Trebuchet's position: exploit or not ?

in WvW

Posted by: Byega.4215

Byega.4215

Q:

Hi,

I have a little question about trebuchet’s position. Do you think that this one is an exploit bug (you can only destroy it by building a trebuchet) ?

Since a player with cow ammo can take away almost all the supplies from ennemies, this treb has a really big importance.

Attachments:

80 Human Elementalist – Dagger/Focus

Last fair fight before Orbageddon was against Itkoviana

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Does it take a special skill (or leap) to get there? I just can’t tell on the picture.

I wouldn’t say being able to drop siege equipment anywhere is an exploit as much as I would say that WvW needs a pass at making more areas unavailable to siege (roofs would be a good start).

in WvW

Byega.4215

Nope, you can go there from your citadel.

This spot would be ok for me if ennemies could go up there.

(edited by Byega.4215)

in WvW

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

I think the point is that the enemy can never get there via legitimate means, unless I’m mistaken.

That location may very well have not been considered when they made the supply-draining feature, but if it’s a problem, it’s a low-priority problem, IMO.

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

That position is perfect for eliminating the trolls that set up base of fire operations and enough siege to farm anything less then a zerg and proceed to camp the few defenders left on a map trying to recover the camp.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Yes, it’s an exploit, and anyone who takes the time to run supply there should think hard about life choices. While enjoying a 3 days suspension.

in WvW

Posted by: David.4821

David.4821

Just don’t make a forum post about people AC zoom hacking your treb down or if people get into your spawn to kill repair agents/troll after getting that treb down.

in WvW

Byega.4215

Just don’t make a forum post about people AC zoom hacking your treb down or if people get into your spawn to kill repair agents/troll after getting that treb down.

Why do you tell me that ?
The treb was built by someone else and i don’t really like this spot since i find it really unfair

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

It is fine. Hardly any impact and the enemy can make it up there.

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Looks to me like a perfectly legitimate position (providing it’s accessible to attackers- and I think it probably is because you’re not showing the ‘determined’ buff).

TBH treb is a clumsy weapon to use against ground troops except in very confined spaces. If I were attacking the camp it wouldn’t cause me to lose any sleep. That camp is rarely taken just for the sake of the supply in it and never held for any length of time by invaders.

in WvW

Posted by: dawna.6290

dawna.6290

That particular treb spot, as that whole back side of the area is not siege locked for whatever reason, I would say no. Reason being, you can make a treb and treb it down from the ground. The one I do have a problem with is the one allllllll the way up inside citadel where it is siege locked, there is a space that isn’t and enemy teams cannot counter treb, ballista, or AC it down. The only counter I have heard about for it, is for a whole zerg to storm the citadel and take it down and yes, that can be done.

Lexsíe
Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: juicifruitz.6251

juicifruitz.6251

It’s not in a siege locked area, it’s close to the north eastern exit from the north camp supply.

It can be, as some one else mentioned trebbed down, if it really bothers you, and players CAN jump up and get to it in order to bash on it to take it down. Whilst people will argue to the legality of opposing players being able to get to that spot to manually bash on it, players are still able to.

in WvW

Posted by: Ptolemy.5086

Ptolemy.5086

I am not really see an issue here. If any server you are fighting with can hold this camp long enough to make sense for your server to drain supply then you are beyond help anyway. Reason to build Treb there is to take out small to medium enemy group with seige while you are being outnumbered.
Comparing to ppl opening accounts on other servers in order to drain supply from keeps and towers or using zoom and speed i hacks it is really not a problem worth mentioning.

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

They’ve invented a debuf to prevent you from building siege where it would be an unacceptable advantage. The fact that the debuf isn’t active there, as evidenced by the screenshot and the presence of the treb, is a good indication that it is not considered an exploit. If they don’t want you building siege there, they can extend the debuf area.

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Not an exploit.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.