oscuro.9720)

in WvW

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

Good attempt at trolling but

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2013-01-28
World vs. World[edit]

Siege is no longer usable while inside a WvW jumping puzzle.

I don’t think he meant inside the jumping puzzle, considering it’s a cavern and you wouldn’t be able to fire out. He probably meant the large, and very high up, platform just before the puzzle.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in WvW

Posted by: Cedeqien.8293

Cedeqien.8293

For anyone thinking it’s around the wurm area or around the puzzle area, we checked already, there was nothing. It was clear that it was off the map.

in WvW

Wraith.7529

Only SS I have of it. It was difficult to get since it was placed off the map. A lot of players including myself searched along the cliff wall and in the JP to find a route to it, even all the way to the skritt area and back. Counter trebs and AC were placed in different locations but none could reach it. Reports were submitted by many I am sure there is better screen shots and game cam vids out there some where.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

So using 3 monitors and my graphics to its full potential is a zoom hack? Please explain how. I can not shoot over anything more than you can. I need a line of sight. The zoom hack that I know of is one that you can see inside keep and towers and shoot. Using your graphics card at a higher resolution is not a hack. It has been discussed many times before and Anet has no problem with it… I want to enhance my gaming experience and the view using 3 monitors is fantastic…

i told you: im not calling you dirty. dont get all huffy. im just stating facts, not judging.

frankly a lot of what people call “hax” is just ignorance, poorly implemented terrain, settings extremities, and weird skill interactions.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Mewdos.2580

This is what I’m talking about. I guess people on NSP cry nerf whenever they don’t know how to counter something and cannot even properly scout it out confirming its off the map as they claim.

All I see is people making screenshots inside there garrison because they too scared some CD player will own them 1v1 style if they lure outside there garrison by themselves and properly confirm from all angles its off the map and not just by posting screenshots from one angle inside there garrison.

With the information they are giving us, its just like saying, screenshot, “the world is flat and not round anymore.” Rather than venturing out and actually proving or disproving the world is flat or round, aka that the treb is actually off the map, which it isn’t because that’s impossible.

We were actually inside our Bay (cuz we don’t exactly just camp garri while Bay is getting trebbed) and around 10 of us went to individually check your glorious JP, where we found nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: phirefox.2568

phirefox.2568

I don’t think he meant inside the jumping puzzle, considering it’s a cavern and you wouldn’t be able to fire out. He probably meant the large, and very high up, platform just before the puzzle.

He probably did. However, said platform seems to be pretty far away from whatever place those shots are coming from, if ming’s and Wraith’s screenshots are anything to go by

Edit: messed up the server-name censoring… too lazy to change it now though :p

Attachments:

(edited by phirefox.2568)

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

He probably did. However, said platform seems to be pretty far away from whatever place those shots are coming from, if ming’s and Wraith’s screenshots are anything to go by

Edit: messed up the server-name censoring… too lazy to change it now though :p

OMG, THEY ARE TREBBING FROM EOTM!

/sarcasm

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Actually I think it’s more like within this circle.

Around what time do they do this? Cos I dont see them doing it.

Attachments:

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

wey daw ming.5784

i told you: im not calling you dirty. dont get all huffy. im just stating facts, not judging.

frankly a lot of what people call “hax” is just ignorance, poorly implemented terrain, settings extremities, and weird skill interactions.

Eh I am not getting huffy sorry if I come across like that, internet talk can feel like that.. Just trying to explain what and why I run 3 monitors. When I added the monitors the GW2 game software has a drop down in the graphics for the resolution.

in WvW

Posted by: X Factor.2641

X Factor.2641

Also in b4 delete.

Based on the fact that DR has been on the complete defensive this week (because you guys have been kicking our butts), it’s doubtful it is DR. Now obviously I’m not monitoring that map all the time so I could be wrong but I doubt very much that it is a DR player. The real question though is “Are they in the map or not?” because if they aren’t then it doesn’t matter who it is, they get reported. If they are in the map then it doesn’t matter who it is either and… well… lay on. I’ll keep my eyes out for anyone talking in team chat mentioning anything about it though, I don’t like being associated with cheaters.

