Turn desert bl into ebg?

Turn desert bl into ebg?

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

I personally think desert borderland should be just turned into an EBG because of how the towers are layed out and how big the map is. Yes anet will have to do a lot more work on them to turn them into ebg but it probably would be best long term idea.

Change the layout of the keep and one more tower and camp to each side. Put a big castle like smc in the middle of the map or something else(share your ideas down in the comments for what something else could be). Give each tower a shrine not the keep. Let’s say your capture tower #1 now your have access to shrine #1 and now you guys have 40% speed boost available.

I think a lot of people will start enjoying desert borderlands a lot more if it was an EBG map and there is so much empty space in the middle that could literally be used for anything but I think people will prefer a castle like Stonemist.

Arena net maybe take a poll on this and see how community reacts to it??? And then your can rotate current ebg map with Desert ebg every quarterly and leave 3 alpline map alone.

Another thing anet can do is make dragon, centaur and turtle banner through towers in Desent ebg only and remove it from guild hall upgrades because those banners are still annoying. Let’s say one of the shrines around air keep will provide you with with centaur banner but to get access to the shrine and banner you have to capture this tower and same idea goes with dragon banner one of the shrines around fire keep will provide you with dragon banner but to get access both to the shrine and banner you have to capture this tower and same idea also applies to turtle banner.

The catch will be once you pick up the banner the shrine goestrogen down on 3 hour cooldown and there will be 1 of each banner on the map. Let’s team fire with the dragon banner is facing team air with the centaur banner and team fire happened to wipe team air then team fire will be able to pick up the centaur banner but I can see that getting annoying af so you can also put the timer on the banners I guess banners will be available only for one hour each with the 3 hour cooldown on the shrine.

If you choose to put smc in the middle of the map then you guys can do a event 1 time a day during prime time in which SM will go completely neutral and which ever team manages to capture it that team will get 20% bonus points towards their reward track through out the whole day until the next day when the even gets active again.

(edited by CrimeMaker.8612)

Turn desert bl into ebg?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

/slaps forehead

Or just re-skin ebg to a desert and done?

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Turn desert bl into ebg?

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Turn desert bl into ebg?

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I don’t really like the desert skin, and I also imagine a lot of folks that like EB are probably the least likely to tolerate the DBL.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Turn desert bl into ebg?

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

I don’t really like the desert skin, and I also imagine a lot of folks that like EB are probably the least likely to tolerate the DBL.

Personally I don’t like the desert either, maybe if the dbl was made in snow in the first place it might have been more tolerable. But a re-skin isn’t a bad thing as long as they don’t change anything else with ebg, I just wouldn’t start with a desert theme.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

Turn desert bl into ebg?

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Changing the DBL with ABL’s quarterly will just mean a portion of accounts won’t play at all when their preferred map is not available.

Just like right now

They need to figure out how to run all 3 maps so everyone will play. Maybe give the DBl to one server combo and rotate that between server combos every week?

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Turn desert bl into ebg?

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I can’t believe I’m reading this OP. You’re basically asking for an entirely new map. It would take 6+ months for what you’re asking, minimum! And, the Desert skin is a huge turn off itself.

Also, how about that WvW is supposed to be a Competitive RvR game mode??? They should leave T1-2 with 3 Alpines and EBG, then let the other Tiers have whatever they want then. Because it becoming extremely obvious people have lost focus on WvW being built as a competitive RvR platform. You can’t have balance thru dissimilarity. smfh

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Turn desert bl into ebg?

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Do we need 2 threads on this idea that will never happen?

Dear OP,

EB is the most popular wvw map so they are not changing it.

Thanks

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Turn desert bl into ebg?

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

I can’t believe I’m reading this OP. You’re basically asking for an entirely new map. It would take 6+ months for what you’re asking, minimum! And, the Desert skin is a huge turn off itself.

Also, how about that WvW is supposed to be a Competitive RvR game mode??? They should leave T1-2 with 3 Alpines and EBG, then let the other Tiers have whatever they want then. Because it becoming extremely obvious people have lost focus on WvW being built as a competitive RvR platform. You can’t have balance thru dissimilarity. smfh

What part of T1-2 do you think is “competitive”? GvG scene is currently dead but thats a whole different discussion. WvW doesnt only exist in T1-2. If changes are going it should happen to all or none at all and please changing the layout of the map shouldnt take more than a month and few mechanics.

Turn desert bl into ebg?

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Competitive lol.

Hi, my blob is bigger than your blob, we win!

Population and coverage are not even close for every server, how can wvw even be competitive. Only thing remotely close to competition is GvG, and that’s pretty dead now.

You only play every week to determine the next random matchup, except T4, they get to play by themselves.

Turn desert bl into ebg?

in WvW

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

Yes.

Yes we do.

Turn desert bl into ebg?

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

What part of T1-2 do you think is “competitive”? GvG scene is currently dead but thats a whole different discussion. WvW doesnt only exist in T1-2. If changes are going it should happen to all or none at all and please changing the layout of the map shouldnt take more than a month and few mechanics.

Competitive lol.

Hi, my blob is bigger than your blob, we win!

Population and coverage are not even close for every server, how can wvw even be competitive. Only thing remotely close to competition is GvG, and that’s pretty dead now.

You only play every week to determine the next random matchup, except T4, they get to play by themselves.

This is why WvW is going to heck. You’re just using the maps as a pseudo PvE zone with dueling. This is why breaking the T1 wall was a terrible idea. Why trying to force the population out is another truly horrid idea. The Tiers had meaning and they should have meaning based on the players preferred play style. Many in T1 “stacked” because they wanted Large Scale Combat and to play for first. Building an Army and Team was baked into the game mode as a core concept. That’s what a War simulation should be like.

I’m not one to toss the “Care Bear” term around but, after reading the forums this week, Wow does it apply.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Turn desert bl into ebg?

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

This is why WvW is going to heck. You’re just using the maps as a pseudo PvE zone with dueling. This is why breaking the T1 wall was a terrible idea. Why trying to force the population out is another truly horrid idea. The Tiers had meaning and they should have meaning based on the players preferred play style. Many in T1 “stacked” because they wanted Large Scale Combat and to play for first. Building an Army and Team was baked into the game mode as a core concept. That’s what a War simulation should be like.

I’m not one to toss the “Care Bear” term around but, after reading the forums this week, Wow does it apply.

Who says I’m just dueling? I go out and ppt and fight as well, I defend and take stuff, I roam, I havoc, I don’t gvg. I play wvw like it was meant to be played thanks. If i want to pve I’ll go to the pve maps, more rewarding.

Tiers separated servers by population and coverage. No other server could compete with T1, so not much of a competition other than the 2 other servers with you and even then it was a lopsided mess at times. Yeah tiers had meaning, T1 blob tier, T2 zerg tier with gvg, T3 we can’t make it into T2 then gvg tier which then disbanded, T4 and below are we can’t recruit enough players down here to move up, cause guilds keep leaving to go up instead, T8 where the servers that exploded go to rest. Sound about right?

Also I think you know who to thank for breaking the T1 ceiling, their stacking and restacking broke servers.

Turn desert bl into ebg?

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Yes.

Yes we do.

No we don’t. A thread exists on this topic and it will not happen. Was already stated by the devs that EB is the most popular map, so it’s not changing. Let’s be rational minded about this.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Turn desert bl into ebg?

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

Also I think you know who to thank for breaking the T1 ceiling, their stacking and restacking broke servers.

I do and I dislike that some Dev’s bought into that person’s warped thinking.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Turn desert bl into ebg?

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Why would they remove the most popular map and replace it with the least popular? MAKES NO SENSE.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY