Trebuchet's need a nerf

Trebuchet's need a nerf

in WvW

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Well, I’ve often been in the situation where my zerg is half of the size of the enemies,’ and taking out the trebs with a rush simply isn’t an option (especially when they are placed in easily defended locations). Taking it out with a counter treb won’t work either, because they have more elementalists with them which means more swirling winds uptime. This resulting often in a few of our elementalists standing on top of the wall blocking as many shots as they can, until that wall finally drops.

I think it’s also a mechanic that rewards the larger zerg, again something that isn’t needed in my opinion.

Three elementalists with a focus can keep SW up enough to negate 2-3 trebs. That kind of invalidates larger zerg at that point, doesn’t it? Unless you need 100% uptime, then you need 5. But really, 5 isn’t much from a zerg.

This actually rewards smaller groups with specific compositions, I don’t mind that. The same thing is also rewarded with a bunch of golems and mesmers and I don’t want that removed from the game.

also, i’m pretty sure guardians can block trebs. Actually, guardians can’t block trebs, i just see them throw bubbles up all the time for no reason, lol. But thieves can, depending on the angle.

No sanc can block treb shots jus hard
And smoke screen from engis and theives

Also invulnerabilities, which engineer, elementalist, guardian, and mesmer can all get. Mesmer takes the gold on invulnerability though with Blurred Frenzy.

Trebuchet's need a nerf

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Well, I’ve often been in the situation where my zerg is half of the size of the enemies,’ and taking out the trebs with a rush simply isn’t an option (especially when they are placed in easily defended locations). Taking it out with a counter treb won’t work either, because they have more elementalists with them which means more swirling winds uptime. This resulting often in a few of our elementalists standing on top of the wall blocking as many shots as they can, until that wall finally drops.

I think it’s also a mechanic that rewards the larger zerg, again something that isn’t needed in my opinion.

Three elementalists with a focus can keep SW up enough to negate 2-3 trebs. That kind of invalidates larger zerg at that point, doesn’t it? Unless you need 100% uptime, then you need 5. But really, 5 isn’t much from a zerg.

This actually rewards smaller groups with specific compositions, I don’t mind that. The same thing is also rewarded with a bunch of golems and mesmers and I don’t want that removed from the game.

also, i’m pretty sure guardians can block trebs. Actually, guardians can’t block trebs, i just see them throw bubbles up all the time for no reason, lol. But thieves can, depending on the angle.

Also invulnerabilities, which engineer, elementalist, guardian, and mesmer can all get. Mesmer takes the gold on invulnerability though with Blurred Frenzy.

Invulnerability stops treb shots?

#TeamJadeQuarry

Trebuchet's need a nerf

in WvW

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Yes, though you have to catch the shot directly to stop it from exploding. Like, first thing it hits is your hitbox catch. This also makes Elementalist Focus really good since not only does it have Swirling Winds but it has Obsidian Flesh.

(edited by gimmethegepgun.1284)

Trebuchet's need a nerf

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Yes, though you have to catch the shot directly to stop it from exploding. Like, first thing it hits is your hitbox catch.

OK, you know I’m pulling out my sword and trying this next chance I get.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Trebuchet's need a nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Gangstamech.8237

Gangstamech.8237

Only issue I have with trebs, is the fact that you can treb safely from within your keep and hit other towers/camps/etc.

I guess the quick way to fix this would be to just lower the range of trebs a smidge.

Gangstamech(Engee), Brute Chieftain(War), Unholy Potato Skin (Necro)
Yak’s Bend [FoW]

Trebuchet's need a nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

I think you need to find some ele’s with a focus. I have been finding lately that trebs are near worthless most of the time.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Trebuchet's need a nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Guardian sword #3 can also block treb shots and cata shots it they’re well timed.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

Trebuchet's need a nerf

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Only issue I have with trebs, is the fact that you can treb safely from within your keep and hit other towers/camps/etc.

I guess the quick way to fix this would be to just lower the range of trebs a smidge.

As much as I agree with that in part, there’s also the fact that it keeps the battlefields more dynamic. If trebs couldn’t reach walls from relative safety like that I suspect there would be a lot more bunkering down and less activity on the maps.

