Turn off the notifications

in WvW

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

With the ABL’s back, there is no reason to broadcast when something is flipped. This only made sense on maps which had little to no roaming, or when no one was playing the maps.

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

I want notifications go so it stops blocking my view. Pretty please.

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I find them useful. If you have a problem with them, maybe ask for extra option where you can turn them off.

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

agree get rid of this message if ppl really care about whats been flipped they can go download app for it.

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

I would also like to see these notificatons removed. It would be perfect if there was the option to turn them off.

These notifications pop up at the most inconvenient times ruining targeting and views in fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Anvil.9230

Anvil.9230

For targetting, perhaps you should use the keybord which is, according to my mind, more efficient than with the mouse.

Those notifications are rare enough as structures do not change so often, and very usefull to constantly keep in mind the the general evolution of the match on the map where we are.
In my own case it has never been an issue even in roaming situations I can play with my thief.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Yeah an option to turn this off would be very welcome. That way people who like it can keep it on, and those who do not like it, can turn it off.

win/win situation to me.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

you can turn them off but it will also turn off the chat messages as well.. on the chat box option uncheck wvw and these pop-ups go away as well.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Nadha.6097

Nadha.6097

Its a bit of a dilemma.
I find the messages useful sometimes, to not have to check the map so often (and autorun off the next cliff)
BUT they completly cover ther center of my screen for some seconds and can’t be clicked away. (I think the size might depend upon the clients fontsize?)
this is especially annoying in the middle of fights where I can’t see what opponents might be up to and might loose me the fight

I vote for the options
a) to move them ie. to the right side of the screen where chests or achievments pop up
b) or turn them off and only display the message in chat – so if you have time you can read it, if not, not.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Yeah an option to turn this off would be very welcome. That way people who like it can keep it on, and those who do not like it, can turn it off.

win/win situation to me.

Agreed

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

in WvW

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

I think the main issue is that the alert is in the middle of the screen. I think it would be sufficient to have it in the chat channel only, but I don’t want to see it go away. Those notifications are a constant reminder that there is action going on and makes the maps feel more alive (imo).

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

I think the main issue is that the alert is in the middle of the screen. I think it would be sufficient to have it in the chat channel only, but I don’t want to see it go away. Those notifications are a constant reminder that there is action going on and makes the maps feel more alive (imo).

Agreed and most have mentioned that in various other posts. Right in the middle is the worst idea.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Please get rid of that kitten popup in the middle of the screen, its so annoying and interferes with fights. The text update is fine.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

keeping this thread alive, it’s still annoying.

in WvW

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

Quality of Life improvements did not win the vote, so we have no immediate plans to work on something like this. Also, while it might not seem like it, this problem is non-trivial to solve cleanly.

in WvW

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

Tyler, you’ve been impressing me with your recent activity in the WVW forums lately. Altho i dont agree much on the latest one (wvw balance and nightcaps, me being OCX/SEA player) i appreciate the attention you’re giving us…
it’s hard to please everyone, but hey, at least you’re doing something

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

I appreciate the response too. It’s all us wvwers ever wanted, just to hear some acknowledgement.

Even moving the box to the top of the screen or something would be awesome if the massive message has to stay.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Quality of Life improvements did not win the vote, so we have no immediate plans to work on something like this. Also, while it might not seem like it, this problem is non-trivial to solve cleanly.

We didn’t need this feature added in the first place, just give us an option to turn it off or just turn it off. It came with HoT and you guys already have tweaked it once when guilds were abusing it by claiming several items on and off.

Tyler, if you get some time, go watch some of my past streams on twitch (in my signature) and look at how large that is with my screen resolution. It takes up so much of my viewing space for no reason and I have no option to move it or turn it off. I know I am not the only one with this issue, but it is really hurting my game play.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

To be fair, QoL lost because with a couple of exceptions the proposed changes were pretty bad. Adding more visual clutter like sparkle trails and floating whatever isn’t QoL, it’s the same thing people are complaining about in this thread.
You really need to create an official thread where people give you their top 5 or 10 QoL ideas and then after reading through it you all come back with the ones you think you can get done.

But kudos on responding to this thread. Even if the response is “we can’t work on that right now” it’s a lot better than hearing nothing. Hopefully this is something you can take care of after scoring.

However if the complicated part of fixing this is coming up with the on/off option, but you can easily just shut it off, you should probably consider turning it off and then bringing it back when you have time to implement it the right way. Most veteran players are already keeping an eye on the PPT and the map anyway and know when something is lost or capped without a big message spoon feeding them the info.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Bummer, understandable but still that popup is really distracting and annoying. I dont mind the text update, but that popup. Can it perhaps be moved if it cannot be disabled?

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

the top right pve corner annoys me more then anything else.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

This isn’t a quality of life issue. It’s a common sense issue that should have never made it into the game to begin with. At the very least it should have come with the ability to disable it. How this kind of garbage makes it past the drawing board is beyond me.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

This isn’t a quality of life issue. It’s a common sense issue that should have never made it into the game to begin with. At the very least it should have come with the ability to disable it. How this kind of garbage makes it past the drawing board is beyond me.