[TMW] Darkstar
Leader, Driver, Lover
DR

in WvW

X Factor.2641

Looks like you aren’t reading the chat my friend. JP siege no longer allowed, so before you go insulting people calling them cowards to go fight CD and check out the JP it might behoove you to learn your facts

[TMW] Darkstar
Leader, Driver, Lover
DR

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

That’s a map exploit all right, no doubt about it. You’re not supposed to be able to treb from there. I don’t know what version of WvW you’ve been playing, but you just sound like an kitten who doesn’t know what he’s talking about. You can’t build trebs in the JP, end of kittenin’ story. If anything, you sound like you’re defending the person(s) that built the treb. Exploit much lately?

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

LOL. Look at this guy talking about it being in the JP when you haven’t been able to build siege in there anymore for, what, over a year?

in WvW

Posted by: Ohbe.9761

Ohbe.9761

Also in b4 delete.

Based on the fact that DR has been on the complete defensive this week (because you guys have been kicking our butts), it’s doubtful it is DR. Now obviously I’m not monitoring that map all the time so I could be wrong but I doubt very much that it is a DR player. The real question though is “Are they in the map or not?” because if they aren’t then it doesn’t matter who it is, they get reported. If they are in the map then it doesn’t matter who it is either and… well… lay on. I’ll keep my eyes out for anyone talking in team chat mentioning anything about it though, I don’t like being associated with cheaters.

Tbh, we’re not even doing anything to push PPT since its post seasons. Don’t see why all of a sudden our server would start using hacks when we haven’t the entire season. We already know we out populate both servers. There’s no incentive for us to cheat to add more salt to the wound.

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Lets forget the fact that there is a single, notorious exploiter on CD, neruson-san , who is an equal opportunity harasser. This is very much his style.

someone who suggested that they go to the JP to check there clearly doesnt play much WvW, since Siege has been un-deployable in the JPs for months and months and months, and months.

The Trebuchet in the screenie is on the edge of the map, where it can only be accessed or countered by utilizing exploits of some kind.

in WvW

uberkingkong.8041

Lets forget the fact that there is a single, notorious exploiter on CD, neruson-san , who is an equal opportunity harasser. This is very much his style.

someone who suggested that they go to the JP to check there clearly doesnt play much WvW, since Siege has been un-deployable in the JPs for months and months and months, and months.

The Trebuchet in the screenie is on the edge of the map, where it can only be accessed or countered by utilizing exploits of some kind.

Well if its still going on, its not an exploit because I’m sure the game masters are well informed of this, and not saying anything because fact is, he aint exploiting and the game master doesn’t want to come to forums and be like “hey its not an exploit, hes in the jumping puzzle”, because obviously you’ll go gather up a massive raid force to take out 1 guy because yall scared to investigate. I’d laugh hysterically if it wasn’t CD and some random dude from the other world, trolling to make you all mad and flame CD for them exploiting. Cuz yall seem to automatically assume something without investigating it seriously, taking multiple pics while hiding in the keep isn’t investigating, you gotta take pics from all angles and prove without doubt its off the map if that’s what you strongly believe. Automatically assuming something as in, ‘has to be CD’, ‘has to be an exploiter’.

Just wait till you get to T1 if you ever do, thing is, your server probably isn’t used to fighting worlds that use tactics, and your just use to the same worlds doing the same thing, maybe that guy trebbing you was from a T1 server like JQ, were they learned a few tricks, to just confuse the heck out of you and leave you in your garrison scared and mind blown.

All I gotta say is if any of you guys make it to T1, be prepared to get mind blown by crazy strategies and tactics, of course the number one server Jade Quarry is the master of the art of war.

in WvW

X Factor.2641

Well if its still going on, its not an exploit because I’m sure the game masters are well informed of this, and not saying anything because fact is, he aint exploiting and the game master doesn’t want to come to forums and be like “hey its not an exploit, hes in the jumping puzzle”, because obviously you’ll go gather up a massive raid force to take out 1 guy because yall scared to investigate. I’d laugh hysterically if it wasn’t CD and some random dude from the other world, trolling to make you all mad and flame CD for them exploiting. Cuz yall seem to automatically assume something without investigating it seriously, taking multiple pics while hiding in the keep isn’t investigating, you gotta take pics from all angles and prove without doubt its off the map if that’s what you strongly believe. Automatically assuming something as in, ‘has to be CD’, ‘has to be an exploiter’.