I still say reflecting treb and cat shots would be fun. If they could be reflected multiple times the ping-pong matches would become things of legend!

#TeamJadeQuarry

Trebuchet's need a nerf

in WvW

Posted by: DarthMohax.2593

DarthMohax.2593

I still say reflecting treb and cat shots would be fun. If they could be reflected multiple times the ping-pong matches would become things of legend!

Cant agree more!
Regarding topic – no, trebs are perfectly fine, they are designed to be something that can attack from safe place.

Darth Mohax, Charr Warrior in Underworld

Trebuchet's need a nerf

in WvW

Posted by: UCF Knight.8095

UCF Knight.8095

Anet, please don’t listen to any of the misguided advice in this thread.

Trebs do not need to be nerfed into catas. You can treb from within a keep? Big deal, counter treb, wait till they try to take the tower and farm them, take their keep, etc.

Everyone is so hell bent on having EVERYTHING be on an even playing turf. Just because a treb can hit you doesn’t mean you should be able to walk up and hit it back. This isn’t elementary school.

Also, eles blocking shots is an optional part of the game. If you don’t want to do it because it’s boring to you, don’t do it. For some reason people have the idiotic belief that if they don’t enjoy doing something, it should be taken out for everyone. It’s a strategic part of counter siege and needs to stay. A well organized group will out siege an unorganized group and that’s how it should be rather than this WE ALL NEED TO BE EQUAL nonsense.

I’d say they should just develop a blank featureless triangle, where all three teams play inside with the exact same skills and no siege so everything is as’ fair’ as possible, but some of you would still find a way to complain

[VK] Stryder Aragon
[VK] Arwen Evenstar
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by UCF Knight.8095)

Trebuchet's need a nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Not even going to list all the reasons, as the community can for me.

All I am saying is, Treb’s are OP, they need a nerf on several levels to even them out.

Thoughts/Comments/Suggestions?

Another idiotic comment from somebody who thinks all weapons/siege/classes/abilities should be completely equivalent in all situations. WvW isn’t checkers … it’s a dumbed down version of chess.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Trebuchet's need a nerf

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Not even going to list all the reasons, as the community can for me.

All I am saying is, Treb’s are OP, they need a nerf on several levels to even them out.

Thoughts/Comments/Suggestions?

Another idiotic comment from somebody who thinks all weapons/siege/classes/abilities should be completely equivalent in all situations. WvW isn’t checkers … it’s a dumbed down version of chess.

Heh… zerg chess. I like that. Move your pieces the fastest, don’t forget you have more than one!

#TeamJadeQuarry

Trebuchet's need a nerf

in WvW

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

Anet, please don’t listen to any of the misguided advice in this thread.

Trebs do not need to be nerfed into catas. You can treb from within a keep? Big deal, counter treb, wait till they try to take the tower and farm them, take their keep, etc.

Everyone is so hell bent on having EVERYTHING be on an even playing turf. Just because a treb can hit you doesn’t mean you should be able to walk up and hit it back. This isn’t elementary school.

Also, eles blocking shots is an optional part of the game. If you don’t want to do it because it’s boring to you, don’t do it. For some reason people have the idiotic belief that if they don’t enjoy doing something, it should be taken out for everyone. It’s a strategic part of counter siege and needs to stay. A well organized group will out siege an unorganized group and that’s how it should be rather than this WE ALL NEED TO BE EQUAL nonsense.

I’d say they should just develop a blank featureless triangle, where all three teams play inside with the exact same skills and no siege so everything is as’ fair’ as possible, but some of you would still find a way to complain

Spvp not close enough to that for you??

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

Trebuchet's need a nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Eliandal.8735

Eliandal.8735

The only ‘change’ to trebs I would like to see is when people start bombing the steps to a portal keep with them (Yes – even in T3 this happens in the daytime where one force completely outnumbers the other 2 combined)

It should automatically ‘spawn’ a counter shot from the portal area – eliminating the offending treb – and perhaps doing a combined AOE of say…500K damage.

I just don’t see why – in game terms – the Legendary defenders would allow trebbing of their steps – they certainly don’t allow people to get close!

Cuthache | Ranger
OTG!
Yak’s Bend!