^ My thoughts exactly.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

I’m glad the notifications are there. As a scout and roamer, they are important in being able to move towards enemy activity faster than looking at the map.

That being said, I’d have no problem with an option to disable them as some here have suggested in an effort to appease both sides. I would, however, be completely against removing them entirely.

in WvW

Posted by: TallBarr.2184

TallBarr.2184

We didn’t need this feature added in the first place, just give us an option to turn it off or just turn it off. It came with HoT and you guys already have tweaked it once when guilds were abusing it by claiming several items on and off.

Tyler, if you get some time, go watch some of my past streams on twitch (in my signature) and look at how large that is with my screen resolution. It takes up so much of my viewing space for no reason and I have no option to move it or turn it off. I know I am not the only one with this issue, but it is really hurting my game play.

It’s not even blocking the view, and no, we are not gonna watch your stream pvd ing doors and ganking players. You and the other 4 that wanted alpine back got this problem.

Ultimate Dominator , Diamond invader

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

It’s not even blocking the view, and no, we are not gonna watch your stream pvd ing doors and ganking players. You and the other 4 that wanted alpine back got this problem.

The vast majority of people wanted alpine back. I believe Anet said an “overwhelming number” of players wanted it back. But keep believing it was just 4 or whatever other arbitrary number you want to come up with. Doesn’t make it true but go ahead and believe what you like.

And to keep things on track, yes the notifications do block the view and are annoying. Which again the vast majority of people seem to agree on. Maybe even an “overwhelming number” but even if not overwhelming certainly more than 4.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Alpine = good.

Messages = good. It helps with scouting and it really isn’t up there that long.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Tyler,

Although this pop up is only on the screen briefly, it really becomes a Serious Problem in Large Scale Fights, i.e. – a 3-way battle in SMC Lord’s room.

It’s hard as heck to try and deal with the plethora of enemy players (particularly in a small area), red circles, our commander(s) movements, and just in general trying to survive. And that’s when such a pop-up like, “Golanta has just been flipped by Green Team” or whatever, really becomes extremely untimely and unwanted. NOTE: I do agree that when I’m scouting, it’s really nice to know this kind of info via the pop-up, but that’s not the case for most players most of the time, especially those zerging imo.

I think the moral of the story here is:

For future features like this…

…if you’re going to implement something that adds obstruction to the player’s viewing/playing area, especially for WvW, at the point of implementation:

1) Make it so the feature is able to be toggled On or Off.
2) Make it able to be moveable and resizable like the chat window and mini-map.

By doing the above when a feature like this is implemented, it eliminates such issues as what we’re experiencing.

Please make some adjustments to it when you can. Thank you.

Moonlight [THRU]

(edited by Krypto.2069)

in WvW

Posted by: Ogre.3124

Ogre.3124

Wvwintel’s website is better for scouting. Suggest scouts start getting that A-game level and do away with the spam indication rectangles.

Though there are benefits. Can roleplay with that rev bandana covering your eyes. The message blinding you can be pretended to be in fact your bandana.

Maguuma

(edited by Ogre.3124)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Wvwintel’s website is better for scouting. Suggest scouts start getting that A-game level and do away with the spam indication rectangles.

Though there are benefits. Can roleplay with that rev bandana covering your eyes. The message blinding you can be pretended to be in fact your bandana.

Conversely, you can just play as if you’ve been blinded by an opponent for less than 2 seconds. I suggest dodge.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: TallBarr.2184

TallBarr.2184

The vast majority of people wanted alpine back. I believe Anet said an “overwhelming number” of players wanted it back. But keep believing it was just 4 or whatever other arbitrary number you want to come up with. Doesn’t make it true but go ahead and believe what you like.

And to keep things on track, yes the notifications do block the view and are annoying. Which again the vast majority of people seem to agree on. Maybe even an “overwhelming number” but even if not overwhelming certainly more than 4.

There are other things that needs to be adressed, not a small text on the to top of your screen. If its so annoying why dont you remove all the ui since it clutter your view so much. Theres a keybind for that you know.

Ultimate Dominator , Diamond invader

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

TYLER i got your theme song below, the people at the office should start calling you “Tyler Breeze”. Yes, I am a WWE fan!!!

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

There are other things that needs to be adressed, not a small text on the to top of your screen. If its so annoying why dont you remove all the ui since it clutter your view so much. Theres a keybind for that you know.

Yes! Absolutely! The ENTIRE UI needs to be addressed. But that’s likely to never happen so why concern ourselves with it?

BG

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

QoL lost fair and square, maybe next quarter. Only so many man-hours available… Communicated so on the forums even!

Tyler scores again

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Yea, not sure why they would put something like this in without a way to turn it off being implemented at the time. Before interweaving something into the game that cannot be reversed easily, they really should think ahead as to whether or not players actually want this to be there.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY