Umm is there PvP in WvW

Umm is there PvP in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: lilstev.3498

lilstev.3498

Q:

Just came back to this game from Rift about a week ago. Been running some WvW, all I ever seem to attack 90% of the time is a door or a npc……

Any suggestions on a server where there’s actual PvP? Btw I’m on Erradon Terrace.

Umm is there PvP in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Any suggestions on a server where there’s actual PvP? Btw I’m on Erradon Terrace.

There’s your problem. You’re on the lowest rated server, and WvW is pretty unpopulated down there. Anything above T4 should be good, T1 has bigger fights, but that also means more lag and also zergs, just a matter of preference

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

Umm is there PvP in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: noobftw.9654

noobftw.9654

yes and no.

There are conceptually pvp as in player vs player, but it’s vastly different from pvp as in spvp or tourny. The fact is the less spvp type of dueling the server has, the better. In a most organized server, only two types of players exist, zerglings and thief roamers.

Umm is there PvP in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

WvW is more a game of grand strategy where Commanders direct large bodies of players towards strategic goals and objectives and it then falls on those players to use their individual skill and ability to see the commanders vision executed. Player vs. Player tends to indicate more 1 on 1, and this very rarely happens in WvW. It also means that you see many people spend 100 gold to buy the blue hat, but then find that it is alot harder to lead then follow. It really is much like War in that respect.

Having played other war simulators, I must confess there is a depth in GW2 that is missing even from games like Battlefield 3. The commander has to consider so many different variables and possible outcomes to each action, while the players themselves have to maintain their cool and discipline in some very nasty and chaotic situations.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

Umm is there PvP in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

WvW is more a game of grand strategy where Commanders direct large bodies of players towards strategic goals and objectives and it then falls on those players to use their individual skill and ability to see the commanders vision executed. Player vs. Player tends to indicate more 1 on 1, and this very rarely happens in WvW. It also means that you see many people spend 100 gold to buy the blue hat, but then find that it is alot harder to lead then follow. It really is much like War in that respect.

Having played other war simulators, I must confess there is a depth in GW2 that is missing even from games like Battlefield 3. The commander has to consider so many different variables and possible outcomes to each action, while the players themselves have to maintain their cool and discipline in some very nasty and chaotic situations.

What a pile of trash,. Most people in a zerg are half afk or so busy focusing on tagging they might as well be afk. This game lacks depth and the pathetically weak meta to the game is proof.

Typically a skilled ‘zerg’ is really just a skilled commander and 70 other people that can master the basics of stacking, dropping combo fields, and blasting combo fields all on command like trained seals.

Obviously there is a few exceptions, very few, but generally the PvP portion of this game is pretty low in quality. GW2 sets the skill bar so low you can sub in your pet goldfish when you gotta go eat or use the bathroom.

~ AoN ~

Umm is there PvP in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: BenL.5312

BenL.5312

Typically a skilled ‘zerg’ is really just a skilled commander and 70 other people that can master the basics of stacking, dropping combo fields, and blasting combo fields all on command like trained seals.

Obviously there is a few exceptions, very few, but generally the PvP portion of this game is pretty low in quality. GW2 sets the skill bar so low you can sub in your pet goldfish when you gotta go eat or use the bathroom.

It’s true that when you have numbers as large as 70, you would see the symptoms described. When numbers are that large, it is usually just a matter of brute force.

But if you are looking at guilds fighting guilds (GvG) in open field when the numbers are in the 20-30ish range, it is a totally different story. There is alot of discipline, timing, co-ordination and field movement involved.

The magic number seems to be in the 20 – 30ish region per group before things start to go downhill in terms of owpvp.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

Umm is there PvP in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

Be ready for queues on anything above T6. At least you’ll have a chance to get some PvE or crafting in before coming to wvw (if you don’t fall asleep). T6/7/8 servers have great fights and the only queues are on reset night for the most part (~10-20 mins or so on DR on reset night unless you go to EB). IOJ/NSP/GOM/HOD/DR/SF/FC would all probably be a good fit for you. ET has just been beaten into the ground so much that not many people do the wvw thing (from what I understand). Check out http://mos.millenium.org/na/ for the current matchups and results for the past week. Good luck!

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

Umm is there PvP in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

WvW isn’t really catering to true PvP players. If you want PvP, Id suggest you try sPvP or another game.

Umm is there PvP in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

and it then falls on those players to use their individual skill and ability to see the commanders vision executed.

Lag makes that impossible.

Umm is there PvP in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

What kind of experience are you looking for? There is plenty of PvP-type action on ET. My suggestion is to just stop following the zerg.

For example, there is a "fight club" tonight for individual duels and small balanced group skirmishing. You can hunt the individuals and small groups constantly lurking around and taking camps. You can sit at a heavily flipped site and take on the enemy that will eventually show up to take it and call in for help if they are big (I’ve benefitted from cavalry over the hill rescues on the ET borderlands after calling in a report of the catapult the enemy was building to take the keep I was in). We fought back a half-dozen zerg charges on a tower in the Eternal Battlegrounds this weekend.

There are plenty of individuals and small groups doing things to each other once you get away from the zerg. So can you give more detail about what you want?

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Berk.8561)

Umm is there PvP in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

Lag makes that impossible.

In the month or so I’ve been playing WvW on ET, I’ve seen a short queue once and serious skill lag once, both this week.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

Umm is there PvP in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

ET/FC/HoD are the part of the T8 small man group. Fight night is Thursday nights. Usually it’s in green BL behind the windmill. There’s usually a good showing. You’ll get a good taste of pvp there.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain