Turn off Queue's in WvW

Turn off Queue's in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Zoletan.3672

Zoletan.3672

Bugged or not, having a Queue system for a sandbox system like WvW is rather idiotic. Not to mention incredibly annoying for guild who are trying to play together, and cant because despite being in a group before hand, and queuing at the same time, we still randomly get in WvW. It took approx 2 hours for 4 of a 5 person group to get into WvW, and i gave up after 3 hours because i got tired of sitting in the queue.

There needs to be a better way to get everyone in WvW, and not keep people out, which defeats the entire purpose of the WvW zone. Please at least acknowledge that this needs to change to a better system.

For example, DAoC had a system where every 15 minuets, they would port everyone in a specific AoE into the zone. Given the “port from anywhere” nature of this game, a similar system could be used like a “reinforcements” timer (like those used in Day of Defeat) Where you queue, but it would show a timer of when you will get in (out of the say 15 minute max wait).

Now that isn’t perfect, but its not a queue per-say, as it is a reinforcement timer. Everyone who stands ready to get in, will get in with that group.

We just need something better than the scatter brain system (from a player standpoint) that is currently in place. While this queue system may work, and be needed for sPvP, it doesnt work for WvW.

Turn off Queue's in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: DJPenguin.6945

DJPenguin.6945

the servers lag enough as it is. the hamsters would die if there wasn’t a cap.

Turn off Queue's in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Fugly.5287

Fugly.5287

2 hours 37 minutes in queue since reset
can’t minimize the game to play other games because i’ll miss the queue pop-up
can’t play other games while waiting because I can’t hear the queue pop-up
nearly everybody on the server is in queue
nobody is going to leave WvW until after midnight
fail
fail
fail

Turn off Queue's in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: billiam.9245

billiam.9245

Queues exist because WvW servers get full. That’s all there is to it. So how are you going to add more people “every 15 minuets(sic)” to a full server? Let’s face it- WvW is popular, and there isn’t really a better system other than “first come, first serve” to allow everyone to play.

Turn off Queue's in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

Queue, wait 10 minutes, requeue. Lather, rinse, repeat until you get in. It seems to get around the bug in the queue system.

Turn off Queue's in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: jazzbrownie.6049

jazzbrownie.6049

Ignoring the obvious server issues there would be from just letting everyone pour in to EB, the maps are balanced around having a certain maximum number of players in them. Keep doors and lords would drop even faster than they are now and it would just be silly.

Asking for queues to simply be gone is short-sighted. If you’re that sick of the queue times, move to another server. No one is forcing you to be on HoD, SBI, or ET.

Turn off Queue's in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hix.8925

Hix.8925

Transfer to a less populated server

Turn off Queue's in WvW

in WvW

Zoletan.3672

" No one is forcing you to be on HoD, SBI, or ET."

That’s a cop-out reply. You say that like only one of the WvW servers has a long queue. That im purposefully picking the most full server. This game needs work, no question. And while i find it unlikely they would drop the queue system all together (given how many people would cry), the wait times are unacceptable. And the reason im posting about it is because if they fix it, i can see this game becoming very enjoyable. However ive already heard of Many people quitting the game specifically due to the Queue times. So yea, nobody is forcing them to play, but im fairly sure Arena.net cares about player loss, so this should be at their attention.

“WvW is popular, and there isn’t really a better system other than “first come, first serve””

Yea there are, other games have done it.

Turn off Queue's in WvW

in WvW

Zoletan.3672

Transfer to a less populated server

That’s not as easy as you make it sound.

Turn off Queue's in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sahriah.3792

Sahriah.3792

So what your saying is, they should turn off the only system preventing ridiculous lag, not to mention controlling many servers completely flooding WvW

If you were in WvW but had to much lag to play, would that be ok with you?
If you were in a low pop server, that got completly overrun because the pop cap let a high pop server overrun you with no effort, would that be ok?

Yet the one thing in your control, which server your on, you wont even consider.

Selfish much?

Turn off Queue's in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Rosco.1326

Rosco.1326

Queues exist because WvW servers get full. That’s all there is to it. So how are you going to add more people “every 15 minuets(sic)” to a full server? Let’s face it- WvW is popular, and there isn’t really a better system other than “first come, first serve” to allow everyone to play.

To be honest, I prefer the bugged system , because at least with a “random” queue I’m able to play WvW from time to time. As an adult with a job, and since I cannot queue before 7pm, if it was really a FIFO queue, I would NEVER be able to enter WvW since every student/jobless/whatever would tag before me everyday.
Move to another server ? I asked my guild and they want to wait until panda is released to watch how the population is evolving. Even if all the population was equally distributed among all servers I doubt there would be slots for everyone. There are queue even on the low pop servers.

Turn off Queue's in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nubz Unite.5694

Nubz Unite.5694

I don’t think the OP understands why queues are in place anet isn’t sitting around a table asking how can we suck the enjoyment out of this game for people I know why don’t we add an insanely long queue. While I do agree their needs to be an option to to enter with a group and your guild and prioritze both of those the solution isn’t a shorter queue theres enough lag as there is.

Turn off Queue's in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kralous.7563

Kralous.7563

I don’t understand that even with the new queue time data people aren’t researching and finding servers that suit their play time.

I did this before the queue data was posted by making a mental note of what I thought were the most competitive, then over the course of a couple of weeks transferring around until I got bearable queue times. Man I wish the queue data was up before I started doing this. But realistically it didn’t take me long to find a home.

Turn off Queue's in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Daish.6139

Daish.6139

troll post or a really stupid player

get your guild to move to a lower population server if they are that interested in WvW

Turn off Queue's in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: SaInT.5274

SaInT.5274

This queue system is F>U>C>K>E>D, ive been in a queue for over 5 hours today, requeued every 10 mins, relogged 20x and ppl around me are getting in within 5-10mins. Getting kittenkitten off at the lack of support on important issues,