Uncommon WvW builds

Uncommon WvW builds

in WvW

Posted by: LCV.7245

LCV.7245

Hello fellow Tyrians!

I’m in an unfortunate situation where I’m having to exchange my gaming mouse, which will likely take two or three weeks. During this time, I’m using a very standard mouse with no extra buttons, leaving me with poor control of all of my utility skills. Because of this, I’m looking for some uncommon builds that won’t rely heavily on quick reaction time for utility skills.

I’d like to focus these builds toward WvW play, specifically zerging. I plan to grind up some WvW levels to continue my precursor crafting.

So does anyone have any fun/strange builds on hand? I have all nine professions maxed and enough resources to purchase any gear that’s not ridiculously priced.

Thanks!

The Pleb Army | 80 Sylvari Mesmer | 80 Norn Warrior | 80 Asura Ranger | 80 Asura Necromancer |
80 Sylvari Thief | 80 Human Elementalist | 80 Asura Guardian | 80 Asura Engineer |
80 Sylvari Revenant

Uncommon WvW builds

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

As long as you’re running with a zerg, a full zerk pew pew Ranger would be fine.

Minimal effort. Basically 1 spamming, 2’s on downed people or when you see someone that’s low trying to kite away. Try to stay near the backline so you don’t have to worry too much about dodging and as you should always be doing anyway – keep a close eye on your commander so you don’t get caught out of line.

You’ll be easy to kill sure but in a zerg you should be fine… I run a sniping build on my Ranger a lot and as long as I’m paying attention to the flow of the fight I don’t die very often and all I really have to do is pew pew. Can’t think of anything more minimal effort than that.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Uncommon WvW builds

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Uncommon WvW builds:
Engineer / Scrapper not using Hammer
Mesmer non Chrono
Warrior w/o banners
Ranger not druid
Necromancer w/o wells or Reaper
Thief not daredevil
Revenant not Herald

IMO Herald is the best if you aren’t using utilities. You can just spam CoR and keep fury up.

EoTM is faster if you just want to get lvl 14 WvW rank

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

Uncommon WvW builds

in WvW

Posted by: Peazomanco.7259

Peazomanco.7259

Just pick a staff guardian and join some EOTM train, 1, 3, W and F are the only keys u will need.

Uncommon WvW builds

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Just switch your utility keys to z,x and c. Having utilities on mouse buttons aren’t that good for PvP, especially if they’re ground targeted skills. Mouse buttons should be reserved for instant cast skills. You’re putting too much work onto your mouse control otherwise, and it slows you down.

Maybe I’m just old school, but mouse is for camera movement and keyboard is for skills.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Uncommon WvW builds

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Arrow keys and Numpad FTW!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

Uncommon WvW builds

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Uncommon WvW builds:

Warrior w/o banners

Since when are any banners except their ultimate viable in wvsw? show me a build.
*warrior without ‘banner’

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Uncommon WvW builds

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

I think that was the point – a banner warrior would be a very uncommon build for WvW.

Warrior without banners can be done though – I ran a signets warrior for a while years ago before they nerfed the runes I used for perma fury.

Uncommon WvW builds

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Warrior without banners can be done though

Lol all warriors are without banners.

Now, a warrior with 4 banners… That would be something to see. It actually existed early on the game, before they nerfed the regen to oblivion.

Uncommon WvW builds

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

So, for uncommon WvW builds we should just go with:

Warrior

Easy.

Uncommon WvW builds

in WvW

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

Just build a trap guardian… simply just have to walk out… push 7890 and autoattack once a minute.

Uncommon WvW builds

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Minimal effort? Ah, you are looking at one of the Reaper builds then.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

Uncommon WvW builds

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I run with a standard mouse and Action Camera. I did remap the right click to dodge, scroll down to weapon swap, scroll up to Utility 1, mouse forward Utility 2 and mouse backward utility 3. Q is my F1, E is my F2, C heals, X looks back, I shifted 1-5 to ~-4 and my elite is on 5. I can play most classes with this setup and typically main a Dare Devil.

If that doesn’t work for you, already mentioned but would be my top pics for running in a zerg:

Herald requires little work on the utility side which reduces keys.

DH Trapper which is basically a spam trap build that requires little utility skill work.

Signet Longbow Ranger is stupid simple to play.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”