Triumphant Hero's Armor time gated mats.

in WvW

Posted by: road range.6293

road range.6293

It seems the light and heavy T2 THA armor requires 40 days of gated crafting materials, when medium only seems to require 20 days of gated mats. (am I missing something?)

T2 light THA requires 20 Grandmaster Tailors Marks.

Each mark requires (2) Vabian Silks. > Each Vabian Silk requires: (1) “Spool of Silk Weaving Thread” each. > Only one per day can be crafted. Which gates this armor at 40 days of gated crafting, at one silk weaving thread per day, to make the required 20 Grandmaster Marks. Same with mithrilium in heavy armor.

Medium armors appear to only need (1) item of each time gated crafting material for their respective Grandmaster Marks. So, it appears that it only takes 20 days to craft daily gated materials for medium, and 40 days time gated for light and heavy armor.

Correct?

Even (possibly) to balance cost of leather, taking 40 days of gated mats, to obtain light and heavy T2 armor, and only 20 days for the medium seems to greatly outweigh any gold costs. Having enough claim tickets and mats for a full set, only to find out you need 40 days of crafting silk weaving thread, or mithrilium is discouraging, when it doesn’t appear to be time gated equally across the board.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaim.5483

Kaim.5483

If you have gold then just buy those ascended mats from the trading post.

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

If you have gold then just buy those ascended mats from the trading post.

Ignoring if the math is correct, it shouldn’t come down to buy. It should be the same across all classes. Same for armor, same for weapons, regardless of class.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Posted by: CrayonComa.7129

CrayonComa.7129

I believe that if you go to Verdant Brink etc. and craft gear for the faction provisioners, you can earn grandmaster tokens which can then be exchanged for grandmaster marks. This is, however, also time-gated, as you can only get one per day. But if you pair it with crafting the marks, it might speed things up a little bit. Good luck! I’m not high enough in rank to even think about the T2 ascended gear.

Edit: I realize that this does no good for those without the HoT expansion. x(

in WvW

Posted by: Kaim.5483

Kaim.5483

I believe that if you go to Verdant Brink and craft gear for the faction provisioners, you can earn grandmaster tokens which can then be exchanged for grandmaster marks. This is, however, also time-gated, as you can only get one per day. But if you pair it with crafting the marks, it might speed things up a little bit. Good luck! I’m not high enough in rank to even think about the T2 ascended gear.

Those are provisioner tokens, not grandmaster’s marks.

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

i love how everyone here is suggesting work arounds as opposed to accepting that there is indeed a very simply inbalance

in WvW

Posted by: CrayonComa.7129

CrayonComa.7129

I believe that if you go to Verdant Brink and craft gear for the faction provisioners, you can earn grandmaster tokens which can then be exchanged for grandmaster marks. This is, however, also time-gated, as you can only get one per day. But if you pair it with crafting the marks, it might speed things up a little bit. Good luck! I’m not high enough in rank to even think about the T2 ascended gear.

Those are provisioner tokens, not grandmaster’s marks.

Ah, alright! I was hopeful. Oh well. And yes, I agree that the required materials for light armor should match the quantities required for medium. Would be nice if Vabbian silk would drop from magic-warped packets.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Ascended crafting has always had imbalances that anet have never seen fit to fix. When ascended armor first came out I pointed out to Chris Whiteside at the time that the time gating meant that light armor took significantly longer than medium or heavy to craft. He basically implied that it was an oversight but they never corrected it.

These crafting options should take the same amount of time for all armor types.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

i love how everyone here is suggesting work arounds as opposed to accepting that there is indeed a very simply inbalance

There’s always been imbalance, just as the cost of leather is astronomically higher than cloth.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I just figured out that those lege armors will cost like kitten.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Medium takes fewer items because T7 leather is vastly more expensive than T7 cloth and metal.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Medium takes fewer items because T7 leather is vastly more expensive than T7 cloth and metal.

except if you farm the materials it literally cost nothing, and still continues to be faster.

Why are people even trying to justify blatant imbalance?

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Time gated ascended gear should be brought down, its 2017 like everyone and their mother have ascended gear by now….its plain stupid and this needs to change.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

A crafting recipe should not be predicated on the economy, its poor game design if thats the case.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

40 days!?!??!
That’s more days than in a month!

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

That’s because medium armor professions are less useful in wvw than light and heavy armored professions, therefore the counterbalance is they’re easier to equip.
[/partial sarcasm]

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

heyyyy craft all 4 mats each day and sell the ones you dont need so you can buy the ones you do need and get it done in 10(!!!) days!!!

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Time isn’t problem. Problem is amount of mats.

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

.. its poor game design if thats the case.

You’re not wrong, but that’s why it’s done this way. There are material imbalances literally everywhere in crafting in this game, and I don’t think ANet has any plans to address them.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

except if you farm the materials it literally cost nothing, and still continues to be faster.

Except that the opportunity cost is that if you didn’t use the mats yourself, you could have sold them for a profit.

Just because you farmed the mats yourself doesn’t mean that they’re ‘free’. The price you’re paying for using them is the money you could have got if you’d sold them. Granted, that’s generally less than it would have cost you to buy them (due to TP fees if nothing else), but nevertheless, you are paying a price for using materials you farmed yourself, even if that price is somewhat hidden.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in WvW

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Except that the opportunity cost is that if you didn’t use the mats yourself, you could have sold them for a profit.

Im pretty sure that applies to everyone?
Did medium armor classes lose the ability to continue farming and/or sell materials?

Just because you farmed the mats yourself doesn’t mean that they’re ‘free’. The price you’re paying for using them is the money you could have got if you’d sold them. Granted, that’s generally less than it would have cost you to buy them (due to TP fees if nothing else), but nevertheless, you are paying a price for using materials you farmed yourself, even if that price is somewhat hidden.

So to balance in game currency the justification is to balance by making something take twice as long?
Not only is that a horrible balance design it’s a horrible argument.

By your logic, the leather wearer now has a gold advantage as well if they choose to continue farming materials. If a light armored character and a leather armored character both farmed for the materials for the same amount of days.
Not only will the medium armored character finish faster.
They also will leave with a profit, assuming they continued to farm for the entire duration that it would take a light armored person to finish their single set.

You get 20 extra days to enjoy an aspect of the game that would require ascended armor, and farm for extra gold.

But that is fair and great game design right?

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

We need more PvE mobs in WvW so we can farm mats.

in WvW

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

Nodes/synthesizers, loot bags from kills, reward tracks. It’s more than there used to be.

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

We need more PvE mobs in WvW so we can farm mats.

Go do a little bit of PvE. For the time spent doing WvW for mats and or gold. You could’ve made that at least 3 times faster in PvE land. Then you can spend more time focusing on your WvW gameplay with the gear you wanted. Rather then farming endlessly in WvW.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

We need more PvE players in WvW so we can farm bags.

FTFY