Just wait till you get to T1 if you ever do, thing is, your server probably isn’t used to fighting worlds that use tactics, and your just use to the same worlds doing the same thing, maybe that guy trebbing you was from a T1 server like JQ, were they learned a few tricks, to just confuse the heck out of you and leave you in your garrison scared and mind blown.

All I gotta say is if any of you guys make it to T1, be prepared to get mind blown by crazy strategies and tactics, of course the number one server Jade Quarry is the master of the art of war.

And you know this how? You are so quick to dismiss the possibility of an exploit as you so eloquently put it “without investigating it seriously”. Enough of your “holier-than-thou-I’m-from-JQ-you-don’t-know-anything” attitude. I can say that too because it could be some people from my server and if some is exploiting it I’ll be the first to come down on them which is why I want to make sure it’s not an exploit. So if you have nothing intellectual to say, than say nothing instead of boasting about “If you guys were T1 you’d get roflstomped lololol.” It has already been established many times that JP can’t be used for siege. If you’d like to continue to argue this matter take a screenshot of you setting up siege in the JP, then you can rub it in my face all you want but until then, find a new explanation instead of clinging tightly to your old one.

P.S. From what I hear TC is kicking your butts this week… I thought JQ is the master? No one likes someone who is a kittenbag to other people boasting he’s the best man, otherwise people like me come along and play Devil’s Advocate.

[TMW] Darkstar
Leader, Driver, Lover
DR

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I don’t know if you’re trolling or if you’re just dumb by denying all the evidence…

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

lol why would CD want to use treb when we could easily deploy 10 guild catas ? we do that regularly….

EDIT :
also the screenshots doesn’t tell all. there is nothing that show the wall damage percentage. i could simply accuse NSP of hacking as well, go to the top of that cliff , build a treb and hit their own Bay, just to provide false screenshot saying CD/DR is hacking… how about that ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

(edited by azizul.8469)

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

This is clearly a conspiracy of the highest order. Please continue~

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

guys…. you cant even come close to hitting bay from the jumping puzzle…. way to far
go there 1x and check your map pls

also on these screenshots ANYONE who isnt stupid can see that the trebuchet spot is even more south that the supply camp… and FAR MORE south than the jumping puzzles…
people in their tunnel vision… ignoring obvious things…

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

guys…. you cant even come close to hitting bay from the jumping puzzle…. way to far
go there 1x and check your map pls

also on these screenshots ANYONE who isnt stupid can see that the trebuchet spot is even more south that the supply camp… and FAR MORE south than the jumping puzzles…
people in their tunnel vision… ignoring obvious things…

Indeed, would like to ask those people saying its from the JP to try and even hit bay from there. First of all you cant even build a treb and even if you could it would be waaaaaaaay out of range.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

So far this is “about a match up” because people are speaking about it in those terms.

Don’t use server names and the thread won’t be closed. It’s that simple.

^this.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

For anyone thinking it’s around the wurm area or around the puzzle area, we checked already, there was nothing. It was clear that it was off the map.

Oh well I guess there goes my suspicion. I was going to test to see if you can hit bay from the cliffs above the NW camp. You can legitimately jump pretty far up on some of those ledges.

I think I’ll still test it.

in WvW

Posted by: Icetea.3204

Icetea.3204

Personally i don’t think its a hack. There must be a place where you can jump far enough. I mean why should they hack themselves up to this position, if they could hack themselves just into bay?

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Personally i don’t think its a hack. There must be a place where you can jump far enough. I mean why should they hack themselves up to this position, if they could hack themselves just into bay?

Because you can’t see who is the guy on the treb unless you hack yourself up there. If he just flies inside a keep with people, someone might have time to get his account name by blocking him.

So we can’t just get his account name and bring it to public/Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Could be a terrain glitch unique to that area that gets the guy up there (there are lots of well known terrain glitches that allow people to “mountain goat” in dungeons, for example).

Just speculation, but isn’t EotM in that corner? Maybe there’s a way to fall into BL from EotM without dying.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Just speculation, but isn’t EotM in that corner? Maybe there’s a way to fall into BL from EotM without dying.

I don’t think the instances are connected since EotM are various overflows of the same map.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I don’t think the instances are connected since EotM are various overflows of the same map.

Oh man they should be connected though. That would be an awesome change.

If you capture Bay you can build a tunnel to EotM from the top of that cliff. You see all that construction equipment up there above the water – that’s probably what its for.