Two North American leagues is a horrible idea

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

For the love of the six gods do not make only two North American leagues!

You said the RNG matches were to collect data. The data could not possibly have told you that it was a good idea to put BP, Yaks, or Ebay in a match with SoR, BG or JQ! Please go back and analyze it again.

The biggest complaint about the RNG system was the unbalanced matches – so you come up with a system that creates even MORE and BIGGER unbalanced matches???

And something I have not seen mentioned is that you are essentially locking the servers into their league for life. If there is no inter-league play there will develop a gap in rating between the #12 and #13 server. That’s the way Glicko works.

This is totally unacceptable. Especially since you have servers in the middle of the pack that have some of their best matches when playing each other. But now they won’t be able to because their natural opponents are in the other league.

I’m on SBI and we are going to get screwed by this. The more I think about it the worse it gets. We will never be able to play one of our arch enemies, BP, ever again. Never get to play CD or SoS, our longtime friends and opponents. We’ll be stuck playing servers that are far too small to give us any competition or fun.

GW2 is supposed to be about fun right? That was what a dev said early on – if its not fun why do it. Well you better rethink this league system because this is not going to be fun for anyone.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

This topic definitely needs to stay bumped until someone listens….

in WvW

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

I’m on BP, and I can speak for my server in that we all feel like we’re getting screwed by this potential change.

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

in WvW

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

This concerns me too. Right now SBI #14 is beating BP #10. In the new system SBI wouldn’t have the opportunity to prove they can beat #10

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Personally I like the change, But If I was in any of those servers that are consantly changing ranking cause of the close matches I would feel screwed over too :l You have 1 month to get rating up to play with your friends and foes though. However that’ll also put you against BG, JQ, SoR at least once. I think they should have just stuck with the 4/6 plan they had told Joystique.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: AphoticEssance.7592

AphoticEssance.7592

I wish they would change the format to be 4 groups of 6 servers. The current proposed format would be really bad.

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Are the league fixtures out already?

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Why even have a league to start with? Waste of resources better spent fixing the increasing number of WvW issues. Do we really need a league to reward the over populated servers? Just give them all a free whatever and lets move on with resources spent in a way that helps all players on all servers.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Why even have a league to start with? Waste of resources better spent fixing the increasing number of WvW issues. Do we really need a league to reward the over populated servers? Just give them all a free whatever and lets move on with resources spent in a way that helps all players on all servers.

I think if the WvW team would get with the “living world” program and come out with some kind of real update/change/addition every month or something, that would be a much better idea than leagues, etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

This change will heavily influence transfers….everyone will be moving towards a higher tier server….

the reason is simple…winning is determined by coverage and the amount of people in WvW for your server.. the higher the tier….the more people….more coverage better chance of winning…

It’s that simple.

Devon’s other answer that “well people can transfer down a tier and push the server into 1st or 2nd”

The reality of the situation is that this will almost NEVER happen…one guild can make a difference, but why would one guild risk taking all their guys to a server that MIGHT have a chance to get first or second in the silver league and then end up at the bottom of gold again?

No one will…

The reality is that everyone will transfer to the servers that have the best chances of winning. Even if they have to sit in a queue forever, they only need to complete their achievements that wait until the end….the end of lower tier servers lol

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

in WvW

Posted by: Ceres.4569

Ceres.4569

Forget leagues. Create teams. Scrap servers 25-27 in Europe since the bottom 4-5 servers there are too small anyway.
24 servers. Split into 3 teams.

Team 1: 1,6,7,12,13,18,19,24
Team 2: 2,5,8,11,14,17,20,23
Team 3: 3,4,9,10,15,16,21,22

Team wins week based on overall wins for each matchup over a certain number of weeks. That way it matters how well the rank 24 server does to rank 1. Maybe servers with hour long queues will transfer players to lower ones to help their team instead of transferring to stack up on ranks 1-3 and 13-15 just before the start. Anet still gets their transfer money (does anyone not pay with gold?) and it actually matters how well you do no matter your rank.
After the first “tournament” change teams based on the new rankings.
Obviously there would still be issues such as, how matchups are decided. Go back to boring “same matchup for several months” or allow randomness where team that wins is whoever gets the lucky RNG.

If they don’t want so many servers to win maybe go with 6 teams.
Team 1: 1,12,13,24
Team 2: 2,11,14,23
Team 3: 3,10,15,22
Team 4: 4,9,15,21
Team 5: 5,8,17,20
Team 6: 6,7,18,19

Make it so you only face servers 1-6, 7-12, 13-18,19-24 over the period. This still creates awful matchups since how unbalanced certain lvls are such as 6&5 vs 1-4 but anything is better than the two leagues of 12 servers individually attempting to win a tournament.

(edited by Ceres.4569)

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I want to know who came up with this idea at ANet and I’d like them to be honest with us and tell us why they hate the WvW population.

We’ll all buy gems if they stop this, we promise!

What server does Mr Carver play on and has he tried moving around to different servers to get a better idea of the real population imbalances in NA?